Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,435 members, 7,954,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:06 AM

I Need To Deal With My Brother-in-law - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need To Deal With My Brother-in-law (7541 Views)

My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? / My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... / My Brother's Fiancee Is An Ex-prostitute Have Slept With. Should I Tell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need To Deal With My Brother-in-law by sugardaddy1(m): 9:36pm On Sep 09, 2013
rigormortis: go to your backyard, dig a small hole, rain all the abuses you feel like raining on your in law into that hole. cover it. drink a tall glass of wine. take a cold shower and go about your business.

Thanks gringringrin
Re: I Need To Deal With My Brother-in-law by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 09, 2013
$ugardaddy:

You see. Finally, I won!gringringrin
That is actually the only problem I personally know I have. I am very humble and open to a fault. But the moment I sense injustice to me or anyone close to me, the humility becomes sturbonness and the open mindedness becomes vitually non-existent until I achieve my aim. I am actually disliked by a lot of people whenever in this mood except the few who know what my true personality is. But I will work at overlooking certian things and moving on now going forward.

We don praise you small now, your head wan come swell. . . tongue

But seriously bro, you need to put ego and pride aside. This is your family we are talking about. Learn to forgive and move on. This life is too short to be holding grudges and scheming on how to deal with people. It aint worth it.

And for those handbags that you carry up and down. . . Remember what goes around comes around oooo. . . lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: I Need To Deal With My Brother-in-law by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 09, 2013
OP .. What's your zodiac sign jare? wink
Re: I Need To Deal With My Brother-in-law by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 09, 2013
Nawaa o.
And people keep on advising on this fake story?

Poster must be having a filled day!
*exit thread*
Re: I Need To Deal With My Brother-in-law by obowunmi(m): 11:52pm On Sep 09, 2013
$ugardaddy:
Sometime ago, I had some misunderstanding with my wife which prompted me to take some measures to restore some sanity in my home. As the "sanctions" were biting harder, my wife notified her family which resulted in one of her younger brothers, who is married with kids, raining abuses on me over the phone. Knowing his antecedents however, I igored him but not until my wife and her mother (who was the root cause of the whole problem) were made to beg and apologize for their actions which led to the misunderstanding in the first place.

It's been a couple of months now and normalcy has since been restored. However, every now and then, I find myself fighting this inner urge to deal ruthlessly with this recalcitrant brother-in-law of mine for his rudeness and sadly, I know it's only a matter of time before I succumb to this urge! Even though I cherish my home and would want to do anything to keep it for the sake of my innocent children, I will not succumb to abuses and insults from any in-law like in this case.

I therefore solicit advice from experienced couples on how best to handle this potentially explosive situation.

Exercise patience, forgive and move on.

1 Like

Re: I Need To Deal With My Brother-in-law by sugardaddy1(m): 10:33am On Sep 10, 2013
Ahh!!! Thank God I survived yesterday on this thread!!! NLers wan kill megrin grin grin

Anyway, as part of my plan to forgive and let go, I called my mil a while ago (something I haven't done in the last couple of months). She was so excited and full of praises, offering prayers and thanks at the same time while I was just smiling, feeling cool with myself and telling her everything was fine as I just called to enquire how she was fairing smiley. Still in shock, she contiuned praying again and it was only when she said she suspected it was a particular lady I was supposed to marry before I met my wife that was behind the whole imbroglio that I told her that all that was no longer relevant as we (my wife and I) have moved on and forgotten about what happened smiley. Deep inside of me, of course, I know the only problem was her interfering with the running of my home and my wife's initial disrespect for "divinely constituted authority" vested in me by God (no be my fault o, na so I meet am) gringringrin. And as prove to me that my wife was a lot wiser now, my mil told me my wife hasn't been taking or returning her calls for some time now but she was glad to hear from me which assured her everything was okay. Of course, I told my visibly elated wife of my interaction with her mother and advised that she gets in touch with her immediately to douse her worries. I know she will give me some special treat in kind later tonight as a result grin grin grin grin grin

Meanwhile, as for my bil, I will eventually call him but I'm going to approach that cautiously so as not to give the wrong impression that I am chickening out of the "cold war", thereby emboldening him smiley. But deep inside of me, I have forgiven and no longer hold any grudges against him- thanks to NLanders and their wealth of experience on family matters grin grin grin

As for the guy who thinks this whole story is fake, you never see anything! Something that made me to stop eating at home for over 9weeks na him u dey call fake? Pray make u no get problem for your marriage, na then u go know wetin marriage be. smiley

Thank you to all my good friends out there o jare. Ehen, my zodiac sign na pisces for the person wey dey ask. But wait, how dat one take concern the matter at hand?

1 Like

Re: I Need To Deal With My Brother-in-law by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 10, 2013
Nice one Bro! I'm very happy you took that bold step. Tell me, don't you feel better now that you have let go? May God bless you and your family. kiss
Re: I Need To Deal With My Brother-in-law by sugardaddy1(m): 10:59am On Sep 10, 2013
Phema: Nice one Bro! I'm very happy you took that bold step. Tell me, don't you feel better now that you have let go? May God bless you and your family. kiss
Thank you o my sister. May God bless you and your family too. Of course, I feel a lot better smiley smiley smiley
Re: I Need To Deal With My Brother-in-law by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 10, 2013
Pisces :

Family

A few of your family relationships may have been damaged or even shattered in recent years. There have been chances to reconcile, but either you or the other person has turned away from those chances. This year, you will again face opportunities to heal, and you may be more ready this time. Take any chance you get to get closer to someone who was once very important to you, and over the course of 2013 you will strengthen the foundation of that relationship.

Hmmm..... Surprising eh? wink You're welcome.
Re: I Need To Deal With My Brother-in-law by sugardaddy1(m): 12:12pm On Sep 10, 2013
I don't believe in zodiac signs and their predictions. I just know I belong to the pisces group and everything ends there.
Re: I Need To Deal With My Brother-in-law by Ngokafor(f): 1:32pm On Sep 10, 2013
Nairalanders and their story telling sef!!....na waoo!!
Re: I Need To Deal With My Brother-in-law by Ngokafor(f): 6:01pm On Sep 10, 2013
m-ployer:
Op u ar just too arrogant, acting like you feed d entire family. From ur words, ur over-bloated ego is definitely the cause of the problem. You want to deal with a grown man with family abi? Go ahead while we watch. Your wife apologised to save her marriage. Her mother apologised in sympathy with her and ur head is spining. This Dude owe you nothing, Take your arrogance near him and see if u won't be deflated. Nonsense! angry
...cant agree more with you...wonder where he gets off throwing his weight around like an emperor!!...imagine plotting to deal with a married man who apparently put him in his place for maltreating his sister months after the issue was resolved...some people sef!
Re: I Need To Deal With My Brother-in-law by Gratia(f): 9:50pm On Sep 11, 2013
$ugardaddy:
Ok, for the benefit of those of you who equate "deal with" to mean physical harm or injury to someone, let me explain what I mean by "deal with" :-

1. I will not call you for any reason whatsover.
2. I will ensure I don't participate in any event that will bring both of us physically together
3. I will ensure my children do not visit or have any interaction with you or your immediate family
4. etc, etc, etc

They are boycott actions and not physical harm as being misinterpreted here. Besides, they may take years to realize grin grin grin.
Like seriously? Op you are far away,,what makes you think you won't need your BiL tommorrow?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It True That Men Can Smell When Women Are Hot? / BAD Parenting:black Lady With Her Baby Twerking In The Bedroom. / Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.