Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? (28309 Views)

What Is The Islam View About The "Re-incarnation"? / Islam View On Masturbation / What Does Islam Teach About 'Luck'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by bentao: 5:01pm On Sep 13, 2013
This is outrageous. Where will this be when the world ends?
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by dannie04: 5:02pm On Sep 13, 2013
This is obviously an End Time Message
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by adsonstone: 5:22pm On Sep 13, 2013
The endtime Prophet (SAW) has spoken of these endtime tinz aforehand.
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by 1stToComment: 5:46pm On Sep 13, 2013
I cannot believe what I am seeing. "The phrase" right on the front page of NL?. This is truly a sign of ...............(Someone help to fill the space)
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by umar745(m): 6:05pm On Sep 13, 2013
End Time Ish
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by lordkrato(m): 6:33pm On Sep 13, 2013
Well,page 2 isnt so bad,now.....

I CAN SCREAM AND SHOUT "END TIME TINZ!!"
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by Kelklein(m): 6:35pm On Sep 13, 2013
lipsrsealed...

Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by EejaNla01(m): 7:01pm On Sep 13, 2013
This is just 1 of the END TIME TINZ foretold by prophet muhammad(pbuh).

May Allah save us in this critical time(ameen).
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by abuhalima(m): 7:10pm On Sep 13, 2013
Misplaced priorities
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 13, 2013
so make saudi arabia no develop because of the prophet saying
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 13, 2013
End of time is drawing nearer.
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by Samunique(m): 7:26pm On Sep 13, 2013
Shaadey: End tym tins nani
The Saudis are trying to fulfill the prophecy of their prophet, having read it. That's good?
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by tinuolababy(f): 8:12pm On Sep 13, 2013
I'm glad the hour has come for me to say this because it is a taboo to do so on NL. Lord I thank you for seeing this day and I thank the op for this thread. This is my first time of saying END TIME THINGS yipee. cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink. Make I utilize this opportunity: Only time can end those things, time ends things,things time end, grin
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by begwong: 8:40pm On Sep 13, 2013
End time tinz!!!
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by Okikiade(m): 9:33pm On Sep 13, 2013
Reflection time!Check your ways and ask for God guidance to the right path!End-time notification...Wars btw nations,civil wars,earthquake,etc.End-Time warnings
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by haibe(m): 9:58pm On Sep 13, 2013
ETT..
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 13, 2013
Putting aside the fact that these hadith about tall buildings could have been fabricated, let us consider that people competing on building taller buildings has been going on for a long time, people have been competing about building the biggest, tallest, grandest forever Eg the Egyptian Pyramids, the Erechtheion in Ancient Greece and the Ziggurats that date from the 6th century BC

And Mohammed could read and write. He was also a travelling merchant, he could have read/heard of empires that stretched in Rome, China and Greece and tall monuments already existed in these places during his lifetime.

This doesn't look at all like a prophecy to me thank you very much. It appears to me to be nothing more than a man drawing deductions based on what he'd seen or read of before.

1 Like

Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by maclatunji: 12:02am On Sep 14, 2013
^ It can't because you are not basing your conclusions on fact.

The Prophet (SAW) was illiterate and the tall buildings he spoke of only began to manifest in the late 19th century as skyscrapers. Prior to that, give us any other 2 "competing" skycrapers you know.

It is okay to be ignorant, it only becomes a problem when you insist on displaying it everytime.
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by Nobody: 12:35am On Sep 14, 2013
maclatunji: The Prophet (SAW) was illiterate
No He wasn't. He could read and write.
Muhammad became ill in the year 632 and his
health took a serious turn on a Thursday. It is
reported that Muhammad asked for writing
materials to write a statement
that would
prevent the Muslim nation from going astray
forever. The first person to reply was Umar,
answering that there was no need for the
statement, arguing that Muhammad was ill
and that the Muslims had Alkitaab "Hasabuna
Kitaab Allah (Book of Allah is sufficient for us)".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadith_of_the_pen_and_paper

Apart from this hadith where muhammed asked for writing materials, Mohammed was a merchant, a renowned one at that and to be a merchant, one had to have some amount of eductaion to record information about his travels and sales, purchases etc. There was no way he could have been a merchant without any knowledge of how to read and write.

and the tall buildings he spoke of only began to manifest in the late 19th century as skyscrapers. Prior to that, give us any other 2 "competing" skycrapers you know.

I already posted a link to the 6th century
Ziggurats in my first post but I'll post it again
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ziggurat

Also the Hagia Sophia in Rome which was 200ft tall and build in the 6th century as well
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hagia_Sophia
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by alexarelano(m): 1:11am On Sep 14, 2013
1stToComment: I cannot believe what I am seeing. "The phrase" right on the front page of NL?. This is truly a sign of ...............(Someone help to fill the space)
make I help u fill wetin Mukina2 ban me upon End kinikan thinz they call am grin grin cheesy alakoba
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by alexarelano(m): 1:14am On Sep 14, 2013
tinuolababy: I'm glad the hour has come for me to say this because it is a taboo to do so on NL. Lord I thank you for seeing this day and I thank the op for this thread. This is my first time of saying END TIME THINGS yipee. cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink. Make I utilize this opportunity: Only time can end those things, time ends things,things time end, grin
bad girl grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by alexarelano(m): 1:18am On Sep 14, 2013
Mukina2 gotta ban me again, 'cos d topic self jst wan make me write what I dnt wanna write. Anyway, I'll manage sha. It's nothin but End Time Thingz grin grin wink wink B) cheesy cheesy grin
sorry ooo 6ter Mukinatu wink grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by tinuolababy(f): 5:42am On Sep 14, 2013
alexarelano:
bad girl grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
. grin grin there's nothing like freedom Bro.
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by adepojuot: 6:35am On Sep 14, 2013
End time signs for Muslims not for Christians.
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by lanrexlan(m): 6:46am On Sep 14, 2013
NL member: Putting aside the fact that these hadith about tall buildings could have been fabricated, let us consider that people competing on building taller buildings has been going on for a long time, people have been competing about building the biggest, tallest, grandest forever Eg the Egyptian Pyramids, the Erechtheion in Ancient Greece and the Ziggurats that date from the 6th century BC
What's our problem with egyptian pyramids now? Read the hadith again.Among the minor signs of the hour,the Messenger (Peace and blessings be upon him) said:When the shepherds of black camels start boasting and competing with others in the construction of higher buildings.And the Hour is one of five things which nobody knows except Allah. [Bukhari ::Book 1::Volume 2:Hadith 47].Are Egyptians or romans shepherds of black camels? Read very well before jumping into conclusion you hear.

And Mohammed could read and write.He was also a travelling merchant, he could have read/heard of empires that stretched in Rome, China and Greece and tall monuments already existed in these places during his lifetime.

This doesn't look at all like a prophecy to me thank you very much.It appears to me to be nothing more than a man drawing deductions based on what he'd seen or read of before.
Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Al-Ankabout 29:48 -Neither did you (O Muhammad SAW) read any book before it (this Quran),nor did you write any book (whatsoever) with your right hand.In that case,indeed the followers of falsehood might have doubted.
The Prophet(pbuh) was an ummi(Illiterate).How did he knew about tall skyscrapers when he only travelled out of Arabia just twice?.....Peace

1 Like

Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by Nobody: 7:16am On Sep 14, 2013
lanrexlan: What's our problem with egyptian pyramids now? Read the hadith again.Among the minor signs of the hour,the Messenger (Peace and blessings be upon him) said:When the shepherds of black camels start boasting and competing with others in the construction of higher buildings

What's your point exactly?
I said the hadith doesn't look like a prophecy to me. It looks like Muhammed{Saw} was making deductions about what the future
would look like based on what he'd observed around him at the time. Muhammed could have heard or read of tall buildings existing in prosperous/wealthy nations so he stated that in the future there would be competitions among nations or peoples to build tall buildings. This isn't surprising at all because even during his time there had been competitions among great empires in different parts of the world in building of very tall buildings.

Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Al-Ankabout 29:48 -Neither did you (O Muhammad SAW) read any book before it (this Quran),nor did you write any book (whatsoever) with your right hand.In that case,indeed the followers of falsehood might have doubted.
The Prophet(pbuh) was an ummi(Illiterate).How did he knew about tall skyscrapers when he only travelled out of Arabia just twice?.....Peace

Muhammed could read and write. I posted a link to an hadith where Muhammed requested for writing materials

A narration attributed to Sa'id b. Jubair
reports:
“ from Ibn Abbas that he said: Thursday, and what about Thursday? Then tears began to flow until I saw them on his cheeks as it they were the strings of pearls. He (the narrator)
said that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Bring me a shoulder blade and ink-pot (or tablet and inkpot), so that I write for you a document (by following which) you would never go astray. They said: Allah's Messenger (may peace upon him) is in the state of unconsciousness. "
Sahih al Bukhari Arabic-English Volume 9 hadith
number 468 and Volume 7 hadith 573

Apart from this incidence, I'd said before that it would have been impossible for a merchant to continue with his trade without any knowledge of how to record his transactions on paper so Muhammed was definitely educated since he was a merchant.
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by lanrexlan(m): 7:56am On Sep 14, 2013
NL member:
What's your point exactly?
I said the hadith doesn't look like a prophecy to me. It looks like Muhammed{Saw} was making deductions about what the future
would look like based on what he'd observed around him at the time. Muhammed could have heard or read of tall buildings existing in prosperous/wealthy nations so he stated that in the future there would be competitions among nations or peoples to build tall buildings. This isn't surprising at all because even during his time there had been competitions among great empires in different parts of the world in building of very tall buildings.
Well,it isn't a must you believe it to be a prophecy.Keep to your perspective.

Muhammed could read and write. I posted a link to an hadith where Muhammed requested for writing materials

A narration attributed to Sa'id b. Jubair
reports:
“ from Ibn Abbas that he said: Thursday, and what about Thursday? Then tears began to flow until I saw them on his cheeks as it they were the strings of pearls. He (the narrator)
said that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Bring me a shoulder blade and ink-pot (or tablet and inkpot), so that I write for you a document (by following which) you would never go astray. They said: Allah's Messenger (may peace upon him) is in the state of unconsciousness. "
Sahih al Bukhari Arabic-English Volume 9 hadith
number 468 and Volume 7 hadith 573

Apart from this incidence, I'd said before that it would have been impossible for a merchant to continue with his trade without any knowledge of how to record his transactions on paper so Muhammed was definitely educated since he was a merchant.
I have explained all these to you,I don't have time going over it again.....Peace
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by badmeat(m): 8:11am On Sep 14, 2013
Tall. Buildings now a HARAM,undecided
Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by JaaizTech: 8:19am On Sep 14, 2013
This is to call the attention of Muslims not to join the bandwagon of "End time things".
That the World would come to an end is a fact, every Muslim must believe in. However the fact that: "Every Soul shall taste death"; is even of greater importance. We all would probably die before the World would come to an end!! so what is the big deal.
Whether we are nearing the end of the world or not, it hardly makes any difference to me; what is important is: What condition would will be on Judgement day

Lastly, we should be careful not to misconstrue the message; the fact that the Prophet (Sallahu Allaihi Wa Salam) said X,Y, Z would happen towards the end of the world doesn't imply that the X, Y, Z is Haram; it just telling us what the condition will be at the time the world is coming to an end.

1 Like

Re: Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 14, 2013
lanrexlan: Well,it isn't a must you believe it to be a prophecy.Keep to your perspective.
I can never believe that statement is a prophecy.
I have a brain and I reason with it..

lanrexlan: I have explained all these to you,I don't have time going over it again.....Peace
Explained what? What are you talking about for heavens sake? This is what you said before:
lanrexlan: The Prophet(pbuh) was an ummi
(Illiterate).How did he knew about tall
skyscrapers when he only travelled out of
Arabia just twice?
Then to prove to you that he wasn't an ummi, I posted a hadith that shows Muhammed was literate and since he was literate, he could have read about those nations competing in building tall structures.

Besides assuming he didn't read about the tall buildings and assuming he didn't travel to those lands to see them, there was also a possibility that he was told of the nations building tall structures by those who had travelled far and wide and seen those monuments for themselves.
Many possibilities exist dude.
Many possibilities.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Women Wearing Short, Tight Or See-through Clothes / Do U Know What Is Attahiyat? / 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.