Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:15 AM

ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met (24739 Views)

Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) / Kwara Poly Students Protest Increase In Fees, Destroy Properties (pics) / Occupy Nsukka: UNN Post-graduate Students Protest Hike In Fees [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by Chiscomax(m): 7:24pm On Sep 11, 2013
dear ASUU,

[size=24pt]WORK NO DEY BUT ASH*AWO NO DEY GO ON STRIKE[/size]
Yours Sincerely,
committee of friends.
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by Godwinsilas(m): 7:25pm On Sep 11, 2013
ASUU Strike has finally reached
agreement:
15 virgin girls,
40 virgin boys,
39 tubers of yam,
5 white goats,
24 kegs of palm wine and 80
kolanuts.......
So students are to
resume in next 4 Eke market days!!
The gods have spoken.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by Slowvenom(m): 7:31pm On Sep 11, 2013
Abeg I dn use dis period 5n wife, make I mari am fst b4 I go comend. Assu Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttt.
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by Reference(m): 7:32pm On Sep 11, 2013
The government says it cannot pay (if not economic collapse), lecturers say they cannot continue to pay (subsidise standards) and students say they cannot pay (afford it). So whose lying. If all of us are poor then how come the product is expensive. Someone's lying.

We say goverment wastes too much money on frivolities, government says lecturers are greedy (some of the highest paid civil servants), lecturers say students are too many (parents close your legs) so whose to blame.
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by rudian(f): 7:32pm On Sep 11, 2013
segzytemi:
Abakaliki - The Ebonyi State University Chapter of ASUU on Tuesday warned of likely increase in school fees if the demands of ASUU were not fully met eventually by the Federal Government.
The Chairman of the chapter, Prof. Ndubuisi Idenyi, gave the warning in Abakiliki at a news conference on the current ASUU strike.
Idenyi said the fee hike would come when universities attempted to source money for their Earned Academic Allowances as directed by the Federal Government.
“We demanded for N500 billion but the government has only released N100 billion to university councils for infrastructure development in selected universities and another N30 billion for part-payment of Earned Academic Allowances.
“The government has asked various universities councils to source the balance.
“But the question is from where will the funds come if not through increase in school fees.”
According to him, the directive has distorted the report of the technical sub-committee on the report of the “Needs Assessment on Nigerian Universities.
“Government's partial implementation of our demand would generate series of problems in our universities, including differentials in school fees structure in public schools.
“The action would also cause migration of students and over-population of students in a particular school.”
He said that the directive might deny many people access to quality education

http://m.news24.com/nigeria/National/News/ASUU-foresees-increase-in-fees-if-demands-not-met-20130911
This just shows that our Country Nigeria is in the hands of an impotent Government, If the school fees is going to be increased, they should go right on ahead but we expect a Sound educational system, and scholarships if we are going to be scraping to pay we might as well be paying for the real deal.
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by Chiscomax(m): 7:33pm On Sep 11, 2013
Slow venom: Abeg I dn use dis period 5n wife, make I mari am fst b4 I go comend. Assu Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttt.

please explain yourself bro because i have got zero idea of what you are talking about or should i classify this as GBAGAUN OF LIFE
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by atlwireles: 7:36pm On Sep 11, 2013
Is Ebonyi State University a federal school How will the Federal government issues involving federal schools, affect school fees in a state school. Can these pretenders tell us why all state universities are on strike If I had the power I will privatize all federal schools over night and see what these ASUU people will strike about next.
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by kenchukscole(m): 7:38pm On Sep 11, 2013
ASUU,una papa....thank God am a Graduate
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by gen2briz(m): 7:40pm On Sep 11, 2013
Fresh air

Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by Reference(m): 7:42pm On Sep 11, 2013
rudian: This just shows that our Country Nigeria is in the hands of an impotent Government, If the school fees is going to be increased, they should go right on ahead but we expect a Sound educational system, and scholarships if we are going to be scraping to pay we might as well be paying for the real deal.

Serious matter. Like the proverbial chicken and egg, which comes first, payment or sound education because I'll be shocked if 500 billion in infrastructure can be delivered in one's academic sojourn thoughtless of a semester. Your payments might just be an endowment for future generations while your own certificate remains sub-standard.
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by Reference(m): 7:51pm On Sep 11, 2013
kenchukscole: ASUU,una papa....thank God am a Graduate

Yeah, yeah but if this problem can be sorted out one way or the other and suddenly OAU becomes Harvard and UNN, MIT then your certificate may just look a touch inferior and you may be forced to hide it or pawn it for a pack of Malboro.
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by adesiku(m): 7:59pm On Sep 11, 2013
Personally•••••*3 Personally•••••*3 Personally•••••*3. (Chorus)-personally.....professionally,this strike is intentionally,And the effect is physically,do they want us to go radically,Emotionally,psychologically,We are broke Economically,our girls agresivelly are going biologically,Sexually,dramatically.Haba- -Habatically,our boys are learning mechanically.Nomore forming swagatically and they talk sey they no wan gree ......... Strike theme song

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by mjames: 8:02pm On Sep 11, 2013
DonColz1: If they increase the school fees, we students will go on strike too , till ASUU meets our own demands, good class room with aircondition, every student will have their own cars, and laptops too, if our demands are not met, then the strike for students will last for one year..

Seconded
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 11, 2013
I wan port o
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by doris4u(f): 8:04pm On Sep 11, 2013
Na wa o,dis is automatically goin 2 mak sum studnts withdraw.i pity Esut studnt who r presently payn 122 as final yr studnts.lord help those in skul
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by mjames: 8:05pm On Sep 11, 2013
Street rep: that one concern them,make i continue my sleep,if them settle,somebody wake me.

You may never wake up.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by Lilchilz(m): 8:06pm On Sep 11, 2013
DonColz1: If they increase the school fees, we students will go on strike too , till ASUU meets our own demands, good class room with aircondition, every student will have their own cars, and laptops too, if our demands are not met, then the strike for students will last for one year..
how much school fees u dey pay self .....smh#
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by mjames: 8:08pm On Sep 11, 2013
eddiebruk: Meanwhile Happy Strike Celebration to ASUU as you clock [size=18pt]73days[/size] in Nigeria

Talk of breaking record.
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by rudian(f): 8:12pm On Sep 11, 2013
Chiscomax: dear ASUU,

[size=24pt]WORK NO DEY BUT ASH*AWO NO DEY GO ON STRIKE[/size]
Yours Sincerely,
committee of friends.
Sharrrap U slowpoke,You are definitely not a student!
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by Marcindy(f): 8:12pm On Sep 11, 2013
woe betide ASUU if there should b increament in skul fees...cos fg s indirectly trying to win d hearts of studnts.
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 11, 2013
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by Chiscomax(m): 8:35pm On Sep 11, 2013
rudian: Sharrrap U slowpoke,You are definitely not a student!

son ov ah... well, the person wey make you dey craze so ehn, e no go better for am at all shocked .

SLOWPOKE? the only grammer you have managed to capture from nairaland. i no wan call you bastard because you are a nairalander, assuming you were not a nairalander i would have shouted;

"YOU BASTARD!!!!!!!!" grin

Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by pbling: 8:36pm On Sep 11, 2013
ds is syria in nig,pure genocide on d poor ones,y shd ASUU use such strategy
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by eyenCalabar(m): 8:39pm On Sep 11, 2013
Personally (ASUU Remix)
Personally
Personally..... .......X3
Personally..... .......x3
Personally I once had it
I don tire to feed my body
I just dey fear my books like sey I neva jacked it
People reason dat am joking like it
Aaaah....... Na wetin be dis
ASUU na wetin I see
Saga........ them no wan gree
Them say FG no gree pay

*Chorus*
Personally... Professionally, this strike is nt
intentionally
But the effect is physically, do they want us to go radically, Emotionally, psychologically ,
our girls forcefully are going biologically
sexually, dramatically and them sey them no wan
gree

*Chorus*
Yeah exceptionally
We need to go spiritually
Them reason na financially
But magically them dey groove internationally
Nawa......... Nawatically
Waka......... Na from my dictionary
Saga.... them no wan gree
They say them no wan gree..o
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by Memyselfu2009(m): 8:39pm On Sep 11, 2013
We are doomed in this country
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 11, 2013
#sigh#
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by SHAIBULIAR: 8:40pm On Sep 11, 2013
God is it a sin to be a nigerian?
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by Kingspin(m): 8:43pm On Sep 11, 2013
Wait una want 500bilion to be paid today. rubbish. You gugs are mad. Are you goin to build the structures in one day or you want the entire money in your pocket, ASUU call up the strike.
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by SHAIBULIAR: 8:45pm On Sep 11, 2013
Memyselfu2009: We are doomed in this country
doomed is an understatement
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by emmymdk: 8:46pm On Sep 11, 2013

Na students day waste their time be that... FG should meet the demand and ASUU should make proper use of the money to enhance good education and production of quality graduates for the future of the country.
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by MrAboki: 8:47pm On Sep 11, 2013
ikp4succes:

Most Public universities in America is run by govt and multinational companies together. But Government suppose to provide an avenue in which student can get grants and loan in paying the school fess if they want to go through this route. FYI the grants/and some of the loans America give their students is tax dollar money paid for by the previous generation to help current generation as the current generation will now work to pay taxes for the future generations to go to school.. As you can see everything is connected, every sector of the country needs to be addressed for this to work smoothly.

i hope you also are aware of the problems associated with student loan scheme in the U.S.. American students graduate and spend a good part of their working years repaying these loans.. Now merge that with the scarcity of jobs in the U.S.. So you are indebted from graduation till death.. i doubt anybody would want that.

I agree that the government should still keep injecting money into schools wether autonomous or not. But generally subsidizing education on a blanket scale is part of the problem.
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by lymelyte(m): 8:48pm On Sep 11, 2013
ASUU is the greatest enemy of students and not FG.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Promised N60,000 Increment In Professors' Salaries – ASUU / Kebbi School Has No New Mattresses Despite Receiving ₦5.6M / Bukola Saraki Awards Scholarship To Best Law Students Of Unilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.