Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,655 members, 7,820,280 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Can A Christian Guy Marry A Muslim Girl? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Christian Guy Marry A Muslim Girl? (16797 Views)

The Mentality Of Muslim Girls About Marrying A Christian Guy Is Annoying / A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians / Should A True Christian Guy Wear Earrings And Plait His Hair.? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Christian Guy Marry A Muslim Girl? by Nobody: 6:52am On Sep 16, 2013
Re: Can A Christian Guy Marry A Muslim Girl? by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 16, 2013
harkindele: Firstly, I'm not sure where to post this topic, maybe religion section or romance. So I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section.

I have been in this relationship since June 2012. I'm a 22 year old undergraduate dating this girl (18) Unilag student 100L. I'm from a Christian home, both parents holding one post or the other in the Church. My girlfriend is a Muslim...a devoted one (wears hijab). She floods her facebook/twitter timeline with various islamic stuffs. + observes 5X prayer.

We started d relationship knowing fully well that we do not share d same faith, we are so much into each other now that we know everything about each other, I knw her friends & siblings and she knows mine too. Infact, d only thing we haven't done is to introduce ourselves to both parents.

Our relationship is so sweet that it even makes her friends jealous, one thing I can boast of is d love she has for me. She will do almost anything to please me.

The sad part is that I told her that I can't marry a muslim n dat I want her to convert. She said no...dat she can't convert. We broke up for 2days n we continued our thing. (Problem not solved yet). She told me dat I can hav the kids (as xtians) after marriage dat I should let her continue as a muslim.

I'm confused now, I don't knw wat to do, I don't wanna loose her. D option of me breaking up with her is a no go area cos she might kill herself. The love is too much, she is one of those girls that wears emotion in the head like head tie...she can do n undo if I try breaking up again.

Do u guys think inter religion marriage is possible? We are so much in love that we even forgot that the church/mosque preaches against this kind of relationship. I think about this everyday n night, really really confused.
Re: Can A Christian Guy Marry A Muslim Girl? by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 17, 2013
[quote author=harkindele][/quote]
Re: Can A Christian Guy Marry A Muslim Girl? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 18, 2013
Re: Can A Christian Guy Marry A Muslim Girl? by Akindarchi(m): 6:16am On Oct 02, 2013
If u are asking for the islamic standpoint, to the best of my knowledge, it is discouraged but permissible for a muslim man to marry a woman belonging to the christian or jewish faith, and forbidden to the muslim man are polytheists and athiests. While it is not permissible for a muslim woman to marry any other than a believing muslim man. Now u know that, if u feel like twisting it in any way to suit ursef, carry on, I just felt I shud put ds up since someone already put up the christian doctrine concerning the matter. If u think it is unfair, take it up with God when u meet Him
Re: Can A Christian Guy Marry A Muslim Girl? by Nobody: 6:23am On Oct 02, 2013
Akin d archi: If u are asking for the islamic standpoint, to the best of my knowledge, it is discouraged but permissible for a muslim man to marry a woman belonging to the christian or jewish faith, and forbidden to the muslim man are polytheists and athiests. While it is not permissible for a muslim woman to marry any other than a believing muslim man. Now u know that, if u feel like twisting it in any way to suit ursef, carry on, I just felt I shud put ds up since someone already put up the christian doctrine concerning the matter. If u think it is unfair, take it up with God when u meet Him
Hmm! Tnx. Sometimes I wonder how this so called doctrines hav crashed so many relationships. We r still together and I have 100% assurance of her love 4me. Do I still leave her?
Re: Can A Christian Guy Marry A Muslim Girl? by Akindarchi(m): 6:51am On Oct 02, 2013
undecided lemme put it ds way, u can either choose to live according to the guidance of God or u choose to freestyle ur life. There are many who indulge in premarital sex and later get married and witness no direct repercussions, but that doesn't change the stance of d religion on fornication. Honestly if my personal opinion was sought in ds matter, it seems to me that u are impying that u trust ur emotions over the decree of the one who created those emotions. On a sidenote when Adam and Eve ate from d fruit, it cud be argued that there really wasn't much logical explanation as to y d restriction was der, God just said stay away from ds one tree, and d rest is history....now God tells u u av all these sisters available to u, just stay away from those others....and d rest wud be ur future. But then my opinion isn't sought so, just reflect
Re: Can A Christian Guy Marry A Muslim Girl? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 29, 2013

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work / Are You Married Or Preparing To? Biblical Verses That Will Strengthen You / The Misinterpretation Of The Palm Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.