Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,408 members, 7,826,579 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible (9219 Views)

101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible / 101 Contradictions In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by MrTroll(m): 2:02pm On Sep 16, 2013
lana_Vello: oh,so they gat many theories that doesn't even answer your question.
i arrived late hence didn't c d fault yu found in d creation story. kindly post it!
oh,you're workin&typin? cool story. can't do d same,datz wah makes u a troll en me,vellosmiley
Listen man, if you choose to be ignorant thats your problem. I will not hold your hand like a 5yr old. Do some research on your own. It is better to accept that some things are still unknown than to make up silly stories in place. . .

For your info, evolution is at odds with the creation story. But while evidences abound for evolution, none exists for creation. Except of course. . .the bible.
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by lanaVello1(m): 2:15pm On Sep 16, 2013
i presume datz a nice way to give in to the xtians....lipsrsealed
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by nnofaith: 2:20pm On Sep 16, 2013
Mr Troll: Listen man, if you choose to be ignorant thats your problem. I will not hold your hand like a 5yr old. Do some research on your own. It is better to accept that some things are still unknown than to make up silly stories in place. . .

For your info, evolution is at odds with the creation story. But while evidences abound for evolution, none exists for creation. Except of course. . .the bible.
that is why i dont bother explaining stuff to most of them. they just can concieve the idea of a universe without god.
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by noblefada: 2:55pm On Sep 16, 2013
You guys are very funny, I'm out. It would have been very interesting and fun debunking and clarifying all the above contradictions but alas u guys did not start the thread for purpose of getting answers or learning. For records I can clarify all the above contradictions very easily. Take care
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by MrTroll(m): 9:13am On Sep 17, 2013
noblefada: You guys are very funny, I'm out. It would have been very interesting and fun debunking and clarifying all the above contradictions but alas u guys did not start the thread for purpose of getting answers or learning. For records I can clarify all the above contradictions very easily. Take care
lol. Save some pride. Bye!
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by MrTroll(m): 9:16am On Sep 17, 2013
lana_Vello: i presume datz a nice way to give in to the xtians....lipsrsealed
Give in to the christians

Delusions of grandeur cheesy

whatever makes you sleep better. . .
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by noblefada: 10:49am On Sep 17, 2013
Mr Troll: lol. Save some pride. Bye!
You know its very funny and absurd that people who don't believe that God exist will still come to a public forum and argue that they know more about what the presume fairy God wrote, more than the people the fairy God said have the ability to understand. Using ur logic what do u make of this, The writer said its his Spirit is needed to understand what he has written, dats it will be foolishness to those who don't believe in him, but the same guys come along and strongly assert they know more about the same book than those the book supposedly said should be custodians of the knowledge. Hmm really thinking what sort of logical explanation to give to this ***thinking***
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by MrTroll(m): 11:00am On Sep 17, 2013
Lol. Its simple really. If you that supposedly has the spirit understands it, why not explain it to us heathens?
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by noblefada: 11:37am On Sep 17, 2013
Mr Troll: Lol. Its simple really. If you that supposedly has the spirit understands it, why not explain it to us heathens?
When we do u simply dismiss has u guys have done severally on this thread, so what else do u want
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by MrTroll(m): 11:47am On Sep 17, 2013
noblefada:
When we do u simply dismiss has u guys have done severally on this thread, so what else do u want
we don't just dismiss it. We show you why and give reasons, not so? Even at that, posterity requires that you explain your position properly so that whoever sees this thread in future will know that you did a good job.

Help your fellow christians bros, their hand is being 'falled' here o cheesy
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by noblefada: 12:42pm On Sep 17, 2013
Mr Troll: we don't just dismiss it. We show you why and give reasons, not so? Even at that, posterity requires that you explain your position properly so that whoever sees this thread in future will know that you did a good job.

Help your fellow christians bros, their hand is being 'falled' here o cheesy
No you simply say its illogical, an illusion. Go back and read the thread u will see. Yes its not suppose to be logical
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 6:28am On Sep 19, 2013
noblefada: You guys are very funny, I'm out. It would have been very interesting and fun debunking and clarifying all the above contradictions but alas u guys did not start the thread for purpose of getting answers or learning. For records I can clarify all the above contradictions very easily. Take care
noblefada, you tried but in the end you didn't leave a mark. Au revoir.
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 19, 2013
xtians pls ans this question, from the bible, God made man and woman, but what about hermaphrodites, siemens twins?? God wasn't sure
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 19, 2013
For me one of the most glaring and conspicuous discrepancies in the NT has to do with the birth of Jesus. The writer of the gospel of Matthew gives us the genealogy of Jesus in precise lots as does Luke, Matthew shows the lineage of Jesus up to the royal bloodline of king David and beyond starting with Joseph father of Jesus.

The problem of course is that Matthew also tells us Mary was a virgin and had a virgin birth therefore, .....you guessed it.....Joseph never fathered Jesus...ergo ...no bloodline to King David as claimed.

I'm sure someone will be along in a minute to tell us that ...it was Mary who had royal blood !!

1 Like

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by lanaVello1(m): 10:55pm On Sep 19, 2013
mtscheeeeeeeww,lyk seriously,you're askin dz shit? joseph was jesus' earthly father and mary conceived of d holy spirit.
joseph was wit a royal bloodline and jesus' earthly father hence jesus is of his bloodline
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by lanaVello1(m): 10:59pm On Sep 19, 2013
regarding hermaphrodites,d bible didn't mention anytin abt em to my best of knowledge bt d bible did say "there is nothing new under the heavens" besides weird tinz happen daily around us. so ion rily get ya point abt GOD's uncertainty
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by nnofaith: 11:10pm On Sep 19, 2013
lana_Vello: mtscheeeeeeeww,lyk seriously,you're askin dz shit? joseph was jesus' earthly father and mary conceived of d holy spirit.
joseph was wit a royal bloodline and jesus' earthly father hence jesus is of his bloodline
listen to yourself! you guys just believe anything with holy spirit in it! earthly father ko, adopted daddy ni!
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by lanaVello1(m): 11:15pm On Sep 19, 2013
nnofaith: listen to yourself! you guys just believe anything with holy spirit in it! earthly father ko, adopted daddy ni!
oh! so now,i clear a supposed contradiction and u go speechless eh
my belief,my concern!smiley
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by nnofaith: 11:21pm On Sep 19, 2013
lana_Vello:
oh! so now,i clear a supposed contradiction and u go speechless eh
my belief,my concern!smiley
you cant trace the paternal bloodline of a person whose farther is the holy spirit!
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by lanaVello1(m): 11:44pm On Sep 19, 2013
ever heard of foster father before?!
see dude,you're totally pointless,joseph took it up en raised jesus as hz son.se finir
jez find anoda contradiction or wait for anoda of ur kind to come en also ridicle himself tryna make a mt. outta a mere hill
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 19, 2013
lana_Vello: ever heard of foster father before?!
see dude,you're totally pointless,joseph took it up en raised jesus as hz son.se finir
jez find anoda contradiction or wait for anoda of ur kind to come en also ridicle himself tryna make a mt. outta a mere hill

There's a full moon tonight and the loonies are out. Where in your bible does it state that a foster child shall rise out of the house of David and his name shall be Immanuel ? If you adopted a child and gave it your name would it have your bloodline ? your dna ? how absurd.
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by lanaVello1(m): 1:40am On Sep 20, 2013
i'd rather u do away wif d insults. wah crap r u writing? d fact dat joseph is his foster father mean they must have d same DNA? fostering a child automatically makes dat child your descendant bt not of ya DNA.mayb d word 'bloodline' is confusing ugrin
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by hayzed14(m): 2:54am On Sep 20, 2013
I have point out several contradictions in the Quran and Bible. All this make me ask why do pple still take all this book serious?
[big lair in centurys to come still the end of time u ll neva find a single contradiction in the quran]it is not like the bible
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by quivah(f): 10:22am On Sep 20, 2013
hayzed14:
I have point out several contradictions in the Quran and Bible. All this make me ask why do pple still take all this book serious?
[big lair in centurys to come still the end of time u ll neva find a single contradiction in the quran]it is not like the bible
What exactly are you saying?
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by MrTroll(m): 12:02pm On Sep 20, 2013
noblefada:
No you simply say its illogical, an illusion. Go back and read the thread u will see. Yes its not suppose to be logical
So, in other words its not supposed to make sense? Ok then.
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 20, 2013
lana_Vello: i'd rather u do away wif d insults. wah crap r u writing? d fact dat joseph is his foster father mean they must have d same DNA? fostering a child automatically makes dat child your descendant bt not of ya DNA.mayb d word 'bloodline' is confusing ugrin

Apologies for the insult. What I would say is that first century Christian worshippers would have had no idea that Jesus was a product of immaculate conception, the idea would have been ludicrous. The earliest and most reliable gospel writer was Mark, his gospel was the main narrative of Jesus for many years until Matthew wrote his account. Mark states very simply that Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee (as an adult) in other words, he was an itinerant preacher who bought into the apocalyptic message of John the Baptist. The writer of Matthew embellishes the narrative of Mark and retroactively ascribes a virgin birth for his reasons, the writer of Luke plagiarises both Mark and Matthew and neither narrative of Matthew or Luke makes any sense or agree on the circumstances of Jesus' birth.

In Mark 6:3 onwards, Jesus is queried, ''isn't this the carpenter ? Mary's son, brother of James, Joseph, Judas and Simon, aren't his sisters here with us'' interestingly Mark doesn't say half brother or adopted son and why would he ? in the earliest surviving manuscripts available today of the book of Mark, he states clearly....''isn't this the carpenter Joseph and Mary's son''

Lastly
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by lanaVello1(m): 1:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
so you're saying joseph actually impregnated mary to conceive jesus?
c'mon,dz point of urs is feeble en u kno it.
d fact dat dey referred to him in mark as d son of joseph means he was truly his father?
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by lanaVello1(m): 1:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
besides,if u adopt a kid today,wud u refer to him as my adopted son, every1 includin u wud call im ur son cos he's already urs. neither wud ur real kids call him our adopted bro/half bro.
infact,dey'd be so close mst pple wud tink u fathered them all
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 20, 2013
There is nothing feeble about my points, in fact they are crucial. What value is there of a genealogy without a direct bloodline to the subject ? Matthew is trying to prove that Jesus has descended from the Royal bloodline of David...fine, I have no problem with that, but then he tells us that Joseph has no relations with Mary till after she gave birth. If Matthew had said Jesus descended from God and left it at that, (like the gospel of John) then no problem. Either Joseph did the dirty on Mary OR Jesus descended from God and you disregard Matthew's genealogy, you cannot have both as the NT will have us believe.
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by khattab02: 6:34pm On Sep 20, 2013
hmmmm. Always giving the agnostic, the Atheist cane to whip you with.
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by nnofaith: 10:39pm On Sep 20, 2013
lana_Vello: besides,if u adopt a kid today,wud u refer to him as my adopted son, every1 includin u wud call im ur son cos he's already urs. neither wud ur real kids call him our adopted bro/half bro.
infact,dey'd be so close mst pple wud tink u fathered them all
you cant have it both ways lad! it is either jesus is the son of god or son of joe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Do We See People Who Are Already Dead And Buried? / Why The 'Daddy' Craze In Our Churches? / Shocking Discovery About NIV Bible. (a Must-read For True Believers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.