Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? (5848 Views)

Five Life Attitudes That Will Catapult You To Higher level If Well Ad-here to / "IF Your Mother Never Does This To You(pix) When You Were Young Then am sorry 4u / Mention Funny Things You Did When You Were Young.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by xynerise: 5:20pm On Sep 12, 2013
grin. I saw this somewhere and decided to share.

We used to do ''Actor & Boss'' those days and we can tear our calenders and note books to form bullets. I almost lost an eye when someone used an iron-like bullet to ''fire'' my left eye. Gone are the days when men were kids cool

6 Likes

Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 12, 2013
no I didn't, I only shot pellet guns
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 12, 2013
Yes I did it and my name was put down in the black book for disrupting biology class grin
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 12, 2013
Hahaahaha...I be supplier. Mumsie used to work in one of those defunct banks (Progress Bank).

I go pack the thing inside school bag - go share for school. We dey use am act 'shooting' film for school grin.

4 Likes

Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by xynerise: 11:24pm On Sep 12, 2013
poshdiva: Yes I did it and my name was put down in the black book for disrupting biology class grin
You must be very stubborn those days tongue
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by vivianc(f): 12:13am On Sep 13, 2013
Yes i did, we had alot of ways with rubber those days but we didn't use it for "actor and boss." We constructed guns with wood. We would create a hole inside it, pour cabad, and cover it with an iron-like tip. Once you hit that iron tip on a stone, the gun would shoot. Then we would draw mustache on our faces with a charcoal, tie our shirts on our heads and be running inside the bush shooting each other. grin grin

What did i not do sef? grin grin

I miss my childhood jare.

6 Likes

Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by xynerise: 12:24am On Sep 13, 2013
vivianc: Yes i did, we had alot of ways with rubber those days but we didn't use it for "actor and boss." We constructed guns with wood. We would create a hole inside it, pour cabad, and cover it with an iron-like tip. Once you hit that iron tip on a stone, the gun would shoot. Then we would draw mustache on our faces with a charcoal, tie our shirts on our heads and be running inside the bush shooting each other. grin grin

What did i not do sef? grin grin

I miss my childhood jare.
I remember the wooden gun. We used a black rubber to ''bandage'' the gun. I exhausted my mum's matches cos the match head represents gun powder grin

2 Likes

Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by Nobody: 12:32am On Sep 13, 2013
When I saw fired rubber, the Y shaped twig with rubber came to mind.

OP , no never seen that one before, I bet that'll hurt. undecided
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by xynerise: 12:40am On Sep 13, 2013
jidegirl12: When I saw fired rubber, the Y shaped twig with rubber came to mind.

It means u be ''Golden moore'' pikin

1 Like

Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by Nobody: 12:49am On Sep 13, 2013
xynerise:
It means u be ''Golden moore'' pikin

Maybe more like it but I still drank akamu with it. grin

My brothers were rough players and never seen them with rubber and paper before. I can relate to the Y shaped twig and thick black rubber ......

just tried it , snapped my finger and it really hurt. I knew it'll hurt.
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by xynerise: 12:52am On Sep 13, 2013
You missed a lot dear grin. You missed the pains we got from it undecided
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by Nobody: 12:52am On Sep 13, 2013
^^ okay ... Sir grin
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by xynerise: 12:57am On Sep 13, 2013
jidegirl12: ^^ okay ... Sir grin
The funny part of it was that the girls have not noticed they were females. They are stronger than we guys and have same organs with us undecided. Erm......what I mean is that they dont know they have a different organ undecided.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by Nobody: 1:46am On Sep 13, 2013
U dis old man, abeg, no go buy rubber for my husband oo...don't wound him for me, abeg! tongue
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by xynerise: 7:05am On Sep 13, 2013
alutacontinua: U dis old man, abeg, no go buy rubber for my husband oo...don't wound him for me, abeg! tongue
If I see am for market I go buy am. Na toy catapult tongue
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by homesteady(m): 8:31am On Sep 13, 2013
LOL!! Yes I did it oh!! I use to have plenty rubbers, I'll be wearing them on my hand!

But I stopped playing with rubber when my uncle told me that if I wear the rubber on my hand, it 'll be sucking my blood gringrin

1 Like

Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by vivianc(f): 9:50am On Sep 13, 2013
xynerise:
I remember the wooden gun. We used a black rubber to ''bandage'' the gun. I exhausted my mum's matches cos the match head represents gun powder grin

Those were the good days, i tell ya. I usually forgot I was female and my dad had to ring it into my ears all the time.

Did you fly Kite? How about wrestling? I still remember my yellow honk Kogan's (sorry if i mess that spelling up) pant. My fav.

The good old days!
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by xynerise: 10:22am On Sep 13, 2013
vivianc:

Those were the good days, i tell ya. I usually forgot I was female and my dad had to ring it into my ears all the time.

Did you fly Kite? How about wrestling? I still remember my yellow honk Kogan's (sorry if i mess that spelling up) pant. My fav.

The good old days!
Hulk Hogan was my favourite wrestler those days. I slacked many of my cloths trying to imitate his popular ring entrance style grin

Talk true, your pant get hole for under? cool

1 Like

Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by JOYCEOUS(f): 11:31am On Sep 13, 2013
I didn't really play rubber.

But I remember that the kid with the highest number of rubber is the boss.
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by Emmyk(m): 12:44pm On Sep 13, 2013
grin yes I did! Yes I did!! cheesy
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by UjSizzle(f): 1:10pm On Sep 13, 2013
xynerise: grin. I saw this somewhere and decided to share.

We used to do ''Actor & Boss'' those days and we can tear our calenders and note books to form bullets. I almost lost an eye when someone used an iron-like bullet to ''fire'' my left eye. Gone are the days when men were kids cool
Chai guy you too mush! I fire rubber die grin grin Police and Thief things na

1 Like

Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by UjSizzle(f): 1:12pm On Sep 13, 2013
jidegirl12: When I saw fired rubber, the Y shaped twig with rubber came to mind.

You're talking of catapult. This one doesn't hurt once you know how to shoot smiley
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by xynerise: 1:15pm On Sep 13, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Chai guy you too mush! I fire rubber die grin grin Police and Thief things na
Those days you never get front oranges na. grin. We fire anywhere
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by vivianc(f): 1:30pm On Sep 13, 2013
xynerise:
Hulk Hogan was my favourite wrestler those days. I slacked many of my cloths trying to imitate his popular ring entrance style grin

Talk true, your pant get hole for under? cool

Lmao grin I really did mess that name up. Well, i spelt it the way it sounds.

Well, in order to re-capture my childhood days, i'm gonna get my Hulk Hogan pant again, today. grin grin.

1 Like

Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by xynerise: 1:35pm On Sep 13, 2013
vivianc:

Lmao grin I really did mess that name up. Well, i spelt it the way it sounds.

Well, in order to re-capture my childhood days, i'm gonna get my Hulk Hogan pant again, today. grin grin.

grin grin. That was how we pronounced it those days. Honk Kogan grin. Up till now u never sabi am? You fall my hands o tongue
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by MrAboki: 3:58pm On Sep 13, 2013
My nickname was Aboki D'Sniper a.k.a Soge King I wonder if anybody would get the meaning|Origin of Soge King... With my trade mark 'Copper wire bullets'.. grin

I only stopped playing rubberband in SSS 1 when some Skinnies ambushed me and balsted the life out of me, injuring my eyes.. I had to be rushed to the hospital that day..

Upon my return, I retired and switched to playing 'nearest to the wall'..

Then Catapult.... grin

All I will say is that if every Boy child killed half as many Lizards with a catapult as I did, those things would be an endangered specie by now.. Killed so many lizrds that I learnt about a myth that says shooting a Lizard with a catapult cuts your catapult..

2 Likes

Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by Ejovwoke(m): 3:59pm On Sep 13, 2013
CONFIRMED, I REPRESENT WARRI. ANYBODY FROM DELTA PRECISELY FROM WARRI WHEN NOR PLAY THAT THING NOR BE ORIGINAL.........

1 Like

Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by Madamspeaker(f): 4:00pm On Sep 13, 2013
Hmmm.....doz good old days wen rubber bands were like great assets to us....
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 13, 2013
First to comment ...end time tins
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by fitzmayowa: 4:01pm On Sep 13, 2013
Gone are those days...
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by moscobabs(m): 4:09pm On Sep 13, 2013
Nairaland is becoming boring ooo,why dis kind thing on frontpage.what happen to my own topics that always touching?? I smell politic here!!!
Re: Did You Play Catapult With Rubber Band When You Were Young? by phayvoursky(m): 4:11pm On Sep 13, 2013
Which kind question be this na... U de learn how to ask question? angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Saudi Billionaire King Gives Daughter Pure Gold Toilet As Wedding Gift / For Only Ajebos: Please No Ajepaki Allowed! / Maclatunji Has To Be Stopped!! This Is Too Much!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.