Stats: 3,161,022 members, 7,845,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? (11533 Views)

“don’t Marry Outside RCCG, Don’t Marry A Jobless Man” – Pastor Adeboye / Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Idowuogbo(f): 6:37pm On Sep 15, 2013
gree-die:

who is bros? D IT dat... Nevermind!
they say you've bin away? They lied.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 15, 2013
gree-die:

me too... if e pass anambra, i no do. der r parts of anambra i don't do sef.

another tribe? hell no. and i ain't tribalistic.
Shoor!

Baby, me na IMO state ooh. Anyway, there are unfortunate anambrians in IMO state made possible by boundary adjustment and I am privilege to be one of those.

So, whichever way you look at it, you can't fault God's match-made.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 15, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Kai! Anoda one don reject bros o! Wikid! lipsrsealed angry cry
Just when I was about celebrating, you resurrected. Can't you remain motionless permanently to seal my joygrin
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 15, 2013
vivianc: No. I'm Igbo and I do strictly Igbos. Infact, there are parts of Igbo I don't do sef.
Ahn-Ahn! Is this some sort of sarcasm that is going over my head?..

@op: The question should be why can't one marry outside one's tribe.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by greedie1(f): 7:01pm On Sep 15, 2013
LastApostle:
Shoor!

Baby, me na IMO state ooh. Anyway, there are unfortunate anambrians in IMO state made possible by boundary adjustment and I am privilege to be one of those.

So, whichever way you look at it, you can't fault God's match-made.
its unfortunate, yes. but, you are now one of them grin grin grin

na joke i dey
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 15, 2013
gree-die:

its unfortunate, yes. but, you are now one of them grin grin grin

na joke i dey
What if I move my entire extended family into Anambra village permanently, will that increase my chance?
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Mynd44: 7:08pm On Sep 15, 2013
LastApostle:
What if I move my entire extended family into Anambra village permanently, will that increase my chance?
Dude don't be a suck up. Don't change your personality cos women love men that are strong.

She is a smart chick and knows what she wants so be you and do you. That is sure to catch her eye.

**pats his back**

PS: Break her heart and I will break every bone in your body
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Mynd44: 7:09pm On Sep 15, 2013
Wu Zetian:
Ahn-Ahn! Is this some sort of sarcasm that is going over my head?..

@op: The question should be why can't one marry outside one's tribe.
I completely agree with you.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 15, 2013
Mynd_44:
Dude don't be a suck up. Don't change your personality cos women love men that are strong.

She is a smart chick and knows what she wants so be you and do you. That is sure to catch her eye.

**pats his back**

PS: Break her heart and I will break every bone in your body
Emotional blackmail bullshitology 101.2

Of all, you settled for this elective yet sexkillz keep having re-sit on it.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Mynd44: 7:47pm On Sep 15, 2013
LastApostle:
Emotional blackmail bullshitology 101.2

Of all, you settled for this elective yet sexkillz keep having re-sit on it.
Consider fragmentation
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 15, 2013
Mynd_44:
I completely agree with you.
Before nko?? Like u have a choice? cool
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Mynd44: 7:53pm On Sep 15, 2013
Wu Zetian:
Before nko?? Like u have a choice? cool
You know I am never scared to follow my path if I think someone is typing bullcraptongue
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by ichidodo: 9:28pm On Sep 15, 2013
Any Imo indigene representing? Pm if you are a lady.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 15, 2013
I would have loved to. But I'm pretty sure my mummy won't let me (and I respect her decision not matter what) and my bride's family will probably also pick up a case. So I'd rather not complicate my relationship with too many 'odds'.

Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 15, 2013
ichidodo: Any Imo indigene representing? Pm if you are a lady.
Say you be who?

Your papa get OPL( down stream) block licence?

Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 15, 2013
speedyboi: I would have loved to. But I'm pretty sure my mummy won't let me (and I respect her decision not matter what) and my bride's family will probably also pick up a case. So I'd rather not complicate my relationship with too many 'odds'.

Who is searching for a wife to marry? You or your mother? I always feel sympathetic when I hear or read people posting as you did. If you marry your mother's choice of woman and things go sour, you will feel the consequences. If your mother is the caring kind, then she will bear guilt for years to come. Please rethink this.

Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by damilolaluv(f): 10:03pm On Sep 15, 2013
uj_sizzle: Can I? Yes
Will I? No
I feel the exact same way. Have never dated let alone Marry. Love my culture, language etc too much.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 15, 2013
Mynd_44:
You know I am never scared to follow my path if I think someone is typing bullcraptongue
Are you admitting to supporting bullcrap??! grin
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Mynd44: 10:24pm On Sep 15, 2013
Wu Zetian:
Are you admitting to supporting bullcrap??! grin
Stop eating too much groundnut. It is affecting your eyesighttongue
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 15, 2013
Mynd_44:
Stop eating too much groundnut. It is affecting your eyesighttongue
I have no other food to eat cry If you have a rich uncle, tell him I'm in need of a mugu.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Mynd44: 10:37pm On Sep 15, 2013
Wu Zetian:
I have no other food to eat cry If you have a rich uncle, tell him I'm in need of a mugu.
We are all broke ooooo. But you can have a little of my garri
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by vivianc(f): 11:05pm On Sep 15, 2013
ichidodo: Any Imo indigene representing? Pm if you are a lady.

Representing Imo here.............. But before I pm you..................... what's your net worth? pm me your audited financial statement cos i don't want any window dressing.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 15, 2013
ogugua88:

Who is searching for a wife to marry? You or your mother? I always feel sympathetic when I hear or read people posting as you did. If you marry your mother's choice of woman and things go sour, you will feel the consequences. If your mother is the caring kind, then she will bear guilt for years to come. Please rethink this.

Hey calm down.....you are living in fairytale! It only happens in movies
over the years I've learnt that a relationship with many odds often ends up being frustrated and destroyed. I just don't want a complex relationship, That's all. Note I also mentioned the girl's family as well.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 15, 2013
Calm down? Okay. undecided
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by homesteady(m): 11:59pm On Sep 15, 2013
Yes I can and I will!
I'm going to follow my father's footsteps! cheesy
Edo man marries Kaduna woman!

I'm going to marry a kaduna girl! They are just lovely and are one of the best breeds in Nigeria
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by tpia5: 12:07am On Sep 16, 2013
is there a prize for doing so?

or is the prize for opening thread.

Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 16, 2013
speedyboi: I would have loved to. But I'm pretty sure my mummy won't let me (and I respect her decision not matter what) and my bride's family will probably also pick up a case. So I'd rather not complicate my relationship with too many 'odds'.
I know many Nigerian parents are against their kids marrying outside their tribe and many people don't want to go against their parents' wishes, so I get where you're coming from. My ex broke up with his ex because she's from another tribe and his parents, especially his mom, holds certain notions about this particular tribe (which I do not want to get into). It is us, the children, who're perpetrating some of our parents' prejudices simply by keeping silent.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by tpia5: 12:34am On Sep 16, 2013
and why do people intentionally date tribes they know their parents wont approve of, then come back to complain?

if you make the decision, then face it squarely, one should assume you have counted the cost?
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 5:19am On Sep 16, 2013
I will marry outside my tribe grin
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by HezronLorraine(m): 5:28am On Sep 16, 2013
Of course.I'm dating outside my tribe already.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by ireneidiva(f): 6:23am On Sep 16, 2013
Can't marry someone from my ethnic group to begin with.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 16, 2013
speedyboi: Hey calm down.....you are living in fairytale! It only happens in movies
over the years I've learnt that a relationship with many odds often ends up being frustrated and destroyed. I just don't want a complex relationship, That's all. Note I also mentioned the girl's family as well.

Only in movies?

Boy u're clamped to dumb notions really and would live with regrets if you dont regress in time to make self thought up decision.

You can go on to tell us your parents also specify the kinda snacks u take, shoes u wear, songs u listen to etc - Just tell us at ur late twenty ur Parents' preferences are imposed on you.

Grasp a premonition when one calls.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

/ Will You Still Marry After Seeing This ( Pics Added ) / After Sucking Her Wet Kitty-Cat Dry, She Told Me This... (18+)