Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion (26809 Views)

Banker Warehouse Employment Test / Notification For Employment Test With Heritage Bank / P & G Employment Test Sample Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by idike: 11:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
The answer to that question is very simple. The interviewers were trying to test the knowledge of the interviewee based on the concept of ''SYNERGY''. In business organisation, it is expected that 1+1=3. It means the effect of two variables would have a profound influence than a variable that is isolated. This concept can be applied to elucidate the theory of division of labour, teamwork, separation of power, etc.

Please don't nail me, i am just learning.

1 Like

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by PStacks(m): 11:12pm On Sep 15, 2013
1 + 1 = 2.

Anything that is equal and added to itself gives you 2 of that same thing.

1 Like

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by Munzakah(m): 11:14pm On Sep 15, 2013
The interviewer just wanted know ur level of reasoning and the ability to come up with good suggestions as well as to handle a tough tasks in the course of ur work
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by steel5800(m): 11:16pm On Sep 15, 2013
Standing5: Good point from SilaV, if it was probability the answer would be 1 because probability of independent & certain events remains certainty A.K.A. 1
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by JimloveTM(m): 11:47pm On Sep 15, 2013
1+1=2 in denary
1+1=10 in binary
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by ifenadi(m): 11:56pm On Sep 15, 2013
It is not always right to rush into a question that seems so simple. It is always advisable to read the question severally within few seconds and think before you answer. A simply question generally should have a simple answer, don't try to be over smart.

When we look at the question again, it reads 1 +1 = ? . Justify your assertion (not assertions).

This simply tells you that you can only support a single answer and you must give a reason for your answer. You don't need to give them several answers under several conditions. Whatever answer you give, give smart reason and be precise about it.

This reminds me of a simple question pose to me by oga then, "how do you put an elephant in a fridge?"

1 Like

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by ifenadi(m): 11:58pm On Sep 15, 2013
JimloveTM: 1+1=2 in denary
1+1=10 in binary

What octal, hexadecimal, and so on?
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by mandon: 12:26am On Sep 16, 2013
In management theory which I guess the interviwer is refering to, 1+1=3. This is called the theory of SYNERGY. It implies that the result or output you get when the effort of two people are combined is larger than when the 2 pple work individually. It is on this principle dat biz organizations are formed as against one person doing the work.it is also the essense of TEAM WORK. Thanks.
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by Nobody: 3:07am On Sep 16, 2013
Here is the answer to the simple but complex question

If

1 = 1
+ = 2
1 = 1

Then

1 + 1 = 4

Q.E.D
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by Fabchuma(m): 3:25am On Sep 16, 2013
Well odikwa very risky, d question 2 much, bt it depends of d base wia d examina is comin 4rm smileyWell odikwa very risky, d question 2 much, bt it depends of d base wia d examina is comin 4rm
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by jitolala(m): 3:48am On Sep 16, 2013
What thy heckSo we don't have gurus who can prove that1+1=1 ?........Mathematical, 1+1=2 but when it comes to the work environment, 1+1=1.....Synergy. One team, One goal and one objective , PROFIT
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by rman: 5:09am On Sep 16, 2013
ifenadi: It is not always right to rush into a question that seems so simple. It is always advisable to read the question severally within few seconds and think before you answer. A simply question generally should have a simple answer, don't try to be over smart.

When we look at the question again, it reads 1 +1 = ? . Justify your assertion (not assertions).

This simply tells you that you can only support a single answer and you must give a reason for your answer. You don't need to give them several answers under several conditions. Whatever answer you give, give smart reason and be precise about it.

This reminds me of a simple question pose to me by oga then, "how do you put an elephant in a fridge?"

"How do you put an elephant in a fridge?" ,is not a simple question because I don't know the answer. Heck! I don't think I know the answer to 1+1 anymore.

Pls tell us how to put an elephant in the fridge.
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by ini4brandon(m): 5:36am On Sep 16, 2013
iamdjizzy: If u ask me I'll say 11 sha #dnt blame me, blame ASUU vs FG royal rumble
LECTURER; students, hold on to your answers for now..
till F.G meets our demands
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by ini4brandon(m): 5:38am On Sep 16, 2013
iamdjizzy: If u ask me I'll say 11 sha #dnt blame me, blame ASUU vs FG royal rumble
LECTURER; students, hold on to your answers for now..they are all correct
till F.G meets our demands **
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by gp66(m): 6:21am On Sep 16, 2013
As a team player in an organisation, 1+1=1. One vision, one mission, one goal and one targeted profit.

But on the other idea 1+1=3. In bizness we call this synergy. It is one of the reasons for merger and acquisition.

What it means is that u will achieve more result when u work togeda than when u work individually.

Thank you Mr. interviewer
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by otanaworld: 6:25am On Sep 16, 2013
1+1=2 arithemetic
1+1=5 synergy theory of systems
1+1+1=1 trinity
1+1=1 marriage
1+1 > 10000 spiritual wardare
1+1= uncountable....Nigeria politics counting machine
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by esorison(m): 6:39am On Sep 16, 2013
Hmmm! Imagine After bagging your ph.d these simple use of operators will make you miss a job
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by Crixina(f): 6:57am On Sep 16, 2013
Boss Ttdiamonds: 1 + 1 = 3
See Proof Below

Method one
1 = 1

41 – 40 = 61 – 60

16 + 25 – 40 = 36 + 25 – 60

4² + 5² – 2 * 4 * 5 = 6² + 5² – 2 * 6 * 5

(4 – 5)² = (6 – 5)²

4 – 5 = 6 – 5

4 = 6

2 = 3

1 + 1 = 3

Method two
put a+b = 0

so 1(a+b) = 0

1 = 0/(a+b)

0 = 1

adding 2 on both sides

0+2 = 1+2

2= 3

1+1 =3
Method three
Let x = y, then

x−y+y=y

x−y/x−y+y=y/x−y

We can then simplify as:

x−y/x−y+y/x−y=y/x−y

or

1+y/x−y=y/x−y

1=y/x−y−y/x−y

1=0

Now we know that x = y or 1 = 1 is true and that 1 = 0 or 0 = 1 is true, we pose:

0 = 1
1 = 1
1 = 1

Adding these three equations we get:

0 + 1 + 1 = 1 + 1 + 1

or

1 + 1 = 3
I just died grin
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by BabaO2: 7:00am On Sep 16, 2013
idike: The answer to that question is very simple. The interviewers were trying to test the knowledge of the interviewee based on the concept of ''SYNERGY''. In business organisation, it is expected that 1+1=3. It means the effect of two variables would have a profound influence than a variable that is isolated. This concept can be applied to elucidate the theory of division of labour, teamwork, separation of power, etc.

Please don't nail me, i am just learning.
Thank you jare.
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by andico34: 7:03am On Sep 16, 2013
this is the classic question asked in the western world for job interviews or openings for the position of an accountant or financial related jobs to check for street smartness. the correct answer to the question is a question what do you want 1+1 to be?
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by andico34: 7:09am On Sep 16, 2013
the source or link to the answer is online and has been quoted and discussed by robert kiyosaki. the applicant who gives the above reply is employed immediately
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by redcliff: 7:54am On Sep 16, 2013
SilaV: It depends on the perspective with which an individual wants to view the equation.For instance,if we were to look at it from mathematics angle,then the following conditions would apply:
(1) The number bases you are working with.If it were to be base ten,then the answer would be 2.However,if it were to be base two,the answer would be "10"(pronounced one-zero)
(2)The operation the cross symbol represents.That is,the concept of binary operation would be looked at.In binary operation,the cross or plus sign is not regarded as the "normal addition" operator.Any sign that comes in-between two numbers in binary operation is often expressed as "opertion".For example, 1+1 is read as "one operation one".Of course, in binary operation if the plus sign actually means addition,then one of the rule would apply;1+1= 1.
Again, if the equation is to be looked at from social perspective,then the institution of marriage would come to mind.In marriage: 1+1=1
Just my contribution.

No straight minded interviewer of examiner would approve ur crap explanation. If it was me, u'l never have that job. Rather, I would give it to the most humorous answer I get.
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by Madu2013(m): 7:55am On Sep 16, 2013
lyfe: According to my primary school teacher (-1 + 1) is impossible, but (1+1) one plus one

In Arithmetics 1+1 = 2
In bedmatics 1+ 1= 1
In business 1+1= 11 ......Ask Dangote.
In election rigging 1+1= 11,100 votes ....Ask PDP.

BAD MAN TINS!
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by fissie4temmie: 8:19am On Sep 16, 2013
The proof starts from the Peano Postulates, which define the natural
numbers N. N is the smallest set satisfying these postulates:

P1. 1 is in N.
P2. If x is in N, then its "successor" x' is in N.
P3. There is no x such that x' = 1.
P4. If x isn't 1, then there is a y in N such that y' = x.
P5. If S is a subset of N, 1 is in S, and the implication
(x in S => x' in S) holds, then S = N.

Then you have to define addition recursively:
Def: Let a and b be in N. If b = 1, then define a + b = a'
(using P1 and P2). If b isn't 1, then let c' = b, with c in N
(using P4), and define a + b = (a + c)'.

Then you have to define 2:
Def: 2 = 1'

2 is in N by P1, P2, and the definition of 2.

Theorem: 1 + 1 = 2

Proof: Use the first part of the definition of + with a = b = 1.
Then 1 + 1 = 1' = 2 Q.E.D.

Note: There is an alternate formulation of the Peano Postulates which
replaces 1 with 0 in P1, P3, P4, and P5. Then you have to change the
definition of addition to this:
Def: Let a and b be in N. If b = 0, then define a + b = a.
If b isn't 0, then let c' = b, with c in N, and define
a + b = (a + c)'.

You also have to define 1 = 0', and 2 = 1'. Then the proof of the
Theorem above is a little different:

Proof: Use the second part of the definition of + first:
1 + 1 = (1 + 0)'
Now use the first part of the definition of + on the sum in
parentheses: 1 + 1 = (1)' = 1' = 2 Q.E.D.

Thanks
Temmie
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by yetseyi(f): 8:24am On Sep 16, 2013
[quote
author=rman]

"How do you put an elephant in a fridge?" ,is not a simple question
because I don't know the answer.
Pls tell us how to put an elephant in the fridge. [/quote]
pls awse aw do u put an elephant in the fridge oo
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by yetseyi(f): 8:29am On Sep 16, 2013
I m learning here.
I once saw a brain teaser interview question on nairaland. I tried looking for d answer couldnt get it. Only for me 2 get 2 d final stage of an interview months later 2 be asked d same question first. I didnt get d question nd I didnt get d job
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by Captain001(m): 8:32am On Sep 16, 2013
Since this is a management test question I think one should eliminate mathematics from contention here and see the -1 as factors that negatively impact on the organisation both external and internal while viewing the +1 as positives in the organisation. In every organisation there is bound to be positives and negative. When these two come to play (-1+1) how are u able to resolve it and come up with a result that will benefit the organisation? I feel that is what they want you to analyse
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by oxyG: 8:34am On Sep 16, 2013
SilaV: It depends on the perspective with which an individual wants to view the equation.For instance,if we were to look at it from mathematics angle,then the following conditions would apply:
(1) The number bases you are working with.If it were to be base ten,then the answer would be 2.However,if it were to be base two,the answer would be "10"(pronounced one-zero)
(2)The operation the cross symbol represents.That is,the concept of binary operation would be looked at.In binary operation,the cross or plus sign is not regarded as the "normal addition" operator.Any sign that comes in-between two numbers in binary operation is often expressed as "opertion".For example, 1+1 is read as "one operation one".Of course, in binary operation if the plus sign actually means addition,then one of the rule would apply;1+1= 1.
Again, if the equation is to be looked at from social perspective,then the institution of marriage would come to mind.In marriage: 1+1=1
Just my contribution.

I gbadun you my guy!
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by deols(f): 8:43am On Sep 16, 2013
Just my contribution.

You would have gotten the job.

where were you?
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by fankidzei: 8:50am On Sep 16, 2013
lyfe: According to my primary school teacher (-1 + 1) is impossible, but (1+1) one plus one

In Arithmetics 1+1 = 2
In bedmatics 1+ 1= 1
In business 1+1= 11 ......Ask Dangote.
In election rigging 1+1= 11,100 votes ....Ask PDP.

lwkmhooooo!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by Truetalk(m): 8:52am On Sep 16, 2013
Please can someone give an answer...
yetseyi:
pls awse aw do u put an elephant in the fridge oo
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 16, 2013
Egba girl:

The question is: Negative 1 plus positive 1

Not

Positive 1 plus positive 1
Read again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) / What Is The Least Salary 4 The Nigeria Police Force. / Advice To Unemployed Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.