Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? - Literature (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? (126084 Views)

What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us / Love Reading, Right? Well, Check This Site Out! / What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by AsuraSorra: 10:56pm On Jan 20, 2015
Hey guys, I loved Eprint studios books as well, but if your bookshelf vanished, you may be able to get them back.

If you hook you phone up to your computer you should see an EBook Reader folder. If you click on it you will see three folders. Click the epb one and you will see all of your books in a coded format. Copy them to your computer (anywhere) and open the file. Click "contents" then the file(s) inside. Open it with some form of word processor such as wordpad or Microsoft word. You can then save your file as a document on your computer.

After I did that I put them through AVS which is a document converter and convertered then into epub. (This next part is optional) I then used an EPub Metadata Editor to assign it a cover them put it in my nook. It works perfectly cheesy

Also I an re-reading Teardrop by Lauren Kate. Page 15

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by nocad(f): 1:58pm On Jan 21, 2015
AsuraSorra:
Hey guys, I loved Eprint studios books as well, but if your bookshelf vanished, you may be able to get them back.

If you hook you phone up to your computer you should see an EBook Reader folder. If you click on it you will see three folders. Click the epb one and you will see all of your books in a coded format. Copy them to your computer (anywhere) and open the file. Click "contents" then the file(s) inside. Open it with some form of word processor such as wordpad or Microsoft word. You can then save your file as a document on your computer.

After I did that I put them through AVS which is a document converter and convertered then into epub. (This next part is optional) I then used an EPub Metadata Editor to assign it a cover them put it in my nook. It works perfectly cheesy

Also I an re-reading Teardrop by Lauren Kate. Page 15
hi,i tried this,but when i opened "contents" it was empty...does this mean all my 400 books are truly gone cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by AsuraSorra: 10:18pm On Jan 21, 2015
Probably... Sorry cry hopefully it'll come back up and you can get them back then do this. I really hire the app comes back
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 30, 2015
Currently reading sex and the city by candace bushnell..page 28
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by adexsimply(m): 5:02pm On Jan 30, 2015
Aspireahead:

i hate that novel like die, because of the way and manner it ended, with the mayor dieing shamelessly and without love.. I saw his daughter's husband as the villian, but the author thought differently.
I share the same sentiments with you..But the book was very interesting although what happened to Michael Henchard in the end was very tragic.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by An0nimus: 9:08pm On Jan 31, 2015
This thread has no quote button undecided
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Bawss1(m): 1:28pm On Mar 01, 2015
I'm reading Why Nations Fail by Daron Acemoglu & James Robinson. Currently on page 345. A brilliant work on the origins of power prosperity and poverty of nations. Simply brilliant.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by bknight: 12:19am On Mar 09, 2015
There was a country -Chinua Achebe
Page 231.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Bawss1(m): 6:01pm On Mar 11, 2015
Bold by Peter H. Diamandis and Steve Kotler.

Saw the book recommended on CNN's Fareed Zakaria's GPS. I've just started though and hope it is quite interesting.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by kay9(m): 12:53pm On Mar 12, 2015
Brandon Sanderson - Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, Book 2). Halfway through.

Hey, just had to share this.. Do u like fantasy? Enjoyed the Song of Ice and Fire series? Have a soft spot for Tolkien? Or did u grow your literary milk teeth on Sword of Shannara and Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time books? Well, guess what? smiley The good ol' days are back again!
The name is The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson (Stormlight Archive bk 1). Seriously, this is probably the best novel of its genre i've ever read. So...now u know. Oya, find it and read and tell others the good news! cheesy
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 1:59pm On Mar 12, 2015
kay9:
Brandon Sanderson - Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, Book 2). Halfway through.

Hey, just had to share this.. Do u like fantasy? Enjoyed the Song of Ice and Fire series? Have a soft spot for Tolkien? Or did u grow your literary milk teeth on Sword of Shannara and Robert Jordan's Wheel of Light books? Well, guess what? smiley The good ol' days are back again!
The name is The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson (Stormlight Archive bk 1). Seriously, this is probably the best novel of its genre i've ever read. So...now u know. Oya, find it and read and tell others the good news! cheesy
Fantasy is my favourite genre and have read all the aforementioned book.
I haven't started the stormlight series because Its going to be 10 books long.
Concerning whether its the greatest in this genre, try The king Killer Chronicles by Patrick rothfuss and see how fast you rethink that opinion.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 2:08pm On Mar 15, 2015
The Enemy by Tom Wood. Just got done with Convert One by Robert Ludlum.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 15, 2015
The world's greatest crimes of passion by tim healey..page 2 (I pray my work schedule allows me finish it soon).

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by kay9(m): 11:34am On Mar 16, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Concerning whether its the greatest in this genre, try The king Killer Chronicles by Patrick rothfuss and see how fast you rethink that opinion.

KingKiller Chronicles... mmm, ok I'll look it up. Finished Words of Radiance late Saturday.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by bukkylois(f): 3:36pm On Mar 16, 2015
Currently reading 'don't die on Wednesday' a Nigerian author wrote it and it is so good. I am on page 249.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 5:38pm On Mar 16, 2015
i have been downloading books from 1000+ free ebooks, but the site has not been working. who can help out please?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by An0nimus: 9:43pm On Mar 16, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
i have been downloading books from 1000+ free ebooks, the site has not been working. who can help out please?
That app has been taken down bro. Get an epub reader and download books you want from Google. Older titles are easier to get.

If you use an Android you can also download epubator from the app store for converting PDF to epub format. Then with your epub reader you're back on track.

Happy reading Chief.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by An0nimus: 9:50pm On Mar 16, 2015
Currently on

How Europe Underdeveloped Africa by Walter Rodney. Roughly 40% into the book.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 7:19am On Mar 17, 2015
An0nimus:

That app has been taken down bro. Get an epub reader and download books you want from Google. Older titles are easier to get.

If you use an Android you can also download epubator from the app store for converting PDF to epub format. Then with your epub reader you're back on track.

Happy reading Chief.
thanks so much sire cool

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by nervorum: 3:40pm On Mar 17, 2015
UNHOLY WAR by Randall Price..Im on page 199
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by LoveAmaka88(f): 2:32am On Mar 18, 2015
War and Peace, Book 6
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by moneyallowed(m): 5:07am On Mar 19, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Nice to meet lovers of fantasy! both series are great, but I'll wait for them to be completed before judging which is better. For now though, I'm leaning towards Stormlight archive.
Currently reading The First 15 Lives of Harry August, page 560. Good book this

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 6:18am On Mar 19, 2015
moneyallowed:

Nice to meet lovers of fantasy! both series are great, but I'll wait for them to be completed before judging which is better. For now though, I'm leaning towards Stormlight archive.
Currently reading The First 15 Lives of Harry August, page 560. Good book this

I can understand your choice,
Since you've read both.
Something about sanderson books I don't really enjoy obviously I have to make an exception for this book.
Currently reading Fear and loathing in the La Liga by sid lowe.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by moneyallowed(m): 6:29am On Mar 19, 2015
SIRcumalot:

I can understand your choice,
Since you've read both.
Something about sanderson books I don't really enjoy obviously I have to make an exception for this book.
Currently reading Fear and loathing in the La Liga by sid lowe.
The book you're currently on, is it fiction? Also, what is it about Sanderson you don't enjoy?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by RockMay: 8:08am On Mar 19, 2015
Reading INFERNO by Dan brown,,just started yesterday.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Aspireahead(m): 11:14am On Mar 19, 2015
An0nimus:
Currently on

How Europe Underdeveloped Africa by Walter Rodney. Roughly 40% into the book.
read that book and get enlightened. Read the wretched of the earth...if u can.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by An0nimus: 11:27am On Mar 19, 2015
Aspireahead:

read that book and get enlightened. Read the wretched of the earth...if u can.
Yeah it's pretty enlightening. Let me search for the other you suggested.

Edit: By Frantz Fanon yeah? I'll save it for later. Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Aspireahead(m): 11:55am On Mar 19, 2015
An0nimus:

Yeah it's pretty enlightening. Let me search for the other you suggested.

Edit: By Frantz Fanon yeah? I'll save it for later. Thanks
yes...and their is another by kwame Nkrumah....but do read those first and tell me what u tink.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 12:35pm On Mar 19, 2015
moneyallowed:

The book you're currently on, is it fiction? Also, what is it about Sanderson you don't enjoy?
Its about the rivalry between Madrid and Barcelona.
If you looking for a good read, try "Red Rising" and the sequel "golden Son" its the best book have read so far this year you'll recognize elements from popular YA books but trust me you won't be able to drop it. Check out the reviews for the book.
I thinks it has more to do with me, than Sanderson (he also doesn't use Curse words) seen as how popular he is with the Genre.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Bawss1(m): 2:57pm On Mar 19, 2015
Aspireahead & AnOnimus, you guys should check out this book too:
Bawss1:
I'm reading Why Nations Fail by Daron Acemoglu & James Robinson. Currently on page 345. A brilliant work on the origins of power prosperity and poverty of nations. Simply brilliant.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by moneyallowed(m): 3:05pm On Mar 19, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Its about the rivalry between Madrid and Barcelona.
If you looking for a good read, try "Red Rising" and the sequel "golden Son" its the best book have read so far this year you'll recognize elements from popular YA books but trust me you won't be able to drop it. Check out the reviews for the book.
I thinks it has more to do with me, than Sanderson (he also doesn't use Curse words) seen as how popular he is with the Genre.
Thanks. read both and loved them! Red rising especially. Didn't like how Golden Sun ended; left me heartbroken. seems we share a similar taste in books except for Sanderson lol. Have you read Providence of Fire by Brian Staveley? that's the best book I've read this year. the 1st book in the series was ok but this one was just wow

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Aspireahead(m): 3:15pm On Mar 19, 2015
Bawss1:
Aspireahead & AnOnimus, you guys should check out this book too:
is it paperback?. Thanks though

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (61) (Reply)

S€X Story : My Lovely Houseboy Episode 1 To 10 / The Godmother / Despite All Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.