Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible (5934 Views)

Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all / Fashola Visits Site Of Collapsed Synagogue Church as Death Toll Hits 44 (PHOTOS) / Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by SalC: 6:16pm On Sep 16, 2013
Mescopaul: But it seems that it doesnt favor them, cos we've heard so many stories, it would have been better if they had taken Paul's advice.
Lacum has already given you my response. Celibacy is no the cause.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by SalC: 6:23pm On Sep 16, 2013
lacum:
we have also heard stories about some maried pastors who lost after their female members and even males and children. so in this case, are u suggesting that their churches were wrong for sticking to one man one wife or should they also provide them with male wives?
I haven't been seeing around lately hope you are fine.
And thanks for the response.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by RoyalRoy(m): 11:53pm On Sep 16, 2013
lacum:
we have also heard stories about some maried pastors who lost after their female members and even males and children. so in this case, are u suggesting that their churches were wrong for sticking to one man one wife or should they also provide them with male wives?

Very nice analogy!!

This summarises all the discussion.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by Mescopaul(m): 2:05am On Sep 19, 2013
lacum:
We know that stems up from unholiness, females immoral dressing, lust and so on, but for Rev Fathers, its to satisfy their craving for what God has ordained from the foundation of the world. Sin is in the world, so those married pastors that lust after othe women is just part of the sin and fall of man. But in the other case of the Rev Fathers we would not address it as "he has fallen into sin" because it was something that was delibrately carried out as a result of misconception of the bible.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by Mescopaul(m): 2:07am On Sep 19, 2013
Royal Roy:

Very nice analogy!!

This should summaries all this discussion.
undecided I doubt
Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by Mescopaul(m): 2:08am On Sep 19, 2013
Sal C: Lacum has already given you my response. Celibacy is no the cause.
Think u should check out my response to Lacum
Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by SalC: 8:27am On Sep 19, 2013
Mescopaul: Think u should check out my response to Lacum
Are you deliberately displaying this double standard?. Are you telling me it's impossible for one to decide and live a celibate life? The last time I checked nobody was forced into priesthood. And they very well know the rules before joining. Both the pastor who commited adultery and priest who did not keep to his vow of celibacy simply decided to do what they know is wrong.

Again can you tell me what you meant by misconception of the bible?
Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by Mescopaul(m): 9:10am On Sep 19, 2013
Sal C: Are you deliberately displaying this double standard?. Are you telling me it's impossible for one to decide and live a celibate life? The last time I checked nobody was forced into priesthood. And they very well know the rules before joining. Both the pastor who commited adultery and priest who did not keep to his vow of celibacy simply decided to do what they know is wrong.

Again can you tell me what you meant by misconception of the bible?
Bible never said it should be made a rule anywhere that men shouldn't marry. For this denomination to take up that standard was a misconception of what Paul said about marriage. He was saying that its better to remain unmarried not that any should make it a standard, that was why he also said that if the person cannot bear it , its better to marry than commit fornication. Leave the married fallen pastors for God to judge, but why should a religion cage its pastors all in the name of celibacy? If they truly want to practice it then they should stay away from fornication. Who are they deceiving? Shallom!
Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by RoyalRoy(m): 9:16am On Sep 19, 2013
Mescopaul: undecided I doubt

Funny how you are the judge & the jury in your own case.

Since you have concluded on your point of view already, then why open the thread?
Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by Mescopaul(m): 9:23am On Sep 19, 2013
Royal Roy:

Funny how you are the judge & the jury in your own case.

Since you have concluded on your point of view already, then why open the thread?
Until certain facts are totally cleared and reality assumed afresh the thread stil holds its worth.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by SalC: 11:08am On Sep 19, 2013
Mescopaul: Bible never said it should be made a rule anywhere that men shouldn't marry. For this denomination to take up that standard was a misconception of what Paul said about marriage. He was saying that its better to remain unmarried not that any should make it a standard, that was why he also said that if the person cannot bear it , its better to marry than commit fornication. Leave the married fallen pastors for God to judge, but why should a religion cage its pastors all in the name of celibacy? If they truly want to practice it then they should stay away from fornication. Who are they deceiving? Shallom!
I should leave fallen pastors for God to judge? I never judged anyone rather you are the one trying to judge.

Paul's massage was clear" he who marries does well but he who did not, does even better" but mind you I never quoted paul before now, instead I quoted the words of christ himself.

Again celibacy was not imposed on anybody, instead people choose celibacy by choosing the priesthood. I still maintain that nobody was forced into priesthood.

Its not for everyone but only for those who are willing.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by Mescopaul(m): 3:03pm On Sep 19, 2013
Sal C: I should leave fallen pastors for God to judge? I never judged anyone rather you are the one trying to judge.

Paul's massage was clear" he who marries does well but he who did not, does even better" but mind you I never quoted paul before now, instead I quoted the words of christ himself.

Again celibacy was not imposed on anybody, instead people choose celibacy by choosing the priesthood. I still maintain that nobody was forced into priesthood.

Its not for everyone but only for those who are willing.
Its true that noone was forced but making it a standard was never initiated by Christ or anyone, hence it has acted like a cage for those whose primary purpose was celibacy but was forced by nature and since it's a no going back process it has led to sin unto them. Any religion or denomination that cages its pastors or members and make them prone to sin is not acceptable to God. The bible said that whosoever that will cause these little ones to stumble is not fit for the kingdom. Priesthood though not a must has acted like a cage to those involved , .
Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by RoyalRoy(m): 5:16pm On Sep 19, 2013
Mescopaul: Its true that noone was forced but making it a standard was never initiated by Christ or anyone, hence it has acted like a cage for those whose primary purpose was celibacy but was forced by nature and since it's a no going back process it has led to sin unto them. Any religion or denomination that cages its pastors or members and make them prone to sin is not acceptable to God.
The bible said that whosoever that will cause these little ones to stumble is not fit for the kingdom. Priesthood though not a must has acted like a cage to those involved , .

I don't think you have been made a judge unto a man have you?

Celibacy is a standard only for those who are willing.

The priesthood is not a family chieftaincy title that people MUST fill the space.

Its for those who are willing.

You speak as if they kidnap people & force them to be celibate.

You are not being objective with your arguments & assumptions.

Quit this your I know it all attitude, it only leads to ignorance in the end.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by SalC: 10:49pm On Sep 19, 2013
Mescopaul: Its true that noone was forced but making it a standard was never initiated by Christ or anyone, hence it has acted like a cage for those whose primary purpose was celibacy but was forced by nature and since it's a no going back process it has led to sin unto them. Any religion or denomination that cages its pastors or members and make them prone to sin is not acceptable to God. The bible said that whosoever that will cause these little ones to stumble is not fit for the kingdom. Priesthood though not a must has acted like a cage to those involved , .
Am not good at repeating myself to someone who continue to run round thesame circle. They are many capacities or areas where people can serve God not just the priesthood. Why would you intentionally take a vow when you are not ready to keep to it?

We all know that school is place of learning and once you enter, you are expected to study hard. But you are making it look like it is right for one to go to school when he is not ready to study.
If you are not ready to study, don't waste your time going to school. In thesame way, if you don't want to be celibate, don't join the priesthood.

The blame shouldn't go to the system but to the person who broke his vow.

2 Likes

Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by lacum: 10:55pm On Sep 19, 2013
Sal C: I haven't been seeing around lately hope you are fine.
And thanks for the response.
my guy am fine just dat i only post when i c comments dat irritate me so much. apart from dat, i just read and laugh
Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by SalC: 11:02pm On Sep 19, 2013
lacum:
my guy am fine just dat i only post when i c comments dat irritate me so much. apart from dat, i just read and laugh
I see. *greetings*
Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by lacum: 11:05pm On Sep 19, 2013
Mescopaul: We know that stems up from unholiness, females immoral dressing, lust and so on, but for Rev Fathers, its to satisfy their craving for what God has ordained from the foundation of the world. Sin is in the world, so those married pastors that lust after othe women is just part of the sin and fall of man. But in the other case of the Rev Fathers we would not address it as "he has fallen into sin" because it was something that was delibrately carried out as a result of misconception of the bible.
so u think dis makes sense ?
if u were God, who will u punish more? is it d pastors dat have to themselvs all d beautifull women to marry and stil lust at oda women outside or the priests that have non but decide to do it because of lust?
rememba, d two of them did it due to lust of the flesh
Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by Mescopaul(m): 12:57am On Sep 20, 2013
Royal Roy:

I don't think you have been made a judge unto a man have you?

Celibacy is a standard only for those who are willing.

The priesthood is not a family chieftaincy title that people MUST fill the space.

Its for those who are willing.

You speak as if they kidnap people & force them to be celibate.

You are not being objective with your arguments & assumptions.

Quit this your I know it all attitude, it only leads to ignorance in the end.
Thanks dude! Maybe undecided
Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by Mescopaul(m): 1:03am On Sep 20, 2013
Sal C: Am not good at repeating myself to someone who continue to run round thesame circle. They are many capacities or areas where people can serve God not just the priesthood. Why would you intentionally take a vow when you are not ready to keep to it?

We all know that school is place of learning and once you enter, you are expected to study hard. But you are making it look like it is right for one to go to school when he is not ready to study.
If you are not ready to study, don't waste your time going to school. In thesame way, if you don't want to be celibate, don't join the priesthood.

The blame shouldn't go to the system but to the person who broke his vow.
To this effect it seems the system has lost its value and is good for nothing but to be cast down and throdden under feet.

Its not fit to be a system if its standards are difficult for its members to carry out.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by Mescopaul(m): 1:08am On Sep 20, 2013
lacum:
so u think dis makes sense ?
if u were God, who will u punish more? is it d pastors dat have to themselvs all d beautifull women to marry and stil lust at oda women outside or the priests that have non but decide to do it because of lust?
rememba, d two of them did it due to lust of the flesh
On the basis of the standard of their denomination they broke the law, which maybe seemed difficult to obey, if the standard would still broken by those that are suppose to keep it why not dissolve it, ...
Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by Mescopaul(m): 1:10am On Sep 20, 2013
lacum:
angry >:-( >:-(
Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by SalC: 2:31am On Sep 20, 2013
Mescopaul: To this effect it seems the system has lost its value and is good for nothing but to be cast down and throdden under feet.

Its not fit to be a system if its standards are difficult for its members to carry out.
Stealing is a sin according to the scriptures yet many christians steal in one way or the other. Should we scrap off the commandment "thou shall not steal" because it is difficult for some people to keep?

Personally it doesn't make much difference to me weather celibacy is scraped off or retained but few people not being able to maintain a standard shouldn't be the reason why such standard should be compromised or such rules scrapped off.

1 Like

Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 5:28am On Sep 20, 2013
No matter what you do, you are incapable of hoodwinking nature. Nature dictates that MAN MUST HAVE SEX, and anybody that tries to go contrary to the formula by pretending celibacy is only deceiving himself.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by lacum: 6:36am On Sep 20, 2013
Sal C: Stealing is a sin according to the scriptures yet many christians steal in one way or the other. Should we scrap off the commandment "thou shall not steal" because it is difficult for some people to keep?

Personally it doesn't make much difference to me weather celibacy is scraped off or retained but few people not being able to maintain a standard shouldn't be the reason why such standard should be compromised or such rules scrapped off.
exactly whats on my mind. thanks
Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by SalC: 6:38am On Sep 20, 2013
Ray McBlue: No matter what you do, you are incapable of hoodwinking nature. Nature dictates that MAN MUST HAVE SEX, and anybody that tries to go contrary to the formula by pretending celibacy is only deceiving himself.
You can't be serious.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by lacum: 6:40am On Sep 20, 2013
Sal C: Stealing is a sin according to the scriptures yet many christians steal in one way or the other. Should we scrap off the commandment "thou shall not steal" because it is difficult for some people to keep?

nice one
Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by SalC: 6:41am On Sep 20, 2013
lacum:
exactly whats on my mind. thanks
Thanks and a fine morning to you.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by lacum: 6:41am On Sep 20, 2013
Ray McBlue: No matter what you do, you are incapable of hoodwinking nature. Nature dictates that MAN MUST HAVE SEX, and anybody that tries to go contrary to the formula by pretending celibacy is only deceiving himself.
hope ur a human being
Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 6:47am On Sep 20, 2013
Sal C: You can't be serious.

What do you mean?

There is a primal need for man to fornicate. It's not only exclusive to homo sapiens but to all the animal kingdom in general. Trying to suppress the urge is practically impossible.

All those Roman Catholic Padres pretending celibacy are secret and habitual masturbators, no offense.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 6:50am On Sep 20, 2013
lacum: hope ur a human being

I'm a realist.

1 Like

Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by SalC: 6:56am On Sep 20, 2013
Ray McBlue:

What do you mean?

There is a primal need for man to fornicate. It's not only exclusive to homo sapiens but to all the animal kingdom in general. Trying to suppress the urge is practically impossible.

All those Roman Catholic Padres pretending celibacy are secret and habitual masturbators, no offense.
I hardly take offence when people air their view on issue even if I don't agree with their views.

Are you a catholic priest or were you once one to warrant you making such ^ comment?.

I also know it is difficult to convince a s*exmaniac that its possible to be celibate.
Perhaps you are writing from just your experience.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 7:02am On Sep 20, 2013
I don't expect you to agree or even initiate any reasonable argument on the matter. You struck me as a kid and you post like one too, no offense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

In Africa Alone Every Day 16,000 Muslims Leave Islam: Ahmad Al Qataani / Who Can Explain This Verse - Proverbs 17:8 ? / D Ultimate Picture Thread Of Religious Section: Say It Here Wit Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.