Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,294 members, 7,839,440 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers (20139 Views)

2.6Million Internet Subscribers Dump MTN / Glo BUMPA Most Rewarding Prepaid Plan From Glo But Most Expensive Tariff Plan / 12k/sec Flat Rate On New Glo Bounce Prepaid Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 14, 2013
Pathetic......
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by roxell120(m): 11:12am On Sep 14, 2013
big time. im their prey.they ve really milked me dry without commensurate service. there is a seat I can crappily browse while sitting on it in my room but if I stand up,uuush, the service is gone. maybe that seat has sth dat does the magic. that line I find it difficult to discard. everything in naija is the same.poor service all the way.NCNC is just like a dog without teeth.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by Morgan1092(m): 11:32am On Sep 14, 2013
For internet services dia re only MTN , ETISALAT n Others
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by Youngpo413: 11:36am On Sep 14, 2013
I love globacom.

2 Likes

Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by huseinhad(m): 11:38am On Sep 14, 2013
R2bees1: una dey hear dey complain.. I dey browse and download free since june with my glo.. The speed na bam!.. Hahaha Glo 3g rules.. UNLIMITED.. HAHAHA
how do you get to do that please put me through so that i can enjoy with you too
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by Toktee(m): 11:44am On Sep 14, 2013
fitzmayowa: This an opportunity for you to port to MTN...MTN everywhere you go
Look at your mouth,mtn is the worst when they give you 10mb through out the period you will not have stable internet untill the mb xpired,so what is the difference?
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by androidFather: 11:44am On Sep 14, 2013
baynix: [size=16]Indigenous Thieves!! undecided

Airtel All The Way!![/size]

airtel too slow abeg angry angry
airtel can't open yahoo sad sad
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by tunmmyunited(m): 11:44am On Sep 14, 2013
All is well.... Next topic pls
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by newman10(m): 11:44am On Sep 14, 2013
I just need glo to explain why their 30mb on bounce is not more than 7mb in the real sense
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by Kizyte(m): 11:55am On Sep 14, 2013
That's true cos my Glo Always Min 4GB 1month data subscription now get exhausted quicker than I expected, unlike before.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 14, 2013
The worst thing is that Mike Adenuga and his babies running the company are Nigerians, and their service is so useless and darn expensive. Imagine, N500 for 150mb for just 24 hours. Habah! I long toss my two useless glo netpro and the other rubbish I bought last year. Glo is a useless company that's got its priority upside down. Focus on your service and customers, not celebrities!

1 Like

Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by bgcl(m): 11:59am On Sep 14, 2013
GLO ALL THE WAY......4 ME Glo is still the best....some people don't know different between Prepaid and postpaid ....you're on SOS call the customer center

1 Like

Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by 1wolex85: 12:02pm On Sep 14, 2013
luluosas: Glo Is Really Cheating Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers Big Time.
Can you image that, the Glo Instant Surf Internet plan being sold at N100 to prepaid customers is less than N100 for postpaid customers? In fact, they charged me N95.24k for the same 13MB data volume yesterday. This network (Glo) is truly taking us (their prepaid customers) for a ride.
See the message I received from 51010 after subscribing to the Instant Surf data plan yesterday with my official Glo CUG postpaid line.
for the prepaid VAT is already included but for the postpaid you only see the VAT when your bill is sent to you at the end of the month, so it probably is the same thing.

3 Likes

Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 14, 2013
agabaI23: I use glo and works for me. The only problem I have with their data is stability and that also depends on location.

Last week when their data slept off and I needed to sort things out, I had to get etisalat line. I discovered that they have 3G coverage in my office and I opted to use Etisalat in my office. Then I discovered that Etisalat call rate ia nothing to compare to Glo's bounce plan.

With bounce, you pay N7.2 for calls to every network and N3 for anybody on bounce. Cost saving really!
There data plan when it is working is very good too.

4G at N5K while etisalat's 3G is N6,500
7.5G at N8K while etisalat 6G is N8K
ETC

I don't work for glo but I have enjoyed their product. They can be frustrating at times. Which Network is not?

I had same issue some time ago. I called 121 and didn't satisfactory response. I called 171 that charge N20 flat, I got my refund.
Try 171!!!!!!!!!

Thanks #Just got to know about this specific number from you #171 #VIP
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by Kizyte(m): 12:09pm On Sep 14, 2013
bgcl: GLO ALL THE WAY......4 ME Glo is still the best....some people don't know different between Prepaid and postpaid ....you're on SOS call the customer center
You no sabi anything. I'm telling you that Glo now speeds up the rate in which their data is consumed and you're here saying rubbish.
My hard-earned 5K for 4GB/1month just got wasted in less than 19 days without any heavy downloads and with my Windows Update turned off.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 14, 2013
To think that I actually waited several years for this network hurts. I made that choice out of patriotism. Many years after I had to change to another network.
I switched to GLO BIS last month,and am regretting it everyday. I can't wait for it to expire. Thank God I have universal modem I use to access the net. All GLO is good @ is to squander money on those Ambassadors we know don't even use the network.

1 Like

Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by KhayodeOlajide(m): 12:28pm On Sep 14, 2013
skyface00: Not only Glo,dis ppl cheating nigerians ,etisalat give free calls during weeks in other countries in the world but nothing of such here in nigeria,our leaders don't see anytin wrong in that since its as nothing 2 do with oil and gas...wats a confused leaders with shadow brain
shocked
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by crackjoor: 12:41pm On Sep 14, 2013
agabaI23: I use glo and works for me. The only problem I have with their data is stability and that also depends on location.

Last week when their data slept off and I needed to sort things out, I had to get etisalat line. I discovered that they have 3G coverage in my office and I opted to use Etisalat in my office. Then I discovered that Etisalat call rate ia nothing to compare to Glo's bounce plan.

With bounce, you pay N7.2 for calls to every network and N3 for anybody on bounce. Cost saving really!
There data plan when it is working is very good too.

4G at N5K while etisalat's 3G is N6,500
7.5G at N8K while etisalat 6G is N8K
ETC

I don't work for glo but I have enjoyed their product. They can be frustrating at times. Which Network is not?

I had same issue some time ago. I called 121 and didn't satisfactory response. I called 171 that charge N20 flat, I got my refund.
Try 171!!!!!!!!!

Hello?... I get 4gb for 1500 on airtel... So, do the maths and see for urself

1 Like

Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by JideTheBlogger(m): 12:50pm On Sep 14, 2013
obailala:

Am I getting something wrong here?.. Please how is this suppose to be cheating??

All over the world, Prepaid customers pay more than Postpaid customers and this is not just in the telecommunications industry.

I tire ooo. Help me tell them ooo
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by frechy(m): 12:55pm On Sep 14, 2013
I think the 30 mb is the worst End Time Thinz Glo has ever come up with
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by JideTheBlogger(m): 12:56pm On Sep 14, 2013
1wolex85:
for the prepaid VAT is already included but for the postpaid you only see the VAT when your bill is sent to you at the end of the month, so it probably is the same thing.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by omenpetrol: 12:59pm On Sep 14, 2013
30mb What's that. I would finish that in 2 minutes. Get a blackberry. You would get 3 gigabyte all the way for 1000naira. Glo all they way. Now that's cost effective.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by Willgates(m): 1:06pm On Sep 14, 2013
just when I was planning to port to Glo
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 14, 2013
omenpetrol: 30mb What's that. I would finish that in 2 minutes. Get a blackberry. You would get 3 gigabyte all the way for 1000naira. Glo all they way. Now that's cost effective.

GLO have their shortcomings but others have theirs too.

One just has to compare all the networks and decide which to join.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by Youngtekkey(m): 1:30pm On Sep 14, 2013
that somethings don't work out for u does nt mean that such network is not good i use glo bis of 1000 on my android and is working i have even use 2.1gb out of it suprisely i just got a message that they have given me 50mb free of charge and i hardly load recharge on the sim even the airtel that i love very much and i taught was the fastest is nothing compare to glo speed in my environment and the mb is not deducting heavily it lasts
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 14, 2013
Even mtn r doing same jt recharge 100 dy gv me 10 bt after 3day of jt browsin fb nd nairaland wat remain was #25...hmm i cnt stop 2 imagin wat really happen lst wk i used sm 10 4 d whole wk bt dis i cnt blive it. after tkn d 10mb nd also tempered wit my 1H...Al network operators are theives jt knw dy cm 2 a corrupt nation.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 1:58pm On Sep 14, 2013
blueheart: I gave up on Glo since android pc browsing was blocked. Itz there way, short-changing customers undecided
That was the time of this thread www.nairaland.com/1140414/glo-blackberry-plans-phones-other and to be honest, it was my BEST time ever with Globacom Internet subscription and since they've refused to reopen again, I promised them never again will I subscribe to their yeye and miserable data volume.
What happened yesterday that I subscribed to the Glo Instant surf data plan, was because somebody posted another Droidvpn from umnet.net, which scattered my Droidvpn on my MTN BIS subscription on my Android phone.
Therefore, I have to buy another data plan to enable me reinstall the Droidvpn from the Play Store.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by omenpetrol: 2:02pm On Sep 14, 2013
ehizo25:

It's 1400naira and not 1000naira. GLO have their shortcomings but others have theirs too.

One just has to compare all the networks and decide which to join.

My Glo bolt modem is honestly nothing to write home about. It. Automatically disconnects after some minutes and when you try reconnecting it, it doesn't readily connect.
GLO BIS plan had some issues yesterday and the day before. For hours it refused to connect but it's okay now.

Like I said, all networks have their issues every now and then. For now, glo BIS seems to be best for heavy data users.
. Please always stay updated. Please. Its my advice

Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 2:09pm On Sep 14, 2013
ifedayogal: So glo is stil in existence......mawnin to u all
Don't be ridiculous. The fact that GLO have refused their BIS Internet subscription on Android, iOS, Windows, Java and other platform does not make GLO to become non existent. Thank you.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 2:16pm On Sep 14, 2013
Tee197: :oSo people still de use glo line
Na wah for you sef. If you no dey use GLO, does that mean say other people no dey use am?
Anyway my friend, I dey call all network Nigeria for 12k/sec (N7.20/min) on the GLO network. How you come see this one?
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by kennedyugo: 2:18pm On Sep 14, 2013
Why people hate Glo? They're trying abeg. They have good 3G coverage and good plans. The only thing I want them have is night internet plan! @2500

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Stop GLO And AIRTEL Auto-borrow Me Credit Service / 10 Disadvantages Of Smart Phone Addiction / Introducing The Mtn Beta Talk Tarrif Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.