Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,045 members, 7,838,633 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers (20137 Views)

2.6Million Internet Subscribers Dump MTN / Glo BUMPA Most Rewarding Prepaid Plan From Glo But Most Expensive Tariff Plan / 12k/sec Flat Rate On New Glo Bounce Prepaid Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by bigtt76(f): 10:10am On Sep 15, 2013
You can chat them on their website for on issue
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by Hero10001: 11:18am On Sep 15, 2013
tunde1200:

I feel your pain sorry, but even that airtel you choose becareful they are not that reliable asper deduction of money from your account they smart and wise in that.
I will prefare MTN for you.
Thanks you're right.
Airtel charges N100 per 1MB, if your subscription is exhausted.
AIRTEL gives NO Mercy to ignorant users.

I got 4GB for 2 months for only N1500.
If you'r not on Airtel, your sitting on a long thing.
AIRTEL ALL THE WAY!.

As for the sucker (GLO) i'm taking them to other media now.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by Hero10001: 11:19am On Sep 15, 2013
tunde1200:

I feel your pain sorry, but even that airtel you choose becareful they are not that reliable asper deduction of money from your account they smart and wise in that.
I will prefare MTN for you.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by Hero10001: 11:37am On Sep 15, 2013
luluosas:
Very sorry for the bitter experience you are having using your GLO BIS Internet subscription. But, the fact that the service is not running now means your BIS subscription isn't activated yet.
Please, text Status to 777 and see what the reply would be.
However, calling people to boycott GLO network even without testing their service yet for a second is not too fair. Thank you.
I have Texted STATUS to 777 die,
It's still not Activated since friday!!!

As for the Boycott, i'm saying the gadderm truth!
I don't want more people to fall for this.
You need to see the manner their custommer reps attend to issues!!
GLO is s.hit

Imagine this, i called the call centre, after "30 minutes'' a guy responded speaking Igbo!!..!!, i said; English pls then he said i should press 1 after pressing 1, it went for another 40min before a rude lady's voice answered!
She said; all she could say was "don't worry we'r are working on it" .

AIRTEL and MTN care centres don't behave this way.
They are there to get you an instant solution.

Let them activate the service i subscribed for or Simply return My N1000.
Shikena.

My number again is;
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by begwong: 1:09pm On Sep 15, 2013
tonasibe:
Yup......even their 30MB na scam.......I'll soon port self
Infact,i just login to my asha 200 thru opera,modified d settins not to load pictures to economise my usage. I refreshd to login to my daily tonic site NL and d 30mb don finish!
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by deloon(m): 1:53pm On Sep 15, 2013
@OP. I don't understand why you expect prepaid customers to be on similar tariff plans as postpaid customers.
What's the need of being on a postpaid plan then?
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 2:30pm On Sep 15, 2013
Hero10001:

GLO is s.hit

Imagine this, i called the call centre, after "30 minutes'' a guy responded speaking Igbo!!..!!, i said; English pls then he said i should press 1 after pressing 1, it went for another 40min before a rude lady's voice answered!

Shikena.

My number again is;
Honestly, GLO customer care service is one of the worse, if not the worst in Nigeria today. See this thread I created as a result their unending system maintenance bla bla bla. www.nairaland.com/1394237/when-glo-mobile-ever-complete
Please, use all available space to you to reach them so that they would activate your service including emailing blackberry.techsupport@gloworld.com
Thank you.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by enyi1: 2:30pm On Sep 15, 2013
crackjoor:

Hello?... I get 4gb for 1500 on airtel... So, do the maths and see for urself

LIAR!!!
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 2:37pm On Sep 15, 2013
deloon: @OP. I don't understand why you expect prepaid customers to be on similar tariff plans as postpaid customers.
What's the need of being on a postpaid plan then?
My friend, do you know how the same GLO is charging me on calls my postpaid line? I make calls at 12k/sec (N7.20/min) to all networks in Nigeria.
But, GLO is billing me N12/min for GLO calls and N22/min to other network. So, where is the sense of the line being a postpaid line? Abeg, GLO should stop their wayo jare.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 2:48pm On Sep 15, 2013
begwong: Infact,i just login to my asha 200 thru opera,modified d settins not to load pictures to economise my usage. I refreshd to login to my daily tonic site NL and d 30mb don finish!
Do you know what I experienced this morning with the 2MB that was left on my Instant Surf subscribed Internet plan?
I used the 2MB for a whole 30 minutes, replied 2 two post here, visited over 10 threads, opened over 5 pages on Facebook while deliberately opening picture links, including the synching of my emails (4 Gmail and 1 Yahoo). In fact, if not for the fact that the subscription expired by time, maybe I would have used the 2MB for over 1 hour.
Therefore, GLO should better the abnormalities on the GLO Bounce bonus data volume and others immediately. Thank you.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by gidigbi(m): 2:49pm On Sep 15, 2013
luluosas: Glo Is Really Cheating Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers Big Time.
Can you imagine that, the Glo Instant Surf Internet plan being sold at N100 to prepaid customers is less than N100 for postpaid customers? In fact, they charged me N95.24k for the same 13MB data volume yesterday. This network (Glo) is truly taking us (their prepaid customers) for a ride.
See the message I received from 51010 after subscribing to the Instant Surf data plan yesterday with my official Glo CUG postpaid line.

The N95:24 you were billed is less value added tax (VAT), by the time this (VAT) is factored in, your bill will arrive at N100.

The prepaid customers have VAT included already at the point of subscription. @OP, you can write to corporatecare@gloworld.com stating your phone and you will get more clarification within 24 hours.

For prepaid customers, I'll advice you write to customercare@gloworld.com if there's no resolution to your complaint after calling 121 which is the prepaid helpline.

For blackberry customers, I am very sure that a refund will be processed if after 72 hours your bb service is not activated. Call 333 for assistance ( will confirm and send the email address later).
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by gidigbi(m): 2:57pm On Sep 15, 2013
luluosas:
My friend, do you know how the same GLO is charging me on calls my postpaid line? I make calls at 12k/sec (N7.20/min) to all networks in Nigeria.
But, GLO is billing me N12/min for GLO calls and N22/min to other network. So, where is the sense of the line being a postpaid line? Abeg, GLO should stop their wayo jare.

I'll advise you write to the e-mail address I earlier gave for postpaid customers stating your phone number, then request that you are given a list of other postpaid plans you can migrate to with there attendant tariff structure. Once you get a response, then you can go ahead and give a go ahead for migration to the postpaid plan you prefer. Though, will like to give you heads up, your line will be inactive while migration is being effected.

Cheers.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by gidigbi(m): 3:03pm On Sep 15, 2013
Hero10001:

GLO is s.hit

Imagine this, i called the call centre, after "30 minutes'' a guy responded speaking Igbo!!..!!, ;Di said; English pls then he said i should press 1 after pressing 1, it went for another 40min before a rude lady's voice answered!

Shikena.

My number again is;

I can relate to you being attended to rudely, IMO it cuts across all the telcos....next time ask that your call be transferred to a team lead or the shift supervisor....believe me, everything from that point will sort itself out unbelievably....

grin
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 3:09pm On Sep 15, 2013
gidigbi:

I'll advise you write to the e-mail address I earlier gave for postpaid customers stating your phone number, then request that you are given a list of other postpaid plans you can migrate to with there attendant tariff structure. Once you get a response, then you can go ahead and give a go ahead for migration to the postpaid plan you prefer. Though, will like to give you heads up, your line will be inactive while migration is being effected.

Cheers.
Thanks for your inputs but, my postpaid line is an official line which means, I don't have control over the tariff structure. Thank you.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 3:11pm On Sep 15, 2013
gidigbi:

I can relate to you being attended to rudely, IMO it cuts across all the telcos....next time ask that your call be transferred to a team lead or the shift supervisor....believe me, everything from that point will sort itself out unbelievably....

grin
Sorry to ask please. Are you a GLO staff?
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by gidigbi(m): 3:24pm On Sep 15, 2013
luluosas:
Sorry to ask please. Are you a GLO staff?

Lolz....just an individual who has access to the information required as regards GLO sir.... grin grin
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 3:26pm On Sep 15, 2013
gidigbi:

The N95:24 you were billed is less value added tax (VAT), by the time this (VAT) is factored in, your bill will arrive at N100.

The prepaid customers have VAT included already at the point of subscription. @OP, you can write to corporatecare@gloworld.com stating your phone and you will get more clarification within 24 hours.

For prepaid customers, I'll advice you write to customercare@gloworld.com if there's no resolution to your complaint after calling 121 which is the prepaid helpline.

For blackberry customers, I am very sure that a refund will be processed if after 72 hours your bb service is not activated. Call 333 for assistance ( will confirm and send the email address later).

You know what? If this was really the case, I would have loved to be using my postpaid line for my Internet subscription but unfortunately, I have promised GLO never to subscribe to their Internet services until they will open their BIS plan on non BB devices. Thank you.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 3:31pm On Sep 15, 2013
gidigbi:

Lolz....just an individual who has access to the information required as regards GLO sir.... grin grin
Okay. That means we are on the same page on the GLO service.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by akandea(m): 3:37pm On Sep 15, 2013
I never knew don desperate until I noticed my 100 credit can't make 3 minutes call b4 my account balance is empty. Since then my Glo line is purely a receiving line , abeg my mama no born me mumu! If they know the style of lifting people credit I have learn the skill of not loading my line.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by dragunov: 4:43pm On Sep 15, 2013
luluosas: Glo Is Really Cheating Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers Big Time.
Can you imagine that, the Glo Instant Surf Internet plan being sold at N100 to prepaid customers is less than N100 for postpaid customers? In fact, they charged me N95.24k for the same 13MB data volume yesterday. This network (Glo) is truly taking us (their prepaid customers) for a ride.
See the message I received from 51010 after subscribing to the Instant Surf data plan yesterday with my official Glo CUG postpaid line.
. So if glo decides to compensate a postpaid customer for the overall amount he spent on his line by a few kobos over a prepaid sub who only manages to use N100 in a month, there is a crime. Bros better look for something else to cry and whine about. There are a host of other benefits which a prepaid customer can enjoy you know. So stop your campaign of callumny and go look for other service provider to blackmail. Small time you go dey ask PHCN for promo
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 5:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
dragunov: . So if glo decides to compensate a postpaid customer for the overall amount he spent on his line by a few kobos over a prepaid sub who only manages to use N100 in a month, there is a crime. Bros better look for something else to cry and whine about. There are a host of other benefits which a prepaid customer can enjoy you know. So stop your campaign of callumny and go look for other service provider to blackmail. Small time you go dey ask PHCN for promo
Are you sure madam didn't offends you this afternoon?
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by dragunov: 5:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
akandea: I never knew don desperate until I noticed my 100 credit can't make 3 minutes call b4 my account balance is empty. Since then my Glo line is purely a receiving line , abeg my mama no born me mumu! If they know the style of lifting people credit I have learn the skill of not loading my line.
. Bros, whatever you are being charged depends on the tariff plan of the line you're using; and glo has more thsn one of those. Unfortunately you belong to that class of subscribers who don't have an inkling of what they are using. If I ask you of what tarriff plan you're on I bet you do not know. It is only in Nigeria that subscribers don't know what they are paying for. And because of awoof mentality, they dial any code that's pops up on any billboard without bothering to study the intricacies of the code. Now you don't recharge anymore; just go and change your tariff plan to something cheaper because, bros, that line will soon be deactivated.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 5:08pm On Sep 15, 2013
dragunov: . Bros, whatever you are being charged depends on the tariff plan of the line you're using; and glo has more thsn one of those. Unfortunately you belong to that class of subscribers who don't have an inkling of what they are using. If I ask you of what tarriff plan you're on I bet you do not know. It is only in Nigeria that subscribers don't know what they are paying for. And because of awoof mentality, they dial any code that's pops up on any billboard without bothering to study the intricacies of the code. Now you don't recharge anymore; just go and change your tariff plan to something cheaper because, bros, that line will soon be deactivated.
Why are you attacking people here like this my friend?
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by dragunov: 5:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
akandea: I never knew don desperate until I noticed my 100 credit can't make 3 minutes call b4 my account balance is empty. Since then my Glo line is purely a receiving line , abeg my mama no born me mumu! If they know the style of lifting people credit I have learn the skill of not loading my line.
. lifting people credit I have learn the skill of not loading my line. [/quote]. Bros, whatever you are being charged depends on the tariff plan of the line you're using; and glo has more thsn one of those. Unfortunately you belong to that class of subscribers who don't have an inkling of what they are using. If I ask you of what tarriff plan you're on I bet you do not know. It is only in Nigeria that subscribers don't know what they are paying for. And because of awoof mentality, they dial any code that's pops up on any billboard without bothering to study the intricacies of the code. Now you don't recharge anymore; just go and change your tariff plan to something cheaper because, bros, that line will soon be deactivated.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by dragunov: 5:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
. lifting people credit I have learn the skill of not loading my line. [/quote]. Bros, whatever you are being charged depends on the tariff plan of the line you're using; and glo has more thsn one of those. Unfortunately you belong to that class of subscribers who don't have an inkling of what they are using. If I ask you of what tarriff plan you're on I bet you do not know. It is only in Nigeria that subscribers don't know what they are paying for. And because of awoof mentality, they dial any code that's pops up on any billboard without bothering to study the intricacies of the code. Now you don't recharge anymore; just go and change your tariff plan to something cheaper because, bros, that line will soon be deactivated.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by dragunov: 5:26pm On Sep 15, 2013
luluosas:
You know what? If this was really the case, I would have loved to be using my postpaid line for my Internet subscription but unfortunately, I have promised GLO never to subscribe to their Internet services until they will open their BIS plan on non BB devices. Thank you.
. Ok you wanna buy 3GB for just N1000. SMDH. Awoof awoof! awoof!
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by Chikach: 5:27pm On Sep 15, 2013
GLO na thief their 3G 1k BIS no dey even last reach 21 days e go just finish I dn tire.....is anybody experiencing this problem
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 5:33pm On Sep 15, 2013
dragunov: . Bros, whatever you are being charged depends on the tariff plan of the line you're using; and glo has more thsn one of those. Unfortunately you belong to that class of subscribers who don't have an inkling of what they are using. If I ask you of what tarriff plan you're on I bet you do not know. It is only in Nigeria that subscribers don't know what they are paying for. And because of awoof mentality, they dial any code that's pops up on any billboard without bothering to study the intricacies of the code. Now you don't recharge anymore; just go and change your tariff plan to something cheaper because, bros, that line will soon be deactivated.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by dragunov: 5:38pm On Sep 15, 2013
luluosas :

Why are you attacking people here like this my friend?
. Wetin you wan make I do lah? Serve you tea and biscuit and pamper you like you would those underpaid cc reps? Nah! Ain't finna do that. But I can serve you one thing though; THE TRUTH.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by dragunov: 5:47pm On Sep 15, 2013
Chikach: GLO na thief their 3G 1k BIS no dey even last reach 21 days e go just finish I dn tire.....is anybody experiencing this problem
. SMDH. When you're done downloading them stuffs you're used to downloading, how 3gig no go finish. Abi you want unlimited access ni? Awoof! Awoof! Awoof.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by dragunov: 5:47pm On Sep 15, 2013
Chikach: GLO na thief their 3G 1k BIS no dey even last reach 21 days e go just finish I dn tire.....is anybody experiencing this problem
. SMDH. When you're done downloading them stuffs you're used to downloading, how 3gig no go finish within 21 days. Abi you want unlimited access ni? Awoof! Awoof! Awoof.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by Chikach: 6:46pm On Sep 15, 2013
dragunov: . SMDH. When you're done downloading them stuffs you're used to downloading, how 3gig no go finish. Abi you want unlimited access ni? Awoof! Awoof! Awoof.

Oga no tell me rubish here coz I no dey download anytin.......even dat time weh glo na 1400 I dey download scatter still my mb go still remain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Stop GLO And AIRTEL Auto-borrow Me Credit Service / 10 Disadvantages Of Smart Phone Addiction / Introducing The Mtn Beta Talk Tarrif Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.