Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Beware Of These Banned Food Products - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Beware Of These Banned Food Products (35733 Views)

Smoking Will Be Banned Soon In Nigeria - FG / Banned Drugs In Nigerian Market (procold!) / Smoking in Public: Should It Be Banned? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of These Banned Food Products by fr3do(m): 1:09pm On Sep 14, 2013
Caracta: I wonder why people eat bread. Very boring food or whatever!

As for the artificial colouring, very green-coloured fried rice comes to mind.

thats the fault of thymol,a polyhydric phenol found in thyme.
'It is as dangerous as distilled water'.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of These Banned Food Products by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 14, 2013
Thank you very much. No more agege bread for me again. But where is Nafdac? Is it that they lack the will or that they lack the resources to enforce laws pertaining to food in Naija?
Re: Beware Of These Banned Food Products by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 14, 2013
baynix: [size=16]Indomie contains BHT and BHA?? undecided Well am still going to consume 2 Hungry Man Size with 1 Egg this morning!! cheesy [/size]
do we have a choice?
Re: Beware Of These Banned Food Products by redsun(m): 1:52pm On Sep 14, 2013
The price for industrialization and jet pace is astronomically catastrophic.

Beware of any food from China. Their quality control is almost as dangerous as Nigeria's,especially when they are dealing with rogue countries like nigeria.
Re: Beware Of These Banned Food Products by jcccccc: 2:17pm On Sep 14, 2013
[b][/b]they should ban food and drug products that come from india nd china if they want to save nigerians from cancer. they must also drive all india and chinese people from nigeria. Ihop the association of unemployed graduates should take this up with the presidency and national assemblyn they are d cause of unemployment in nigeria to about.80 per cent extent. all our leaders are doing is self survival politicking. unemployed graduates can manufacture keke marwa, canned food and every other thing we import from india if government buids an industrial village and upport them with soft loans. look at indomie, power pasta, dana foods etc, we don't want them again because of CANCER, CANCER, CANCER, KIDNEY FAILURE, KIDNEY FAILURE, KIDNEY FAILURE.
Re: Beware Of These Banned Food Products by Chiyung(f): 2:41pm On Sep 14, 2013
Eba and soup is the best food,and pounded yam very good for body and soul no preservatives or colouring.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of These Banned Food Products by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 14, 2013
When i buy bread and i see 'Bromate Free' on it,i just laugh cos in actual sense,the bromate in it is free,u dont have to pay for it.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of These Banned Food Products by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 14, 2013
baynix: [size=16]Indomie contains BHT and BHA?? undecided Well am still going to consume 2 Hungry Man Size with 1 Egg this morning!! cheesy [/size]

U don dey dig ur grave be dat!!!
Re: Beware Of These Banned Food Products by samuelfemo(m): 3:01pm On Sep 14, 2013
Re: Beware Of These Banned Food Products by Gboliwe: 3:43pm On Sep 14, 2013
speedyboi:
So you are a microbiologist and this is news to you?
So much for being a graduate. And you too go dey claim unemployment oo?
ouuch! Thats too harsh.
Re: Beware Of These Banned Food Products by redsun(m): 3:59pm On Sep 14, 2013
Chiyung: Eba and soup is the best food,and pounded yam very good for body and soul no preservatives or colouring.

Abakeleke rice is good for you too. All those home made rice that are not heavily processed and washed off are good substitute for too much cassava and pounded yam. They are far much better than the good looking but nutrients empty imported white rice.
Re: Beware Of These Banned Food Products by Shaadey: 4:05pm On Sep 14, 2013
fitzmayowa: I hope say they never ban my precious GARRI ooo grin
d pic mk sense die
Re: Beware Of These Banned Food Products by festwiz(m): 4:25pm On Sep 14, 2013
Everything enjoyable in this life is a crime
anything fun is a sin,
anything sweet con be death,na wetin remain,make we starve ourself?
Re: Beware Of These Banned Food Products by loorah(f): 4:59pm On Sep 14, 2013
dnt eat dis....dnt eat dat....den wat do we eat.especiali we students.God abeg oooo undecideddnt eat dis....dnt eat dat....den wat do we eat.especiali we students.God abeg oooo
Re: Beware Of These Banned Food Products by loorah(f): 5:00pm On Sep 14, 2013
help me ask o
Re: Beware Of These Banned Food Products by Lakayanah: 5:52pm On Sep 14, 2013
festwiz: Everything enjoyable in this life is a crime
anything fun is a sin,
anything sweet con be death,na wetin remain,make we starve ourself?
beware of beauty in whatsoever form cars, women clothes houses and flowers the more the beauty the more the danger that is why narrow is the way to heaven.
Re: Beware Of These Banned Food Products by patrkq(m): 6:46pm On Sep 14, 2013
BedLam: Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) , also
known as butylhydroxytoluene , is a
lipophilic organic compound, chemically a
derivative of phenol , that is useful for its
antioxidant properties. European and U.S.
regulations allow small percentages to be
used as a food additive . While there may
be some dispute in BHT's use in the human
diet, the chemical is widely used in industry
wherever oxidation in fluids (e.g. fuel, oil)
and other materials must be treated, and
free radicals must be kept in check.
pls give wikipedia their credit
Re: Beware Of These Banned Food Products by patrkq(m): 6:55pm On Sep 14, 2013
actually indomie doesn't contain BHT..
instead it contains TBHQ.A more potent antioxidant than BHT...
TBHQ is considered non carcinogenic and safe for human consumption at low concentration by the european food safety authority
Re: Beware Of These Banned Food Products by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 14, 2013
[quote author=segzytemi]
Arsenic
If you eat
poultry, particularly the frozen variety, make
sure you know where it is coming from and
how it is raised.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/beware-of-these-banned-food-products/#sthash.u95Rgjqn.dpuf
Op, you mean I should always ask the chicken seller in the market where the chicken whose parts I'm about to buy was raised? Are you sure I would get an answer?

1 Like

Re: Beware Of These Banned Food Products by akunjohn(m): 10:08pm On Sep 14, 2013
jhydebaba: Yet one mumu girl go dey order for indomie with chicken thinking say her guy na maga cheesy

Wetin man wan do again sef for this life Donts are over a million, how can one keep up with all these

Abeg, make I enjoy my life, when death comes knocking, I won't regret rather than keeping all the donts religiously and get knocked down by a drunk's car tongue

Make u no kill me wit lafta jare.
Re: Beware Of These Banned Food Products by Bigsolo88: 10:26pm On Sep 14, 2013
lemme finish dc chicken lap n comment.. ops i'm coming ok?
Re: Beware Of These Banned Food Products by HolyHolla(m): 8:51am On Sep 15, 2013
I'm a rice addict and would go for brown rice whenever available or Ofada rice anytime, but when unavailable, good ol' Indian rice will do. I don't trust Asian rice that much. They are mostly genetically modified.
Re: Beware Of These Banned Food Products by HolyHolla(m): 8:59am On Sep 15, 2013
Well, Bill Gates is campaigning that for good nutrition, Africans should be on diet of insects and worms. (yuk) I wonder what 'he' eats... gold and diamonds?
Re: Beware Of These Banned Food Products by olorire2013: 9:19am On Sep 15, 2013
My 3yrs old daughter eats indomie noodles almost everyday o!infact its one of her favourite food.should ii remove it from her menu?
Re: Beware Of These Banned Food Products by Mustay(m): 12:30pm On Sep 15, 2013
olorire2013: My 3yrs old daughter eats indomie noodles almost everyday o!infact its one of her favourite food.should ii remove it from her menu?

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/dangers-of-processed-foods/

Moderation in everything. Children get used to what they are given from their childhood. If fruits and nuts for example were our snacks at childhood, 'minerals' (I.e soft drinks) and biscuit won't be a substitute we would've considered. Most things we take in are unnatural and we actually have numerous natural substitutes around us (some cheaper) but we ignore them cos we are on the 'fast' lane. Talk to your nutritionist for healthier options cool
Re: Beware Of These Banned Food Products by trolling(m): 3:41am On Sep 16, 2013
olorire2013: My 3yrs old daughter eats indomie noodles almost everyday o!infact its one of her favourite food.should ii remove it from her menu?
she can eat Indomie but don't use the seasonings that come with it, use another season without msg, she founds it addictive because of the msg which enhances the taste of food, but it's called sweet misery over here
Re: Beware Of These Banned Food Products by kolamilan(m): 6:51pm On Sep 17, 2013
nice one, am aware of that Red #40. The colour itself can bleach hand.
Re: Beware Of These Banned Food Products by oyinbogirl(f): 2:07pm On Sep 18, 2013
thanks for this
Re: Beware Of These Banned Food Products by SWG1: 11:41pm On Oct 14, 2013
jhydebaba: Yet one mumu girl go dey order for indomie with chicken thinking say her guy na maga cheesy

Wetin man wan do again sef for this life Donts are over a million, how can one keep up with all these

Abeg, make I enjoy my life, when death comes knocking, I won't regret rather than keeping all the donts religiously and get knocked down by a drunk's car tongue

Re: Beware Of These Banned Food Products by SWG1: 11:43pm On Oct 14, 2013

hahahahaha! can't just stop laughing. If car no come kill u nko, but u come they sick like die?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

300 Medical Consultants Withdraw Services From UCH, University Of Ibadan / Tips To Get Rid Of Yellow Teeth / Israel Shuts Schools As Pupils & Teachers Contract COVID-19 After Reopening

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.