Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,080 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:52 AM

A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour (35677 Views)

A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town / Which West African Countries Do You Prefer Except Nigeria / West African Countries Hate Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by touchmeder: 10:32pm On Oct 12, 2013
TONYE001: Wow! We are at the Frontpage...

Thanks to the hands that made this possible...

Thanks to you all for your comments...

I won't disappoint you...

More updates on the way...

Wow Op thanks for this thread. It was a fantastic read i must confess. I have a glimpse of West Africa through your eyes and i feel like traveling myself. I cant believe the thread has been on since September and i only came across it today thanks to ''front page things'' i would have missed it. I also think you are a fantastic writer and i enjoyed the stories of your class mates at Togo (although it would seem one or two people got bored)
I love traveling and experiencing new cultures but i doubt if i can brave it on my own like you did. I got some questions for you if you dont mind.
Have you traveled to any of these countries before?
How much would you say you roughly spent on your trip? You dont have to be exact a rough estimate would do.
How many countries did you travel to in total?

nice write up Mr.tonye, but d issue with nysc u mentioned in ur initial post,I never heard of it before,maybe it's peculiar to ur school...In fact I know of a graduate of lasu who got admitted through direct entry and currently seeing out his service year in bauchi.. Back to ur story, something tells me u are a son of a pastor or someone who is deeply religious. u mean u didn't knack zika apako at all?...chai ! bros eh,not even any other togolese lady?
BROS U ARE SLEEPING ON THE BICYCLE!

Nawa for una sha. this is the second poster wanting to find out about op and ladies or a lady on his trip. Why should he give out such information even if met one or didnt? He owes no one gist about his personal life. Do you know if he is in a committed relationship or if such things are against his personal belief (he kept going to Winners on Sundays smiley)

8 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by Adeshina365: 10:46pm On Oct 12, 2013
Did U get to Bleep Zika?
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by Cestmoi1(f): 10:47pm On Oct 12, 2013
Your descriptions were on point.It's really good to travel and visit new places.Reminds of when i passed through Port-Novo,saw people by the roadside selling petrol in kegs and Cotonou,I could count the number of cars amongst bikes.U go fear fear women on bikes.It's been a while though,don't know of now.I simply can't wait to travel to Togo to start my french course afresh.
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by Iaz93: 10:51pm On Oct 12, 2013
Christ! I love adventures. I just need time and enough cash wink . West Africa too on my mind.

Good work, OP.

That ATM stuff really got me rolling!
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by ChiSun27(m): 11:05pm On Oct 12, 2013
Meeeeeennnnnhhhhh....had to power on my gen to charge my battery as it ran down while reading this...can't belief I read from 0 page to the last page at a stretch. You have really re-invigorated the traveling part of me...will surely work towards it in the nearest future. But my intension is to learn either Portuguese or Spanish but still have a little taste for French.

You are a good descriptive/narrative writer bro...please "ginger" they go.

And don't tell me that you didn't "eye" any ripe tomato(es).
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by henrimoto(m): 11:47pm On Oct 12, 2013
peleson: You are a very polished boy. A typical portharcourt boy. Rivers State will soon be the most enlightened and educated state in nigeria following Amaechi's investment in education
oh, see dis one, before you think say port harcourt people no dey go school....?
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by henrimoto(m): 11:52pm On Oct 12, 2013
991: the below food is called Acheke, my favorite Ivory coast food. i once ate it with Dider Drogba in an Ivorian resturant in the UK. cool
lolzzz, heeenn-heeenn.... you no see yaya toure there ? drogba ko, solomon kalou ni....

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by henrimoto(m): 12:00am On Oct 13, 2013
ajasa4link: nice write up Mr.tonye, but d issue with nysc u mentioned in ur initial post,I never heard of it before,maybe it's peculiar to ur school...In fact I know of a graduate of lasu who got admitted through direct entry and currently seeing out his service year in bauchi.. Back to ur story, something tells me u are a son of a pastor or someone who is deeply religious. u mean u didn't knack zika apako at all?...chai ! bros eh,not even any other togolese lady?
BROS U ARE SLEEPING ON THE BICYCLE! [i][/i]
hahahahahaha.... papa ajasco weeeree!
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by Madawaki01(m): 12:11am On Oct 13, 2013
Nice write up
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by speedbay007: 12:25am On Oct 13, 2013
hmmmm...I cant beliv I read page of this thread.........still waiting 2 hear U talk about there ladies though.....Didnt U mix up with their girl grin
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by Tonylyte(m): 12:38am On Oct 13, 2013
9ja4eva:

True Talk
dis naija4eva of a dude, u be seun broda? U don tay nairaland sha, enough to even b admin..i google sum ting, the gratification wey i get ya comment dey there. Far back tinz.
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by arewatech(m): 1:37am On Oct 13, 2013
Thanks to front page, you kept me awake for 1:20 minutes. Keep on the write-up, page bookmarked.
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by dheaven: 2:36am On Oct 13, 2013
On my way to Ghana few years ago we stoped at Lome Togo I needed a place I can pay and use their toilet and they directed me to a man which I gave money to use their toilet. After payment the man brought a little water in a kettle (to clean up after) and showed me a bush that I should go inside the bush and look for a vacant space to use. Men if you see loads of shyte for inside the bush you go fear. That is the first time I saw where they are using bush as a paid toilet. Fear nor let me enter the bush more than three foot before i run back o because of snake and smell of other people shyte wen full the bush.
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by namdo(m): 4:14am On Oct 13, 2013
Wow, Pa Soyinka and the likes may love to see you. I think you could become a great novelist. Great work. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by tonididdy(m): 8:15am On Oct 13, 2013
Adeshina365: Did U get to Bleep Zika?
i nor sure...op is a strong christian as u can tell from his winners attendance always
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by Yeske2(m): 8:50am On Oct 13, 2013
West Africa things. . .on my mind but where the hell is tonye? Enjoying this
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by pickabeau1: 9:00am On Oct 13, 2013
Lovely thread n I liked the description of your coursemates

More......
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by ChiSun27(m): 9:03am On Oct 13, 2013
That Senegalese rice almost made me lost appetite...pleasem don't eat that food next time...can't believe people eat moulded rice.

But meeehnnnn....Nigeria get food well well and I thank God for giving us the skills of great meal preparations.

Still prefer my Igbo foods anytime anyday.

Imagine a human eating sauce and raw garri...God have mercy.
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by anitank(f): 9:35am On Oct 13, 2013
Can't believe I lost my sleep over this....it was worth it tho.

The raw garri, mumu oleya , Togo 101.2, ATM at Dakar all got me cracking hard grin

...And I must commend ur impeccable way of writing, it's beyond extraordinary.

By the way, I studied Microbiology at UNIPORT also through Basic Studies. So I should say pleased to meet u smiley

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by ajasa4link: 9:49am On Oct 13, 2013
ChiSun27: That Senegalese rice almost made lost appetite...pleasem don't eat that food next time...can't believe people eat moulded rice.

But meeehnnnn....Nigeria get food well well and I thank God for giving us the skills of great meal preparations.

Still prefer my Igbo foods anytime anyday.

Imagine a human eating sauce and raw garri...God have mercy.
oga it's not moulded rice o....it's just d curved spoon used in dishing d rice that gave it the shape. I've been served fried rice in that shape countless times in nigeria[i][/i]
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by Dollarjunkie: 9:51am On Oct 13, 2013
Nawaa o...
All of una don talk wetin I wan talk.
The only thing left is... Tonye! Make sure you continue after today's service for Winner's chapel PH.
Am addicted to your story.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by Alleinad(f): 10:18am On Oct 13, 2013
Hope am not joining the party too late?? Tonye, Tu es vraiment drole!! I am enjoying everybit of your story. j'ai ri beaucoup. merci pour cette article! keep it up!
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by Bizibi(m): 10:20am On Oct 13, 2013
This is the best thread i have read since july,tonye just made me enjoyed reading it like watching travel channel on dstv.i will love to visit senegal,i was surprise when i saw the pix uploaded here anyway nice write up and your sense of humour
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by Bizibi(m): 10:22am On Oct 13, 2013
This is the best thread i have read since july,tonye just made me enjoyed reading it like watching travel channel on dstv.i will love to visit senegal,i was surprised when i saw the pix uploaded here anyway nice write up and your sense of humour

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by Justice629(m): 10:31am On Oct 13, 2013
An interesting read that has given me the urge to explore our African countries
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by pryd(m): 10:32am On Oct 13, 2013
I really enjoyed ur adventure. Travelling is such an amazing experience. I have a passion for tours & I can't wait to bounce.
Thanks alot for sharing.
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by IdeaIsNeed: 11:01am On Oct 13, 2013
Bizibi: This is the best thread i have read since july,tonye just made me enjoyed reading it like watching travel channel on dstv.i will love to visit senegal,i was surprise when i saw the pix uploaded here anyway nice write up and your sense of humour
*enjoy
*surprised
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by Bizibi(m): 11:12am On Oct 13, 2013
IdeaIsNeed:
*enjoy
*surprised
yea thks fr d correction
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by DeevaB: 11:34am On Oct 13, 2013
BMZK: Monsieur l'aventurier, j'aime ton style. Tu es un bon redacteur. It is not easy to be multi lingual. You will make a good carrier in writing.
Impatiently waiting for updates. Keep it up!!

CAREER!
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by BMZK: 11:38am On Oct 13, 2013
DeevaB:

CAREER!
Noted.
Thanks.
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by plainmirror(m): 12:11pm On Oct 13, 2013
FP induced me to U̶̲̥̅̊я awesome story.
Kip it comin' mon amie grin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by GBAS: 12:58pm On Oct 13, 2013
Nice write up really enjoyed every bit of it!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lagos Traffic- Life Inside The World's Worst Traffic Jam / Kekwaru Ngozi Mary Gets Free Canada Permanent Residency After Returning $70,000 / Pictures And Video From The Ibadan Explosion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.