Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi (21241 Views)

Edo Is Not More 'Niger Delta' Than Imo, Ondo & Abia / 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses / Examining Lagos State GDP Figures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 17, 2015
lawani:

Onitsha is just lucky with government and multinational's patronage. Ilesa has been an urban center for centuries while Onitsha was just a cluster of villages. Yet all developments in ilesa area were initiatives of Ijeshas. I guess we have to do more and we will. The SABMiller expansion would have been in Ilesa but I guess the Osun governor failed to come up with money as promised. You can still pass your message across without using foul language like yapping and etc if you try. No need for all that. Again, what the Renaissance report is saying is that the total value of production coming out of Osun exceeds that of Anambra. This may be hard for you to come to terms with but it is the plain truth. Cassava, yams, kolanuts, catfish, eggs, chicken, palmoil, cocoa, catfish, coffee, cotton, maize, services of all kinds, trading, okra, timber, plastics, nylon, and hundreds of other products. Remember that if cocoa, kolanuts and coffee brings 1.5 billion dollars a year, that's just a bonus because most farm owners have other sources of income. Some don't even visit the farms. Cocoa, coffee and Kola are like oil wells to the owners. Also, Anambra can't be an oil producing state just because they have a refinery, no matter the capacity of the refinery, otherwise Kaduna will also be one. The oil discovered in that area has been determined to belong to Kogi state not Anambra. There are hundreds of products coming out of Anambra but Osun's appear to be more. One indication is the IGR.

thr is no federal government presence at onitsha. thr is little state government presence 10% SABMiller. onitsha stock exchange. .then local government whose only recognized work is to collect monthly fee dubbed business premises.

I said I won't reply you. but knowing you as an average southwest dude who is yet to leave the south west to explore other parts of Nigeria. .you seriously need to be enlightened. .

I am going to nnewi on the 28th of this month If you want I ll pay your transport whatever means land sea or air. I ll pay for your hotel if you want I ve six empty rooms in my house. ..so you can explore onitsha and nnewi. ..

do you know dat from benin bypass to my street at Nnewi u ll never meet a pot hole

7 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 17, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Imagine the moroon saying Onitsha is enjoying government patronage and is a clusters of villages.

I regret even being on this thread because i thought human was typing never knew a goat was on the keypad.
Keep siting in ibadan and be throwing figures around while the world is donating aids for u

general d dude na average southwest fellow. ..
me and yoy kno say dem no dey ever leave thr region so they just conjure things and believe as fact. ..

onitsha wey don eat up obosi. nkpor ogidi. and the whole neighborhood. ..na onitsha dey develop asaba.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 17, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Imagine the moroon saying Onitsha is enjoying government patronage and is a clusters of villages.

I regret even being on this thread because i thought human was typing never knew a goat was on the keypad.
Keep siting in ibadan and be throwing figures around while the world is donating aids for u

general d dude na average southwest fellow. ..
me and yoy kno say dem no dey ever leave thr region so they just conjure things and believe as fact. ..

onitsha wey don eat up obosi. nkpor ogidi. and the whole neighborhood. ..na onitsha dey develop asaba. without being a capital. .

these folks think because igbos troop to othrr region dat nothing happens in the south east...I laugh when I remember people like cutix plc. innoson..
chicason (az oil. life vegetable oil) and other major players who ve zero investment outside the south east. .

listen folks people travel outside the south east because u can't be king in d midst of lots of kings. when you cant compete you go to a place where there is less competition.

do you know why unemployment rate is low at anambra. ..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 17, 2015
This thread is supposed to be trashed for being misleading and a blatant lie.

Osun is currently having the highest GDP of hunger pangs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by lawani: 9:38pm On Jun 17, 2015
I didn't say Onitsha is a cluster of villages. I said Onitsha was a cluster of villages when Ilesa was a well planned urban center centuries ago. Same for Ibadan and Lagos. They were also villages when Ilesa was a well planned urban center centuries ago. I am not saying the oil belongs to Kogi I am just stating the report I heard.

http://leadership.ng/news/410665/anambrakogi-oil-dispute-exploration-advanced-stage-kogi-sambo

I don't care about oil money. I see it as an impediment to development and growth. Though if well managed, it shouldn't have turned out like that. Ijesha land was reknown for intricately woven mats and kolanuts. Those were our traditional exports. Later cocoa, coffee and etc entered into the fray. We don't need the oil money to get ahead. No one really does. Industry is enough. Congrats to those who have the oil. Thanks for your offer to visit Anambra but no time for now. The Brewery at Onitsha and the coming Neimeth factory amongst others are patronage by multinationals. Aren't they? That's what I mean.
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by lawani: 9:43pm On Jun 17, 2015
I didn't say Onitsha is a cluster of villages. I said Onitsha was a cluster of villages when Ilesa was a well planned urban center centuries ago. Same for Ibadan and Lagos. They were also villages when Ilesa was a well planned urban center centuries ago. I am not saying the oil belongs to Kogi I am just stating the report I heard.
http://leadership.ng/news/410665/anambrakogi-oil-dispute-exploration-advanced-stage-kogi-sambo

I don't care about oil money. I see it as an impediment to development and growth. Though if well managed, it shouldn't have turned out like that. Ijesha land was reknown for intricately woven mats and kolanuts. Those were our traditional exports. Later cocoa, coffee and etc entered into the fray. We don't need the oil money to get ahead. No one really does. Industry is enough. Congrats to those who have the oil. Thanks for your offer to visit Anambra but no time for now. The Brewery at Onitsha and the coming Neimeth factory amongst others are patronage by multinationals. Aren't they? That's what I mean.
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 17, 2015
lawani:

forget bragging right. me and you kno anambra is more developed. ba

1 Like

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by lawani: 10:32pm On Jun 17, 2015
patmaine:

forget bragging right. me and you kno anambra is more developed. ba

If your GDP has many sectors and varied economic activities are taking place with no overbearance of any sector, then that's development. It does not always translate to larger GDP. For example South Africa is more developed and industrialized than Nigeria with even a higher per capita income but Nigeria's GDP is bigger. However, someone mentioned here that trading alone covers 40 percent of GDP in Anambra while manufacturing is 20 percent. I don't know the sector breakdown for Osun but reports say Osun is ahead of Anambra by both GDP size and per capita income. I don't know about development.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by eaglechild: 12:24am On Jun 18, 2015
lawani:

If your GDP has many sectors and varied economic activities are taking place with no overbearance of any sector, then that's development. It does not always translate to larger GDP. For example South Africa is more developed and industrialized than Nigeria with even a higher per capita income but Nigeria's GDP is bigger. However, someone mentioned here that trading alone covers 40 percent of GDP in Anambra while manufacturing is 20 percent. I don't know the sector breakdown for Osun but reports say Osun is ahead of Anambra by both GDP size and per capita income. I don't know about development.

The basis of this back and forth is that the report is false based on the reality on ground.

Osun state has been unable to pay salaries for 7 months and is presently dependent on food handouts for survival.

How can such a state have a higher per capita income than one that has no debt and has increased wages.

If Osun is making more money (with a smaller workforce) then surely it should be able to pay salaries without any fuss just like Anambra.

The earlier you begin to question the bogus statistics your state government is churning out to make itself look good the better for you. That is what has put Osun in this mess and its citizen in dire desperation.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/06/17/foundation-donates-foodstuffs-to-osun-workers/

https://www.nairaland.com/2385688/osun-pdp-senatorial-candidate-others

https://www.nairaland.com/2383409/kashamu-donates-30-trailers-rice

2 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Yeske2(m): 4:36am On Jun 18, 2015
The N89.1bn earned by Rivers State represented
an increase of N1.19bn when compared to the
N87.91bn for 2013.
Others are Akwa Ibom, with N15.6bn; Anambra,
N10.4bn; Bayelsa, N10.9bn; Enugu, N19.2bn;
Katsina, N6.2bn; Kogi, N6.5bn; Ekiti, N3.4bn;
Osun, N8.5bn; Oyo, N16.3bn; and Imo, N8.1bn.
The rest are Niger, N5.7bn; Plateau, N8.2bn;
Zamfara, N3.1bn; Delta, N42.8bn; Benue, N8.2bn;
Bauchi, N4.8bn; Kaduna, N12.7bn; Katsina,
N6.2bn; Kebbi, N3.8bn; Nasarawa, N4.05bn;
Ogun, N17.4bn; Sokoto, N5.6bn and Zamfara,
N3.1bn.
The report listed the 13 states that had yet to
provide details of their IGR for 2014 as Abia,
Adamawa, Borno, Cross River, Ebonyi, Edo,
Gombe, Jigawa, Kano, Kwara, Ondo, Taraba and
Yobe.
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/lagos-22-others-collected-n586-6bn-igr-in-2014-nbs/
lawani forget all your silly argument, Osun state is poor.
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by lawani: 8:36am On Jun 18, 2015
The Osun government has no money but no state in Nigeria is without a sizeable GDP. No state is doing IGR co measurate with its GDP. Not even Lagos. If there is taxation like during the colonial era, the Lagos IGR alone will likely be close to the revenue of the FG even at current Lagos GDP level which should be over 60 billion dollars. Osun is indebted but if you consider the GDP, the debt is negligible. Even as no one is doing IGR, the little IGR being done is an indication of the GDP except if a state is going the extra mile like Lagos with their land use charges. Osun has no land use charges. IGR efforts in Osun and Anambra are similar. So if Osun surpasses Anambra, it is an indication of relative GDP size.

All this controversy will end once Nigeria starts fiscal federalism. For now, there are false assumptions and untruths being circulated. True fiscal federalism will end all that and we will see ourselves in reality. There will of course be surprises.
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 18, 2015
comparing anambra state and osun state is a travesty. .

2 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by BLOTRS: 12:27pm On Jun 18, 2015
The OP should appologise for posting false info...even though i know many nairalanders believed this initialy

1 Like

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by AnambraDota: 8:20am On Aug 22, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 06, 2015
geeez:
The GDP of Oyo for 2012 is higher than that of any state in the SE. The GDP of Osun is the same with Imo and Anambra which are the highest in the SE (see below). These are the latest figures from a credible agency and not that 2010 GDP post that has been recycled over and over.

From the report I have for Q1 2013, Ogun State has a higher GDP than the highest in the SE which means the three SW states of Lagos, Oyo and Ogun have higher GDPs than that of any state in the SE and if Osun State were in the SE, its GDP for Q1 2013 will be the second highest

Amazing

5 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by MCMLXXVI(m): 7:16pm On Dec 10, 2015
geeez:
The GDP of Oyo for 2012 is higher than that of any state in the SE. The GDP of Osun is the same with Imo and Anambra which are the highest in the SE (see below). These are the latest figures from a credible agency and not that 2010 GDP post that has been recycled over and over.

From the report I have for Q1 2013, Ogun State has a higher GDP than the highest in the SE which means the three SW states of Lagos, Oyo and Ogun have higher GDPs than that of any state in the SE and if Osun State were in the SE, its GDP for Q1 2013 will be the second highest

Amazing

Bwahahahaha!

2 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by IgrigiEOD: 8:53pm On Dec 10, 2015
**grins** This thread! before Famine Aragbeshola hit osun people back to reality. **grins**

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Adminisher: 8:56pm On Dec 10, 2015
This thread is supposed to be trashed for being misleading and a blatant lie.

Osun is currently having the highest GDP of hunger pangs

Osun has the most sophisticated Machine Tools manufacturing and foundry shop in West Africa. It is also home to Oshogbo steel Rolling mill and is a vital node in Nigeria's electric grid. It has a big railway terminus and is a stop over for travellers from the North on their way to Lagos . Agriculture is very well developed. It has two universities and a lot of research institites. I believe it's published GDP level

1 Like

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by ideynl1: 3:39pm On Mar 18, 2016
Lol.

Joke of the millennium
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by OreMI22: 6:15pm On Mar 18, 2016
[size=18pt]Nigerian voodoo statistics.

Trust any so called "official statistic" quoted by Nigerian government at your peril.
[/size]
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by OreMI22: 12:30pm On Apr 26, 2017
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Agumbankembu: 12:35pm On Jun 29, 2017
Adminisher:

Osun has the most sophisticated Machine Tools manufacturing and foundry shop in West Africa. It is also home to Oshogbo steel Rolling mill and is a vital node in Nigeria's electric grid. It has a big railway terminus and is a stop over for travellers from the North on their way to Lagos . Agriculture is very well developed. It has two universities and a lot of research institites. I believe it's published GDP level

1 Like

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Agumbankembu: 12:36pm On Jun 29, 2017
IgrigiEOD:
**grins** This thread! before Famine Aragbeshola hit osun people back to reality. **grins**

Lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by lawani: 3:55pm On Aug 18, 2017
The Agro-allied sector in Osun has no answer to it in Anambra. That sector produces billions of dollars of farm produce per annum. Per capita income in Osun will be higher than in Anambra. Osun is richer because of the agro allied sector
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by prodigy24: 4:22pm On Aug 18, 2017
lawani:
The Agro-allied sector in Osun has no answer to it in Anambra. That sector produces billions of dollars of farm produce per annum. Per capita income in Osun will be higher than in Anambra. Osun is richer because of the agro allied sector
Mention one agro allied company in osun state...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by victorDanladi: 4:36pm On Aug 18, 2017
geeez:

How was he discredited?
The other time ...
THEY WILL NOT GIVE YOU,UNLESS YOU ASKED FOR EWEDU OR DEMOLA AJAYI PICTURES.
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by backtosender: 4:58pm On Aug 18, 2017
Hahahaha afonjas GDP the skull mining

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by lawani: 11:54am On Aug 19, 2017
prodigy24:

Mention one agro allied company in osun state...

There is maybe 200,000 people in Osun state who are produce farmers earning well over a million naira per annum from farm produce being sent all over the world. There are big agro allied companies too of which Tuns farm Osogbo is the biggest. Use google to get more info.
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by prodigy24: 7:29pm On Aug 19, 2017
lawani:

There is maybe 200,000 people in Osun state who are produce farmers earning well over a million naira per annum from farm produce being sent all over the world. There are big agro allied companies too of which Tuns farm Osogbo is the biggest. Use google to get more info.
Answer my question or shut up
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by lawani: 4:11pm On Aug 20, 2017
prodigy24:

Answer my question or shut up
Ok,
Ok!. Don't be that harsh!. We are all learning!. Don't be angry .
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by VulgarVulvas: 1:51pm On Oct 14, 2017
Afonja and lies are like zuma.jpg
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by ThatFairGuy: 2:31pm On Oct 14, 2017
Doubting thomas
Adelaide2:
MANUFACTURED BY YOU OF COURSE

Until we hear from the federal govt, this is another Yoruba fabu

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

LG Poll: PDP Wins 23 Chairmanship Seats In Rivers / Senator Etang Umoyo Fails To Decamp To PDP At Udom’s Endorsement Rally / Atiku’s Impending Graduation At UK University Delaying Reconciliation With Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.