Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi (21269 Views)

Edo Is Not More 'Niger Delta' Than Imo, Ondo & Abia / 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses / Examining Lagos State GDP Figures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by FKO81(m): 12:12pm On Jun 15, 2015
lawani:

[s]You have not summed up all those production and confirmed it surpasses that of Osun in value. That is what the experts have done. They found out Osun far surpasses Anambra.
[/s]
My friend go and use the time you are wasting here and press demand for your people, Osun citizens are in penury, you are here comparing you backward state to Anambra state go and find your mate, they are not mate in all ramifications.

5 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 15, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Your fixation and lies about this International Breweries is becoming nauseating. I wanted to ignore it initially but you've continued with the lies in successive posts.

International breweries is currently being operated by SABMiller, the same company that runs the intafact brewery in Onitsha. IB has an annual brewing capacity of 500,000 hectolitres while the Onitsha brewery opened in 2012 with a brewing capacity of 700,000 hectolitres and is in the final phase of upgrade taking the capacity to 2.1million hectolitres.

That a company is listed on the bourse doesn't mean it's doing well than its counterparts not listed.

The Onitsha based brewery is way ahead of the Ilesa based brewery both in terms of capacity and market share.

Always get your facts right.

chaiii. busted. ..

lawani ur lies busted left right and center. ..

but all of una wey dey indulge dis marafuka dey f up big time..

who in his right mind will compare any part of osun to onitsha.

onitsha south local government alone is more productive than osun state. .

nnewi have more industry than osun state...

ekwuluobia is economically more viable that state of osun..

lawani dey mention brewery wey we no dey see but anybody kno and dey see hero beer. one of the most consumed beer in Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by lawani: 12:20pm On Jun 15, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Your fixation and lies about this International Breweries is becoming nauseating. I wanted to ignore it initially but you've continued with the lies in successive posts.

International breweries is currently being operated by SABMiller, the same company that runs the intafact brewery in Onitsha. IB has an annual brewing capacity of 500,000 hectolitres while the Onitsha brewery opened in 2012 with a brewing capacity of 700,000 hectolitres and is in the final phase of upgrade taking the capacity to 2.1million hectolitres.

That a company is listed on the bourse doesn't mean it's doing well than its counterparts not listed.

The Onitsha based brewery is way ahead of the Ilesa based brewery both in terms of capacity and market share.

I wouldn't know if the IB Plc has bought a brewries in Onitsha. Or if SABMiller is a contractor. I don't know the capacities too. I say only what I know. Who owns the Brewries at Onitsha? There are foreign investors and Ilesa people at IB Plc apart from shareholders in the public. Is the brewery at Onitsha producing for IB Plc? I will find out if you don't know. The point is that the company is now a huge corporation and it was humbly started by a member of a group you termed as lacking in industry.

Please believe whatever you want but credible agencies insist Osun is richer than Anambra despite Anambra having a larger population.
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by ArodeTsolaye: 12:26pm On Jun 15, 2015
lawani:

I have been to Onitsha. Anambra is urbanised but not with as much urban centers as Osun. Ilesa, Osogbo, Ife, Ede, Iwo, Ila, are all full fledged urban centers with sizeable populations.

This guy wan kill me with laugh. Na pure villages with red mud him dey call urbanized. blohohohohohhoho!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by akwabassey: 12:27pm On Jun 15, 2015
brewries in Onitsha

8 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by ArodeTsolaye: 12:30pm On Jun 15, 2015
vivalavida:
It beats me how someone can compare Osun state with Anambara state. I am from imo state and i can confidently tell u that no state in this nigeria can boast of the number of millonaires and silent billonaires that hail from anambra. There are MEN in that state.
Osun @best can be compared to ebonyi state. And yet ebonyi state is doing better than Osun state.

Ebonyi can comfortably feed itself and the whole of south Nigeria. Ebonyi is the food basket of east
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by kutchs: 12:30pm On Jun 15, 2015
Please chill with this silly comparison of Anambra and Osun, it's like comparing FC Barcelona and Warri Wolves.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by lawani: 1:59pm On Jun 15, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

I did not lie or misrepresent facts. Betamalt produced in Onitsha is a owned trademark of IB Plc. You can do business like Dr Lawrence Omole who turned his business to the public or sit atop it until it sinks. At least Globalcom is a totally private company, so also is MTN Nigeria, Etisalat and others and they have huge market shares. The logical conclusion of business is public listing. That is my point on IB Plc. The Breweries at Onitsha is totally a SABMiller initiative. Dr Omole founded the company, it prospered under him, then he turned it over to the public, the company later was mismanaged, then foreign investors moved in to salvage it and it returned to profitability.

Given thesame opportunities, there is no reason why Osun should have a larger GDP than Anambra since Anambra is more populated but cash crops is probably what gives Osun the edge in my opinion. Rice is grown in Osun too but it is more in adjacent Ekiti state. However the main industry where money is made most easily in Osun is agriculture via cash crops.
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Sunnybobo3(m): 2:33pm On Jun 15, 2015
lawani:

I did not lie or misrepresent facts. Betamalt produced in Onitsha is a owned trademark of IB Plc. You can do business like Dr Lawrence Omole who turned his business to the public or sit atop it until it sinks. At least Globalcom is a totally private company, so also is MTN Nigeria, Etisalat and others and they have huge market shares. The logical conclusion of business is public listing. That is my point on IB Plc. The Breweries at Onitsha is totally a SABMiller initiative.

Given thesame opportunities, there is no reason why Osun should have a larger GDP than Anambra since Anambra is more populated but cash crops is probably what gives Osun the edge in my opinion. Rice is grown in Osun too but it is more in adjacent Ekiti state. However the main industry where money is made most easily in Osun is agriculture via cash crops.

Dude, I do not want to be dragged into this disk measuring contest but on International Breweries PLC, you got it all wrong.

Before I say anything, may I disclose that I'm a shareholder of International Breweries PLC.

Yes, Dr. Omole founded International breweries but the company was run aground an eventually sold off to International investors who revived the company. As at now, individuals numbering close to 42, 000 people own less than 9% of the company.

Anambra state govt owns 10% equity in the Sabmiller breweries Onitsha which is a much more bigger facility than international breweries Ilesa and even also produces some products like Grand malt and others which IB Plc sells in the South West.

See attached pic for ownership structure of IB Plc.

6 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 2:40pm On Jun 15, 2015
lawani:

I wouldn't know if the IB Plc has bought a brewries in Onitsha. Or if SABMiller is a contractor. I don't know the capacities too. I say only what I know. Who owns the Brewries at Onitsha? There are foreign investors and Ilesa people at IB Plc apart from shareholders in the public. Is the brewery at Onitsha producing for IB Plc? I will find out if you don't know. The point is that the company is now a huge corporation and it was humbly started by a member of a group you termed as lacking in industry.

Please believe whatever you want but credible agencies insist Osun is richer than Anambra despite Anambra having a larger population.

Are you not ashamed?
How come osun collapsed from mere lack of salaries? How come the reduced allocations didn't affect anambra one bit?
I can't even believe I am having this argument.

7 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 2:44pm On Jun 15, 2015
Osun state is even owing anambra state and an illiterate is here yapping thrash.
Osun has been on heavy loans wheile anambra didnt borrow for 8 years in the past admin.
What has the moribund brewery in Ilesha got to do with the poverty in the state?
If agriculture is yielding something to osun, where is the evidence on osun current economy?

9 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 15, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Osun state is even owing anambra state and an illiterate is here yapping thrash.
Osun has been on heavy loans wheile anambra didnt borrow for 8 years in the past admin.
What has the moribund brewery in Ilesha got to do with the poverty in the state?
If agriculture is yielding something to osun, where is the evidence on osun current economy?

all of una wey dey indulge dis marafuka dey f up
big time..
who in his right mind will compare any part of osun to
onitsha.
onitsha south local government alone is more
productive than osun state. .
nnewi have more industry than osun state...
ekwuluobia is economically more viable that state of
osun..
lawani dey mention brewery wey we no dey see but
anybody kno and dey see hero beer. one of the most
consumed beer in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by lawani: 3:07pm On Jun 15, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Are you not ashamed?
How come osun collapsed from mere lack of salaries? How come the reduced allocations didn't affect anambra one bit?
Sunnybobo3:

Dude, I do not want to be dragged into this disk measuring contest but on International Breweries PLC, you got it all wrong.
Before I say anything, may I disclose that I'm a shareholder of International Breweries PLC.
Yes, Dr. Omole founded International breweries but the company was run aground an eventually sold off to International investors who revived the company. As at now, individuals numbering close to 42, 000 people own less than 9% of the company.
Anambra state govt owns 10% equity in the Sabmiller breweries Onitsha which is a much more bigger facility than international breweries Ilesa and even also produces some products like Grand malt and others which IB Plc sells in the South West.
See attached pic for ownership structure of IB Plc.
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Are you not ashamed?

For now Osun is doing 1.6 billion of IGR while Anambra does 1.1 billion. Osun employed extra 20 thousand people when Aregbe assumed office and Osun has borrowed a lot. I have pointed these out earlier on this thread.

On IB Plc, once a company goes public, anyone can take control by just buying enough shares or just noticing the board that they are coming to invest and take over by a certain date. If you start a business and bring it to this stage, then you are a real entrepreneur. Thats my point. I can raise money now and notice Dangote flour that I am taking over. If they dont want me, they have to quickly find another entity that will price me out. That is how it works and it is the noble conclusion of any business enterprise. Many enterprises have died out because they didnt do this at the right time. I hope you see my point.

All these budgets of states are something to be ashamed of. The whole budget of Nigeria is similar to that of the New York fire service. In the western world, they use at least 30 percent of GDP for public spending. That Osun government owes salary is not because Osun is poor of course. It is because of the foolish system we have in Nigeria. We have not even scratched the surface of our GDP.
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by FKO81(m): 4:25pm On Jun 15, 2015
lawani:

[s]For now Osun is doing 1.6 billion of IGR while Anambra does 1.1 billion. Osun employed extra 20 thousand people when Aregbe assumed office and Osun has borrowed a lot. I have pointed these out earlier on this thread.

On IB Plc, once a company goes public, anyone can take control by just buying enough shares or just noticing the board that they are coming to invest and take over by a certain date. If you start a business and bring it to this stage, then you are a real entrepreneur. Thats my point. I can raise money now and notice Dangote flour that I am taking over. If they dont want me, they have to quickly find another entity that will price me out. That is how it works and it is the noble conclusion of any business enterprise. Many enterprises have died out because they didnt do this at the right time. I hope you see my point.

All these budgets of states are something to be ashamed of. The whole budget of Nigeria is similar to that of the New York fire service. In the western world, they use at least 30 percent of GDP for public spending. That Osun government owes salary is not because Osun is poor of course. It is because of the foolish system we have in Nigeria. We have not even scratched the surface of our GDP.
[/s]
Ode!

2 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 15, 2015
lawani:

For now Osun is doing 1.6 billion of IGR while Anambra does 1.1 billion. Osun employed extra 20 thousand people when Aregbe assumed office and Osun has borrowed a lot. I have pointed these out earlier on this thread.

osun state. or state of osun is as poor as a church rat just like it's inhabitants. .

1 Like

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 15, 2015
lawani:

All these budgets of states are something to be ashamed of. The whole budget of Nigeria is similar to mad that of the New York fire service. In the western world, they use at least 30 percent of GDP for public spending. That Osun government owes salary is not because Osun is poor of course. It is because of the foolish system we have in Nigeria. We have not even scratched the surface of our GDP.

ur mumu no get part 2

million dollar businesses like ibeto group. chicason group and many others I guess they re not real entrepreneur but fake entrepreneurs

u re just displaying ur level. I can deduce u re a jobless fellow. someone with a real job won't reason the way you do

dem go don sack am tey tey

1 Like

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by lawani: 6:36pm On Jun 15, 2015
patmaine:

ur mumu no get part 2

million dollar businesses like ibeto group. chicason group and many others I guess they re not real entrepreneur but fake entrepreneurs

u re just displaying ur level. I can deduce u re a jobless fellow. someone with a real job won't reason the way you do

dem go don sack am tey tey

Is what I am saying difficult to understand? Why do you choose to be insultive? You see, where is Concord Group of MKO today? And numerous others? All the assets are lying dormant. This is the most likely end of a one man show of a business. Examples abound. You should be able to see my point. Many have come and gone. For now, Ibeto group and etc are thriving business enterprises. I hope you will do better in future while addressing a total stranger or anyone for that matter.
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by lawani: 8:49pm On Jun 15, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

You are just pathetic. So I am illiterate for citing what competent experts say is true? If Anambra chose to invest in bonds and Osun takes up the money in banks, is that bad? Afterall Nigerian banks invest in bonds in Europe which European governments use to better their lands. Most of the developed nations are heavily indebted. If Anambra is saving money instead investing it, they must have a reason for doing so. I am sure there are thousands of people that can tell you about the hundreds of thousands of cash crop millionaires in Osun state. If Anambra can't meet up with Osun's Igr despite the larger population, that speaks volumes. It will be foolish of you to think a state of over four million is depending on even 10 billion naira per month allocations. No state is depending on allocation. Only the government. Money spent on call cards alone per day will be close to 100 million naira. Please wake up from your slumber and realise things don't revolve around federal government allocations.
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 15, 2015
lawani:

Is what I am saying difficult to understand? Why do you choose to be insultive? You see, where is Concord Group of MKO today? And numerous others? All the assets are lying dormant. This is the most likely end of a one man show of a business. Examples abound. You should be able to see my point. Many have come and gone. For now, Ibeto group and etc are thriving business enterprises. I hope you will do better in future while addressing a total stranger or anyone for that matter.

sorry for the insult. but you seriously need to upgrade ur reasoning

2 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by lawani: 6:49am On Jun 16, 2015
patmaine:

sorry for the insult. but you seriously need to upgrade ur reasoning

The national office of statistics is saying something. An independent research company contracted by African Development Bank is saying thesame thing which I am saying here and you say I should upgrade my reasoning? Don't you think you need that advice more?

If Osun has nothing. Why do you think the place has many immigrants from other parts of the country doing farmwork, trading and etc? But nothing can be true unless it rubs your ego and agrees with your bias. It might interest you to know that Anambra and Norway have similar populations while Norway's GDP should be up to 20 times that of Anambra. It is not only by population.
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 16, 2015
lawani:

The national office of statistics is saying something. An independent research company contracted by African Development Bank is saying thesame thing which I am saying here and you say I should upgrade my reasoning? Don't you think you need that advice more?

If Osun has nothing. Why do you think the place has many immigrants from other parts of the country doing farmwork, trading and etc? But nothing can be true unless it rubs your ego and agrees with your bias. It might interest you to know that Anambra and Norway have similar populations while Norway's GDP should be up to 20 times that of Anambra. It is not only by population.

simple question.

osun state aka onigbese is so rich that it cant pay salary for eight months and counting. ..

Anambra state is so poor that it increased workers salary by 15% amidst penury.

dat osun state have igr of 1.6 billion monthly doesn't mean that more economic activity is going on there more than anambra state which have igr of 1.1 billion

I can confidently tell u dat anambra government re not serious with taxation. .I am from nnewi. and my dad is living at Nnewi doing business at both nnewi and onitsha.
he is a major distributor to engine oil manufacturer and lubricants. . (hydraulic oil transmission oil etc) he is also a major dealer to a filter manufacturer. ..
I can confidently tell you dat the only money he ever payed to the government was #300 monthly security fair meant to maintain the bakassi boys dat was between 2001- 2004. despite all the exchange of millions daily. .
I think its the government way of supporting the populace. .

again try check central bank figures of bank activities per state.

u can also compare the number of bank branches per state

1 Like

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by lawani: 8:13am On Jun 16, 2015
patmaine:

simple question.

osun state aka onigbese is so rich that it cant pay salary for eight months and counting. ..

Anambra state is so poor that it increased workers salary by 15% amidst penury.

dat osun state have igr of 1.6 billion monthly doesn't mean that more economic activity is going on there more than anambra state which have igr of 1.1 billion

I can confidently tell u dat anambra government re not serious with taxation. .I am from nnewi. and my dad is living at Nnewi doing business at both nnewi and onitsha.
he is a major distributor to engine oil manufacturer and lubricants. . (hydraulic oil transmission oil etc) he is also a major dealer to a filter manufacturer. ..
I can confidently tell you dat the only money he ever payed to the government was #300 monthly security fair meant to maintain the bakassi boys dat was between 2001- 2004. despite all the exchange of millions daily. .
I think its the government way of supporting the populace. .

again try check central bank figures of bank activities per state.

u can also compare the number of bank branches per state

You are now talking the way you should be talking. No need to get emotional or insultive. You have made a valid point and it applies to all states in Nigeria. There are engine oil dealers in Osun too. There are thousands who make millions from their farms without paying a dime of tax. This is why I said we have not scratched the surface of the GDP. With falling oil prices leading to bankrupt state governments, we will get there very soon.

Anambra will have higher cash mobilisation than Osun because of the traders in Onitsha. Those traders have formed cartels for many goods and they service a huge area, not only Anambra. Their profit margin is very low but they have huge transaction volumes unlike farmers or people in production and services who make well over 50 percent of revenue as profit.
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 16, 2015
lawani:

You are now talking the way you should be talking. No need to get emotional or insultive. You have made a valid point and it applies to all states in Nigeria. There are engine oil dealers in Osun too. There are thousands who make millions from their farms without paying a dime of tax. This is why I said we have not scratched the surface of the GDP. With falling oil prices leading to bankrupt state governments, we will get there very soon.

Anambra will have higher cash mobilisation than Osun because of the traders in Onitsha. Those traders have formed cartels for many goods and they service a huge area, not only Anambra. Their profit margin is very low but they have huge transaction volumes unlike farmers or people in production and services who make well over 50 percent of revenue as profit.

where did you get this.
Their profit margin is very low
but they have huge transaction volumes unlike farmers
or people in production and services who make well over
50 percent of revenue as profit.

the problem with you yorubas is that you so much believe in your own conjecture even when its not true. .

whoever told you every businessman at onitsha is a trader.
do you know a lot of the shop called traders are small and medium scale manufacturers .
who manufacture the product they sale.

guess what my dad use his boys quarter for. fabrication of range of springs.. for cars machines and different stuffs..at home.
I just gave u an instance. .
when you are involved in a process of buying and selling of a product the logical thing to do is find a cheaper alternative which always lead to self production

. Onitsha market service numerous small medium and large scale manufacturing company at anambra.
nkwo nnewi main market service numerous motor and motorcycle ( engine) parts production company. lots of parts written made in China re actually made in Nigeria. the national orientation agency have a lot to so to change Nigerians attitude to locally made goods. .

do you kno cutix cable and kabelmetal re among the best wire and cable companies worldwide. .cutix is located at Nnewi owned by indigen...

1 Like

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by lawani: 11:59pm On Jun 16, 2015
patmaine:

where did you get this.
Their profit margin is very low
but they have huge transaction volumes unlike farmers
or people in production and services who make well over
50 percent of revenue as profit.

the problem with you yorubas is that you so much believe in your own conjecture even when its not true. .

whoever told you every businessman at onitsha is a trader.
do you know a lot of the shop called traders are small and medium scale manufacturers .
who manufacture the product they sale.

guess what my dad use his boys quarter for. fabrication of range of springs.. for cars machines and different stuffs..at home.
I just gave u an instance. .
when you are involved in a process of buying and selling of a product the logical thing to do is find a cheaper alternative which always lead to self production

. Onitsha market service numerous small medium and large scale manufacturing company at anambra.
nkwo nnewi main market service numerous motor and motorcycle ( engine) parts production company. lots of parts written made in China re actually made in Nigeria. the national orientation agency have a lot to so to change Nigerians attitude to locally made goods. .

do you kno cutix cable and kabelmetal re among the best wire and cable companies worldwide. .cutix is located at Nnewi owned by indigen...

A huge percentage of activities in Onitsha market is trading goods that were imported. No doubt some manufacturing is going on as you rightly stated that a trader will eventually find a means of manufacturing. These spare parts traders deal largely in used auto parts imported from abroad. There are fabrication workshops definitely and machine parts are made in the country but our major impediments are infrastructure and no materials industry. It makes us lose competitiveness. I nearly did my IT in Makstech in Ilesa in 2000, a company owned by Prof Makanjuola where all sorts of machine parts are fabricated. They always have a queue of orders. So I know fabrication is going on in Nnewi however the bulk of the activities is trading in both used and new auto parts. When we solve our infrastructure and materials industry challenge, that is when the production of machine parts will go into full swing all over the country. There is no machine part that can not be replicated in the hundreds of fabrication workshops in the country. The problem is economic viability. I agree that the people in Nnewi are really trying. Other people are involved in other types of production which they see as more profitable. I however don't agree that the huge transactions in Anambra is used in buying mainly made in Nnewi products. That can't be true since most of the parts are fairly used.

Cutix is a good example of how to do business. I hope they go from strength to strength. There is one company in Ilesa that tried to do all that but didn't succeed. Its still a small company today. ASWIL Nigeria Limited.
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 17, 2015
lawani:
[s]

A huge percentage of activities in Onitsha market is trading goods that were imported. No doubt some manufacturing is going on as you rightly stated that a trader will eventually find a means of manufacturing. These spare parts traders deal largely in used auto parts imported from abroad. There are fabrication workshops definitely and machine parts are made in the country but our major impediments are infrastructure and no materials industry. It makes us lose competitiveness. I nearly did my IT in Makstech in Ilesa in 2000, a company owned by Prof Makanjuola where all sorts of machine parts are fabricated. They always have a queue of orders. So I know fabrication is going on in Nnewi however the bulk of the activities is trading in both used and new auto parts. When we solve our infrastructure and materials industry challenge, that is when the production of machine parts will go into full swing all over the country. There is no machine part that can not be replicated in the hundreds of fabrication workshops in the country. The problem is economic viability. I agree that the people in Nnewi are really trying. Other people are involved in other types of production which they see as more profitable. I however don't agree that the huge transactions in Anambra is used in buying mainly made in Nnewi products. That can't be true since most of the parts are fairly used.

Cutix is a good example of how to do business. I hope they go from strength to strength. There is one company in Ilesa that tried to do all that but didn't succeed. Its still a small company today. ASWIL Nigeria Limited.[/s]

Because you don't know where Delta Soap, A-Z oil, originated from doesn't mean you have to display your ignorance in industrial scale, all the floor mats, break pads, linding, steering covers, side mirrors originate from, Juhel is also down there in Awka, Gauze is another Pharmaceutical Company doing well in Awka while Neimeth have already bought acres of land to site theirs.

Lol at only trading that is going on in Anambra, Anambra informal sector alone can only be rival by those of Abia and Lagos maybe Kano. Trading contribute to 40% of economic activities in Anambra, manufacturing 20%, hotels, education and health care delivery another 10% others 10%, do you know how much sand dredging in River Niger, Water transportation and fishing are contributing to the tables of Anambra households. The most succesful transport coys still have their busiest terminals at Upper Iweka, i know you have not been to onitsha shoe site.

its nonsense for me to be here schooling you about Anambra and Osun State instead of Osun State and Ekwulobia

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by lawani: 8:54am On Jun 17, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Because you don't know where Delta Soap, A-Z oil, originated from doesn't mean you have to display your ignorance in industrial scale, all the floor mats, break pads, linding, steering covers, side mirrors originate from, Juhel is also down there in Awka, Gauze is another Pharmaceutical Company doing well in Awka while Neimeth have already bought acres of land to site theirs.

Lol at only trading that is going on in Anambra, Anambra informal sector alone can only be rival by those of Abia and Lagos maybe Kano. Trading contribute to 40% of economic activities in Anambra, manufacturing 20%, hotels, education and health care delivery another 10% others 10%, do you know how much sand dredging in River Niger, Water transportation and fishing are contributing to the tables of Anambra households. The most succesful transport coys still have their busiest terminals at Upper Iweka, i know you have not been to onitsha shoe site.

its nonsense for me to be here schooling you about Anambra and Osun State instead of Osun State and Ekwulobia

I said the bulk of activities in the market is trading, not bulk of activities in Anambra. Trading will result in huge transactions with low profit margins especially if it involves huge wholesalers. If you invest in sectors you dont have competitive advantage in like spare parts manufacturing, you will end up making less profit than others investing in sectors they have advantage. It is easier to make money in Agriculture than spare parts manufacturing in Nigeria for now. There are billions of dollars to be made in mere food production by just closing the gap between local production and local demand. The Nnewi people are really trying in spite of the odds and should be supported. They have chosen that path because they are spare parts dealers not necessarily because the returns are high. You dont need to school me, since you are all wise, then school the National Bureau of Statistics and Renaissance Capital, also African Development Bank. All of whom have noted that Osun's GDP is larger than that of Anambra. Your post has not negated what I wrote. It has not brought new insights into the thread and it doesnt prove Anambra has a higher GDP than Osun. I can see that you think Anambra's GDP and economic activities is second only to Lagos state.
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 17, 2015
lawani:

I said the bulk of activities in the market is trading, not bulk of activities in Anambra. Trading will result in huge transactions with low profit margins especially if it involves huge wholesalers. If you invest in sectors you dont have competitive advantage in like spare parts manufacturing, you will end up making less profit than others investing in sectors they have advantage. It is easier to make money in Agriculture than spare parts manufacturing in Nigeria for now. There are billions of dollars to be made in mere food production by just closing the gap between local production and local demand. The Nnewi people are really trying in spite of the odds and should be supported. They have chosen that path because they are spare parts dealers not necessarily because the returns are high. You dont need to school me, since you are all wise, then school the National Bureau of Statistics and Renaissance Capital, also African Development Bank. All of whom have noted that Osun's GDP is larger than that of Anambra. Your post has not negated what I wrote. It has not brought new insights into the thread and it doesnt prove Anambra has a higher GDP than Osun. I can see that you think Anambra's GDP and economic activities is second only to Lagos state.

you keep yapping about the agriculture in osun. as a geologist I know anambra state fall in the benue trough ( the soil formattion) so naturally its vegetation is thick) meaning land very rich for agriculture. .
Anambra has been producing rice in commercial quantity.
palm oil..yam ..cocoyam. kola nut..bitter kola..vegetables. cassava. ..

mr obiano under a year of assuming office attracted private investors to the agricultural sector to the tune of $2 billion. this is because having come from anambra north the agricultural belt of the state he recognize the importance. ..

the otuocha area re basically fishermen and rice farmers

even my hometown nnewi with all d development the people still make time to farm because its part and parcel of the culture which can't be taken away...

my dad even at his age u can't make him quit farming. .
he plant yam maize. vegetables. ..an average nnewi family dont buy pepper. .vegetables. .maize..cocoyam from the market except the americanised ones.

pls don't keep talking about farm as ifbits exclusive to the osun..

do u kno anambra have a private refinery dat pump 20000 barrels per day. ..note they can only be made oil producing if only they can get production to 60000. its still under construction though. .

2 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by lawani: 7:12pm On Jun 17, 2015
patmaine:

you keep yapping about the agriculture in osun. as a geologist I know anambra state fall in the benue trough ( the soil formattion) so naturally its vegetation is thick) meaning land very rich for agriculture. .
Anambra has been producing rice in commercial quantity.
palm oil..yam ..cocoyam. kola nut..bitter kola..vegetables. cassava. ..

mr obiano under a year of assuming office attracted private investors to the agricultural sector to the tune of $2 billion. this is because having come from anambra north the agricultural belt of the state he recognize the importance. ..

the otuocha area re basically fishermen and rice farmers

even my hometown nnewi with all d development the people still make time to farm because its part and parcel of the culture which can't be taken away...

my dad even at his age u can't make him quit farming. .
he plant yam maize. vegetables. ..an average nnewi family dont buy pepper. .vegetables. .maize..cocoyam from the market except the americanised ones.

pls don't keep talking about farm as ifbits exclusive to the osun..

do u kno anambra have a private refinery dat pump 20000 barrels per day. ..note they can only be made oil producing if only they can get production to 60000. its still under construction though. .

Onitsha is just lucky with government and multinational's patronage. Ilesa has been an urban center for centuries while Onitsha was just a cluster of villages. Yet all developments in ilesa area were initiatives of Ijeshas. I guess we have to do more and we will. The SABMiller expansion would have been in Ilesa but I guess the Osun governor failed to come up with money as promised. You can still pass your message across without using foul language like yapping and etc if you try. No need for all that. Again, what the Renaissance report is saying is that the total value of production coming out of Osun exceeds that of Anambra. This may be hard for you to come to terms with but it is the plain truth. Cassava, yams, kolanuts, catfish, eggs, chicken, palmoil, cocoa, catfish, coffee, cotton, maize, services of all kinds, trading, okra, timber, plastics, nylon, and hundreds of other products. Remember that if cocoa, kolanuts and coffee brings 1.5 billion dollars a year, that's just a bonus because most farm owners have other sources of income. Some don't even visit the farms. Cocoa, coffee and Kola are like oil wells to the owners. Also, Anambra can't be an oil producing state just because they have a refinery, no matter the capacity of the refinery, otherwise Kaduna will also be one. The oil discovered in that area has been determined to belong to Kogi state not Anambra. There are hundreds of products coming out of Anambra but Osun's appear to be more. One indication is the IGR.
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 17, 2015
lawani:

Onitsha is just lucky with government and multinational's patronage. Ilesa has been an urban center for centuries while Onitsha was just a cluster of villages. Yet all developments in ilesa area were initiatives of Ijeshas. I guess we have to do more and we will. The SABMiller expansion would have been in Ilesa but I guess the Osun governor failed to come up with money as promised. You can still pass your message across without using foul language like yapping and etc if you try. No need for all that. Again, what the Renaissance report is saying is that the total value of production coming out of Osun exceeds that of Anambra. This may be hard for you to come to terms with but it is the plain truth. Cassava, yams, kolanuts, catfish, eggs, chicken, palmoil, cocoa, catfish, coffee, cotton, maize, services of all kinds, trading, okra, timber, plastics, nylon, and hundreds of other products. Remember that if cocoa, kolanuts and coffee brings 1.5 billion dollars a year, that's just a bonus because most farm owners have other sources of income. Some don't even visit the farms. Cocoa, coffee and Kola are like oil wells to the owners. Also, Anambra can't be an oil producing state just because they have a refinery, no matter the capacity of the refinery, otherwise Kaduna will also be one. The oil discovered in that area has been determined to belong to Kogi state not Anambra. There are hundreds of products coming out of Anambra but Osun's appear to be more. One indication is the IGR.

I give up on you

did you personally determine the oil to belong to kogi or you wish it to belong to kogi.

onitsha isn't lucky they made thr luck.

the 20000 barrels per day is being pumped from oil block in Anambra.
stop spreading fake news dude. you kno nothing about anambra
the fact you said onitsha is a cluster of villages gave you up.
onitsha lying in d banks of the most popular and longest river in Africa its common sense that business activities will be going on

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by VintageCocktail(m): 8:06pm On Jun 17, 2015
lawani:

Hyping is natural. Too lazy to type sha.

1 Like

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 17, 2015
lawani:

igr ke igr ni
kashamu just donate 30 trailer of rice
I just donate 1 sachet of maggi

workers re dying like bird

1 Like

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 17, 2015
Imagine the moroon saying Onitsha is enjoying government patronage and is a clusters of villages.

I regret even being on this thread because i thought human was typing never knew a goat was on the keypad.
Keep siting in ibadan and be throwing figures around while the world is donating aids for u

patmaine:

I give up on you

did you personally determine the oil to belong to kogi or you wish it to belong to kogi.

onitsha isn't lucky they made thr luck.

the 20000 barrels per day is being pumped from oil block in Anambra.
stop spreading fake news dude. you kno nothing about anambra
the fact you said onitsha is a cluster of villages gave you up.
onitsha lying in d banks of the most popular and longest river in Africa its common sense that business activities will be going on

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

J Martins Alleges Threat To Life For Exposing Election Malpractices In Abia / 11 Newly-promoted Commissioners Of Police Decorated / Pictures Of Ugwuanyi, Chime And Akpabio Performing A Traditional Dance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.