Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Over 1,000 Ghost Workers Uncovered In Niger State - Brainnews - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 1,000 Ghost Workers Uncovered In Niger State - Brainnews (5505 Views)

N-Power Fraud: Top Officials In Buhari Government Infused 70,000 Ghost Names / FG Hints At Salary Increase For Civil Servants, Uncovers ‘5,000’ Ghost Workers / FG Discovers 70,000 Ghost Workers Through IPPIS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 1,000 Ghost Workers Uncovered In Niger State - Brainnews by MrTrend(m): 6:40am On Sep 29, 2019
Niger State government has uncovered over 1,000 ghost workers following a verification exercise conducted by a committee set up by the government, Brainnews report.

According the reports, it was discovered that some of the civil servants in the state collect double salaries while further investigations showed those whose names appear in the payment vouchers but are not in the nominal roll of the state government.

The Chairman of the Chairman of the Committee on Civil Servants Salary Management and Verification, Engineer Ibrahim Mohammed Panti revealed this to journalists after the submission of the Committee’s report to the state government.

“The discrepancies discovered in the course of the committee’s work include duplication of Bank verification number (BVN), multiple bank accounts number of some staff, duplication of civil servant control and identification numbers as well as some staff names appearing in payment vouchers but could not be found in the nominal roll with office of the Head of Service.

“The state’s staff strength of over 27,000 people have so far been reduced to about 26,000 while some few ghost workers have also been discovered by the committee.”

“The committee will not pay October salary to any of the MDAs that refuse to submit theirs on or before 2nd October.”

See more at: https://www.brainnewsradio.com/over-1000-ghost-workers-uncovered-in-niger-state/

2 Shares

Re: Over 1,000 Ghost Workers Uncovered In Niger State - Brainnews by Rootprof(m): 6:59am On Sep 29, 2019
Niger state again Why is bad news coming out from Niger state this days,from murder to suicide to kidnapping to students fighting to thief being electrocuted to parents killing their own child.... May God heal the state real quick

1 Like

Re: Over 1,000 Ghost Workers Uncovered In Niger State - Brainnews by MrTrend(m): 7:03am On Sep 29, 2019
Rootprof:
Niger state again Why is bad news coming out from Niger state this days,from murder to suicide to kidnapping to students fighting to thief being electrocuted to parents killing their own child.... May God heal the state real quick

Amen cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 1,000 Ghost Workers Uncovered In Niger State - Brainnews by Risingblue008(m): 7:05am On Sep 29, 2019
Yaya bello,pity for ur state now,I beg pity dem,na beg I dey beg bfor thunder strike u
Re: Over 1,000 Ghost Workers Uncovered In Niger State - Brainnews by Healthwise2(m): 7:05am On Sep 29, 2019
Ghost workers again?...... The real ones never belleful o.
Re: Over 1,000 Ghost Workers Uncovered In Niger State - Brainnews by Nobody: 7:05am On Sep 29, 2019
Majority of Nigerians are greedy and lazy

1 Like

Re: Over 1,000 Ghost Workers Uncovered In Niger State - Brainnews by Deomovies: 7:06am On Sep 29, 2019
And those people will say Nigeria Government is corrupt. Meanwhile, you can get Latest and Top Rated hundreds of Movies and Series in HD quality into your External drives and PCs at affordable prices. Lagosians and non Lagosians, please help a bro today by patronizing, that's a best gift for Movies Junkies.
Re: Over 1,000 Ghost Workers Uncovered In Niger State - Brainnews by sylve11: 7:08am On Sep 29, 2019
Risingblue008:
Yaya bello,pity for ur state now,I beg pity dem,na beg I dey beg bfor thunder strike u

SMH sad cool
Re: Over 1,000 Ghost Workers Uncovered In Niger State - Brainnews by Deasegun19(m): 7:13am On Sep 29, 2019
not a surprise... I stayed in Bida for a while, Most of them do not go to work. them go dey form father's land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over 1,000 Ghost Workers Uncovered In Niger State - Brainnews by Oloyedecherry: 7:14am On Sep 29, 2019
It's simple now....Let those that have been chopping the money vomit it na..
Re: Over 1,000 Ghost Workers Uncovered In Niger State - Brainnews by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:16am On Sep 29, 2019
jerry447:
Yes, most of them are.You are very right with this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 1,000 Ghost Workers Uncovered In Niger State - Brainnews by fablani(m): 7:17am On Sep 29, 2019
is not a new thing hete in the north. they are too lazy and illiterate to work but they are on govt payrolls
Re: Over 1,000 Ghost Workers Uncovered In Niger State - Brainnews by Digipro: 7:26am On Sep 29, 2019
Wow

Do you need extra income online?
Did you know that, you can make over 200k every month online with KREATE1000 partnership program? Check Here for more details
Re: Over 1,000 Ghost Workers Uncovered In Niger State - Brainnews by lyriclekidd(m): 7:26am On Sep 29, 2019
No be new thing like issac.
Re: Over 1,000 Ghost Workers Uncovered In Niger State - Brainnews by SavageResponse(m): 7:26am On Sep 29, 2019
Country of thieves!
Re: Over 1,000 Ghost Workers Uncovered In Niger State - Brainnews by HOMEBASE1NIGER: 7:26am On Sep 29, 2019
Deasegun19:
not a surprise...
I stayed in Bida for a while, Most of them do not go to work.
them go dey form father's land.
In Niger State we have the most clueless Governor ever lived. and even us the Masses are not helping the matters, most especially Civil servants.#Next Level in Niger State na scam. Gov. Sani Bello na scam. #APC scam.

2 Likes

Re: Over 1,000 Ghost Workers Uncovered In Niger State - Brainnews by malanado: 7:27am On Sep 29, 2019
wow my state on day play with fraud, this is the the most tax state in Nigeria if pure water they pay tax but no development local gov go collect money pocket am
Re: Over 1,000 Ghost Workers Uncovered In Niger State - Brainnews by GeoAfrikana(m): 7:28am On Sep 29, 2019
jerry447:

Ask yourself that sincere question.

Would you have reported the glitch if your account was being credited for a job you're not doing.

We all need to ask ourselves. And be honest with ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Over 1,000 Ghost Workers Uncovered In Niger State - Brainnews by EternalBeing: 7:30am On Sep 29, 2019

3 Likes

Re: Over 1,000 Ghost Workers Uncovered In Niger State - Brainnews by HOMEBASE1NIGER: 7:31am On Sep 29, 2019
MrTrend:

Amen cry
AMEN� AND LEAD MY GOVERNOR TO THE RIGHT PATH. LONG LIVE Edati LGA Niger State
LONG LIVE NIGER STATE
LONG LIVE NIGERIA
Re: Over 1,000 Ghost Workers Uncovered In Niger State - Brainnews by UMORU9: 7:32am On Sep 29, 2019
THAT IS GOOD
Re: Over 1,000 Ghost Workers Uncovered In Niger State - Brainnews by Penywise(m): 7:33am On Sep 29, 2019
It's everywhere, especially in Enugu. Government need to check UNTH Ituku Ozala
Re: Over 1,000 Ghost Workers Uncovered In Niger State - Brainnews by careytommy37(m): 7:34am On Sep 29, 2019
Only?
I'm sure these are just the dead ones who have stopped making withdrawals from their account so the bank took notice.
Re: Over 1,000 Ghost Workers Uncovered In Niger State - Brainnews by Cutehector(m): 7:44am On Sep 29, 2019
Deasegun19:
not a surprise...
I stayed in Bida for a while, Most of them do not go to work.
them go dey form father's land.
I am currently in bida sef, I havent met any dumb set of people in my entire life than these nupe people here( not all though but many)

1 Like

Re: Over 1,000 Ghost Workers Uncovered In Niger State - Brainnews by kings09(m): 7:59am On Sep 29, 2019
Oloyedecherry:
It's simple now....Let those that have been chopping the money vomit it na..
Northerners don't haunt themselves

1 Like

Re: Over 1,000 Ghost Workers Uncovered In Niger State - Brainnews by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 29, 2019
Happens everywhere across the country and yet they will be shouting for the heads of those g-boys who focus on the greed of the foreigners...
Re: Over 1,000 Ghost Workers Uncovered In Niger State - Brainnews by seanjy4konji: 8:23am On Sep 29, 2019
just collecting salary without working...

who doess that?
Re: Over 1,000 Ghost Workers Uncovered In Niger State - Brainnews by bossrillboss: 9:21am On Sep 29, 2019
after kogi na Niger State b d most useless state fir Nigeria.very lazy nd dumb set of pple.na only to Bleep nd marry dem get sense put.smbdy go siddon for house nd cant even read or write bt e go dem government payroll.dat state na scam.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture This: Ijaws Imagine If Igbos Didn't Have Oil And Gas[pictures] / Independence: Don’t Lose Hope, Help Is On The Way, PDP Urges Nigerians / Obasanjo The Greatest President Nigeria Has Ever Had

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.