Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani (5515 Views)

Here Is What Lord Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo / Presidential Tribunal : My Father Told Me Atiku Is Born Nigerian- Pdp’s Witness / What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by sirjamesjnr(m): 10:16am On Sep 18, 2020
"Hausa-Fulani is a conjecture used to categorize the majority of Northern people. Let me say that is faulty and myopic. The North is not all Hausa-Fulani, neither are all Hausas and Fulanis muslims. There is a great Christian population in Kano, Jos, Katsina and Kaduna. Most times people regard the Northerners as being religiously intolerant. I think Igbos are more religiously intolerant. I have seen many Hausa and Fulanis Christians (and some are my friends) but I've seen just two Igbo Muslims (and these two are often given the treatment of lepers amidst other Igbos).

That said, I'd posit that the true accusation against the Northerners is religious inflexibility. A Northerner is not always willing to have a change of mind on religious issues. As a matter of fact, this is not only religiously. The Hausa-Fulani people are highly conservative, tending to latch on more tenaciously to beliefs and ideals once they have been internalized. And they are ready to put their lives on the line to preserve and protect those ideals because, well, what else is acceptable other than this perspective we have, they think. I'm not saying Northern conservatism is wrong. I'm saying that it often becomes the spur or the excuse for violent behavior as elicited often by the Hausa-Fulani person. Yes, there are educated Northerners who have developed some degree of flexibility and objectivity towards matters(and by educated, I mean having experienced Western education, which teaches one scientific enquiry). These educated ones, however, are in the minority. It seems almost like there is a conspiracy of some sort, where the oligarchs in the North prefer for their people to remain uneducated enough as to retain easy malleability and maneuverability.

The Hausas are also not very ambitious (at least not as dangerously ambitious as the Igbos). Most of them living in the South are pretty much satisfied living a nomad's life. They believe in simpler virtues such as hardwork, contentment and honesty. Fulanis, for their part, are ambitious almost solely towards the political sector. This, I presume, is a lingering instinct from the great Fulani kingdom established by Usman Dan Fodio. The Hausa-Fulani people can be very agreeable and friendly to other people - they already are exceptionally friendly to themselves - if you stay out of their way of doing things and, oh, if you speak their language. However, being faced with a fast-paced, ever-changing world, the Northerner is wont to have a repugnant view of certain widely accepted standards and is not shy to pick up a sword if need be".
Healthy contributions are welcome.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by ajailer(m): 12:46pm On Sep 18, 2020
This write up just hits the nail on the head in regards to each tribe towards religion. The igbos are the most intolerant in terms of religion, hardly will you see a Muslim Igbo but with other tribes, a mix of the religion is common in many families. Above all, the Yorubas are the most tolerant towards religion in Nigeria.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by Arrewa: 12:47pm On Sep 18, 2020
Let me still make this clear!

The power the north posses is unity in diversity!

Do you know that we have More than 500 tribes in the north?? Yes we have over 500 tribes in the north.

Most of you think the north is about Hausafulani.

Hausa is a General language in the north.

Arewa is our identity...

We have thousands of Christians in the north!

The north is not all about Islam!

The Hausa Christians worship their God... Whitout insulting Islam.

Muslims in the north worship Allah whitout insulting Christianity.

There is a mutual respect and understanding.

That's why you will never hear of Hausafulani Christians fighting.

The fight is always between the Igbos and the north.

The north is more tolerant than the east.

We don't care about what you worship.

Just respect yourself...

But in the east... An igbo Muslim is just like an endangered animal.

When it comes to hatred and bigotry... Leave am for Easterners!

If you come to the north... You'll hardly differentiate between, Hausa, Fulani, kanuri, zuru, Babur, and other tribes here

That's why they call northerners Abokkii in the east regardless of their tribe.

Another factor that is uniting the north is the hatred coming from the south.

When they want to condemn and insult Hausafulanis...

They will insult and Condem the whole north.

Any small thing... You'll hear northerners!

The north is united... And growing stronger than ever before!

The hatred is only making us stronger and conscious of our enemies

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by sirjamesjnr(m): 12:49pm On Sep 18, 2020
DCmonster:
God punish you and that your mutherfucking father. May devil suck you both balls.
. Bros you got to be calming down oooo better days ahead of you.

5 Likes

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by Arrewa: 1:00pm On Sep 18, 2020
DCmonster:
God punish you and that your mutherfucking father. May devil suck you both balls.

Igbo matter will kill you and your fellow ewedu gobbling morons and head slammers.
refute him with facts and stop being emotional

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by IamWonderful: 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2020
ok
Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by Onuoraijele: 1:11pm On Sep 18, 2020
Hmm

1 Like

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by mightyhazel: 1:16pm On Sep 18, 2020
85 percent of threads on nairaland is about igbos..

And u tell me this group is not special?

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by overall90: 1:16pm On Sep 18, 2020
igbos don suffer. grin

what your father told you about hausa- fulani and yet you still find a way to make it about igbos.
do you and your ignorant father know the meaning of intolerance?
that igbos are somehow a homogenous Christian group now makes them intolerance to other religion.
when did you hear about igbos rioting and beheading and parading the head in a spike of persons of other faith?
all these nonsenses because igbos have to share a country with idiot.s

71 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by mightyhazel: 1:18pm On Sep 18, 2020
Arrewa:
refute him with facts and stop being emotional
You are a dog flea...

refute this dogflea claim with facts and figures ... elaborate and illuminate with diagrams ,quotes etc.. and yes,..don't be emotional

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by mightyhazel: 1:23pm On Sep 18, 2020
Onuoraijele:
Op we don't hate anyone
lol.. u need tutorials on how to address compulsive haters

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by Arrewa: 1:30pm On Sep 18, 2020
mightyhazel:
You are a dog flea...

refute this claim with facts and figures ... elaborate and illuminate with diagrams ,quotes etc.. and yes,..don't be emotional
if you like insult from now till tomorrow.

I go continue dey hit una head with facts and will continue dey counter una lies

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by saaron(m): 1:39pm On Sep 18, 2020
Fulani Taqiyya.
Keep deceiving yourselves.

DISINTEGRATION OF NIGERIA WILL SAVE MILLIONS OF LIVES FROM ISLAMIC TERRORISM!! SUPPORT IT.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by Ikeast(m): 1:40pm On Sep 18, 2020
Op if you want to worship Allah, you can face the North or better-still stay in S.W..

We don't want anything like Islam in the East .........

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by Enudapan: 1:42pm On Sep 18, 2020
Nna eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

Unemployment is real
Be like say op the jobless shaa

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by sirjamesjnr(m): 1:42pm On Sep 18, 2020
Ikeast:
Op if you want to worship Allah, you can face the North or better-still stay in S.W..

We don't want anything like Islam in the East .........
. Clear example of religious intolerance....are you difference from the Government boys?

2 Likes

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by sirjamesjnr(m): 1:43pm On Sep 18, 2020
Enudapan:
Nna eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

Unemployment is real
Be like say op the jobless shaa
I am jobless looking for a job,do you have one for me?
Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by kettykin: 1:52pm On Sep 18, 2020
ajailer:
This write up just hits the nail on the head in regards to each tribe towards religion. The igbos are the most intolerant in terms of religion, hardly will you see a Muslim Igbo but with other tribes, a mix of the religion is common in many families. Above all, the Yorubas are the most tolerant towards religion in Nigeria.

how many people has igbos killed in the name of religion , why are you nigerians like this

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by Arrewa: 1:54pm On Sep 18, 2020
akpa666:
sense is far from you aboki Hausa Fulani are peaceful than Igbo kill you there who have shed more innocent blood in this country more than this blood thirsty Hausa Fulani abi make i start to count how many times you demonic posses soul have kill the Igbo's anuofia
should I also tell you how many innocent Nigerien migrants that were gruesomly murdered in the east in the name of of looking fur Hausafulani to kill?

4 Likes

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by Arrewa: 1:56pm On Sep 18, 2020
kettykin:

how many people has igbos killed in the name of religion , why are you nigerians like this
many innocent people were killed...

1 Like

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by TooMuchStuff: 2:04pm On Sep 18, 2020
Arrewa:
Let me still make this clear!
The power the north posses is unity in diversity!
Do you know that we have More than 500 tribes in the north?? Yes we have over 500 tribes in the north.
Most of you think the north is about Hausafulani.
Hausa is a General language in the north.
Arewa is our identity...
We have thousands of Christians in the north!
The north is not all about Islam!
The Hausa Christians worship their God... Whitout insulting Islam.
Muslims in the north worship Allah whitout insulting Christianity.
There is a mutual respect and understanding.
That's why you will never hear of Hausafulani Christians fighting.
The fight is always between the Igbos and the north.
The north is more tolerant than the east.
We don't care about what you worship.
Just respect yourself...
But in the east... An igbo Muslim is just like an endangered animal.
When it comes to hatred and bigotry... Leave am for Easterners!
If you come to the north... You'll hardly differentiate between, Hausa, Fulani, kanuri, zuru, Babur, and other tribes here
That's why they call northerners Abokkii in the east regardless of their tribe.
Another factor that is uniting the north is the hatred coming from the south.
When they want to condemn and insult Hausafulanis...
They will insult and Condem the whole north.
Any small thing... You'll hear northerners!
The north is united... And growing stronger than ever before!
The hatred is only making us stronger and conscious of our enemies
You never disappoint anyday any time as the undisputed bigot of irredeemeable proportion

The hausafulanis only need their own country where Sharia can be practiced without resistance
Weldone

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by Goodmarlian: 2:04pm On Sep 18, 2020
Op I was waiting for the Fulani- herdsmen are bokoharam part but you I will take you serious when you talk about that one ..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by UDUJ(m): 2:08pm On Sep 18, 2020
I think the op is just trying to create chaos with these 3 threads below.

There really is no need for this.

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by Gotze1: 2:20pm On Sep 18, 2020
DCmonster:

Igbo matter will kill you and your fellow ewedu gobbling morons and head slammers.
Osu, what has this got to do with yorubas, mumu

2 Likes

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by mightyhazel: 2:50pm On Sep 18, 2020
Arrewa:
if you like insult from now till tomorrow.

I go continue dey hit una head with facts and will continue dey counter una lies
Emotional outbursts upon outbursts..

Ordinary to refute claims you are already bleating like a lost ewe

5 Likes

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by DCmonster: 2:56pm On Sep 18, 2020
Gotze1:
Osu, what has this got to do with yorubas, mumu
Nigga, I didn't mention yorubas. I know you are Algae soup gobbling moozeslim. grin

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by BigSarah(f): 2:57pm On Sep 18, 2020
Honestly your father is jobless and myopic

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by sirjamesjnr(m): 3:00pm On Sep 18, 2020
BigSarah:
Honestly your father is jobless and myopic
. Child of dysfunctional family wouldn't hide anyday anytime. Counter my points with facts or crawl back into your hope.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aminu Masari: Nigeria Has Become Attractive To Kidnappers / Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos” – Femi Aribisala / US Leaders Recognizes Nnamdi Kanu; Shows Biafra Is Near – IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.