Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,316 members, 7,819,071 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! (19462 Views)

How To Link Your BVN To Your UBA Account Without Going To The Bank / GTB Account Issue / Please Everyone: Help! N174,800 Was Withdrawn From My UBA Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by Gaskia: 10:25pm On Sep 16, 2013
The bank just did the highest EYE SERVICE. I just found out that most of what the staff did was due to fear of being punished by therir control dept. I hear their control dept usually punish them for opening account without complete references.
How could the guy combine attending to customers complaints, opening accounts and going out to another bank to confirm reference? I understand he is the sole customer attendant in the whole branch.
Who are those that made the processes and policies?
Why sacrifice him instead of changing your anti customer polices and processes then caution him and correct him. Am sure he would have become a better person.
He committed no fraud, he was not insulting, he was just uncaring and afraid to bend the bank's written and unwritten rules?
What did their customer care head quarters do after the first email from the dissatisfied guy?
Did they contact the sacked branch to give directive on how best to handle?
Do they have a written document shown to the staff on how best to handle such situation?

This is oppression in my opinion. My account officer once worked in UBA b4 she was fired for not bringing money.
They sacrifice defenseless staff to save their poor faces.
The environment of most of their branches and almost nationwide poor customer service shows the have an endemic systemic problem, not the staff.

I feel bad about this. They should recall him .

2 Likes

Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by oba123: 1:39am On Sep 17, 2013
Quite sad. Like Gaskia said some bank operation staff work like dogmas cause dey re often sanctioned for thinking outside d box. The reason for the poor customer service u get in some of these banks. They will tell u policy says....forgetn dt policies re not there to cause dissatisfaction. The policy provides for alternatives(exceptions)but most of them don't want to go d extramile cos d branch profitability is not their kpi.
Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by Nobody: 6:52am On Sep 17, 2013
ukcars:

There is nothing interesting in someone being sacked
hmm, this will make everyone sit up. I honestly thought it is the policy of some banks to treat customers like poop.
Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by Exponental(m): 7:01am On Sep 17, 2013
Acidosis:

If I were in her shoes, I'd go and deposit the money some hours before 4pm
well, she's not a witch to predict what will happen in d nearest future....... She got d call abt 20-30minutes earlier
Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by sleekysol(m): 7:01am On Sep 17, 2013
Gaskia: The bank just did the highest EYE SERVICE. I just found out that most of what the staff did was due to fear of being punished by therir control dept. I hear their control dept usually punish them for opening account without complete references.
How could the guy combine attending to customers complaints, opening accounts and going out to another bank to confirm reference? I understand he is the sole customer attendant in the whole branch.
Who are those that made the processes and policies?
Why sacrifice him instead of changing your anti customer polices and processes then caution him and correct him. Am sure he would have become a better person.
He committed no fraud, he was not insulting, he was just uncaring and afraid to bend the bank's written and unwritten rules?
What did their customer care head quarters do after the first email from the dissatisfied guy?
Did they contact the sacked branch to give directive on how best to handle?
Do they have a written document shown to the staff on how best to handle such situation?

This is oppression in my opinion. My account officer once worked in UBA b4 she was fired for not bringing money.
They sacrifice defenseless staff to save their poor faces.
The environment of most of their branches and almost nationwide poor customer service shows the have an endemic systemic problem, not the staff.

I feel bad about this. They should recall him .
. Exactly what I was trying to say too much policy too much fear of loosing your job yet customers are not dully informed through social medias on these policies. Hence customers see the staff as the problem not the bank.

1 Like

Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by luluosas(m): 7:02am On Sep 17, 2013
Although I am NOT happy the guy lost his/her job but, everyone should be held responsible for failure to do what he/she was being paid to do.
Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by eyoiba(m): 7:34am On Sep 17, 2013
grin
kulex2k1:

I just hope d guy doesnt know where to find you....lol

Na me sack am? grin[quote author=kulex2k1]

He went against the oat he swore at the begining of his employment and he got yanked.
Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by eyoiba(m): 7:39am On Sep 17, 2013
An0nimus: @OP so your neighbour shares his workplace's 'inhouse' newsletter with you? undecided. why do I keep getting this feeling this is some publicity stunt?

Oga, like seriously! I said "a caption" not the entire newsletter. If UBA is to do publicity you think this right way a corporate org will go about it
An0nimus: @OP so your neighbour shares his workplace's 'inhouse' newsletter with you? undecided. why do I keep getting this feeling this is some publicity stunt?

Oga, like seriously! I said "a caption" not the entire newsletter. If UBA is to do publicity you think this right way a corporate org will go about it
Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by alexvatt(m): 7:43am On Sep 17, 2013
Yes gtb ogba branch has a very poor customer service
Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by eyoiba(m): 7:49am On Sep 17, 2013
[quote author=aparata][/quote]
I dont need his salary 'cos i've got my own job. Im not happy that he lost his job but if you've been "treated" by some bank staff, you will understand that example has to be set. He was employed to serve customer and intead of serving the customer he fraustrated him. is he not a clog in the wheels of the bank?.......................... figure it.
Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 17, 2013
sweetponmo:
Thanks for saving the guy's job. I hope that you guys have struck the chord of friendship after...

Of course, we became friends after the issue.
Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by alexvatt(m): 7:59am On Sep 17, 2013
If u are looking for the worst bank in Nigeria. It is keystone bank. This bank has a lot of unprofessional staffs. Infact all the staffs are completely nothing.
Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by Katier00(f): 8:38am On Sep 17, 2013
ukcars:

thank u dear
Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 17, 2013
Oro buruku tohun terin.
Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by Sidewapcom(m): 9:20am On Sep 17, 2013
ukcars:

He was sacked for misbehaving. Why would he put such an irresponsible act?
I remember when I wanted openin an account with GTB(Westminister,Lagos) the lady that attended to me talked to me as if I was a begger. I had to goto access bank. Thanks to mrs Bimbo. She attended to me wel and am a true custormer to the bank.
I luv that example. Who wan die make im start nw

1 Like

Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by Femsyn(m): 9:43am On Sep 17, 2013
What the bank guarded against was knowing for a fact that some prospective customers must have made a negative conclusion on the bank by that singular act and reacting accordingly. In my opinion, to save the face of bank, sack the employee to show they have control and discipline in place to serve as deterrent for errant employees; or put the staff on suspension, to save the staff's face and the tell the public they are at fault for not encouraging proactive training and recruiting competent staff.

I think the bank made the best choice.
Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by DECOtech(m): 10:07am On Sep 17, 2013
simplyOJ:
Ok. I hope it's not the one called Union; because they may not even be connected to read your complaint.
grin grin grin I no fit shout
Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by surveycash(m): 11:59am On Sep 17, 2013
ukcars:

And there is nothing interesting about not doing your job.

1 Like

Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by benkings(m): 12:05pm On Sep 17, 2013
END
TIME
THINGS
Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by skyface00(m): 1:30pm On Sep 17, 2013
Though am not hapi seeing anybody losin their job, they got messed up and finally nairaland opened nija eyes"""its high time for the whole wolrd 2 take us serious,nairaland its jst like freedom fighter,the only place u can express yourself with no fear,so hapi 2 be part of the generation of freedom fighters....yayaya 2 nairaland
Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by ud4u: 2:20pm On Sep 17, 2013
that's power of media, but there is no lie about that.
Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by sunch(m): 7:39am On Sep 25, 2013
eyoiba: I know you all still remember how a Nairalander dissatisfied with how he was treated at one of the UBA Branches took to the forum to express his frustration while trying to open an account with the Bank.

Well, when I got home I discussed the issue with a neighbor of mine who is a staff of UBA and also a Nairalander. He told me he has also seen the post and was very sad about the incident, that was on Thursday, 12 of September.

I got a call from him this morning that the bank’s Management got know about the issue posted on Nairaland (some UBA staff who are member of this forum promised to take up this issue and I guess they did) and the matter was investigated and the CSO (the guy that collected the account opening form from the Nairalander without doing anything) has been sacked and the BOM (the senior officer whom the CSO referred the Nairalander to) was placed on one month suspension without pay.

I didn’t believe it until my neighbor sent a clip of the weekly in house newsletter where the issue was reported (See below).

Though Nairaland was not mentioned in the article, but you will know that the case is the same as the one posted on Nairaland. Most of the time the Management don’t know what is happening at the branch level considering the size of an organization like UBA and some staff just act as they please even though the management frowns on issues like this especially when the Management is making strong efforts to reposition the Bank as a quality service provider .

I commend UBA for listening to the public perception of their services and taking immediate step to punishing the erring staff. This is shows the undeniable great influence Nairaland has on our society. Nairalanders, I hail thee!!! Afi igba te je ki she bo lowo bobo yen! (Your efforts led to the sacking of the guy!)
Below is the article:

ok
Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by wadetaw202: 11:05pm On Jul 29, 2016
ukcars:

There is nothing interesting in someone providing poor customer service.
Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by wadetaw202: 11:09pm On Jul 29, 2016
Katier00:
thank u dear

And who asked him not to do his job well? the sack is a reaction to his unethical action against his customer. You guys should know that customer is king, even if he only has 2kobo in his account for now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

One-stop-shop POS Machine to make money/Your digital service supermarket / Walmart In Nigeria / The Central Bank Of Nigeria - Owned And Controlled By 'the Rothschilds'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.