Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,616 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1097) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3490551 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1094) (1095) (1096) (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Seancombz: 8:51am On Sep 24, 2019
potosky:
please can you help me with 100-300 past questions?......am in my first year .09064895333 WhatsApp
sorry bro.i don't have any of the past questions u want.i hope someone on this forum will be able to help u out.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 10:05am On Sep 24, 2019
EXAM & PORTAL UPDATE!

There are simple things to know, that its ignorance could cost you money and wasted efforts.
To avoid that, simply note the following:

➡Negative wallet balance: No matter what it costs, go to your centre's ICT and clear your negative balance, if you still have it. Else, you may not be allowed to write exam.

➡Exam in another center: The era of writing exam in another centre is gone. Except it is officially done, you're only risking 'Missing results'

➡Exam Slip stamping: By now, exam slip stamping should be on in every centre. Though you can stamp a week before exam commences or first day of your exam, but with portal issue, which will likely come up during exams, you might be risking not writing some exams.
The earlier you stamp your exam slip, the better for you.

➡Exam aid candidates: if your Centre won't allow that you go in 30mins after exam starts, don't waste your money paying for anything. The earlier you start preparing, the better for you.
JOIN AN ACTIVE REVISION GROUP OR ATTEND A TUTORIAL NEARBY.

➡E-exam students:
Nothing beats Q & A sessions in a REVISION group. DM/Call to be part of that for your PLS(Programme, Level n Sem)
Also, you're advised to save screenshots of your TMA scores for proof of appropriate scoring when and where necessary.

➡POP Candidates:
Gather past questions.
Solve as many as you can.
Filter repeated and you stand a chance to have good grades.

➡POP FIRST EXAM DRAFT TIME TABLE:
If you have clashes in your POP exams in the first draft, you're advised to send mail stating your subject as 'EXAM CLASHES' and notifying the exam body via your HOD's mail or via dea@nou.edu.ng.
The earlier you do this, the better your chances of it being corrected and you facing two or three courses same day and time, hence affecting your scores and CGPA.
Neglecting this is at your own risk.

➡EXAM DEFERMENT:
You can defer your exams via your study centre director, if you're not ready to sit for it.

You just have to defer it and not neglect it.
Why?
Not deferring your exams ahead and not sitting for it causes automatic carry over and this mean you'll have to rewrite it the coming semester, with another payment for exam registration again.

Fortunately, by deferring it, you save money, no longer do [b]Course and Exam registration[b/] and sit for it when you want to, in the coming semesters. Again, deferment requests at your study center is FREE.
Below is what you need to know about deferment:
⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇

The Senate considered and deliberated on the report from the Committee on Deferment of Examinations.

It noted that in the spirit of Open and Distance Learning (ODL) and the flexibility that comes with the mode, a student is qualified for deferment of examination(s). The deferment permits a temporary postponement of participation in examination(s).

The highlights of the report include and not limited to the under listed:

Owing to the peculiarities of the Open and Distance Learning system which gives room for flexibility, students are allowed to defer their examinations as long as the following constitutions are met:

i) Such students must have fully registered for the semester

ii) Such students must have registered for the Examinations

iii) Application for deferment must be received before the start of examinations

· All applications are to be endorsed and forwarded to the Registrar through the Study Centre Directors.

· All applications should be backed with relevant documents and a desk officer in the Registry is assigned to check the authenticity of the documents

Students whose applications are received and approved and who have paid examination registrations fees before the examinations are not to pay registration fee for the same examinations when they are ready to take them.

· A dedicated portal would be opened within the time frame of one month before the commencement of examinations for deferment cases.

· The request for deferment attracts no fee.

Applications for deferment as a result of emergencies such as illness, accident, death or serious of person in the immediate family or other person with whom the student has a similarly close relationship, which requires the student’s attention, etc shall be addressed at the discretion of the Management.

Whilst approving the adoption of the policy, the meeting resolved that it took effect from March, 2015. It further mandated that copies of the said Policy be made available to members.

Simply follow the above instruction before applying for deferment.

➡ GSTs: GST TMA 2 IS OUT! If you're yet to see your in your GST portal, simply follow the simple steps you took to do 1 in order to do TMA2... Or wait till yours is uploaded.
Also note that GST TMAs are still very much opened till Exam starts, so don't panic and don't rush to scoring low marks.
You're on your own.

➡NOUN NEW SERVER:
It's been said, but unverified (till we see ourselves) that the portal being maintained, is being moved to another better server between Monday and Wednesday after which TMA2 would be activated around 11am.
This is expected to curb fraudulent wallet funding, recover some money and most importantly, for speed and steadfast availability.

We hope for better services when the portal opens.

Simply CALL/WHATSAPP detailed request if you need more clarity or other NOUN related issues.

MISHA CARES

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by cberryx: 10:48am On Sep 24, 2019
Enskynelson:

Sent

Please Enskynelson, can you send GST 807 past question to me.

Also, the pop exam draft time table.
Email address is jancol40@yahoo.com.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Seancombz: 12:44pm On Sep 24, 2019
Enskynelson:

Maths and English are both compulsory for ALL courses.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Xmen149(m): 8:24pm On Sep 24, 2019
Samisha500:
EXAM & PORTAL UPDATE!

There are simple things to know, that its ignorance could cost you money and wasted efforts.
To avoid that, simply note the following:

➡Negative wallet balance: No matter what it costs, go to your centre's ICT and clear your negative balance, if you still have it. Else, you may not be allowed to write exam.

➡Exam in another center: The era of writing exam in another centre is gone. Except it is officially done, you're only risking 'Missing results'

➡Exam Slip stamping: By now, exam slip stamping should be on in every centre. Though you can stamp a week before exam commences or first day of your exam, but with portal issue, which will likely come up during exams, you might be risking not writing some exams.
The earlier you stamp your exam slip, the better for you.

➡Exam aid candidates: if your Centre won't allow that you go in 30mins after exam starts, don't waste your money paying for anything. The earlier you start preparing, the better for you.
JOIN AN ACTIVE REVISION GROUP OR ATTEND A TUTORIAL NEARBY.

➡E-exam students:
Nothing beats Q & A sessions in a REVISION group. DM/Call to be part of that for your PLS(Programme, Level n Sem)
Also, you're advised to save screenshots of your TMA scores for proof of appropriate scoring when and where necessary.

➡POP Candidates:
Gather past questions.
Solve as many as you can.
Filter repeated and you stand a chance to have good grades.

➡POP FIRST EXAM DRAFT TIME TABLE:
If you have clashes in your POP exams in the first draft, you're advised to send mail stating your subject as 'EXAM CLASHES' and notifying the exam body via your HOD's mail or via dea@nou.edu.ng.
The earlier you do this, the better your chances of it being corrected and you facing two or three courses same day and time, hence affecting your scores and CGPA.
Neglecting this is at your own risk.

➡EXAM DEFERMENT:
You can defer your exams via your study centre director, if you're not ready to sit for it.

You just have to defer it and not neglect it.
Why?
Not deferring your exams ahead and not sitting for it causes automatic carry over and this mean you'll have to rewrite it the coming semester, with another payment for exam registration again.

Fortunately, by deferring it, you save money, no longer do [b]Course and Exam registration[b/] and sit for it when you want to, in the coming semesters. Again, deferment requests at your study center is FREE.
Below is what you need to know about deferment:
⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇

The Senate considered and deliberated on the report from the Committee on Deferment of Examinations.

It noted that in the spirit of Open and Distance Learning (ODL) and the flexibility that comes with the mode, a student is qualified for deferment of examination(s). The deferment permits a temporary postponement of participation in examination(s).

The highlights of the report include and not limited to the under listed:

Owing to the peculiarities of the Open and Distance Learning system which gives room for flexibility, students are allowed to defer their examinations as long as the following constitutions are met:

i) Such students must have fully registered for the semester

ii) Such students must have registered for the Examinations

iii) Application for deferment must be received before the start of examinations

· All applications are to be endorsed and forwarded to the Registrar through the Study Centre Directors.

· All applications should be backed with relevant documents and a desk officer in the Registry is assigned to check the authenticity of the documents

Students whose applications are received and approved and who have paid examination registrations fees before the examinations are not to pay registration fee for the same examinations when they are ready to take them.

· A dedicated portal would be opened within the time frame of one month before the commencement of examinations for deferment cases.

· The request for deferment attracts no fee.

Applications for deferment as a result of emergencies such as illness, accident, death or serious of person in the immediate family or other person with whom the student has a similarly close relationship, which requires the student’s attention, etc shall be addressed at the discretion of the Management.

Whilst approving the adoption of the policy, the meeting resolved that it took effect from March, 2015. It further mandated that copies of the said Policy be made available to members.

Simply follow the above instruction before applying for deferment.

➡ GSTs: GST TMA 2 IS OUT! If you're yet to see your in your GST portal, simply follow the simple steps you took to do 1 in order to do TMA2... Or wait till yours is uploaded.
Also note that GST TMAs are still very much opened till Exam starts, so don't panic and don't rush to scoring low marks.
You're on your own.

➡NOUN NEW SERVER:
It's been said, but unverified (till we see ourselves) that the portal being maintained, is being moved to another better server between Monday and Wednesday after which TMA2 would be activated around 11am.
This is expected to curb fraudulent wallet funding, recover some money and most importantly, for speed and steadfast availability.

We hope for better services when the portal opens.

Simply CALL/WHATSAPP detailed request if you need more clarity or other NOUN related issues.

MISHA CARES

question sir

when one defers exam does the TMA scores remain intact if not will he make any payments in regard TO THAT(taking the TMA)

and must the reason for deferment be life threatening.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 10:17pm On Sep 24, 2019
GovtPikin:
@Enskynelson please kindly forward all the MSc. Business Administration pass questions and TMAs to babscall@gmail.com. Thanks
Kindly list all your registered courses.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by EbunGift1(f): 10:48pm On Sep 24, 2019
Please anyone from Awa Ijebu study center?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by livinsoul: 7:36am On Sep 25, 2019
Is it still possible exam starts as per that timetable? With this shifting of goalpost when nouonline.com comes up?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by livinsoul: 7:37am On Sep 25, 2019
Also, has the UI of nairaland.com changed or it is my phone playing pranks on me?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by smokinloud(m): 9:06am On Sep 25, 2019
please guys when will admission start for 2920 session
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by livviee: 9:23am On Sep 25, 2019
Please guys can I defer this semester exams to next semester. Due to work I might not be able to sit for the exams.

Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Sukueponmalu: 9:41am On Sep 25, 2019
livinsoul:
Also, has the UI of nairaland.com changed or it is my phone playing pranks on me?
Naso we see am

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 10:27am On Sep 25, 2019
ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION

➡Noun Portal Is Closed For Maintenance! Services Will Resume On Wednesday 2nd October 2019!

➡Tma2 Will Commences On Same Day Wednesday 2nd October 2019!

➡Don't forget to prepare yourself for the forthcoming POP exam with past questions

All past questions available

Good morning! smiley

MISHA CARES

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 10:27am On Sep 25, 2019
smokinloud:
please guys when will admission start for 2020 session
JANUARY
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 10:28am On Sep 25, 2019
livviee:
Please guys can I defer this semester exams to next semester. Due to work I might not be able to sit for the exams.

Thanks
YES YOU CAN!
http://nou.edu.ng/announcements/policy-deferment-examinations
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 10:29am On Sep 25, 2019
Xmen149:

question sir

when one defers exam does the TMA scores remain intact if not will he make any payments in regard TO THAT(taking the TMA)

and must the reason for deferment be life threatening.
VISIT YOUR STUDY CENTRE...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by zyead: 5:49pm On Sep 25, 2019
Pls can you send me the gst 807 past question
udoh67@yahoo.com

cberryx:

Please Enskynelson, can you send GST 807 past question to me.

Also, the pop exam draft time table.
Email address is jancol40@yahoo.com.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mykelpato(m): 10:12pm On Sep 25, 2019
Who has successfully gotten his Transcripts from Noun, I need help on that.

BTW, (I'm applying to many universities for admission so I would like to get hold of it, not only sending to one institution)
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by cberryx: 12:40am On Sep 26, 2019
zyead:
Pls can you send me the gst 807 past question udoh67@yahoo.com
Hello, I don't have it yet.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by das2468: 9:10am On Sep 26, 2019
Please, I don't know if final exam time table is out.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by cletty: 10:37am On Sep 26, 2019
GovtPikin:
@Enskynelson please kindly forward all the MSc. Business Administration pass questions and TMAs to babscall@gmail.com. Thanks

Get it on Q and A app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tolu.qanda
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by cletty: 10:38am On Sep 26, 2019
Seancombz:
Pls.if u hav CSS 411(CONTEMPORARY ISSUES IN CRIMINOLOGY) and CSS 443-(TRAFFIC AND ROAD SAfETY) past questions,kindly send to daddypuff529@gmail.com.may God bls ya as u do.
Get it on Q and A app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tolu.qanda

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by 3RNEST(m): 10:39am On Sep 26, 2019
das2468:
Please, I don't know if final exam time table is out.
Expect it hopefully next month.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dangle: 11:11am On Sep 26, 2019
Good morning house. Please anyone that has Chm 406, 408,414,416,424,426 past questions should kindly send them to ****@gmail.com. Your kind response will be appreciated.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by iyatrustee(f): 1:09pm On Sep 26, 2019
Any information as to when stamping of Exam slip will commence in Abuja study center?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 1:25pm On Sep 26, 2019
dangle:
Good morning house. Please anyone that has Chm 406, 408,414,416,424,426 past questions should kindly send them to odus555@gmail.com. Your kind response will be appreciated.
Sent. Check your mail.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 1:27pm On Sep 26, 2019
Seancombz:
Pls.if u hav CSS 411(CONTEMPORARY ISSUES IN CRIMINOLOGY) and CSS 443-(TRAFFIC AND ROAD SAfETY) past questions,kindly send to daddypuff529@gmail.com.may God bls ya as u do.
Sent. Check your mail.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dangle: 2:53pm On Sep 26, 2019
Enskynelson:
Sent. Check your mail.
Seen. Thank you very much boss.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1094) (1095) (1096) (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) ... (1581) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.