Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3492732 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1106) (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) (1111) (1112) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by NOUNPortal: 9:39am On Nov 04, 2019
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LionInZion: 12:25pm On Nov 04, 2019
Please, any Business Education 200L second semester here?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 1:17pm On Nov 04, 2019
sojent:

Please am really confused GST107 has only 1 question. no bar for next question.
Yes! That is all you have, a YES or NO question.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 2:43am On Nov 05, 2019
NOW AVAILABLE!!!

1.NOUN PAST QUESTIONS 100L-800L (PGD, Msc &MBA)

2. COURSE MATERIALS ALSO AVAILABLE FOR ALL PROGRAMMEs )WE DELIVER TO YOUR DOOR STEP..

3. WE JUST HAVE 10DAYS OF SUBMITTING OUR TMA3 WHICH CLOSES ON THE 14TH OF NOVEMBER....

DISTANCE IS NOT A BARRIER......

CHAT US ON WHATSAPP OR CALL ☎

MISHA CARES
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by UncleSnr(m): 3:37pm On Nov 05, 2019
Someone shared this...

A CALL ON EFCC & ICPC TO PROBE THE MANAGEMENT OF NOUN OVER FEES COLLECTED FOR COURSE MATERIALS UNISSUED

It has become alarming to note that National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) the biggest or largest university in Africa in terms of students population is involved in such a magnitude of fraud per semester whereby thousands of her students will pay for course materials otherwise called " Course Registration" per semester and yet will not be issued such course materials (books) at various Study Centres across the country.

This is worst that, in most cases, throughout the programme duration of a student either for a Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree or higher, such materials are not made available. One can observe that even in few cases where Course Materials (books) are issued, the percentage of issuance is around 20 Percent out of the total number of courses registered (paid) by a student.

For example the average student in NOUN pays or spends around Twenty Five Thousand Naira (N25,000) per semester for course registration (books) ; yet, in most cases they won't be issued any course material by the school at various Study Centre across the country with a flimsy excuse from the School that the books are not available. Even in cases where course materials (books)are issued out of the above estimate, it won't be more than two (2) course material on a cost value of around Five Thousand Naira (N5000) out of the paid amount of Twenty-Five Thousand Naira ( N25,000) per semester. This is to say NOUN is collecting N20,000 - N25,000 from each student per semester under the disguise of course materials (books) they did not issue to them.

Lets us assume that the total number of Students that usually register for a semester in NOUN program is Eighty Thousand (80,000) ( Although the number could be more than that as NOUN student population is currently over One Hundred Thousand 100,000) per semester across Nigeria. Then, if we multiply the number of a student by the estimate of N20,000 they are collecting per students for non-issued course material (books) i.e N80,000 × N20,000 = N1,600,000,000 (One Billion Six Hundred Million Naira) collected per semester.

We began to wonder, how can a single institution collect such a huge amount of money from students per semester in the name of course materials (books) they never issued to anyone, and yet nobody is probing into such funds collected per semester. If we multiply that amount by the two (2) semester run by NOUN per year, it will amount to Three Billion Two Hundred Million Naira (N3,200,000,000) collected by NOUN authorities per year. After collecting such amount of money they will still not issue the books and forced students to go and download PDF materials from their website.

We, therefore, call on the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC), the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission ( ICPC) and other similar organizations to probe into this glaring ongoing fraud in NOUN.

Please, this message has to be shared until it gets to appropriate authorities for necessary actions.

By Concerned Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by evergreen9: 5:14pm On Nov 05, 2019
Hey guys, please does anyone know the requirements and how long it would take for one to get the 100L transcript from NOUN? I intend to use the 100L for something very important so it is imperative that I get this 100L transcript upon completion of the exams coming up. I would really appreciate if anyone here can offer some advise.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 05, 2019
UncleSnr:
Someone shared this...

Unless you are not a student of NOUN, I would advise you to mind your business, face your studies, and get your certificate. If you want to stand up to NOUN, you mustn't have anything to lose. In the name of bravery, some people have met their ends. Battles like this shouldn't be fought by students in this modern day Nigeria. History speaks volumes.

Uncle Snr., I am not referring to you. I am referring to the original writer of that write-up.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 05, 2019
I know how hard it can be for many who don't have access to course materials, and how expensive it can be to print them out when one does not have a printer. However, I advise that for those who want to study in NOUN and can afford to get a tablet, possessing a tablet would help them a lot. If they can acquire a good powerbank too, they will never regret it.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 05, 2019
This message is for the economic students in the house. I have been trying so hard to compile past questions on E-exams courses for 100 level and 200 level economics students, and it's been quite harduous. By 10th of November, I would have collected them all and make them available on the Q and A site.

However, there are already valuable past questions for all students (including economics students) on the Q and A site by other hardworking folks, and you can acquire them if you want. If you can't wait until I release mine, you really should go and acquire yours right now and start practicing.

If you are an 100 level or 200 level economics student, you can reach me on whatsapp by this number
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 05, 2019
evergreen9:
Hey guys, please does anyone know the requirements and how long it would take for one to get the 100L transcript from NOUN? I intend to use the 100L for something very important so it is imperative that I get this 100L transcript upon completion of the exams coming up. I would really appreciate if anyone here can offer some advise.

NOUN isn't in the habit of giving transcripts to someone (or sending transcript on behalf of someone to another institution) unless they have completed their course of study and already have their names on a graduation list. It's not clear why, but it's part of their policy. If anyone knows better, please help this folk.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sojent: 2:13am On Nov 06, 2019
Enskynelson:

Yes! That is all you have, a YES or NO question.

Thanks so much. Does the 10 marks goes for 1 question or the discussion questions.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 3:20am On Nov 06, 2019
NOW AVAILABLE!!!

2. COURSE MATERIALS ALSO AVAILABLE FOR ALL PROGRAMMEs )WE DELIVER TO YOUR DOOR STEP..

3. WE JUST HAVE 9DAYS OF SUBMITTING OUR TMA3 WHICH CLOSES ON THE 14TH OF NOVEMBER....

MISHA CARES
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by UncleSnr(m): 6:44am On Nov 06, 2019
evergreen9:
Call any of these Contacts: 08079618970, 08167424141, they will help you understand the process.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by UncleSnr(m): 6:47am On Nov 06, 2019
Ribasandez:

Unless you are not a student of NOUN, I would advise you to mind your business, face your studies, and get your certificate. If you want to stand up to NOUN, you mustn't have anything to lose. In the name of bravery, some people have met their ends. Battles like this shouldn't be fought by students in this modern day Nigeria. History speaks volumes.

Uncle Snr., I am not referring to you. I am referring to the original writer of that write-up.
Thanks for this.
What people don't know is that the eBooks are written by course developers, they're all being paid.
Just because you see it on the open e-courseware doesn't make it free.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 7:04am On Nov 06, 2019
sojent:

Thanks so much. Does the 10 marks goes for 1 question or the discussion questions.
It goes for the one 1 question.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by NOUNPortal: 2:21pm On Nov 06, 2019
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Greenarrow01(m): 4:39pm On Nov 06, 2019
NOUNPortal:
NEW INFO

> Check the NOUN NYSC Senate List ( Released a few days ago)

> Download Final e-Exam Timetable with Useful tips to Excel in Exams

> NOUN Convocation Ceremony Date Update

> New NOUN Graduation Requirement for 2020

> November 2019 NOUN List of Graduating Students

> How to Check NOUN Exams Result with Photos and illustration

MGT.

Pls help.. I want to register for noun.. Early childhood education.
I didnt write jamb.. The fees is not a problem.
But I noticed that the study centre is in Lagos.. I work and study in Kaduna state.
Will it affect my chances..?
Is jamb a requirement?
When is the next admission
How many years will a degree take.. Can I fast track the process like other online schools.
I am a student of Uopeople.. I just wanna have the open university degree as a security degree.
I owe where I work..so I can afford atleast 5 hours to study daily
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Greenarrow01(m): 4:40pm On Nov 06, 2019
But I noticed that the study centre is in Lagos.. I work and study in Kaduna state.
Is jamb a requirement?
How many years will a degree take.. Can I fast track the process like other online schools.
I am a student of Uopeople.. I just wanna have the open university degree as a security degree.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Greenarrow01(m): 4:40pm On Nov 06, 2019
Is jamb a requirement?
I owe where I work..so I can afford atleast 5 hours to study daily.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 7:13pm On Nov 06, 2019
Greenarrow01:
Is jamb a requirement?
I can help you. NOUN has two Study Centres in Kaduna and I am currently in KD. Message me.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 12:35am On Nov 07, 2019
NOW AVAILABLE!!!

3. WE JUST HAVE 8DAYS OF SUBMITTING OUR TMA3 WHICH CLOSES ON THE 14TH OF NOVEMBER....

MISHA CARES
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 5:42pm On Nov 07, 2019
UPDATE!!!

ENT210 AND ENT312 RESULTS ARE OUT, CHECK YOURS

THANKS

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 2:28am On Nov 08, 2019
NOW AVAILABLE!!!

3. WE JUST HAVE 7DAYS OF SUBMITTING OUR TMA3 WHICH CLOSES ON THE 14TH OF NOVEMBER....

MISHA CARES
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 2:29am On Nov 08, 2019
Deadline for Submission of Enterprise Business Plans (GST302)

3 weeks, 0 days, 21 hours, 7 minutes, 47 seconds left

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dungas30(m): 4:53am On Nov 08, 2019
my gurus pls help
I cant access my email account to retrieve my GST portal reset password... What kind i do plss
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dungas30(m): 5:42am On Nov 08, 2019
Pls will the Saturdayz elections in some particular state in the country affect Saturday examz
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 08, 2019
Please when is admission for 2019/20 session commencing ?

Or have I missed it already?

I need help with the procedure , mode of entrance and the apt time for registration.

I'm in Lagos.
And will be grateful for any help I can get here.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by FriendNG: 1:53pm On Nov 08, 2019
blizard44:
Please when is admission for 2019/20 session commencing ?

Or have I missed it already?

I need help with the procedure , mode of entrance and the apt time for registration.

I'm in Lagos.
And will be grateful for any help I can get here.

Asking for same?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by omotogoodo(m): 4:30pm On Nov 08, 2019
Each time I try to login to my Portal I get this error "Not allowed"

Somebody please help before TMA 3 ends.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1106) (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) (1111) (1112) ... (1581) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: thopesy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.