Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3483462 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1135) (1136) (1137) (1138) (1139) (1140) (1141) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 1:30pm On Jan 19, 2020
HAPPY SUNDAY!!!

AS YOU MAKE YOUR NEW YEARS RESOLUTION, ALWAYS REMEMBER TO MAKE YOUR ACADEMICS TOP PRIORITY

THE HOLIDAYS IS FINALLY OVER, SCHOOLS RESUMES OFFICIALLY

YOUR ACADEMICAL GOALS AND ASPIRATIONS SHOULD BE CLEARLY SPELT OUT FOR THE YEAR 2020

SUCCESS IS FOCUSING THE FULL POWER OF WHAT YOU ARE TO WHAT YOU HAVE A BURNING DESIRE TO ACHIEVE.

MAKE 2020 YOUR BEST YEAR ACADEMICALLY.

I WISH YOU A SUCCESSFUL SEMESTER

MISHA CARES

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 1:36pm On Jan 19, 2020
HOW TO CALCULATE YOUR FEES

(1) 41,000 compulsory fee UNDERGRADUATE new students
➡35,000 compulsory fee POSTGRADUATE new students

(2) 18,000 first semester and second semester compulsory fee for new or returning students

(3) 4 credit unit courses each 3,000 course registration

(4) 3 credit unit courses each 2,500 course registration
➡POSTGRADUATES- 3 credit unit 3,000 per course

(5) 2 credit unit courses each 2,000 course registration
➡POSTGRADUATES- 2 credit unit 2,500 per course

(6) 1 credit unit courses each 2,000 course registration

(7) each course exam registration for undergraduate 1000 while
Post graduate/masters 2000

(8 ) Project fee for undergraduate 15,000

(9) Project fee for post graduate 25,000

(10) Project fee for masters 40,000

(11) (I.T) Industrial Training fee 10,000

Compulsory fees + the number of your 3 credit unit courses + the number of your 2 credit unit courses +1000/2000 for each course as exam registration fee…………

EXAMPLE: I’m offering 8 courses this semester

3unit is 2500 x 2 = 5,000
2unit is 2000 x 6 = 12,000
Compulsory fee = 18,000
Exam fee 1000 x 8 = 8,000
OR
Exam fee 2000 × 8 = 16000

Total is 43,000 or 51,000

MISHA CARES

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Oby09(f): 5:08pm On Jan 19, 2020
Ribasandez:

Thank you and God bless you.

And I pray God gives you the strength to make your wishes come through.

What value does a man have if he focuses on his own ambitions alone, yet he has what it takes to shine a light in a dark world, to help give back feet to the handicapped, and to bring joy to the despondent.

To be honest with you, no matter how intelligent or talented a person may be, I have little respect for them if those qualities only affect their own lives and those of their immediate families.

There's nothing beautiful in intelligence and talent if it shines no light to the world.

Yeah, you've said it all. We should all endeavour to be useful members of our society. That settles it!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by studentarrive: 5:53pm On Jan 19, 2020
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 19, 2020
[quote author=Enskynelson post=85902350]
Use your same email and try again. I think it should go.[/quo
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 8:45pm On Jan 19, 2020
Aladegba:

Please if you are not in nigeria and you wanna do your msc with noun, is it compulsory you must come to nigeria study centre for exams or thesis and supervisor?
YES. All exams are written at the Study Centre and at the moment Centres outside Nigeria still remain plans in the pipeline.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 19, 2020
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 19, 2020
Enskynelson:

YES. All exams are written at the Study Centre and at the moment Centres outside Nigeria still remain plans in the pipeline.

Please explain deeper before i apply. Are you saying i can be in south africa and write my exams without coming to nigeria? What about supetvisor? Will he relate wiyh me via email?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Guestuser: 8:57pm On Jan 19, 2020
Aladegba:

Please explain deeper before i apply. Are you saying i can be in south africa and write my exams without coming to nigeria? What about supetvisor? Will he relate wiyh me via email?
No exams are conducted online.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by serex6: 9:41pm On Jan 19, 2020
They have changed PGD education minimum requirements from third class to now second class lower. Can people with third class but 5 years experience still go ahead and register?

Do I need to go to the study center to ask if I can apply?

Please experienced people answer me . ��
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by teenagersave: 9:52pm On Jan 19, 2020
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 10:23pm On Jan 19, 2020
Aladegba:

I mean, u cannot do the courses at the moment outside Nigeria because all the exams are written at the Study Centres and study centres currently don't operate outside Nigeria
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 10:24pm On Jan 19, 2020
teenagersave:
Any idea of wrong rrr after successful payment
Wolithout login in, click Check RRR and see if it is successful. After that, try and credit your wallet.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Rotimiseyi(m): 10:43pm On Jan 19, 2020
Good evening my people.
Please can someone with B. Sc third class apply for PGD education in NOUN. Secondly, between NTI and NOUN, which is cheaper to run and which one release certificate in good time. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Guestuser: 11:00pm On Jan 19, 2020
serex6:
They have changed PGD education minimum requirements from third class to now second class lower. Can people with third class but 5 years experience still go ahead and register?

Do I need to go to the study center to ask if I can apply?

Please experienced people answer me . ��
Lies
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Guestuser: 11:01pm On Jan 19, 2020
Rotimiseyi:
Good evening my people.
Please can someone with B. Sc third class apply for PGD education in NOUN. Secondly, between NTI and NOUN, which is cheaper to run and which one release certificate in good time. Thanks
Your answer is here
https://nou.edu.ng/programmes/postgraduate-diploma-education-pgde
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 19, 2020
Samisha500:
HOW TO CALCULATE YOUR FEES

(1) 41,000 compulsory fee UNDERGRADUATE new students
➡35,000 compulsory fee POSTGRADUATE new students

(2) 18,000 first semester and second semester compulsory fee for new or returning students

(3) 4 credit unit courses each 3,000 course registration

(4) 3 credit unit courses each 2,500 course registration
➡POSTGRADUATES- 3 credit unit 3,000 per course

(5) 2 credit unit courses each 2,000 course registration
➡POSTGRADUATES- 2 credit unit 2,500 per course

(6) 1 credit unit courses each 2,000 course registration

(7) each course exam registration for undergraduate 1000 while
Post graduate/masters 2000

(8 ) Project fee for undergraduate 15,000

(9) Project fee for post graduate 25,000

(10) Project fee for masters 40,000

(11) (I.T) Industrial Training fee 10,000

Compulsory fees + the number of your 3 credit unit courses + the number of your 2 credit unit courses +1000/2000 for each course as exam registration fee…………

EXAMPLE: I’m offering 8 courses this semester

3unit is 2500 x 2 = 5,000
2unit is 2000 x 6 = 12,000
Compulsory fee = 18,000
Exam fee 1000 x 8 = 8,000
OR
Exam fee 2000 × 8 = 16000

Total is 43,000 or 51,000

MISHA CARES
I will contact u sooner ,cuz all this calculation i no understand... Am still thinking between ibadan/ekiti study centre
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nounonline: 1:01am On Jan 20, 2020
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tociano009(m): 2:11am On Jan 20, 2020
Hello good evening here, please is it possible to study with Nou from Abroad.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by UncleSnr(m): 3:46am On Jan 20, 2020
tociano009:
Hello good evening here, please is it possible to study with Nou from Abroad.
It is not possible.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by UncleSnr(m): 3:48am On Jan 20, 2020
Rotimiseyi:
Good evening my people.
I don't know about the requirements, check their website nou.edu.ng.
NTI is still under NOUN, that is, their certificate is an affiliate of NOUN, I'll advise you go to the main source instead of affiliate.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Rotimiseyi(m): 5:37am On Jan 20, 2020
UncleSnr:
I don't know about the requirements, check their website nou.edu.ng.
NTI is still under NOUN, that is, their certificate is an affiliate of NOUN, I'll advise you go to the main source instead of affiliate.
Thanks so much bro
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by teekay213(m): 9:50am On Jan 20, 2020
nounonline:
USEFUL UPDATES FROM THE 20TH JANUARY 2020

> NEW NOUN ADMISSION CLOSING DATE ANNOUNCED

> NOUN PORTAL STUDENTS REGISTRATION GUIDE

> NOUN SCHOOL FEES UPDATE FOR 2020

> FIRST AND SECOND SEMESTER NOUN ACADEMIC CALENDAR

> 19TH NOUN STUDENTS MATRICULATION DATE

> HOW TO PRINT NOUN ADMISSION LETTER - The Right Way

MGT.
HI,is it possible for me to cancel my studentship with noun and start again by applying for an admission in the new center i want?
i'm in my second year,i missed my second semester reg last year because of change of center and my first semester result is bad.i want to start again,don't want a bad grade.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 10:24am On Jan 20, 2020
teekay213:
HI,is it possible for me to cancel my studentship with noun and start again by applying for an admission in the new center i want?
i'm in my second year,i missed my second semester reg last year because of change of center and my first semester result is bad.i want to start again,don't want a bad grade.
I think the best is to forget the former and start, just like you said. The only thing NOUN policy is against is running more than a course concurrently.
Conclusion, just go ahead with the new admission and forget the other one.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 10:43am On Jan 20, 2020
2020_1 SUMMARY FROM THE CALENDAR

New Students
1. Your Orientation comes up on 20th March (Please attend the Orientation at your study centres and ask questions based on what you've known about the school so far - anything about NOUN)

2. Your Matriculation would be held on 21st March (Please attend and ask for your faculty handbook and Polo-Shirt/Cap, all should be free that day)

Graduating Students
We would miss you but such is life, to stay at the top you have to keep up the struggles from one level to another. Your convocation would come up between 24th - 28th March. Go get the certificate you've been struggling for and improve your life with it.

General Info
1. Facilitation (Lectures) at all study centres and online at LCMS portal begins on 25th February, and ends on 30th April. You should also collect your Textbooks/Course materials at your study centre within same period.

2. Admissions and all registrations ends on 11th March.

3. IT/SIWES defense would run between 4th May to 3rd June.

4. Pen on Paper (PoP [Hand written]) examinations (It's for OLDER students 300L to 800L)begins on 3rd June and Ends on 24th June (Just 3 weeks - prepare for at least 2 exams daily)

5. E-Examination exercise (Computer Based [It's for new students 100L to 200L]) begins on 1st July and Ends on 22nd July (Just 3 weeks - prepare for at least 2 exams daily)

Schedule for Tutor Marked Assignment/Assessment (TMA)
TMA 1: Would run between 9th - 30th March (21 days)
TMA 2: Would run between 30th March - 20th April (21 days)
TMA 3: Would run between 20th April - 30th April (10 DAYS)

RELEASE OF RESULTS
The expected date for the release of results if it's accepted by the senate is 10th August, 2020.

Thanks and stay focused.

Macharthony Solutions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Breathtaker(m): 11:12am On Jan 20, 2020
Hello, if you are having issues with unique ID during application of NOUN PGD FORM, contact me let me help you out www.nounaid.com/contact
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by rrreer: 11:17am On Jan 20, 2020
NEGATIVE BALANCE!!!

To clear the minus sign showing on your portal now.

Login now , click on ewallet and then select view wallet.

Go back to your dashboard, and if the Negative sign (-) still shows do it continuously

NOTE:
DONT PAY ANY MONEY IN YOUR PORTAL WHEN YOUR WALLET SHOWS E.G -19000.

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by VIPERVENOM(m): 12:20pm On Jan 20, 2020
Hey guys i have a question. I submitted proposed project topics and was given a supervisor. But the supervisor says he doesn't like those topics & gave me a totally different topic. Won't that be an issue when i want to submit my project?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 1:02pm On Jan 20, 2020
VIPERVENOM:
Hey guys i have a question. I submitted proposed project topics and was given a supervisor. But the supervisor says he doesn't like those topics & gave me a totally different topic. Won't that be an issue when i want to submit my project?
Are u OK with the topic? If you are, go back to your study Centre and submit the approved topic to your study Centre. There's no issue.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ebije1(m): 1:17pm On Jan 20, 2020
hello. pls I want to know if I can still apply and get admitted into NOUN for the new session. pls anyone reply soon. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by rrreer: 1:18pm On Jan 20, 2020
NOTE:

REMITA not working at the moment. Everyone should just be patient for now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1135) (1136) (1137) (1138) (1139) (1140) (1141) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.