Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3487293 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1215) (1216) (1217) (1218) (1219) (1220) (1221) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by deebrane: 1:38am On Jun 20, 2020
Please, who has gotten the timetable and login details for the virtual
exam for undergraduates?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nounonline: 7:37am On Jun 20, 2020
These will help you to get started:

Get the Virtual Exams Timetable (ETT) from here

https://www.nouonlineportal.net/noun-virtual-examinations-date/

and Note the rules and regulations of the examination below

https://www.nouonlineportal.net/noun-virtual-examinations-rules/

MGT.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by qanda: 7:55am On Jun 20, 2020
-NOUN Course materials are available for FREE on Q and A App.

-Get Your NOUN Past Questions for ALL Departments on Q and A App

-CIT Past Questions and Answers for ALL Levels are available on Q and A App.

Install Q and A App from Playstore
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tolu.qanda
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by IYGEAL(m): 8:44am On Jun 20, 2020
naturalwaves:

I've seen some complains here and there anyway. Some people's course did not load as and when due and some other things. When I registered, a different date was given for commencement on the website. Only for it to carry another date of exam which is like 5 days before actual commencement on the timetable. If I hadn't checked the timetable, I wouldn't have known.

These were some of the anticipated irregularities that made me not opt for it. Also top of them is during the actual exams, whether some technical inadequacy may affect my overall performance and score.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by naturalwaves: 9:54am On Jun 20, 2020
IYGEAL:

These were some of the anticipated irregularities that made me not opt for it. Also top of them is during the actual exams, whether some technical inadequacy may affect my overall performance and score.
I finally did it. It was smooth. Maybe because I'm used to the Moodle interface that was deployed and because I'm an IT person. The process to install the Mettl extension is the place people will have issues. If you are not much into IT, it becomes a bit cumbersome.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 9:22pm On Jun 20, 2020
Undergraduate Online Exam starts on Monday 22nd June for the following students :
Faculty of Arts
Education
Agriculture
Health science
AND ALL GST COURSES
Please check the time table thoroughly
https://dea.nou.edu.ng/node/276819

Thanks

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by yungpounds(m): 5:45am On Jun 21, 2020
*EXAM IS COMING OOOOOOOOOOOO.....*���������
*Study oooo, make you no go dey blame CORONAL-VIRUS & LOCKDOWN PALAVA*

Are you ready for exams?... For *2020_1*Exams summary or Exam Key points* Well standard and rich with all vital information to spice you intellectually for exams

This advice is especially for *live questions seekers*
So if u get disappointed, u gonna have something to fall back on Or else, *NA FAILURE* which means ruined *CGPA* with plenty visible *F* on your results.

Don't be *DECEIVED EXAMS SUMMARIES or EXAM KEY POINTS are over 96.7% accurately predicted*

*EXAMS SUMMARIES or EXAM KEY POINTS GOT ALL NECESSARIES TOOLS FOR EXAMINATION SUCCESS* To cut that short, get exams summaries from the RIGHT *source.*

FOR more bookings you can chat me up. @ Yung..cares

https:///2349078750051
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Edusportal(m): 6:33am On Jun 21, 2020
NOUN Undergraduate Virtual Exams Timetable For 2020_1 Semester

faculty of Arts, Education, Agriculture and Health Science.

virtual examination timetable

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD NOUN Undergraduate Virtual Exams Timetable For 2020_1 Semester
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Edusportal(m): 7:37am On Jun 21, 2020
NOUN Virtual exams policies have been updated

These policies are applicable to all Undergraduate and Postgraduate students taking virtual exams.

READ MORE:- Update On NOUN Virtual Examination Policies
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Edusportal(m): 9:16am On Jun 21, 2020
Oracle Academy in partnership with the Federal Ministry of Education Nigeria would be providing free hands-on lab training on how to build enterprise applications with Oracle APEX

READ MORE:- How To Build Enterprise Applications by Oracle Academy
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 21, 2020
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 12:51pm On Jun 21, 2020
NOW AVAILABLE!!!

1.NOUN PAST QUESTIONS 100L-800L (B.Sc, PGD, Msc &MBA)

2. COURSE MATERIALS ALSO AVAILABLE FOR ALL PROGRAMMEs )WE DELIVER TO YOUR DOOR STEP..

3. GST TMA IS STILL ON, PLEASE DO THE NEEDFUL (DEADLINE JULY 22) ...

4. OTHER NOUN RELATED ISSUES.

DISTANCE IS NOT A BARRIER......

CHAT US ON WHATSAPP OR CALL ☎

MISHA CARES
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by IYGEAL(m): 7:56pm On Jun 21, 2020
naturalwaves:

I finally did it. It was smooth. Maybe because I'm used to the Moodle interface that was deployed and because I'm an IT person. The process to install the Mettl extension is the place people will have issues. If you are not much into IT, it becomes a bit cumbersome.

You mean you finally registered or you finally took the exams?

I would say I'm also an IT person. That part wasn't really what I was worried about. I was worried about the things that are not under my control.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by naturalwaves: 8:06pm On Jun 21, 2020
IYGEAL:

You mean you finally registered or you finally took the exams?

I would say I'm also an IT person. That part wasn't really what I was worried about. I was worried about the things that are not under my control.
I registered and took the exam.... The virtual exam.
There is a proctoring tool called Mettl. That was what they used to invigilate the exam. The tool will report if you opened another tab,head movement etc. Now, when you click on your course on the page, there is a button called start just before the quiz(course name). When you click on that button, a new tab will open. If you have an ad blocker installed on your computer that blocks ads, you will have to uninstall that one o otherwise it won't work.

Now, let's assume you don't have an ad blocker.
You click on the start, a new tab opens which takes you to Mettl. The tab will ask you to install the extension to your browser. I'm not sure if there was a button to clickto install it or I installed it myself. I think there was a button. After installing the extension, I had a bit of issue with it. I went back to the quiz and then clicked on the start again. The Mettl page opened with instructions and then you grant it permission etc etc mics, video, your video comes on, you take a snapshot of yourself and next of your ID and you press OK. You go back to the test page and refresh the page. After you refresh the page, when you click on the quiz, it then opens.

Generally, the area they need to work on is the installation of the extension and the smoothness of that process. You cannot be telling one who is not too good with computing to install extension. The person may not even know what an extension is. I will contact the company anyway(Mettl) . If it is used to proctor an exam, once Start is clicked, the extension should install and pop by itself. They can also ask every candidate to install the extension before exam date.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by IYGEAL(m): 9:04pm On Jun 21, 2020
naturalwaves:

I registered and took the exam.... The virtual exam.
There is a proctoring tool called Mettl. That was what they used to invigilate the exam. The tool will report if you opened another tab,head movement etc. Now, when you click on your course on the page, there is a button called start just before the quiz(course name). When you click on that button, a new tab will open. If you have an ad blocker installed on your computer that blocks ads, you will have to uninstall that one o otherwise it won't work.

Now, let's assume you don't have an ad blocker.
You click on the start, a new tab opens which takes you to Mettl. The tab will ask you to install the extension to your browser. I'm not sure if there was a button to clickto install it or I installed it myself. I think there was a button. After installing the extension, I had a bit of issue with it. I went back to the quiz and then clicked on the start again. The Mettl page opened with instructions and then you grant it permission etc etc mics, video, your video comes on, you take a snapshot of yourself and next of your ID and you press OK. You go back to the test page and refresh the page. After you refresh the page, when you click on the quiz, it then opens.

Generally, the area they need to work on is the installation of the extension and the smoothness of that process. You cannot be telling one who is not too good with computing to install extension. The person may not even know what an extension is. I will contact the company anyway(Mettl) . If it is used to proctor an exam, once Start is clicked, the extension should install and pop by itself. They can also ask every candidate to install the extension before exam date.

The texts in bold would have solved all the problems. But they didn't mention the extension thing let alone telling students to install it beforehand.

Meanwhile, congrats on successfully taking the exams.

How was it? Was it a multiple choice question kind of exam, or you had to write something and submit somewhere? How many questions were asked?

Did you make use of a standalone webcam hardware or you made use of the in-built camera of your pc?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by naturalwaves: 9:12pm On Jun 21, 2020
IYGEAL:

The texts in bold would have solved all the problems. But they didn't mention the extension thing let alone telling students to install it beforehand.

Meanwhile, congrats on successfully taking the exams.

How was it? Was it a multiple choice question kind of exam, or you had to write something and submit somewhere? How many questions were asked?

Did you make use of a standalone webcam hardware or you made use of the in-built camera of your pc?
They used Moodle to set the question. Same one they use for those GNS courses.
It was theory. Question number 1 was compulsory and any other 2
There were 4 questions

Top right is a tab with 1,2,3,4 to move to any question

There is a text box after question has been asked. The text box is spacious enough to accommodate any manner of text.

Also, you need to reduce your window size to like 75 or 65% otherwise that box will display awkwardly.
Once you grant that permission to Mettl, it automatically opens your webcam. I used my inbuilt webcam.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by IYGEAL(m): 11:11pm On Jun 21, 2020
naturalwaves:

There were 4 questions

There is a text box after question has been asked. The text box is spacious enough to accommodate any manner of text.

Also, you need to reduce your window size to like 75 or 65% otherwise that box will display awkwardly.
Once you grant that permission to Mettl, it automatically opens your webcam. I used my inbuilt webcam.

Alright. Thanks for the in-depth info. I can conclude that the virtual exams would be quite interesting and even preferable to the traditional forms, especially for someone who's well prepared - academic wise - for the exam.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tosbobby(m): 11:34pm On Jun 21, 2020
naturalwaves:

There were 4 questions

Would one be able to do calculus on such platform, especially the areas that requires formula writing, table drawings and computations?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Bekind33(m): 12:28am On Jun 22, 2020
deebrane:
Please, who has gotten the timetable and login details for the virtual
exam for undergraduates?
no
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by naturalwaves: 1:31am On Jun 22, 2020
tosbobby:

Would one be able to do calculus on such platform, especially the areas that requires formula writing, table drawings and computations?
No, it is not possible. I'm familiar with that platform. The only thing you can do is to write and upload but that won't work because of the proctoring with Mettl.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by naturalwaves: 1:33am On Jun 22, 2020
IYGEAL:

Alright. Thanks for the in-depth info. I can conclude that the virtual exams would be quite interesting and even preferable to the traditional forms, especially for someone who's well prepared - academic wise - for the exam.
Yes!
When I was within the window, I did not even try to copy and paste what I typed before it flags it as exam malpractice because proctoring software usually report every copy and paste and since I didn't know the type they deployed, didn't want to risk it as it may not have advanced features to say the copy and paste was done within the window and not on the outside of it.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 8:20am On Jun 22, 2020
NOTICE FROM DEA!!!

Our installed proctor software checks the source of your answers; whether they are coming directly from external connected computer, hence the use of third parties software will be futile at the end of the day.
We also watch you from our end, do not have your phone close to you during the exam and if it is within your chosen exam location, let it be muted or switched off.
Stay in a serene environment.
Good luck wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Projectcloud: 4:34pm On Jun 22, 2020
Free project topics available at projectmaster.com.ng
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Fantachapman(m): 6:50pm On Jun 22, 2020
Hi, i understand you are doing virtual exams now. when will the physical exams start? Will there be any physical examinations?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 8:43pm On Jun 22, 2020
Fantachapman:
Hi, i understand you are doing virtual exams now. when will the physical exams start? Will there be any physical examinations?
As soon as FG permit schools to open. There will be a physical examination
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 9:11am On Jun 23, 2020
FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT VIRTUAL EXAMS

- All exams are theory based from 300-800L
- eExam are Obj & Fill in the Gap 100-200L .
- They are timed based (countdown style)
- The workflow is Start >>> Exam >>> Stop.
- You are being monitored via your laptop webcam and mic (which you are to enable).
- Mobile phones and gadgets are prohibited to be 6meters close to where you're seated for the exam as this could lead to disqualification.
- Ensure no external persons, bodies or sound is near or around you as this could also lead to disqualification.

Once your course appears, please do the following:
- Click on start (this will take you to another browser window - Mettl)
- An icon will appear on the address bar (towards the end of the address bar)
- Click on the icon to always allow pop-up for https://deavirtual.nou.edu.ng/
- Go back to your dashboard and click start again
- This will take you to the 'System Requirement' page.
- Allow to share screen then capture your photo and ID card .
- Go back to your dashboard, refresh the page again so that your course code can be enabled.
- Alternatively, you can click on your course code at the left pane of your dashboard to make your course code enabled.
- Then click on your course code to proceed to the exam arena.
- Carefully read all the instructions for the examinations.
- Click on Go to quiz to begin your exams.

Once you are through with your exam, please do the following:
- Click on finish quiz, and accept to finish.
- Click on Back to course/dashboard so you can have access to the Stop button.
- Click on Stop button, you will get a thumbs-up sign.
- Before you get up, ensure to stop sharing your screen - exit the mettle windows that are opened.
- Check your email for an auto-response with subject Submission confirmation: XYZ123 Exam

MISHA CARES kiss
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 9:27am On Jun 23, 2020
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW DURING NETWORK FLUCTUATION

- Once you observe your network has fluctuated or gone off, DO NOTHING.

- The proctoring tool will sound an alert once your system goes out of network... just be patient and don't leave that page.

- Do not refresh on your own 'cos you may/will loose your already written answers.

- Do not try leaving the current page that you are, to another (i.e. moving from one question to another)

- If you do mistake comot from your screen or you stand up from the chair kpekem, you will be disqualified immediately, on cheating.

- The proctoring tool have a way it uses your camera and mic, saves some amount of info on your system's cache memory and sends it across to the main server, the moment your network is restored.

- Please note, the webpage automatically saves your work as you progress (it may not be immediate - so long there is no internet challenge during the saving).

MISHA CARES kiss
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 9:30am On Jun 23, 2020
VIRTUAL EXAM UPDATE

For those that did not get the login details or having password related issues, please go to:

https://deavirtual.nou.edu.ng/login/index.php

Click on forget or reset password. Input your username, > matric number
OR email address

A reset link will be sent to your email

Reset password and login quickly for your exam

MISHA CARES wink
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tosbobby(m): 2:48pm On Jun 23, 2020
Samisha500:
FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT VIRTUAL EXAMS

- All exams are theory based from 300-800L
- eExam are Obj & Fill in the Gap 100-200L .
- They are timed based (countdown style)
- The workflow is Start >>> Exam >>> Stop.
- You are being monitored via your laptop webcam and mic (which you are to enable).
- Mobile phones and gadgets are prohibited to be 6meters close to where you're seated for the exam as this could lead to disqualification.
- Ensure no external persons, bodies or sound is near or around you as this could also lead to disqualification.

Once your course appears, please do the following:
- Click on start (this will take you to another browser window - Mettl)
- An icon will appear on the address bar (towards the end of the address bar)
- Click on the icon to always allow pop-up for https://deavirtual.nou.edu.ng/
- Go back to your dashboard and click start again
- This will take you to the 'System Requirement' page.
- Allow to share screen then capture your photo and ID card .
- Go back to your dashboard, refresh the page again so that your course code can be enabled.
- Alternatively, you can click on your course code at the left pane of your dashboard to make your course code enabled.
- Then click on your course code to proceed to the exam arena.
- Carefully read all the instructions for the examinations.
- Click on Go to quiz to begin your exams.

Once you are through with your exam, please do the following:
- Click on finish quiz, and accept to finish.
- Click on Back to course/dashboard so you can have access to the Stop button.
- Click on Stop button, you will get a thumbs-up sign.
- Before you get up, ensure to stop sharing your screen - exit the mettle windows that are opened.
- Check your email for an auto-response with subject Submission confirmation: XYZ123 Exam

MISHA CARES kiss
I hope the use of calculator in the case of calculus will not be categorise as malpractice
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ayodele951(m): 4:11pm On Jun 23, 2020
Please I forgot my password for gst tma portal. How can I login.?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 6:35pm On Jun 23, 2020
Ayodele951:
Please I forgot my password for gst tma portal. How can I login.?
You can reset your GST password by yourself. If you get the invalid login error, just click on "Forgotten your username or password?", enter your username(matric number) or email address associated with your student's portal

https://elearn.nouedu2.net/login/index.php

Then follow the instruction sent to your email address

(1) (2) (3) ... (1215) (1216) (1217) (1218) (1219) (1220) (1221) ... (1581) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.