Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3486254 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1375) (1376) (1377) (1378) (1379) (1380) (1381) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by prommy(f): 9:51pm On Aug 28, 2021
I applied for pgd in education. It kept declining what could be wrong.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:59pm On Aug 28, 2021
prommy:
Do u have the qualifications? Check very well. If u need assistance, send me a DM.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Fkj2021: 10:28pm On Aug 28, 2021
prommy:

Please be patient. When you click submit it will tell you please fill the form properly, right? Just be patient
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by noun5: 11:15am On Aug 30, 2021
Your Last Bus-Stop for all NOUN Enquires/Solutions.

Get help on:

✅ Admission Assistance/Enquiry:

✅ Project Topics, Materials & Writeup

✅ Seminar/Business Plan Writeup and Siwes Report.

✅ PAST QUESTIONS: 100L-800L (2014-2021)! All Department

I. CHECKOUT HOW TO SCORE 100% IN ALL YOUR TMA

II. CHECKOUT THE COURSES TO REGISTER THIS SEMESTER...

III. GET TO KNOW THE EXACT FEES TO PAY THIS SEMESTER.
For More Details: VISIT

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by autolearner: 12:22pm On Aug 30, 2021
Dear OP,

How much is the fee for both PGD in Information Technology and Masters Degree in Information Technology.

Also, how long is the earliest, one can complete any of the courses?

Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 12:32pm On Aug 30, 2021
Bangladesh High Commission poised to collaborate with NOUN on ODL, others

The High Commissioner of the People's Republic of Bangladesh to Nigeria, His Excellency Mr. Masudur Rahman, has said his country is desirous to go into collaboration with the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) in the areas of Open and Distance Learning (ODL), research, linkages, amongst others.

Rahman, accompanied by the Consular, Political Affairs of the High Commission, was speaking during a courtesy visit to the Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Olufemi Peters, at the university headquarters in Abuja.

He said such collaboration is so imperative, as apart from the fact that the Bangladesh Open University (BOU) operates on a similar mode as NOUN, the two countries share a number of similarities.

While underscoring the importance of signing an MoU between the two open universities, Rahman explained that “Distance learning and technology has become a key tool to educational activities, especially in this period of the pandemic.”

As a precursor to the expected MoU, the envoy stated, a webinar meeting could be organised to share ideas. “Such collaboration will be a wonderful beginning. From my side I can approach the university through the relevant ministry.”

The envoy also requested the university to host the country's upcoming Golden Jubilee celebration, which also coincides with the 100 years of the birth of Bangladesh's founding father, where a video would be shown to the select guests.

Responding, the Vice-Chancellor welcomed them to the headquarters and expressed the university’s readiness to enter into such collaborations and urged him to come up with an official request, which will serve as the starting point of the collaboration.

Peters, who said the management will inform the university’s Governing Council of the development since it involves a cross-border issue, reiterated that NOUN is keen to develop the relationship, as similar one is already in existence with the Indira Gandhi National Open University in the neighbouring India.

The Vice-Chancellor also acknowledged the number of similarities that exist between the two nations and briefly explained that NOUN has about 500,000 students, with about 120,000 currently active in their various academic programmes, making it the largest in the African Continent.

Click the Link to watch on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z584Umr0clU
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 2:17pm On Aug 30, 2021
autolearner:
Dear OP,

How much is the fee for both PGD in Information Technology and Masters Degree in Information Technology.

Also, how long is the earliest, one can complete any of the courses?

Thanks.
Duration for PGD information Tech is 2 semesters. The same goes for the M.Sc.

Fee for the first semester is around 72k. Fee for the entire programme for two semesters is about 170k.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 2:59pm On Aug 30, 2021
MCCARTHY: ORIENTATION FOR SEMINAR WRITING & PRESENTATION

Please note that, the information above is strictly for students of McCarthy Study Centre, Obalende, Lagos.

However, students in other study centres who are yet to do their seminar should start making preparation. Seminar is compulsory just like your research project and you must defend it at your study centre after uploading a soft copy (docx or PDF) online.

In summary, remember you must generate three (3) good/current topics to write on which will be approved by an academic officer.

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by autolearner: 8:15pm On Aug 30, 2021
Enskynelson:

Duration for PGD information Tech is 2 semesters. The same goes for the M.Sc.

Fee for the first semester is around 72k. Fee for the entire programme for two semesters is about 170k.

Thank you. Are the fees for both programs the same? Also, when does the session start?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 8:22pm On Aug 30, 2021
autolearner:

Thank you. Are the fees for both programs the same? Also, when does the session start?
Session begins every semester in NOUN. A new one just started.
Yes, the estimate is roughly the same. Minimum requirements for graduation for both is the same 34units. Registration for 2units course is the same 2500 and 3000 for 3units. The only significant difference in the fees is that project registration for PGD is 25k while that of M.Sc. is 40k. Aside that, every other thing is the same.
Now is perfect for you to begin your admission process as registration closes end of September.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Dilly55: 8:34pm On Aug 30, 2021
Can anyone please help with the total payment for 100l first semester of business administration UG
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MyPicsSaysItall: 8:53pm On Aug 30, 2021
Enskynelson:

Session begins every semester in NOUN. A new one just started.
Yes, the estimate is roughly the same. Minimum requirements for graduation for both is the same 34units. Registration for 2units course is the same 2500 and 3000 for 3units. The only significant difference in the fees is that project registration for PGD is 25k while that of M.Sc. is 40k. Aside that, every other thing is the same.
Now is perfect for you to begin your admission process as registration closes end of September.

For PGD, must the transcript be submitted before registration closes?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:02pm On Aug 30, 2021
MyPicsSaysItall:

For PGD, must the transcript be submitted before registration closes?
Apply for your transcripts and get the evidence. It's the evidence of application the Study Centre will ask for before giving you your matriculation number
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 30, 2021
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Dara2: 11:03pm On Aug 30, 2021
Hello house

I generated a RRR code earlier today but i lost all the documents on my phone before getting home.

I dont know what to do next... Should i generate another code? Or how do i retrieve the previous RRR.

I dont even know the number... Please
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 12:03am On Aug 31, 2021
Dara2:
Hello house

I generated a RRR code earlier today but i lost all the documents on my phone before getting home.

I dont know what to do next... Should i generate another code? Or how do i retrieve the previous RRR.

I dont even know the number... Please
Generate another one. Losing the code is nothing at all
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Dara2: 12:06am On Aug 31, 2021
Enskynelson:

Generate another one. Losing the code is nothing at all

Oh! Thank you very much....I was just soo afraid. ...I will generate a new one now.

Thank you! .

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MyPicsSaysItall: 1:36am On Aug 31, 2021
Enskynelson:

Apply for your transcripts and get the evidence. It's the evidence of application the Study Centre will ask for before giving you your matriculation number

Okay, thanks for the info
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mubaraqq(m): 7:28am On Aug 31, 2021
Enskynelson:

Hi, does one have to carry over a failed elective course or you can just register another elective in place of the failed one
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 8:12am On Aug 31, 2021
[quote author=Mubaraqq post=105342460][/quote]
Hey... it's been a while. How was your result in the M.Sc. Heath programme?
It is advisable you write the Elective again but generally electives (failure of it or not doing it at all) doesn't stop u from graduating EXCEPT when your TCE is less than the minimum required for graduation. I know of persons who didn't do their carryover for electives but have graduated. We are still yet to know the TCE for graduation from your program though.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ttomexy(f): 8:44am On Aug 31, 2021
Enskynelson:

It is advisable you write the Elective again but generally electives (failure of it or not doing it at all) doesn't stop u from graduating EXCEPT when your TCE is less than the minimum required for graduation. I know of persons who didn't do their carryover for electives but have graduated. We are still yet to know the TCE for graduation from your program though.

What is the TCE for Masters in Public Admin?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:04am On Aug 31, 2021
ttomexy:

What is the TCE for Masters in Public Admin?

Generally, masters programme requires 34units but I think that of MPA is about 40 units. 33 units Core courses and the others, lectives.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ttomexy(f): 9:54am On Aug 31, 2021
Enskynelson:

Generally, masters programme requires 34units but I think that of MPA is about 40 units. 33 units Core courses and the others, lectives.

Thank you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Dilly55: 10:25am On Aug 31, 2021
Dilly55:
Can anyone please help with the total payment for 100l first semester of business administration UG

Anyone please??
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 1:13pm On Aug 31, 2021
Dilly55:

Anyone please??
About 64k
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Dilly55: 3:46pm On Aug 31, 2021
Enskynelson:

About 64k

Thanks

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by K9blunt(f): 12:54am On Sep 01, 2021
Hi!
Does anyone know about the total units of Bsc mass communication to graduate?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 1:21am On Sep 01, 2021
K9blunt:
Hi!
Does anyone know about the total units of Bsc mass communication to graduate?
DE 90units
If you begin from 100L, 120units
These minimum excludes the GSTs according to your student handbook.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mubaraqq(m): 1:23am On Sep 01, 2021
Yeah, how are you doing? The result was almost perfect, I failed the only elective course I registered, hence my question, is the TCE also 34 units for MPH, because adding this semester's course's to last we already have more than 34 and we're yet to register project and seminar
Enskynelson:

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 1:42am On Sep 01, 2021
Mubaraqq:
Yeah, how are you doing? The result was almost perfect, I failed the only elective course I registered, hence my question, is the TCE also 34 units for MPH, because adding this semester's course's to last we already have more than 34 and we're yet to register project and seminar
OK. Nice one. I don't think it will be 34units at all. The faculty stated the programme will be for 2years (3 semesters can be called 2yrs). The courses thus far is about 31 units (not sure) and Thesis will be 6 units. It will definitely be more than 34.
Remember NOUN is offering M.Sc. Public Health and NOT Masters in Public Health.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Treasure286: 2:45am On Sep 01, 2021
Hello.
Please I want to apply for PGDE at Noun but I need information about the fee. I've generated a code which I needed to pursue my form online (7500) but I want information regarding other fee for the entire programme & especially all I need to pay for the first semester including the form fee.

The second thing I want to know is that if I buy the form now, can I still use it next semester (next year) in case I couldn't pay the other fees now or I'll need to buy another form again when another semester start.

I'll appreciate any comment or advise that could be of help.

Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nkspicy(f): 12:22pm On Sep 01, 2021
Good day everyone, please I'm new here how much is direct entry form and how do I purchase it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1375) (1376) (1377) (1378) (1379) (1380) (1381) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Apination(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.