Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3482921 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by apeelewuetu: 8:47pm On Sep 18, 2012
The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) will be graduating its first set of students in November, the Vice-chancellor Professor Vincent Ado Tenebe said yesterday in Abuja.

Since its resuscitation in 2003, the university has been unable to graduate students because its courses were not accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC).

In 2009, the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) held a convocation which graduated former President Olusegun Obasanjo who obtained a postgraduate diploma (PGD) in Christian theology.

The then Director General of UNESCO Koichiro Matsuura also received an honorary degree at the event which graduated 101 other students.

NOUN spokesman Ronke Ogunmakin told Daily Trust that the convocation was a “special one” because the courses from which the students, including Obasanjo graduated from, were run in affiliation with the Indira Gandhi National Open University.

NUC had in June announced that it has granted four programmes of the university full accreditation, 25 other programmes interim accreditation and denied Nursing Science accreditation for failing to meet the requirements.

Tenebe said the university could not subject itself for accreditation before now because of the challenges of developing Course Materials since it had to follow due process.

He said he expected the university to now have an upsurge of candidates as it can accommodate up to 1.5million students as against the 132,000 currently enrolled.

On the Nursing Science that was denied accreditation, the Vice-chancellor said it would invite the NUC in the next six weeks to come and re-accredit the courses.
SOURCE:-http://skoola.com/read_news.php?id=451

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by apeelewuetu: 8:53pm On Sep 18, 2012
Contact this phone number for any question on National Open University (07066369302)
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Philip4peace: 11:47pm On Sep 18, 2012
Takoro13:
Plis my br who told you you are not brilliant. Why did you have impression of only certificate. That is too bad. As a researcher, no body studied well and made less than 87% of scores. A born-learning child that keep away from developing his/her knowledge has less scores. And nigeria need non of you certificate but you need whole knowledge you acquired. Dont limit your focus. Noun is designed for working class so dont waste your time.
my dear, pls dont comment 4 nothing. Ur message is completely out of phase frm wat i wrote.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Philip4peace: 11:51pm On Sep 18, 2012
Takoro13:
Are you saying you can have file in 2 different centre. Dont miss your infor. Plis!
No u can't. I mean wen u first apply 4 admission, u must av chosen a study centre but u can change d study centre if u decide to choose a different study centre. Just write or call d noun support centre n it will be processed. Got that?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Philip4peace: 12:02am On Sep 19, 2012
Takoro13:
Is not rubbish at-all. Once your department is under federal ministry of work i belief they all aware of the sku. You would only take offduty/leave from work at the period of work. And make sure you are good to your coworkers and dont limit your thinking. Be wise!.
4 God sake. Does everyone work in a Government firm? If u work u'ld know wat I mean. Ur employer eud demand 4 ur school schedule aforehand. So dat ur schooling doesnt affect hi/her business.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Philip4peace: 12:09am On Sep 19, 2012
I contacted the NOUN admission/ support centre n asked them if the graduands of th school go for NYSC. I was told that the school is currently processing that.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 9:32am On Sep 19, 2012
Philip4peace:
4 God sake. Does everyone work in a Government firm? If u work u'ld know wat I mean. Ur employer eud demand 4 ur school schedule aforehand. So dat ur schooling doesnt affect hi/her business.
You said well but mind you all parastater heard of noun and i blif they we all aware of no lecture paro. So no way your skulin and workin can collide. Am i cleared?.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 9:43am On Sep 19, 2012
Philip4peace:
my dear, pls dont comment 4 nothing. Ur message is completely out of phase frm wat i wrote.
Sorry! Maybe your massage is not clear to me plis can you simplify it?. This forum remain educative. Lol!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by macmos(m): 11:30am On Sep 19, 2012
Am a newly admitted Noun student in Ibadan study center I will like to have friends from Noun from any study center is welcome. Am studying enter and bus man. pin:27A625F5. 08181583039. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by apeelewuetu: 7:06pm On Sep 19, 2012
My experience in National Open University,my friend , i must be sincere with u, open university is for big boys and not for small boys not in term of money but u must be prepared, determined and fully ready to read the course material from page 1 to the end , even if possible from the cover page to the end of the book.However, if u can follow my advice, u will find it easy for example u need to download course material if not available in your centre, prepare for TMA and make sure u score 30/30, then prepare for exam. and make sure u score not less than 35/70 Please ask me more questions , i will be fully ready to give u detail.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by stelan(f): 8:41pm On Sep 19, 2012
@Apeelewuetu Hello! Can u plz explain to me hw possible/feasible is it for someone at NOUN to compress a 4yr course to say 3yrs?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 10:26pm On Sep 19, 2012
apeelewuetu: My experience in National Open University,my friend , i must be sincere with u, open university is for big boys and not for small boys not in term of money but u must be prepared, determined and fully ready to read the course material from page 1 to the end , even if possible from the cover page to the end of the book.However, if u can follow my advice, u will find it easy for example u need to download course material if not available in your centre, prepare for TMA and make sure u score 30/30, then prepare for exam. and make sure u score not less than 35/70 Please ask me more questions , i will be fully ready to give u detail.
You are type of person we need here. Plis is there course material pages too many and is exam question too much. I learnt that the exam is all objective and internet. How sure? More lit, plis.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by willox(m): 6:18am On Sep 20, 2012
gudmrng mr apeelewuetu. I was readg ma englsh cos 101 of recent nd whle readg ther r places whr thy r saying d ready sud rewine a caset,listn 2 a tape recrder etc al dis i dnt hv wit d material. Pls wat is dis nd hw cn i get dis tape etc? thanks!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by willox(m): 6:19am On Sep 20, 2012
gudmrng mr apeelewuetu. I was readg ma englsh cos 101 of recent nd whle readg ther r places whr thy r saying d ready sud rewine a caset,listn 2 a tape recrder etc al dis i dnt hv wit d material. Pls wat is dis nd hw cn i get dis tape etc? thanks!.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:40am On Sep 20, 2012
stelan: @Apeelewuetu Hello! Can u plz explain to me hw possible/feasible is it for someone at NOUN to compress a 4yr course to say 3yrs?

Yes I did. U can, just register many courses each semester.For example u pick up all the first and second semesters' courses in ur yr2 first semester, in ur yr2 second semester, u change ur level to 300L and pick if possible all yr3 courses. That way. Like say in every semester u take 15-17 courses. I started in 2009 and will be done this semester,Bsc Computer Sc.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:50am On Sep 20, 2012
Takoro13:
You are type of person we need here. Plis is there course material pages too many and is exam question too much. I learnt that the exam is all objective and internet. How sure? More lit, plis.

So u have not even done a semester and u dey para like this guy. All yr1 and yr2 courses are done on the computer and it is not on the internet. It is intranet...u can only get access when you are in ur study center--and wireless has been discontinued. So it is wired,some centers may even allow u use ur lapi. Meanwhile all law courses (like Law100,Law 211,Law321,Law435 etc) are pop-pen-on-paper and all yr3 to yr4,Masters,PGD etc also. Just like WAEC answer booklet and question paper format.

Mr Takoro, still work on ur English, it is still poor!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by d18thday: 7:00am On Sep 20, 2012
Hello guys. Pls about NOUN. Is there a deadline for payment of course registration fees and when will the 2012/2013 session begin?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by apeelewuetu: 10:10am On Sep 20, 2012
Thanks for your questions, i will answer question 1 -4 together(on exam, Eng 101, Compression of semesters, payment deadline for registration).1. On exam. level 100 to 200 level including diploma and certificate will use computer for their exam. Nature of the questions will be in CBT form, it use to contain 100 to 150 obj.(Intranet) which may include filling the gaps with short comprehension in form of obj..Do not be afraid, it is very simple if u able to read the course material.Some of us that have passed through the exam. have go to the extent of making thing easier for u, we have a special site that can train u for that just contact us through phone N0 07066369302 but note that there is no exam. malpractice in NOUN.The nature of the exam. is that all of u will be on your seat before NOUN send the questions from Headquarter and immediately u submit u will see your result or mark.From 300 upward, will take pen and paper exam. inform of Essay which will contain 5 standard theory questions in which you may be asked to answer 3 or 4 depend on department and it may contain compulsory questions unlike convectional University in which u may be given area of concentration, u just have to pray and read the course material from page 1 to the end. Question 2. Eng 101 contain 4 module and pages are not number but it contain appr. 230 pages, u can easily read it, u don't need any tape recorder. 3.Question 3. Compression of Semester. Yes it very possible to determine the N0 of semester to use. For example PGD in Education according to NOUN will take u 2 to 3 semester but for a serious minded person like u, u can register for all the courses provided u have the money and sit for the exam. once you pass all the compulsory courses what else. Question 4. Payment deadline for registration. Yes there is deadline for registration as u know NOUN is very flexible the registration used to be extended toward the registration of exam. and once registration of exam begin u cannot do course registration even if u are the first son of VC. On issues of Past questions tell us your department with course, we shall get back to u. Admission for 2012/2013 is still on and the semester is already in progress to my understanding, it is just 2 months old now, there is possibility of exam before the end of the year or early 2013, from my experience i am sure it cannot extend beyond jan.2013 while another semester will begin immediately. If u have any question that is very urgent just post your question and flash me on 07066369302 i will get back to u.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 11:58am On Sep 20, 2012
ferdiii:

So u have not even done a semester and u dey para like this guy. All yr1 and yr2 courses are done on the computer and it is not on the internet. It is intranet...u can only get access when you are in ur study center--and wireless has been discontinued. So it is wired,some centers may even allow u use ur lapi. Meanwhile all law courses (like Law100,Law 211,Law321,Law435 etc) are pop-pen-on-paper and all yr3 to yr4,Masters,PGD etc also. Just like WAEC answer booklet and question paper format.

Mr Takoro, still work on ur English, it is still poor!
First of all. Appreciate your lecture manual on how exams look like. But! English lecturer! Did i ever expressed myself as somebody that did any semester in noun?. State where in my posts. And about english which you marked as poor. Is not abusive but think right before you write. There is chance of using say-your-word method of english or you want to mark it. Mr teacher! Are you not undergraduate student.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 12:02pm On Sep 20, 2012
Mr fedii! You forgot to say maybe masters exams were objective or pen on paper. Plis explain as a good student.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by apeelewuetu: 2:12pm On Sep 20, 2012
All post graduate exam.was done with pen and paper with the exception of GST 707,GST 607,the reason for that is unknown but i am sure the next exam will definitely be on pen and paper.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by leashy: 7:43pm On Sep 20, 2012
THE CROWNE PLAZA LONDON HOTEL
ROYAL VICTORIA DOCK WESTERN GATEWAY E16 1AL UNITED KINGDOM.
EMAIL--jobemployment_crowneplazalhotel@london.com
crowneplazalondonhotel@london.com

==========================================
This is a great opportunity for non–uk citizens, who are willing
to reside and work in the UNITED KINGDOM,
and who have the different skills below————

*PRIMARY SKILL LABOUR PSL
*SECONDARY SKILL LABOUR SSL
*SEMI LABOUR SSL2

Under the board of management of our company.This hotel is eagerly
seeking for successful candidates to occupy the vacant
position and space in the THE CROWNE PLAZA LONDON HOTEL

WORKERS SALARY
CURRENT EMPLOYEES ARE..
=========================================
Administrator Manager======£7,000
Account Department ========£6,000
Computer Operators ========£5,500
Computer Engineer =========£5,500
Medical Attendant =========£5,500
Reservation Desk ==========£4,500
Sales in the Bar ==========£4,000
Security Manager ==========£3,500
Sale Executive ============£4,300
Deputy Manager ============£5,500
Store Keeper ==============£3,500
Front Office===============£4,000
Supervisor ================£4,000
Receptionist ==============£4,000
Engineer ==================£4,500
Cleaner ===================£3,500
Drivers ===================£3,000
Waiter ====================£3,500
Chefs =====================£3,500
Cook ======================£3,000

**CONDITIONS OF SERVICE*
==Generally your education must be MINIMUM OF secondary Education.
==Must be reliable and trustworthy.
==Must be law-abiding and adhere strictly to the Rules and
regulations guiding the operations of the Hotel.
Those seeking for higher position such as Human Resource Manager,
Assistant Manager e.g. must have obtained qualification
And working experiences which could be relevant to the position being
Sought for.

Freshers can also apply:
If you are interested, send your CV/Resume to our
E-mail:[jobemployment_queenshotel@london.com]
Hotel Management offer every successful/selected candidate free Air
Ticket, free accommodation, and feeding.
Interested Candidates, will only be responsible for his/her Visa Fee
in his/her respective Country.

REGARDS
MR PETER WILLIAMS
TELL:00447031882797 00447031885882
Email: jobemployment_crowneplazalhotel@london.com
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by leashy: 7:43pm On Sep 20, 2012
ROYAL VICTORIA DOCK WESTERN GATEWAY E16 1AL UNITED KINGDOM.
EMAIL--jobemployment_crowneplazalhotel@london.com

==========================================
This is a great opportunity for non–uk citizens, who are willing
to reside and work in the UNITED KINGDOM,
and who have the different skills below————

*PRIMARY SKILL LABOUR PSL
*SECONDARY SKILL LABOUR SSL
*SEMI LABOUR SSL2

Under the board of management of our company.This hotel is eagerly
seeking for successful candidates to occupy the vacant
position and space in the THE CROWNE PLAZA LONDON HOTEL

WORKERS SALARY
CURRENT EMPLOYEES ARE..
=========================================
Administrator Manager======£7,000
Account Department ========£6,000
Computer Operators ========£5,500
Computer Engineer =========£5,500
Medical Attendant =========£5,500
Reservation Desk ==========£4,500
Sales in the Bar ==========£4,000
Security Manager ==========£3,500
Sale Executive ============£4,300
Deputy Manager ============£5,500
Store Keeper ==============£3,500
Front Office===============£4,000
Supervisor ================£4,000
Receptionist ==============£4,000
Engineer ==================£4,500
Cleaner ===================£3,500
Drivers ===================£3,000
Waiter ====================£3,500
Chefs =====================£3,500
Cook ======================£3,000

**CONDITIONS OF SERVICE*
==Generally your education must be MINIMUM OF secondary Education.
==Must be reliable and trustworthy.
==Must be law-abiding and adhere strictly to the Rules and
regulations guiding the operations of the Hotel.
Those seeking for higher position such as Human Resource Manager,
Assistant Manager e.g. must have obtained qualification
And working experiences which could be relevant to the position being
Sought for.

Freshers can also apply:
If you are interested, send your CV/Resume to our
E-mail:[jobemployment_queenshotel@london.com]
Hotel Management offer every successful/selected candidate free Air
Ticket, free accommodation, and feeding.
Interested Candidates, will only be responsible for his/her Visa Fee
in his/her respective Country.

REGARDS
MR PETER WILLIAMS
TELL:00447031882797 00447031885882
Email: jobemployment_crowneplazalhotel@london.com
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by apeelewuetu: 9:11pm On Sep 20, 2012
NYSC- Yes NOUN Students like other convectional University students do go to service provided their age is within the service year.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 21, 2012
Takoro13:
First of all. Appreciate your lecture manual on how exams look like. But! English lecturer! Did i ever expressed myself as somebody that did any semester in noun?. State where in my posts. And about english which you marked as poor. Is not abusive but think right before you write. There is chance of using say-your-word method of english or you want to mark it. Mr teacher! Are you not undergraduate student.

Just work on it so that prospective students won't be discouraged.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 21, 2012
apeelewuetu: All post graduate exam.was done with pen and paper with the exception of GST 707,GST 607,the reason for that is unknown but i am sure the next exam will definitely be on pen and paper.

Yes those GSTs.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 21, 2012
Takoro13: Mr fedii! You forgot to say maybe masters exams were objective or pen on paper. Plis explain as a good student.

I said Masters are pop except the GSTs.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 21, 2012
Takoro13:

Again I know of a woman that has carried over GST102 twice.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by stelan(f): 9:37am On Sep 21, 2012
doin both 1st n 2nd semester in jst 1semester sounds strange 2me. but if i may ask, is it also possible 2do courses 4rm 1st semester of say 200level n 300level? how did u go abt collection of course materials 4rm ur study centre? did u jst tell them 1st n 2nd semester materials?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by stelan(f): 9:38am On Sep 21, 2012
Doin both 1st n 2nd semester in jst 1 semester sounds strange 2me. But if i may ask, is it also possible 2do/combine courses 4rm 1st semester of say 200level n 300level? How did u go abt collection of course materials 4rm ur study centre? Did u jst tell them 1st n 2nd semester materials?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by stelan(f): 9:39am On Sep 21, 2012
@Apeelewuetu Doin both 1st n 2nd semester in jst 1 semester sounds strange 2me. But if i may ask, is it also possible 2do/combine courses 4rm 1st semester of say 200level n 300level? How did u go abt collection of course materials 4rm ur study centre? Did u jst tell them 1st n 2nd semester materials?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by apeelewuetu: 9:53am On Sep 21, 2012
When u get admission to open University, u need to register for courses u intend to do in the first semester just like the convectional university but what unique about National open university is that in your portal , all courses u are to do within the duration of your programme is there already so it now left for u do decide if u want to use 7 years for undergraduate or 3 years. Most of the students are ignorant of this and the university is not helping the situation because they are not creating awareness.So it is very possible to combine 100 and 200 level provided u are confidence to read and pass. to be continued in few minutes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (1580) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.