Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1567) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3483111 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1564) (1565) (1566) (1567) (1568) (1569) (1570) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by elguaje(m): 4:00pm On Feb 19
Enskynelson:

Four semesters
MBA is a hectic programme in NOUN.
Hello boss man, thanks for all you do on this forum
I have passed 134 credit units in my courses tho I still have 4 outstanding courses on my statement of result do I need to take and pass all the outstanding courses or can I graduate with 134 credit units as they only require 120 credit unit of us?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 4:24pm On Feb 19
elguaje:

Hello boss man, thanks for all you do on this forum
I have passed 134 credit units in my courses tho I still have 4 outstanding courses on my statement of result do I need to take and pass all the outstanding courses or can I graduate with 134 credit units as they only require 120 credit unit of us?
It largely depends on the outstanding courses left. While some can be overlooked, some core courses cannot.
For instance, no matter your TCE, if you don't pass seminar, project or Teaching Practice, the student cannot graduate.
The department sometimes look at some core courses and waive them but that is at their discretion.
So, are the courses left CORE courses or they are electives?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by elguaje(m): 9:20pm On Feb 19
Enskynelson:

It largely depends on the outstanding courses left. While some can be overlooked, some core courses cannot.
For instance, no matter your TCE, if you don't pass seminar, project or Teaching Practice, the student cannot graduate.
The department sometimes look at some core courses and waive them but that is at their discretion.
4 core
1 Elective
This are the courses
MTH 101 core
MTH 103 core
PHY 101 core
PHY 191 core
CIT 463 Elective
I’m studying information technology
Thank you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:52pm On Feb 19
elguaje:

4 core
1 Elective
This are the courses
MTH 101 core
MTH 103 core
PHY 101 core
PHY 191 core
CIT 463 Elective
I’m studying information technology
Thank you
These are major courses in my opinion. Before the close of reg this semester, I think the convocation will take place. You can hold on for now to see if your name will come out before you register. You are at the mercy of your departmental officers.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by elguaje(m): 9:19am On Feb 20
Enskynelson:

These are major courses in my opinion. Before the close of reg this semester, I think the convocation will take place. You can hold on for now to see if your name will come out before you register. You are at the mercy of your departmental officers.
Thank you. You have been helpful
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistiking: 9:38am On Feb 21
@Enskynelson, please sir; can I get any link to download past questions?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 10:48am On Feb 21
mistiking:
@Enskynelson, please sir; can I get any link to download past questions?
Only PG past questions because there are no ways to get e-exams questions.
https://noudocs.com/past-questions.html
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistiking: 10:49am On Feb 21
Enskynelson:

Only PG past questions because there are no ways to get e-exams questions.
Yes sir, I am a Postgraduate student, not undergraduate. Thanks sir
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 10:56am On Feb 21
mistiking:
Yes sir, I am a Postgraduate student, not undergraduate. Thanks sir
OK
That is the link
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistiking: 11:22am On Feb 21
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:16am On Feb 22
EXTENSION OF ENTRIES FOR THE 2023 VICE-CHANCELLOR'S ESSAY COMPETITION AND PRIZES ON OPEN AND DISTANCE LEARNING (ODL)
The Vice-Chancellor has given approval for the extension of the 2023 Edition of the Annual Essay Competition and Prizes on Open and Distance Learning (ODL) until 12a.m on 29th February, 2024.

See attached, a copy of the advertisement for necessary action.

Management.

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Blessedarethepe(m): 10:11am On Feb 22
Anthonyo15:
EXTENSION OF ENTRIES FOR THE 2023 VICE-CHANCELLOR'S ESSAY COMPETITION AND PRIZES ON OPEN AND DISTANCE LEARNING (ODL)
The Vice-Chancellor has given approval for the extension of the 2023 Edition of the Annual Essay Competition and Prizes on Open and Distance Learning (ODL) until 12a.m on 29th February, 2024.

See attached, a copy of the advertisement for necessary action.

Management.
The prizes are not encouraging.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Modupeprecious: 3:29pm On Feb 22
Good afternoon everyone, good afternoon @Enskynelson. Please after processing of change of study centre and a new study centre reflects on the portal, what documents does the student need to take to the new centre?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 4:27pm On Feb 22
Modupeprecious:
Good afternoon everyone, good afternoon @Enskynelson. Please after processing of change of study centre and a new study centre reflects on the portal, what documents does the student need to take to the new centre?
Some study centres may give you the file you opened there when you did documentation to take there. But, you really don't need anything much if you were not given anything.
You details already reflects the new study centre and they cannot deny you anything you are due there eg. Course materials and sitting for exams there.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Blessedarethepe(m): 5:56pm On Feb 22
Modupeprecious:
How long did your application take before it reflected the new study centre
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistiking: 6:22pm On Feb 22
@Enskynelson, please sir,am I eligible to collection of course materials after I have got my registration done to registration of courses OR I need to finish the registration to include exam registration?

Also,how much is examination registration per course? Does it varies as per the course unit or is thesame throughout? Thanks in anticipation
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 8:22pm On Feb 22
mistiking:
@Enskynelson, please sir,am I eligible to collection of course materials after I have got my registration done to registration of courses OR I need to finish the registration to include exam registration?

Also,how much is examination registration per course? Does it varies as per the course unit or is thesame throughout? Thanks in anticipation
After course registration.
What they ask for is course registration slip.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 8:24pm On Feb 22
Blessedarethepe:

Presently I don't know how long but it used to be around a week. Please raise a ticket on the support site for change of Study centre and upload the signed form to hasten the process.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistiking: 8:40pm On Feb 22
Enskynelson:

After course registration.
What they ask for is course registration slip.
Thanks sir
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jacko007(m): 11:10pm On Feb 22
Good Evening House

I graduated from NOUN with BSc in Environmental Science and Resources Mgt, the year 2020.
I intend to pursue MSc in IT at the same NOUN, but judging from my first-degree background, would I be considered based on job experience?

please note that I have a decade of experience in IT but went for environmental because of my past job engagement. thanks in anticipation.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 8:03am On Feb 23
jacko007:
Good Evening House

I graduated from NOUN with BSc in Environmental Science and Resources Mgt, the year 2020.
I intend to pursue MSc in IT at the same NOUN, but judging from my first-degree background, would I be considered based on job experience?

please note that I have a decade of experience in IT but went for environmental because of my past job engagement. thanks in anticipation.
Hi
Your best bet is to apply for a concessional admission directly to the VC. Send me a DM for more info

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Righthussle: 12:34pm On Feb 23
Yemight707:
I applied for an undergraduate programme, I paid for the admission from via card, filled the form and submitted, on getting to print the admission form, which I had expected to be instantaneous, I was greeted with an error message : Wrong Unique ID for 2018/1 or admission still pending..

Please what's the way out? As all registrations are going to close next week Tuesday.

** My O'Level results met the the requirements stipulated for my chosen course of study.

Was your issue later resolved?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Modupeprecious: 5:29pm On Feb 23
Enskynelson:

Some study centres may give you the file you opened there when you did documentation to take there. But, you really don't need anything much if you were not given anything.
You details already reflects the new study centre and they cannot deny you anything you are due there eg. Course materials and sitting for exams there.

Okay, thank you very much
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Modupeprecious: 5:31pm On Feb 23
Blessedarethepe:

It didn't take long, took about some days. If you're in Abuja, it will be faster at the headquarters in Jabi.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by noun3: 7:42pm On Feb 23
Your Last Bus-Stop for all NOUN Enquires/Solutions.

Welcome to 'STUDENT ARRIVE'..
...more than 8 years of quality service delivery to students! DISTANCE is NEVER a barrier to our services. Tell us what you want and it will be delivered at the comfort of your Home!,,,

Get help on:

▶️ 2024_1 Admission Assistance/Enquiry.
▶️ NOUN PAST QUESTIONS (2018-2023)
▶️ Project Topics, Materials & Writeup....

(I). NOUN Courses & Fees
a). Available Courses in NOUN
b). Registerable Courses this semester
c). Exact fees to pay this semester
d). The number of elective Courses to register this semester.
CLICK HERE

(III). Basic Facts You Need to Know About NOUN
CLICK HERE

For other related updates, VISIT

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sajibola543(m): 12:32am On Feb 24
Righthussle:

Was your issue later resolved?
Abeg when be the resumption date for new student
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ojotobiloba1: 7:07am On Feb 24
Someone should pls get send me a link to a summarized course materials for Msc Business Administration. Or any one that charges token for each summarized material should mention me.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 7:41am On Feb 24
sajibola543:
Abeg when be the resumption date for new student
School has started since last month.
Get to start studying if u are yet to start
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Abdul4trust1(m): 6:22pm On Feb 24
Enskynelson:

please, economics student going for SIWES?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sssupernova: 6:26pm On Feb 24
Good day guys. I'm a prospective student. Please I really need information concerning admission and other matters.

First, while checking the 2024 academic calender, I realised that the new session had commenced since January. Is it possible for me to still make the current admission list? If not, will there be another admission opportunity within this year? If yes, please when will it start?

Secondly, the programme I would've really love to go for is Math/Comp. Science but I can't, because Physics is missing in my O'level result, which I intend to rectify this year. I noticed that the courses in 100 level in faculty of science are almost the same across all department. So, I intend to register for Biology and change to my prefered programme in 200 level. Please, I need candid advice on this.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1564) (1565) (1566) (1567) (1568) (1569) (1570) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.