Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3502555 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (1582) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by skinny204l(m): 12:02am On Dec 24, 2013
08168964849......you can reach me for any information and help.
N:B:this is strictly for abeokuta study center students....God bless you all
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kekakuz(m): 11:00am On Dec 24, 2013
Ella mma: pls what level are you in now?
wow i wrote that long ago
well am in second semester 200 now
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kekakuz(m): 11:02am On Dec 24, 2013
no nysc for us
am hrt broken
so i will never get to wear that coper uniform
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Prinzoladimeji(m): 11:52am On Dec 24, 2013
I'm a student of the NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA studying Law, and i wish to transfer my course from the school to either UNILORIN, UNILAG or OAU.
My question is, how do I go about it and what are the procedures?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ibukun3(m): 6:35am On Dec 25, 2013
ceezonnifemi: please when in January are we starting clearance at the respective centers. and can someone help me with CSS' 100level course materials
someone should Pls answer dis question
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by apeelewuetu: 11:26am On Dec 25, 2013
ibukun3: someone should Pls answer dis question
January 7, for study materials u can contact me on 07066369302, u can start with GST materials like GST 101, 107, CSS 111 , GST 105, BHM 101, CSS 133, CSS 131, CIT 101.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by apeelewuetu: 11:42am On Dec 25, 2013
Prinzoladimeji: I'm a student of the NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA studying Law, and i wish to transfer my course from the school to either UNILORIN, UNILAG or OAU.
My question is, how do I go about it and what are the procedures?
sand+ sugar then do d separation , do u still get your pure sugar, it seems it may not be possible 4 now

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 25, 2013
Dahunsi K: Hello house want 2 know correct info. About Computer science and other dept. In Noun ask am ready 2 answer u correctly....one have 2 be inform inorder nt do be lost. Am in 300level CSC.
Oh! That's good, just opt-in for the course but Yet to go for my Screening.....by the way seem's it's 4years course right??
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 25, 2013
martty4real:
Pls i need information on this because the earlier message is kind of confusing,can anyone pls clearify this NYSC Exclusion certificate.
The xclusn cert. Means dt dia z no service 4 noun gradutes. I'm a 2ool stdt @ abkt sc centre. It sudnt be lyk dis Me tinks, many privaté uni. out there had their names 'smuggled' 4 nysc approval, but d noun case is always different, jamb regularizatn fee-paid, nysc...Fee-paid, @ d end of it all, exclusn letter. Folk, is dis sku inferior 2 other universities in d co3?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 25, 2013
basithamsat: The xclusn cert. Means dt dia z no service 4 noun gradutes. I'm a 2ool stdt @ abkt sc centre. It sudnt be lyk dis Me tinks, many privaté uni. out there had their names 'smuggled' 4 nysc approval, but d noun case is always different, jamb regularizatn fee-paid, nysc...Fee-paid, @ d end of it all, exclusn letter. Folk, is dis sku inferior 2 other universities in d co3?
"NYSC EXCLUSION CERTIFICATE
...what this means is that none of those who have graduated in January 2013 would be going for service. They have been exempted and certified as such by NYSC. The university is however working to correct this for the following sets. And the VC himself has said this." ~ Olubiyi Adewale (Dir of Studies)

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 8:46pm On Dec 25, 2013
Any news about convocation date?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lazerville: 10:25pm On Dec 26, 2013
tipdrips:

Guys please help me out on this. I really need more info.
Tanx
dont think about it cos u may end up not going for service
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lazerville: 11:36pm On Dec 26, 2013
"This is to inform all students that NYSC Exclusion Certificates issued to
graduates of the University are available for collection at their
corresponding study centres. You are expected to present the original
and photocopy of your degree Certificate and an acceptable mode of
identification as pre-requisites for collection

to make things cleaerer, nysc exemption cert/letter is different from nysc exclusion letter. exemption letter is issued to students with disability or overage(30). and exclusion for all dli,noun,part-time graduates. as for me, this is quite disappointing. after 4 years of hoping, then what is the jamb regularization fees for? and the nysc fee, when we dont get to go for service? besides noun is an acccredited federal government university and her graduates should not be sidelined as it would affect their relevance and employabilty in the labour market , also it would discourage prospective students from enrolling thus defeating the purpose for which noun was created. i want to call upon concerned authorities to come to our aid and give ears and thought to our plight, noun is the way out for the majority of the nigerian youths who for one reason or another have found no place in conventional universities.

furthermore, section 2 of the nysc decree - the decree that established the nysc states and i quote ..

SECTION 2
1. Subject to the provisions of this Decree, every Nigerian shall
a. if, at the end of the academic year 1972-73 or, as the case may be, at
the end of any subsequent academic year, he shall have GRADUATED AT ANY UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA.
b. if, at the end of the academic year 19'74-75 or, as the case may be, at
the end of any subsequent year, he shall have graduated at any
university outside Nigeria
c. if, at the end of the academic year 1975-76 or, as the case may be, at
the end of any subsequent year, he shall have obtained the Higher
National Diploma, or such other professiona1 qualification as may be
prescribed
d. if, at the end of the academic year 1975-76 or, as the case may be, at
the end of any subsequent academic year up to the end of the 1983-84
academic year, he shall have obtained the National Certificate of
Education, be under an obligation, unless exempted under $subsection
(2) of this section or section 17 of this Decree, to make himself
available for service for a continuous period of one year from the date
specified in the call-up instrument served upon him
2. Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection (1) of this section, with
effect from 1st August, 1985, a person shall not be called upon to serve
in the service corps if; at the date of his graduation or obtaining his
diploma or other professional qualification -
a. he is over the age of thirty
b. he has served in the armed forces of the Federation or the Nigeria
Police Force for a period of more than nine months
c. he is member of staff of any of the following, that is
i. the Nigerian Security Organisation
ii. the State Security Service
iii. the National Intelligence Agency
iv. the Defence Intelligence Service
d. he has been conferred with any National Honour.
3. A person liable to be called upon to serve in the service corps shall
serve for a continuous period of one year as from the date specified in
the call-up instrument served upon him or, as the case may be, if a
general or special notice to that effect is given in the prescribed
manner; and when so called upon, such person shall make himself
available for service and shall present himself at such place and time
and to such person or authority as may be specified in the instrument
or notice.
4. The President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces may, by Order
published it, the Gazette, extend the application of the provisions of
subsection (1) of this section to other categories of Nigerians who shall
have obtained such diplomas, certificates or other qualifications as
may "be prescribed in the Order from universities, colleges and other
institutions of higher learning within or outside Nigeria, and the Order
may specify different dates for call-up in relation to different categories
of those affected or to be affected by the Order.

This automatically includes Noun so why the discrimination, or is noun no more a nigerian university? and since this law has not been changed or the decree amended, it is a gross offence and fllagrant disobedience of the laws of our land to EXCLUDE noun students from the scheme as well as it is also self-purpose-defeating and categorically unproductive.

policy makers should make it optional for noun and other dli graduates below the age of 30 to partake and exempt those above the stipulated age.
we are in a democracy and i believe there should be an explanation on the part of nysc why noun students are being excluded. many students have done and woul d do all legally possible to be called up for service since it is their constitutional right.

I feel pained when i see others in corpers' uniform moving about their places of assignment and i wish that one day it would be me in one of those uniforms, holding my head high with a bounce in my step because i have been given the priviledge to serve my fatherland.

as a nigerian , i should not be denied this priviledge because it is my obligation under the law to serve as i graduated from a prestigious federal open nigerian university.

i thereby use this medium to call on concerned authorities to rectify this problem and make it possible for noun graduates to be INCLUDED in the scheme.

as aggrieved students , let us be law abiding as we make our grieviances known and lets keep putting pressure on both nysc and noun authorities till something positive and productive is done.

i wish goodluck to the alumni, success to incumbent students and grace for prospective students.

Merry christmas and a happy new year to you all

thanks a lot.
lazerville
noun

n.b. ... pls dont mind my punctuation and errors if any as i typed this on a mobile phone.

this is the link to the nysc decree webpage on nysc website

http://www.nysc.gov.ng/downloads/nysc-decree.php

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ajibowo11(m): 11:49pm On Dec 26, 2013
Pls i went to buy my 6ster 4rm of noun so i made a mistake by putting my name in student space the does it av any repercussion when doing d registration online;;pls i nid urgent reply..
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ibukun3(m): 12:31am On Dec 27, 2013
apeelewuetu: January 7, for study materials u can contact me on 07066369302, u can start with GST materials like GST 101, 107, CSS 111 , GST 105, BHM 101, CSS 133, CSS 131, CIT 101.
tanx will surely do after my clearance
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lazerville: 11:09am On Dec 27, 2013
Bankky4: Good morning hommies, pls I nid a place to stay in abeokuta not 2 far from the study centre, any1 wey fit help?
#God bless you all.

are you a guy or girl?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ICEBOLD: 4:43am On Dec 28, 2013
guz i need more info abt ADMISSION INTO NOUN . CUS I WANT TO DO JAMB NEXT YEAR,
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by profkalu(m): 11:31am On Dec 28, 2013
Pls friends, is Masters form for Rivers state study centre of National Open university out?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ichommy(m): 12:28pm On Dec 28, 2013
profkalu: Pls friends, is Masters form for Rivers state study centre of National Open university out?

Sir, the form is always available.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by go100: 3:49am On Dec 29, 2013
when will pgde form be out
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dannokumszy(m): 11:27am On Dec 29, 2013
I av fill d form nd dey av offered me admission immidiately bt I don't knw How much am going to pay as acceptance fee for undergraduate pls tro more lite on this
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 29, 2013
ibukun3: someone should Pls answer dis question
please, are you also for the the css? And which study center?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ibukun3(m): 11:21pm On Dec 29, 2013
ceezonnifemi: please, are you also for the the css? And which study center?
yea computer science lagos apapa centre
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by 4reigningqueen: 12:33pm On Dec 30, 2013
ICEBOLD: guz i need more info abt ADMISSION INTO NOUN . CUS I WANT TO DO JAMB NEXT YEAR,

ok, go and DO jamb next year!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Busbar(m): 3:07pm On Dec 30, 2013
wen is next semester comencing?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by victor5148(m): 6:48pm On Dec 30, 2013
For ur course materials call this number 07035550290 i am at Apapa study center.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by anefbron(m): 8:45pm On Dec 30, 2013
Guyz, I want to know if I can do noun program. 1. If it'll not prolong, say beyond 3-4 yrs for a direct entry program. 2. If the only time that I plan going for lectures can only be saturdays, sundays. 3. If there's any study centre in Oshodi.
So how is a direct entry program applied n offered?

Share with me, pls.

Thanks.
Eden Anefu.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Rittysylvia(m): 10:38pm On Dec 30, 2013
A beg ooo. She nursing dey available? Bcus some one said it isn't. And can I change my course after reg. No vex a beg.... I haven't completed my reg o. I called one student counsellor and he told mi to go by new year... Pls help a sister
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Bankky4: 11:24pm On Dec 30, 2013
Male
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Bankky4: 11:25pm On Dec 30, 2013
@ lazerville Male
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Angel15(f): 7:41am On Dec 31, 2013
Pls how can a 3rd class graduate do Masters in Noun instead of Pgd? What is d procedure?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lazerville: 5:58pm On Dec 31, 2013
Bankky4: @ lazerville Male
ok. sorry , female needed

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (1582) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.