Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,778 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3503233 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (1582) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by baba11(m): 1:26pm On Jul 07, 2014
ferdimako:
But I did without facilitations. Just once d woman forced me to attend PHY111 class- I was afraid of that and finally got a D. I'm at CIT834 now.....done first-studying d rest. Nobody can teach u more than urself... no time running after sb when u have d materials unless u are in a weird major. That is not being proud.... who wan teach in 9ja?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by professorgome: 1:27pm On Jul 07, 2014
ferdimako:
What TMA portal is open? Mine still shows my last semester's result.
I was just answering the question as it came. LOL.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by professorgome: 1:32pm On Jul 07, 2014
@Ferdimako and @Greenified: You are both correct. Some people entered school with experience or 'know how's' about the course they are pursuing. Others do not have any experience or 'know how's'. The former can learn without a facilitator but the later cannot. I think ferdimako fell into the first category.

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by zionsamuel: 2:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
Hi pals!
When is the clearance for post graduate students coming to a close? I am a new MBA student and yet to begin clearance.

Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by bastien: 2:33pm On Jul 07, 2014
professorgome:
You have to manually add all your courses in the TMA link, if you have not done so. Be that as it may, TMA's are not yet out so you wont see them in your portal for now. You will see them by August. Just do your reading and try answering the questions at the end of every chapter.
Thanks I now understand cheesy
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Chuksemi(m): 4:11pm On Jul 07, 2014
Anybody doing 1st degree here? Or is there someone here who got his/her 1st degree from noun? Please signify I have questions, please.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by professorgome: 4:13pm On Jul 07, 2014
Chuksemi: Anybody doing 1st degree here? Or is there someone here who got his/her 1st degree from noun? Please signify I have questions, please.
Go ahead and ask your questions... Upto 10001.....
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ewizard1: 4:15pm On Jul 07, 2014
Takoro13:
they accept it in some courses/schools but must be upper credit as ferdi has rightfully said. for more on this link www.nou.edu.ng for adverts. love for all, hatred for none, peace!

Ok thanks... My course is Business Administration. I got Lower Credit. I pray LC is accepted. Can anyone help confirm if they do?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 07, 2014
ewizard1:

Ok thanks... My course is Business Administration. I got Lower Credit. I pray LC is accepted. Can anyone help confirm if they do?
They don't ....still go to them to be very sure.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 07, 2014
professorgome: @Ferdimako and @Greenified: You are both correct. Some people entered school with experience or 'know how's' about the course they are pursuing. Others do not have any experience or 'know how's'. The former can learn without a facilitator but the later cannot. I think ferdimako fell into the first category.
That was why I said unless he is in a weird major. That may mean d one u don't have d grasp of.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by JigsawKillah(m): 4:42pm On Jul 07, 2014
professorgome: @Ferdimako and @Greenified: You are both correct. Some people entered school with experience or 'know how's' about the course they are pursuing. Others do not have any experience or 'know how's'. The former can learn without a facilitator but the later cannot. I think ferdimako fell into the first category.

i've already gone thru first semester 100l without facilitation and i think ferdi was right by saying 'nobody can teach u more than urself'
elementary mechanics was tough as hell and i wished i attended the facilitations lol but i came out with a C
in chm101, i made a C without the course material
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Greenified(m): 4:45pm On Jul 07, 2014
JigsawKillah:

i've already gone thru first semester 100l without facilitation and i think ferdi was right by saying 'nobody can teach u more than urself'
elementary mechanics was tough as hell and i wished i attended the facilitations lol but i came out with a C
in chm101, i made a C without the course material
phy111 nko?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by yobostic62: 5:58pm On Jul 07, 2014
ferdimako:
Buddy, congrats on d supersivor allocation. Did they actually pick one of ur 3 proposed topics or with some modifications? Are u doing MIT? ur SC? I will try to add u on whatsApp...I dey fear- don't remember helping u on anything.

Oga mi, 1 of d 3topics was actually given 2me! No modification @all..... Na Msc(peace studies) I dey do... Apapa study center.
I was @d headquarters dis moni.... He asked me 2ryt a proposal sha...
Omo, any news abt last semester's result??
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by zionsamuel: 6:08pm On Jul 07, 2014
When is the clearance for post graduate students coming to a close? I am a new MBA student and yet to begin clearance.

Thanks

ote author=professorgome]@Ferdimako and @Greenified: You are both correct. Some people entered school with experience or 'know how's' about the course they are pursuing. Others do not have any experience or 'know how's'. The former can learn without a facilitator but the later cannot. I think ferdimako fell into the first category. [/quote]
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Timijo(m): 6:16pm On Jul 07, 2014
Is admission on? I want to apply for a degree course.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Chuksemi(m): 6:36pm On Jul 07, 2014
professorgome:
Go ahead and ask your questions... Upto 10001.....
How credible is the degree certificate? Do I get to go for nysc after getting my degree? If I apply now, when is the admission list going to be released? What are the criterias for getting admitted? Can I study a course like economics with complicated mathematics effectively at noun? Your replies are deeply appreciated, thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by JigsawKillah(m): 6:49pm On Jul 07, 2014
Greenified:
phy111 nko?

yet to do that
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2014
Timijo: Is admission on? I want to apply for a degree course.
with all these news, 'is admission on' is your question. ok o, noun admission is always on but registration is periodic. the registration is going on now while you can obtain your admission pin and proceed. for detail link www.nou.edu.ng and www.noun.edu.ng
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 6:54pm On Jul 07, 2014
Timijo: Is admission on? I want to apply for a degree course.
with all these news, 'is admission on' is your question. ok o, noun admission is always on but registration is periodic. the registration is going on now while you can obtain your admission pin and proceed. for detail link www.nou.edu.ng and www.noun.edu.ng . peace!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 07, 2014
yobostic62:

Oga mi, 1 of d 3topics was actually given 2me! No modification @all..... Na Msc(peace studies) I dey do... Apapa study center.
I was @d headquarters dis moni.... He asked me 2ryt a proposal sha...
Omo, any news abt last semester's result??
Same SC! When did u submit? U reached HQ and did not enquire on results...smh.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 07, 2014
zionsamuel: When is the clearance for post graduate students coming to a close? I am a new MBA student and yet to begin clearance.

Thanks

ote author=professorgome]@Ferdimako and @Greenified: You are both correct. Some people entered school with experience or 'know how's' about the course they are pursuing. Others do not have any experience or 'know how's'. The former can learn without a facilitator but the later cannot. I think ferdimako fell into the first category.

Go to ur SC tomor for clearance. Carry all ur originals and their photocopies...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 7:09pm On Jul 07, 2014
professorgome:

Matric day is 12 July, 2014. To be on the safe side, go to your venue by 6am and be there till they finish.
TMA = Tutor Marked Assignment. It will be sent to your portal after you have registered your courses. You have four TMA's for each course. You are required to print them out, answer the questions, and go back to your portal and fill in your answers.
You can get course materials from: http://www.nou.edu.ng/NOUN_OCL/courses.htm search for your course title in the space provided e.g GST 107. Goodluck.
Sorry for this question prof, why did you say we should be there from 6am till they finish.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 07, 2014
Chuksemi:
How credible is the degree certificate? Do I get to go for nysc after getting my degree? If I apply now, when is the admission list going to be released? What are the criterias for getting admitted? Can I study a course like economics with complicated mathematics effectively at noun? Your replies are deeply appreciated, thanks.
Go to d SC u intend to belong with all these u listed...students' counsellor is trained, updated and paid to answer them all. Go there tomorrow.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 07, 2014
Kazrem:
Sorry for this question prof, why did you say we should be there from 6am till they finish.
Guys dey carry their drinks show + chicks to sample. Na till u throw up things. @Uppa abi na lie?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 07, 2014
JigsawKillah:

yet to do that
That is d elementary mechanics. PHY111. Ur head dey dia so?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Timijo(m): 7:31pm On Jul 07, 2014
Takoro13:
with all these news, 'is admission on' is your question. ok o, noun admission is always on but registration is periodic. the registration is going on now while you can obtain your admission pin and proceed. for detail link www.nou.edu.ng and www.noun.edu.ng . peace!
If I apply will I be given admission in this year?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Timijo(m): 7:32pm On Jul 07, 2014
Takoro13:
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 7:40pm On Jul 07, 2014
Chuksemi:

is as credible as any first class convetional university in nigeria. nysc case still in court for appeal. noun are doing their best to get cleared on the issue but now i dont think noun students involve in nysc. it is an instant admission if you are qualified and you need five credits , no jamb. yes there is economics. for details see www.noun.edu.ng and www.nou.edu.ng
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 7:42pm On Jul 07, 2014
Timijo: If I apply will I be given admission in this year?
yes. any day any night with required credits
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by JigsawKillah(m): 8:26pm On Jul 07, 2014
ferdimako:
That is d elementary mechanics. PHY111. Ur head dey dia so?

lol i lost it
i dont even no the course codes off hand and they are quite confusing to me
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by thaddeus12(m): 8:32pm On Jul 07, 2014
professorgome:

Matric day is 12 July, 2014. To be on the safe side, go to your venue by 6am and be there till they finish.
TMA = Tutor Marked Assignment. It will be sent to your portal after you have registered your courses. You have four TMA's for each course. You are required to print them out, answer the questions, and go back to your portal and fill in your answers.
You can get course materials from: http://www.nou.edu.ng/NOUN_OCL/courses.htm search for your course title in the space provided e.g GST 107. Goodluck.

plz did the TMA have fixed time and date for submission on each one. or should one submit it before the exam commence
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by JigsawKillah(m): 8:45pm On Jul 07, 2014
thaddeus12:

plz did the TMA have fixed time and date for submission on each one. or should one submit it before the exam commence

i'd say submit before exam, its safer that way but the portal sometimes stay open midway into the exams

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (1582) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.