Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,301 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3504012 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (1582) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 4:12pm On Jul 08, 2014
Chuksemi:
Registration closes friday this week? Seriously?
which of the registrations? courses, exams or what?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Timijo(m): 4:23pm On Jul 08, 2014
ferdimako:
American English allows 'advice' to be used as a verb. So it is correct under non-british scenes. Another is 'practice' and others.
Is American English allowed in our schools? Or do we speak American English officially? Can you use I wanna, lemme, gonna while writing an essay in Nigeria? The truth is that American English is not allowed in Nigerian schools. What we use is British English, and that is why textbooks, newspapers, magazines, course books and any other books are all written with British English. We are also encouraged to speak Standard British English. If you listen to some of our local newscasters and movies stars, you will find out that they speak standard British English.
Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by professorgome: 4:26pm On Jul 08, 2014
Timijo: Is American English allowed in our schools? Or do we speak American English officially? Can you use I wanna, lemme, gonna while writing an essay in Nigeria? The truth is that American English is not allowed in Nigerian schools. What we use is British English, and that is why textbooks, newspapers, magazines, course books and any other books are all written with British English. We are also encouraged to speak Standard British English. If you listen to some of our local newscasters and movies stars, you will find out that they speak standard British English.
Thanks.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 6:09pm On Jul 08, 2014
PIANO1995: okay fanks plz dnt b annyd 4 disturbin u ao much is dere tuition fee and is it per semesta or session
Piano, am forced to say something. Han han, you ask question so tey you self know sey you don dey disturb. Most of us didn't ask all these questions before we started and as we progress we began to know somethings. The truth is you cannot see the end of a staircase at the begining, you jsut have to begin first. Go ahead and purchase the form with the little info you have. Success and accomplishment do not come to those who want all questions answered but to those who believe they can no matter the situation. No vex if my talk anger you.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 08, 2014
Timijo: Is American English allowed in our schools? Or do we speak American English officially? Can you use I wanna, lemme, gonna while writing an essay in Nigeria? The truth is that American English is not allowed in Nigerian schools. What we use is British English, and that is why textbooks, newspapers, magazines, course books and any other books are all written with British English. We are also encouraged to speak Standard British English. If you listen to some of our local newscasters and movies stars, you will find out that they speak standard British English.
Thanks.
Y all these? I mentioned d context that d usage is in order. Some folks speak American English in Nigeria- it is not necessarily gonna and wanna, in my IELTS' speaking I almost got stuck...and I had to free myself with American English... I made 7/9. I prefer American pronunciations! Like Anti...semi! U can't cancel American words or spellings because we are using British. U didn't know anyway...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 08, 2014
Takoro13:
Nothing is closing...course and exam regs are on simultaneously.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jpmorgan003: 6:44pm On Jul 08, 2014
Kazrem:
Piano, am forced to say something. Han han, you ask question so tey you self know sey you don dey disturb. Most of us didn't ask all these questions before we started and as we progress we began to know somethings. The truth is you cannot see the end of a staircase at the begining, you jsut have to begin first. Go ahead and purchase the form with the little info you have. Success and accomplishment do not come to those who want all questions answered but to those who believe they can no matter the situation. No vex if my talk anger you.
Succintly put. Gbam!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by joemaps(m): 8:21pm On Jul 08, 2014
Pls, I need help asap. I have a BSc in Computer Science (2.2) and wanna put in for a masters (MSc or MBA) Business Admin in NOUN, I've already bought the pin from the bank for onward processing but a bit not clear about certain things because of rumors making the rounds, and so I wanna be sure:
1. Must I do a pgd first and if not which of MSc or MBA should I do considering ease of admission and marketability?
2. If I do a pgd, must it be in Business Admin or can I choose something like Public Admin and then Master in Business Admin later?
Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Timijo(m): 8:25pm On Jul 08, 2014
ferdimako:
Y all these? I mentioned d context that d usage is in order. Some folks speak American English in Nigeria- it is not necessarily gonna and wanna, in my IELTS I almost got stuck...and I had to free myself with American English... I made 7/9. I prefer American pronunciations! Anti...semi
I am not trying to argue about the usage of english language. What am simply saying is that, it is wrong in Nigerian english. If the word ''advice'' is used as a verb in Nigerian english, it is wrong. The correct one is ''advise''. My correction is to help others who are confused about the usage of the two words.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 08, 2014
Timijo: I am not trying to argue about the usage of english language. What am simply saying is that, it is wrong in Nigerian english. If the word ''advice'' is used as a verb in Nigerian english, it is wrong. The correct one is ''advise''. My correction is to help others who are confused about the usage of the two words.
So if I use American words here...I will be wrong. Is that what u are saying? Even in Nigerian exams...they are allowed....u are only advised to stick to one. Be consistent with either!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 08, 2014
Greenified:
**Feeling Shy to answer, summons courage**
Yesl!
Gather urself and go ace it this time.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Chuksemi(m): 8:51pm On Jul 08, 2014
Takoro13:
Registration for prospective students after application.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 9:53pm On Jul 08, 2014
ferdimako:
Nothing is closing...course and exam regs are on simultaneously.
i want that person to tell me the one he want to close soon. i dont know where he got thr infor. peace!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 9:58pm On Jul 08, 2014
joemaps: Pls, I need help asap. I have a BSc in Computer Science (2.2) and wanna put in for a masters (MSc or MBA) Business Admin in NOUN, I've already bought the pin from the bank for onward processing but a bit not clear about certain things because of rumors making the rounds, and so I wanna be sure:
1. Must I do a pgd first and if not which of MSc or MBA should I do considering ease of admission and marketability?
2. If I do a pgd, must it be in Business Admin or can I choose something like Public Admin and then Master in Business Admin later?
Thanks.
you have these questions at hand and you proceed to obtain pin without answers. please, go to noun official web and/or SC for reliable answers. peace!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 10:00pm On Jul 08, 2014
Chuksemi:
Registration for prospective students after application.
that is not noun i know. ask question lets give answers. peace!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Greenified(m): 10:09pm On Jul 08, 2014
Takoro13:
that is not noun i know. ask question lets give answers. peace!
Maybe he thinks dey cant register after matric
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Greenified(m): 10:45pm On Jul 08, 2014
Waoh i made the 6000th post *boom*
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by eedriyz(m): 11:25pm On Jul 08, 2014
Greenified: Waoh i made the 6000th post *boom*
And it's a useless one too. Is this how your other 5999 posts are? You can call Seun for your trophy. grin
Greenified: Waoh i made the 6000th post *boom*
And it's a useless one too. Is this how your other 5999 posts are? You can call Seun for your trophy.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Greenified(m): 11:30pm On Jul 08, 2014
eedriyz: And it's a useless one too. Is this how your other 5999 posts are? You can call Seun for your trophy. grin And it's a useless one too. Is this how your other 5999 posts are? You can call Seun for your trophy.
Sorry Sir, my former post before the one u quoted was the 6000th post on this thread. Its either u learn to comprehend better or Swerve...!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by uppa(m): 12:37am On Jul 09, 2014
ferdimako:
Guys dey carry their drinks show + chicks to sample. Na till u throw up things. @Uppa abi na lie?
very true!!!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by eedriyz(m): 12:45am On Jul 09, 2014
Greenified:
Sorry Sir, my former post before the one u quoted was the 6000th post on this thread. Its either u learn to comprehend better or Swerve...!
Whareva. No one (at least me) cares if it's your 600,000th post. So, you need not to announce... That's my point
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by shinexzy: 12:57am On Jul 09, 2014
Pls can someone still pay for school fee after matric?pls I need quick response to that!

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Greenified(m): 3:27am On Jul 09, 2014
eedriyz: Whareva. No one (at least me) cares if it's your 600,000th post. So, you need not to announce... That's my point
And who are u to decide that? Ok i've noticed u nw. Carry anoda person matter for head like Nepa Pole. Anafia, Thunde.r fire u dere, werey jati jati.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Greenified(m): 3:32am On Jul 09, 2014
shinexzy: Pls can someone still pay for school fee after matric?pls I need quick response to that!
yes u can
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by eedriyz(m): 4:15am On Jul 09, 2014
Greenified:
And who are u to decide that? Ok i've noticed u nw. Carry anoda person matter for head like Nepa Pole. Anafia, Thunde.r fire u dere, werey jati jati.
lol. Bolo. Na people like you go dey shout about on top 6,000 twitter followers. Carry your posts go collect money for bank. I hate people who get proud over useless stuffs. Didirin
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Greenified(m): 4:34am On Jul 09, 2014
eedriyz: lol. Bolo. Na people like you go dey shout about on top 6,000 twitter followers. Carry your posts go collect money for bank. I hate people who get proud over useless stuffs. Didirin
Are u done barking?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by eedriyz(m): 6:15am On Jul 09, 2014
Greenified:
Are u done barking?
Yes boss
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by professorgome: 7:47am On Jul 09, 2014
@Greenified and @eedriyz:
Let me observe that NL had some serious issues the last time insults and name calling emanated in this forum. Both of you should be careful so that we can avoid further losses. I rest my case.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Greenified(m): 7:55am On Jul 09, 2014
professorgome: @Greenified and @eedriyz:
Let me observe that NL had some serious issues the last time insults and name calling emanated in this forum. Both of you should be careful so that we can avoid further losses. I rest my case.
I'm very sorry but he should also learn to mind his business.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by 4reigningqueen: 8:21am On Jul 09, 2014
here we go again with trouble makers and english teachers. Only that this time, they aint females!

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mumu9gerian: 8:36am On Jul 09, 2014
Greenified:
u are the unintelligent one,why announce here when made ur 6000th post,u could have created a thread for people to announce their landmark achievements on nairaland
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Greenified(m): 8:41am On Jul 09, 2014
mumu9gerian:
u are the unintelligent one,why announce here when made ur 6000th post,u could have created a thread for people to announce their landmark achievements on nairaland
I didnt say my 6000th post, i said the thread's 6000th simply pointing hw far we've gone. Aside that it would have been better to ignore than insult me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (1582) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.