Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3503907 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (1582) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by professorgome: 12:08pm On Jul 11, 2014
ferdimako:
U haven't paid? Anyway...I know y. I have officially spent N116K....& counting.
What made up your 116k?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 11, 2014
professorgome:
What made up your 116k?
U meant it is lower right.... I paid N70,500 first semester and N45,500 this second semester...would have been without N2,000 but I registered my project for exams....too much money? No, NOUN has not charged me for d N10,500 increment. I dey flex that cash until they remember it, if they don't...I embezzle it.LOL!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by professorgome: 1:00pm On Jul 11, 2014
ferdimako:
U meant it is lower right.... I paid N70,500 first semester and N45,500 this second semester...would have been without N2,000 but I registered my project for exams....too much money? No, NOUN has not charged me for d N10,500 increment. I dey flex that cash until they remember it, if they don't...I embezzle it.LOL!
Lucky u. Till the discovery, if at all.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by prudentheart(f): 1:10pm On Jul 11, 2014
Mariam19:
Am a student in ib centre
Okay, Good.!
I Intend coming down to Ib S.C, but i would like to know which route to take from Iwo Road to Sango-Eleyele in Ijokodo where the study center is located.
Your Detailed Description will be sincerely appreciated.
Many thanks Mariam.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by gambudu: 1:11pm On Jul 11, 2014
@ferdimako and professo.. what do u guys have to say abt d project fees,should i register it along with my course reg?the course reg fee is 12k
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 11, 2014
gambudu: @ferdimako and professo.. what do u guys have to say abt d project fees,should i register it along with my course reg?the course reg fee is 12k
Yep....I think this is ur second and last semester...even if u intend not or unable to carry out ur project alongside other courses. If not, next session first semester's fee of N23K will catch up with u. Save that cash by registering ur project now.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by gambudu: 1:32pm On Jul 11, 2014
ferdimako:
Yep....I think this is ur second and last semester...even if u intend not or unable to carry out ur project alongside other courses. If not, next session first semester's fee of N23K will catch up with u. Save that cash by registering ur project now.
wow,so if i leave it till next year,then i will have to pay another skool fees along with the 12k?.let me credit my ewallet now.tnx
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 11, 2014
gambudu: wow,so if i leave it till next year,then i will have to pay another skool fees along with the 12k?.let me credit my ewallet now.tnx
Pls do...many pple fall into that trap. I'm happy u gonna dodge it. If u don't have anything to do in ur portal...u don't owe 'portal-wise', if not, to register ur project next year, u must pay compulsory fee to be able to reach it for registration.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Deyinka007: 3:28pm On Jul 11, 2014
Edited
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by gambudu: 4:06pm On Jul 11, 2014
Deyinka007: Hello guys, I have Upper Credit in HND Physics with Electronics and I'm aiming to apply for 200L Computer Science. What are my chances of being admitted? Please, advice.

Thanks..
but y? u have pgd in comp sc or info tech, from which u can proceed for ur Masters.in 3 years u are done with both.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by professorgome: 4:07pm On Jul 11, 2014
Deyinka007: Hello guys, I have Upper Credit in HND Physics with Electronics and I'm aiming to apply for 200L Computer Science. What are my chances of being admitted? Please, advice.

Thanks..
1/2.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 11, 2014
gambudu: but y? u have pgd in comp sc or info tech, from which u can proceed for ur Masters.in 3 years u are done with both.
Good one...maybe he doesn't know this route or wants to deepen from undergra.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 11, 2014
Pls...d increments are: N7,500 for new and returning students first semester & N10,500 for returning students second semester. I saw somewhere a thread was created saying it is from N58K to N115K. Abeg oh...unless na to job parents etc.

NOUN and lies...where is d result in my portal? Anyway, I should be there next Wednesday.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by pricelessmr: 6:19pm On Jul 11, 2014
gambudu: but y? u have pgd in comp sc or info tech, from which u can proceed for ur Masters.in 3 years u are done with both.

He might be interested in replacing the HND with BSc, then pursue his career fully elsewhere.

A friend, who's HND holder in accounting and chattered 7 years ago, faced a lot of challenges irrespective of ICAN due to hnd discrimination.

Honestly, HND + PGD + MSc is a faster route, but can't guarantee him a PhD overseas except he has strong research experience. You can clinch PhD directly with BSc, NOT HND .
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by juns4sure(m): 6:25pm On Jul 11, 2014
Hi everybody..please wheres d venue for the matriculation...?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 6:53pm On Jul 11, 2014
juns4sure: Hi everybody..please wheres d venue for the matriculation...?
Campos stadium Obalende. From Obalende, just take Marwa to campos stadium.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 11, 2014
pricelessmr:

He might be interested in replacing the HND with BSc, then pursue his career fully elsewhere.

A friend, who's HND holder in accounting and chattered 7 years ago, faced a lot of challenges irrespective of ICAN due to hnd discrimination.

Honestly, HND + PGD + MSc is a faster route, but can't guarantee him a PhD overseas except he has strong research experience. You can clinch PhD directly with BSc, NOT HND .
B.Sc without research experience won't still get one a research-based M.Sc let alone PhD.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by juns4sure(m): 8:13pm On Jul 11, 2014
Kazrem:
boss please i need you to explain some stuff for me..can i have your digit please...u can pm me...thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 11, 2014
Kazrem:
It depends on SC...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Obinoscopy(m): 9:01pm On Jul 11, 2014
Kazrem:
Which Study Centre is that?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 9:50pm On Jul 11, 2014
Obinoscopy: Which Study Centre is that?
I use Ikeja centre.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by juns4sure(m): 9:57pm On Jul 11, 2014
Kazrem:
I use Ikeja centre.
same here
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 9:59pm On Jul 11, 2014
Folks, please am trying to download TSM 104 but nothing comes. I then went through the courses, I saw TSM 101 with 104 bracket in front of it. Is it the same? Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Obinoscopy(m): 10:00pm On Jul 11, 2014
Kazrem:
I use Ikeja centre.
Ok, because the matrric venue for McCarthy is at the Study Centre. So it means that of Ikeja is at Campos Stadium.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 10:19pm On Jul 11, 2014
juns4sure: boss please i need you to explain some stuff for me..can i have your digit please...u can pm me...thanks
I HAVE SENT A MAIL TO YOU BRO

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Deyinka007: 10:19pm On Jul 11, 2014
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 11, 2014
Deyinka007:

You're right man, it's due to challenges at my job where a MSc cert with PGD is viewed as lesser than that of a MSc cert with BSc back ground. That's why I asked if I could be admitted with my HND because my OND is lower credit. Thanks for the responses everyone.
Go to the study center and table ur wahala....HND Upper to do B.Sc! U will get in.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 10:38pm On Jul 11, 2014
Kazrem: Folks, please am trying to download TSM 104 but nothing comes. I then went through the courses, I saw TSM 101 with 104 bracket in front of it. Is it the same? Thanks
yes
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 2:38am On Jul 12, 2014
Takoro13:
yes
Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ewizard1: 4:52am On Jul 12, 2014
I cant believe i missed 5 Pages of this thread!!! Kudos to all Key Men on the thread!

I finally got sure my OND Lower Credit can not admit me. Its Ok, would go from the start.

-Please, how fast must i get the form to be in the next set of Freshers.

-Anyone in Business Administration Dept to help with a sure Break down of my Total Tuition few per semester.
(So i wont be stuck in the middle of the programme.)

-Can anyone please volunteer to share Digits/BBM Pin so i can buzz for help if i need urgent help.
ewizard1@yahoo.com

Thanks everyone.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ijeomaobi1: 11:37am On Jul 12, 2014
Hello ferdimako or anybody in the house,

Please I need someone who can help me out with my accounting and business finance. Can you help me out with a contact. I only have time on Sundays that's why I can't attend any tutorial. Thank you all
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Obinoscopy(m): 12:04pm On Jul 12, 2014

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (1582) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.