Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3482636 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by AccentedProdigy: 4:46pm On Jul 12, 2014
Hello...everyone..I've got mind bungling questions..that need answers..could anyone be of help?!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by JustCare: 6:00pm On Jul 12, 2014
Hello peeps! I want to know the chances of one getting into 100 level law program in NOUN. I have checked the site for relevant information but I still need contribution from experienced fellas here.
I'm currently an undergraduate student in Lagos.
Thanks in advance!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by gambudu: 11:25pm On Jul 12, 2014
JustCare: Hello peeps! I want to know the chances of one getting into 100 level law program in NOUN. I have checked the site for relevant information but I still need contribution from experienced fellas here.
Thanks in advance!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by pricelessmr: 2:08am On Jul 13, 2014
ferdimako:
B.Sc without research experience won't still get one a research-based M.Sc let alone PhD.

Generally, a good BSc without research publication ( afterall u did research project prior to graduation), still opens doors for advanced degree overseas.

HND is never recognized abroad, except for a BSc program admission. It's painful to see smart polytechnic guys denied promotion because of paper type.

Deyinka007:
You're right man, it's due to challenges at my job where a MSc cert with PGD is viewed as lesser than that of a MSc cert with BSc back ground . That's why I asked if I could be admitted with my HND because my OND is lower credit. Thanks for the responses everyone.

That's exactly what I tried to point out. A first degree in any course (Bachelor's degree) gives you certain edge, where additional certification like PGD or just a 2week course is seen as an enrichment to your profile.

Good you observed it. This could be an opportunity for you to make first class or a strong 2:1, then do MSc in a choice course/ university.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by AccentedProdigy: 6:21am On Jul 13, 2014
Is registration still going on.....
I completed my registration last year..I got a matriculation number and all..but..I didn't go back to pay...do I need to start the registration process all over?!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by JustCare: 6:47am On Jul 13, 2014
JustCare: Hello peeps! I want to know the chances of one getting into 100 level law program in NOUN. I have checked the site for relevant information but I still need contribution from experienced fellas here.
Thanks in advance!
Is there no one here to answer me
someone should say something please!!!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ewizard1: 7:01am On Jul 13, 2014
cry
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by AccentedProdigy: 7:05am On Jul 13, 2014
say something..ewizard...please!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Obinoscopy(m): 7:14am On Jul 13, 2014
Thanks in advance!
If you have the minimum SSCE requirements (5 credits Maths, English, Lit in English included) then your chances of getting admission are high irrespective of whether you are an undergraduate or not. But it will be very stressful for you, don't you think?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by chade(f): 7:17am On Jul 13, 2014
Pls can i get a link to d site dat shows d increment in sch fees cos my dad wants evidence.pls reply asap,tnx
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by JustCare: 7:19am On Jul 13, 2014
Obinoscopy: If you have the minimum SSCE requirements (5 credits Maths, English, Lit in English included) then your chances of getting admission are high irrespective of whether you are an undergraduate or not. But it will be very stressful for you, don't you think?
Thanks for your attention. I really wanted to know if it would be hard getting it just like in non open schools
Besides, I will cope...all my e-time would be channeled to the course.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by AccentedProdigy: 7:25am On Jul 13, 2014
could anyone who could be of help...drop their Facebook username..please!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 9:55am On Jul 13, 2014
chade: Pls can i get a link to d site dat shows d increment in sch fees cos my dad wants evidence.pls reply asap,tnx
Once is you visit noun.edu.ng, that's the first page that will pop up. When you click on it, you will see both the old fees and the new fees. You will have to print it, its in PDF format.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 9:58am On Jul 13, 2014
AccentedProdigy: Is registration still going on.....
I completed my registration last year..I got a matriculation number and all..but..I didn't go back to pay...do I need to start the registration process all over?!
You don't to start anything other than to go pay your compulsory fee (You must have told of the amount), course registartion and exam fee.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 10:07am On Jul 13, 2014
JustCare:
Sometimes, its nature of how you ask a question that determine if it will be answered or not. Asking "my chance of ...." may not be a good way, because in my own opinion, we are not admission officer who can tell you "your chance" of getting admitted. Now my advice, visit www.nou.edu.ng and see the requirements for law. Thereafter, you can ask question of what you don't understand.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by JustCare: 11:34am On Jul 13, 2014
Kazrem:
Sometimes, its nature of how you ask a question that determine if it will be answered or not. Asking "my chance of ...." may not be a good way, because in my own opinion, we are not admission officer who can tell you "your chance" of getting admitted. Now my advice, visit www.nou.edu.ng and see the requirements for law. Thereafter, you can ask question of what you don't understand.
Oga my question remains my question. Besides, I have been to the site...you don't expect someone of my level doing research to omit that.
If you have no answer for it ...then let it rest. I actually want to know if there is a high competition in getting the course there just the way it's in ordinary universities
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by AdexAbbey(m): 12:09pm On Jul 13, 2014
Please, i heard that there is a study centre in warri... But i don't knw the location... Anybody that can help me for the address?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 13, 2014
JustCare:
Oga my question remains my question. Besides, I have been to the site...you don't expect someone of my level doing research to omit that.
If you have no answer for it ...then let it rest. I actually want to know if there is a high competition in getting the course there just the way it's in ordinary universities
U can only b grateful to any comments. There is no admission list... meaning ur application is successful once u meet up with d requirements. Do u think u can cope with ur Unilag major?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by JustCare: 1:07pm On Jul 13, 2014
ferdimako:
U can only b grateful to any comments. There is no admission list... meaning ur application is successful once u meet up with d requirements. Do u think u can cope with ur Unilag major?
yes boss! perhaps I don't need to be attending classes @study centres unless I have the time or is attendance compulsory
Besides, I wanna dedicate my huge e-time to it!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 13, 2014
JustCare:
yes boss! perhaps I don't need to be attending classes @study centres unless I have the time or is attendance compulsory
Besides, I wanna dedicate my huge e-time to it!
No official classes. It is not all-electronic as u think. U basically study ur materials....d electronic parts of it are course and exam registrations, pulling in online materials and chatting with others. Non-law courses are e-exam (Intranet I believe) while any course that starts with LAW is written with a pen on an answer booklet (POP). Both are done under supervisions at ur study center but u can do ur assignments (TMAs) anywhere anytime.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Obinoscopy(m): 2:09pm On Jul 13, 2014
JustCare:
Thanks for your attention. I really wanted to know if it would be hard getting it just like in non open schools
Besides, I will cope...all my e-time would be channeled to the course.
It is very easy to get admission to NOUN as long as you meet the requirements. There's nothing like JAMB or catchment area or VCs list or Post UME, etc.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by 4reigningqueen: 2:27pm On Jul 13, 2014
JustCare:

something!!!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Obinoscopy(m): 3:15pm On Jul 13, 2014
Hi guys,

Happy Sunday.

I noticed that there are several groups within NOUN that have threads, namely:

Thread for NOUN Law Students

Thread for NOUN MBA Students

Thread for NOUN Abuja Study Centre

This is a good development. I also wish to recommend that we create more threads for groups that have no thread. Such group includes:

Thread for NOUN Mathematics Student

Thread for NOUN Computer Students

Thread for NOUN Criminology Students

etc

Each NOUNite who's group doesn't have a thread can create one. After this is done, we can recommend the threads for frontpage to get more members. I believe this will help us as we get ready to begin our research/studies/TMA discussions on our various courses.

This particular thread will be for general discussions and enquiries while the other sub-threads will be solely for academic purposes. So guys what do you say?

3 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by JustCare: 3:42pm On Jul 13, 2014
4reigningqueen:

something!!!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by JustCare: 3:44pm On Jul 13, 2014
Obinoscopy: It is very easy to get admission to NOUN as long as you meet the requirements. There's nothing like JAMB or catchment area or VCs list or Post UME, etc.
tnx!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by JustCare: 3:48pm On Jul 13, 2014
ferdimako:
No official classes. It is not all-electronic as u think. U basically study ur materials....d electronic parts of it are course and exam registrations, pulling in online materials and chatting with others. Non-law courses are e-exam (Intranet I believe) while any course that starts with LAW is written with a pen on an answer booklet (POP). Both are done under supervisions at ur study center but u can do ur assignments (TMAs) anywhere anytime.
A heap of thanks boss!
it's really more serious than other courses.
when will next admission round start? guess ASUU strikers don't play them
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by JustCare: 5:04pm On Jul 13, 2014
^^
What about the law students who graduated January...what's their fate with regards to law school and accreditation issue?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 13, 2014
JustCare: ^^
What about the law students who graduated January...what's their fate with regards to law school and accreditation issue?
No clue..let that be ur concern that u dig to get an answer for between now and d next enrollment period of January 2015. Remember u can go to any study center for official updated info or rely on students. So law students, what is up on law school? NYSC? Mak una dey ask NOUN! No ASUU strikes! No students' Union!
Admission PIN is sold every work day and admission is every day but next enrollment is January.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by AccentedProdigy: 5:45pm On Jul 13, 2014
I hope one can get a job with NOUNS certificate...
I really pray...mass.communication
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by AccentedProdigy: 5:56pm On Jul 13, 2014
As an aspirant..I really need all the help...I can get...
if you've got any information to share...please use
obinnaemodi@Gmail.com
thanks all
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 13, 2014
AccentedProdigy: I hope one can get a job with NOUNS certificate...
I really pray...mass.communication
na u go create jobs oh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.