Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,245 members, 7,836,167 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (469) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3503642 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (1582) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MimiHANS(m): 4:53pm On Dec 09, 2015
Angel15:
Pls i just applied for PGDE today, after meeting the necessary requirements, this is what i got:

*Application Status: Not Admitted
Sorry! You did not meet the Admission Requirements for B.Sc. Mass
Communication, thus online admission is denied!However, you can use
the link below to print your Application Form for future reference.
You may also consider changing to another course
****If you feel you are qualified, kindly mail support@noun.edu.ng for
a review of your application. Remember to quote your form number

I did first degree pub admin, 3rd class and i applied for education (PGDE) which the only available course in PGD. Please i need help.

Ma'am, what I can deduce from this is, it's likely you erroneously applied for B.Sc. Mass Communication while filling the online form. One of the reasons why applicants need to be very conscientious in the process of filling the online form.

In the nutshell, go to your proposed SC with the print-out for a review of your application.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by chyna4luv: 6:06am On Dec 10, 2015
chyna4luv:

I appreciate your response. lastly, how do they take their lectures considering the fact that I am working and the nature. Also, after printing my provisional admission letter, do I still required to go to o the school to submit anything?

good morning pals.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Prec1ous(m): 7:19am On Dec 10, 2015
THIS SCHOLARSHIP IS FOR ALL NIGERIANS AND AFRICANS, APPLICATIONS ARE ON

Brief description: The Science in Foreign Service (SFS) at Georgetown University USA is offering a full-tuition scholarship for a talented students from sub-Saharan Africa 2016/2017

Follow the link below to begin your application and submit immediately:

MSFS Scholarship for African Students at Georgetown University USA 2016/2017
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by TUNEX89(m): 8:19am On Dec 10, 2015
TUNEX89:
Pls any good samaritan with the following past question papers should help a brother. ENT231, ENT323. MGS303. ENT325, ENT329, SMS303, ACC307, SMS305, ENT313, ENT331. Thanks in anticipation. My email is bigstone61@yahoo.com
pls and pls somebody should respond to this i don't mind paying for them. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SONKOko(m): 9:25am On Dec 10, 2015
chyna4luv:

good morning pals.

I hope someone has answered you on mode of lecture, if not no lecture you self-study. Your material is your lecturer.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kunleee(m): 9:35am On Dec 10, 2015
Angel15:
Pls i just applied for PGDE today, after meeting the necessary requirements, this is what i got:

*Application Status: Not Admitted
Sorry! You did not meet the Admission Requirements for B.Sc. Mass
Communication, thus online admission is denied!However, you can use
the link below to print your Application Form for future reference.
You may also consider changing to another course
****If you feel you are qualified, kindly mail support@noun.edu.ng for
a review of your application. Remember to quote your form number

I did first degree pub admin, 3rd class and i applied for education (PGDE) which the only available course in PGD. Please i need help.
while do you choose PGDE, maybe with your 3rd class Bsc but NOUN offer Master in PUB ADMIN (MPA). i was told then to change my choice to MSC PUB ADMIN instead of my preferred MBA cus i had BSc Sociology.
Go to your nearest SC for clarification.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by maximilian19(m): 9:49am On Dec 10, 2015
Pls how can i get, pass NOUN questions for accounting 300level?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by xlency(f): 12:53pm On Dec 10, 2015
donbrowser:

With what I know

2 units = 2k
3 units = 2.5k, 3k (some electives are 2.5)
4 units = 3.5k, 4k

** I know by now you should have received a lot of bbm requests and whatsapp greetings.

;lol,none of such though,but i still dont understand how it is being done,how much is the second semester tuition,and when is the registeration starting,the project is 4 unis how do we go about that,many uncleared issues,please someone shoul please spare me attention.08138738393,her.excellency.7@facebook.com ,herexcellency0409@gmail.com
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by richtubor: 10:43pm On Dec 10, 2015

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by chyna4luv: 4:32am On Dec 11, 2015
SONKOko:

I hope someone has answered you on mode of lecture, if not no lecture you self-study. Your material is your lecturer.

yah but not too cleared enough. May I request you buttress my point again.

Also, as anybody(new PGD intake) visited their SC and get screened successfully?

kindly reply thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by BigJakie: 11:51am On Dec 11, 2015
Good afternoon all... Please is there anyone in the house who has successfully completed their JAMB regularization process.

I started mine but my course of study is not listed in the drop down menu for courses In the JAMB website.

All numbers in NOUN website has been switched off for days and no email reply either from all their addresses which is quite discouraging.

Has anyone encountered similar problem or knows a solution to this?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kendrick0000: 8:10pm On Dec 11, 2015
Hi guys, pls kindly help.
I'm in 400l, preparing for 2nd semester; studying B.Sc Accounting.
My project topic have been approved and I've been assigned a project supervisor. My questions are...
(1) I heard seminar is compulsory for all students before graduation; is that true? Because seminar is not available in Registrable Courses for B.Sc Accounting.
(2) After my 2nd semester exam in March/April, 2016, how long would it take before NOUN issues me Statement of Result?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by wableo: 10:53pm On Dec 11, 2015
I am aaster student in Info tech. I am in the second semester now. Can I submit my project topic now? How? Want to finish as early as possible
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kysa(f): 6:30am On Dec 12, 2015
niminimi22:
Please I need any french course past question papers. Am taking it as an elective. If u have it pls let me know so dat I can contact you. Thanks

hello any French/international relations student here

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by TUNEX89(m): 7:56am On Dec 12, 2015
How and where can someone get past question papers ? Pls and pls.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kendrick0000: 8:04am On Dec 12, 2015
maximilian19:
Pls how can i get, pass NOUN questions for accounting 300level?

Contact me via domedity@gmail.com
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kendrick0000: 8:08am On Dec 12, 2015
TUNEX89:
Pls any good samaritan with the following past question papers should help a brother. ENT231, ENT323. MGS303. ENT325, ENT329, SMS303, ACC307, SMS305, ENT313, ENT331. Thanks in anticipation. My email is bigstone61@yahoo.com

I can help with ACC 307, SMS 303 & SMS 305
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by maekhel(m): 8:08am On Dec 12, 2015
SONKOko:

Mrng guys, the fees schedule on NOUN website for new students is not specified by 1st & 2nd semesters while that for returning students is specified.
Does this means new students are to pay the fees on the fees schedule twice(1st and 2nd semester)
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 12, 2015
maekhel:

Mrng guys, the fees schedule on NOUN website for new students is not specified by 1st & 2nd semesters while that for returning students is specified.
Does this means mean new students are to pay the fees on the fees schedule twice(1st and 2nd semester)
In ur second semester, u pay N13K compulsory fee and pay to register ur courses and exams. Bro, try and read well.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 12, 2015
wableo:
I am aaster student in Info tech. I am in the second semester now. Can I submit my project topic now? How? Want to finish as early as possible
Submit ur three project topics immediately after ur next course registration.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MimiHANS(m): 9:16am On Dec 12, 2015
wableo:

Yes, you can submit your project proposal after you must have registered for your next Courses. REASON: It will show and/or be included with the course units you've amassed in your portal. It is a 'very good' notion to submit your project proposal earlier so as to be assigned a supervisor on time and to finish as early as possible.

I believe you're from Ibadan SC coz I was opportuned to see one of your previous comments regarding Ibadan SC.
Go to one of the cafes in the school premises. They have the exact replica of the project proposal. You can as well make a copy there. However, take your three project topics along.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 12, 2015
MimiHANS:

Yes, you can submit your project proposal after you must have registered for your next Courses. REASON: It will show and/or be included with the course units you've amassed in your portal. It is a 'very good' notion to submit your project proposal earlier so as to be assigned a supervisor on time and to finish as early as possible.

I believe you're from Ibadan SC coz I was to see one of your previous comments regarding Ibadan SC.
Go to one of the cafes in the school premises. They have the exact replica of the project proposal. You can as well make a copy there. However, take your three project topics along.
I was opportune...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by richtubor: 9:36am On Dec 12, 2015
NOUN Set To Increase Student’s Access To University Through Online Degrees

Prof. Vincent Tenebe, the Vice Chancellor, National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), on Friday said the institution was targeting more students’ access to university with its online degrees.

Tenebe said this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on the sideline of the Presentation of the NOUN project on Open Educational Resource (OERs) and Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)’’.

According to him, while OERs are educational materials made available freely for reuse, revision, remixing and redistribution, MOOCs are short courses aimed at unlimited participation and open access through the web.

NOUN, being a forerunner in Open and Distance Learning, is keying into this because we know we have the capacity to contribute OERs and MOOCs to the global community.

While its mission seeks to provide cost-effective, flexible learning which adds life-long value to quality education for all who seek knowledge, it also aims to make higher education more accessible to people.

http://nounites.com/forums/topic/noun-set-to-increase-students-access-to-university-through-online-degrees/
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MimiHANS(m): 9:53am On Dec 12, 2015
BigJakie:
Good afternoon all... Please is there anyone in the house who has successfully completed their JAMB regularization process.

I started mine but my course of study is not listed in the drop down menu for courses In the JAMB website.

All numbers in NOUN website has been switched off for days and no email reply either from all their addresses which is quite discouraging.

Has anyone encountered similar problem or knows a solution to this?

I have favorably completed mine. Science and Tech tho.
I think you should hold on. Hopefully, the issue will soon be rectified. You can actually retry it next week Monday.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by RockyHolakhayo: 10:34am On Dec 12, 2015
please i went to a bank to pay for noun admission form... they told me to go to a cyber cafe and get reference number . how true ist, but i thought it the bank that would give me reference number and pin number for registration in cafe
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 12, 2015
Once I visited my school (OAU) a friend who studied law in NOUN asked me to confirm if OAU accepts first degree cert from NOUN. He was interested in applying for masters in OUA. To my utmost dismay, I was told that NOUN has not legalised their program, that it's not accredited by NUT. As such, OAU does not accept a cert. from there. And I wonder why a university established by Federal govt. Itself is not accredited.

The truth is they have the best study material ever. Lecturers from conventional universities make use of their study materials. I remember when I had an assignment in school, I researched online and It happened that the result I clicked on was NOUN study material. Believe me, I never got such a rich material from my own school. I even discovered that My lecturer was given us notes from same material verbatim.

Despite all these, the school is not accredited, it's too bad. I think you guys who attend or are attending or have the intention of studying there should fight this so that your labour won't be in vain. In fact, I wanted to shout it out to the whole world on all media I know that NOUN is toying with the future of Nigerian, making people waste their fund.

Take for instance, their law students are yet to go to law school. This makes me believe that they are not accredited. If they were their students will be attending law school just like students from other universities. So trade carefully.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 12, 2015
ifydarkie:
I heard that NOUN has never produced another set of Graduates after the first one (the one in which Ex-President Obasanjo was also a graduating Student). It was probably because of Obasanjo they did that Convocation. Also, I've never met ant Graduate, or heard of any Graduate from NOUN. Pls, I need info, my Kid Sister is really considering buying their form, and studying there.

Please Reply,

Thanks.

A friend of mine convocated this year, a few months after writing his final exam, which means they produce new graduates every year. The question you should ask is "can you use their certificate to further?" That's the delima my friend is into now.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by maximilian19(m): 12:50pm On Dec 12, 2015
Kendrick0000:

Contact me via domedity@gmail.com
thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 12, 2015
Kendrick0000:
Hi guys, pls kindly help.
I'm in 400l, preparing for 2nd semester; studying B.Sc Accounting.
My project topic have been approved and I've been assigned a project supervisor. My questions are...
(1) I heard seminar is compulsory for all students before graduation; is that true? Because seminar is not available in Registrable Courses for B.Sc Accounting.
(2) After my 2nd semester exam in March/April, 2016, how long would it take before NOUN issues me Statement of Result?

A friend of mine submitted his project just about a week to the convocation day and his name still came out in the convocation list. He got his certificate instantly but there was a spelling error in his name. It took less than a month to correct the problem. They issue result fast. The only thing you need to worry about is its accreditation.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by wableo: 1:10pm On Dec 12, 2015
kosplateau:

Submit ur three project topics immediately after ur next course registration.
Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by wableo: 1:13pm On Dec 12, 2015
MimiHANS:

I believe you're from Ibadan SC coz I was opportuned to see one of your previous comments regarding Ibadan SC.
OK. Yes im in Ibadan centre. I am going to submit the proposal too?

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (1582) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.