Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,301 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (472) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3504012 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (1582) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Chikare(f): 7:35am On Dec 16, 2015
Please do anyone have idea about the date of 2016 convocation ceremony?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by prof2015(m): 8:19am On Dec 16, 2015
Kazrem:

Where did you stop?
Continue from where you stopped.
I registered 100 level first semester course and exam but didn't write the exam
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 9:13am On Dec 16, 2015
prof2015:
OK. You will reregister for only the exam.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by TUNEX89(m): 9:43am On Dec 16, 2015
Kendrick0000:

I'm encountering some difficulties in sending them. I'm sorry.
ok. Pls keep trying i need them badly. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 16, 2015
kaycome:

Seriously things like this put fear in my heart. I plan to start my program this next month but i don't know if am to continue. I don't want to waste my time and resources on what will not produce good results.
Have anybody experience things like this again. I mean a situation where conventional universities refuse to accept cert from noun.

What kind of rubbish info is this? If OAU is not accepting it try other institutions they are. I know people doing PhD with their Masters certificate let alone their Bsc. Please, don't post thrash online. NUC banned foreign online programmes so people like you can take advantage of NOUN, also currently a lot of Federal institutions are currently doing online programmes go and ask OAU again. As for the law programme I guess NOUN has to work on that aspect quick so they go for law school. NOUN is like NECO so stop this thrash.

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by liljaydee(m): 9:50am On Dec 16, 2015
i got this mail when i finished applying on noun portal today....... really dont understand why am seeing 2013 shocked shocked shocked shocked

Hello DAVIES jamiu olalekan

Congratulations JAMIU OLALEKAN, your application is successful and you have been offered provisional admission to B.Sc. Public Administration in NOUN.

Applicant Name : JAMIU OLALEKAN
Form/Reg Number :1501302054

Study Center :Agidingbi,Ikeja
Programme: Undergraduate

Course Offered :B.Sc. Public Administration
Session: 2012/2013

Proceed to your study center for clearance from March 1 2013

The information submitted through this form is priviledge, confidential, and protected from disclosure.
This information is intended only for the use of the University. The University totally disclaims, and will not accept, any responsibility or liability for
the unauthorized use, or the consequences of any unauthorized use, of this information.

For any enquiry send a mail to admission@noun.edu.ng or call 01-4543749 (8am - 5pm, Monday to Friday)

Best Regards,
Management
========================================
National Open University of Nigeria...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tola9ja: 11:07am On Dec 16, 2015
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MimiHANS(m): 11:33am On Dec 16, 2015
Chikare:
Please do anyone have idea about the date of 2016 convocation ceremony?

Apparently, second/third week of January, 2016.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 16, 2015
liljaydee:
i got this mail when i finished applying on noun portal today....... really dont understand why am seeing 2013 shocked shocked shocked shocked

Hello DAVIES jamiu olalekan

Congratulations JAMIU OLALEKAN, your application is successful and you have been offered provisional admission to B.Sc. Public Administration in NOUN.

Applicant Name : JAMIU OLALEKAN
Form/Reg Number :1501302054

Study Center :Agidingbi,Ikeja
Programme: Undergraduate

Course Offered :B.Sc. Public Administration
Session: 2012/2013

Proceed to your study center for clearance from March 1 2013

The information submitted through this form is priviledge, confidential, and protected from disclosure.
This information is intended only for the use of the University. The University totally disclaims, and will not accept, any responsibility or liability for
the unauthorized use, or the consequences of any unauthorized use, of this information.

For any enquiry send a mail to admission@noun.edu.ng or call 01-4543749 (8am - 5pm, Monday to Friday)

Best Regards,
Management
========================================
National Open University of Nigeria...

Dont panic bro...it happened to me
just print your admission letter and proceed to ur Study centre
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by liljaydee(m): 4:30pm On Dec 16, 2015
SunnyBlaze1:

Dont panic bro...it happened to me
just print your admission letter and proceed to ur Study centre

thanks bro............. please the registration fee is the first payment i need to make right? or the whole compulsory fee?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 16, 2015
liljaydee:

thanks bro............. please the registration fee is the first payment i need to make right? or the whole compulsory fee?

compulsory fee first.
the amount will appear on your portal after clearance

BTW have u been cleared?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by liljaydee(m): 4:38pm On Dec 16, 2015
SunnyBlaze1:

compulsory fee first.

BTW have u been cleared?

okay thanks........ i was told there is another payment after the compulsory fee too
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 16, 2015
liljaydee:

okay thanks........ i was told there is another payment after the compulsory fee too
yea depending on how many courses you are offering and their credit units e.g. 2k for 2 credit unit. then you will pay 1k exam registration fee for each course
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by liljaydee(m): 5:04pm On Dec 16, 2015
SunnyBlaze1:

yea depending on how many courses you are offering and their credit units e.g. 2k for 2 credit unit. then you will pay 1k exam registration fee for each course

that means i will be paying roughly like 70k per semester? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 16, 2015
liljaydee:

that means i will be paying roughly like 70k per semester? shocked shocked shocked shocked
not really about 70k first registration
first registration compulsory fee is about 40k right?
next semester it will be 13k. check nou.edu.ng you will see details
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kaycome: 5:20pm On Dec 16, 2015
ejibaba:

What kind of rubbish info is this? If OAU is not accepting it try other institutions they are. I know people doing PhD with their Masters certificate let alone their Bsc. Please, don't post thrash online. NUC banned foreign online programmes so people like you can take advantage of NOUN, also currently a lot of Federal institutions are currently doing online programmes go and ask OAU again. As for the law programme I guess NOUN has to work on that aspect quick so they go for law school. NOUN is like NECO so stop this thrash.
Oga man take it easy. Try to read in context before setting out to comment. Take time to read the previous post before attacking me. I responded to a comment from a lady about noun. One love
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by myvic70(m): 5:21pm On Dec 16, 2015
Thank you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by chyna4luv: 5:32pm On Dec 16, 2015
SunnyBlaze1:

compulsory fee first.

BTW have u been cleared?

To your question, please when do you think is the right time to be cleared? I have since finished my registration and printed my provisional admission letter last month ending for PGD.

am getting confused about the whole processes. Is this forum reliable enough to getting first hand info regarding NOUN(exam time, quiz, assignment, relevant past questions etc).

Someone should please attend to me!!!

Thanks,
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 16, 2015
chyna4luv:

To your question, please when do you think is the right time to be cleared? I have since finished my registration and printed my provisional admission letter last month ending for PGD.

am getting confused about the whole processes. Is this forum reliable enough to getting first hand info regarding NOUN(exam time, quiz, assignment, relevant past questions etc).

Someone should please attend to me!!!

Thanks,

go to your study center of choice for more info
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kunleee(m): 10:19pm On Dec 16, 2015
what is/are the consequences of a course i sat for the exam but i did not do the tma.
will i be graded solely on the exam?
heard such exam will not be graded and thats carry over?
need clarifications please.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Chikare(f): 6:35am On Dec 17, 2015
MimiHANS:

Apparently, second/third week of January, 2016.

Thanks dear, am looking forward for that day, I can't wait to get my certificate

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by uau(m): 8:53am On Dec 17, 2015
when is the graduating students list coming out?

Chikare:

Thanks dear, am looking forward for that day, I can't wait to get my certificate
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by choco14: 9:11am On Dec 17, 2015
Gudmrnn everyone, pls there's this info i want u people to clearify me. when i went for my nysc i changed my name to my husband's name so now dat i want to forward for my pgd should i still use my father's name or my husband's name. because my discharge cert is carrying my husband's name?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MimiHANS(m): 10:10am On Dec 17, 2015
choco14:
Gudmrnn everyone, pls there's this info i want u people to clearify me. when i went for my nysc i changed my name to my husband's name so now dat i want to forward for my pgd should i still use my father's name or my husband's name. because my discharge cert is carrying my husband's name?

Openly, applying with your husband's last name would be fancied.

REASONS:
-Your status has changed from Single to Married.
-Your NYSC discharge certificate is bearing your husband's last name.
-To avoid discrepancies.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 17, 2015
prof2015:
If ur portal demands compulsory fees for second semester, u must pay oh. Then go to ur SC, drop all the courses registered under exams and get back ur N1,000s, then pick them up again. The maximum fee will be N13,000 if that happens.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 17, 2015
Chikare:
Please do does anyone have idea about the date of 2016 convocation ceremony?
It is likely on 16/01/16 or 23/01/16. It could be in Abuja.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by maximilian19(m): 4:18pm On Dec 17, 2015
Kendrick0000:

Contact me via domedity@gmail.com
pls can u help me sent it to my mail box? onyiukahndudim@gmail.com
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Gluthatione: 6:06pm On Dec 17, 2015
kunleee:
what is/are the consequences of a course i sat for the exam but i did not do the tma.
will i be graded solely on the exam?
heard such exam will not be graded and thats carry over?
need clarifications please.
It happened to me once,the exam will be graded only without adding any TMA to it.The only problem is that ur grade will be low depending on your performance in the exam. If I could remember I got D because I scored over 40 in d exam.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by magpemy(f): 7:30pm On Dec 17, 2015
I am about to start my Msc with NOUN,ls. There any one studying Science Education in d house?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by clockwise(m): 8:52pm On Dec 17, 2015
Gud evening guys, pls is dere anyone who have idea of how to go about 2015/2016 academic session registration for new student? Nd pls is there any NOUN office in Sango otta? I nid urgent response.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by BigJakie: 11:37am On Dec 18, 2015
Please can anyone in the house help me with the contact details of Lagos IT department...

My SC has shown negligence toward the resolution of some problems im facing with NOUN...

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (1582) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.