Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (484) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3479134 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MimiHANS(m): 8:07pm On Jan 09, 2016
UEDIBO:
am aiming 4.52.
i learnt there be an award of excellent performance.

Not only an award of distinctive achievement. You would also be offered an automatic employment in the institution (NOUN).

According to the Vice-Chancellor and I quote, "First Class graduates, who wish to join us in our institution, will now become members of our academics."

May God Help You!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by alakaloko(m): 8:55pm On Jan 09, 2016
UEDIBO:
am aiming 4.52.
i learnt there be an award of excellent performance.
very possible.. Burn more candle and prayer against error during marking!! All the best
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by thatsmartgirl(f): 9:01pm On Jan 09, 2016
UEDIBO:
CONVOCATION IS NEXT WEEK SATURDAY.
Oh! Thanks, I didn't check the date. But, I guess there are some final year students and graduates here who should be able to know if their is anything like that... I'm sure they should know if they will be Mobilize for NYSC or next set...
Dont mind ma English, just want to know the fact about NOUN and NYSC
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by femikaka(m): 9:29am On Jan 10, 2016
Am a master student. The programme is for 4 semesters. BT I finished it with my project between 3 semesters. My third semester result is not yet out. BT based on the 5th convocation. Is it possible for me to graduate. Even when my result is not yet out. And when I checked my portal I was asked to pay compulsory fees of 13000. Which have did. Another question is I still see some courses on my portal compulsory once. Which have passed before. The same title but different course codes. What can I do
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kcboy34(m): 9:32am On Jan 10, 2016
thatsmartgirl:

Oh! Thanks, I didn't check the date. But, I guess there are some final year students and graduates here who should be able to know if their is anything like that... I'm sure they should know if they will be Mobilize for NYSC or next set...
wat is NYSC? is it an educational qualification? after NYSC will dey give me a good job as a graduate? who NYSC don help?

5 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dest4real(m): 10:03am On Jan 10, 2016
Hello guys,

How much is the current school fees at NOUN for PGD in Education?

I also want to know the current fees for Course and exam registration for PGD in Education at noun.

Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by thatsmartgirl(f): 11:02am On Jan 10, 2016
kcboy34:
wat is NYSC? is it an educational qualification? after NYSC will dey give me a good job as a graduate? who NYSC don help?
Bros, I no resemble buhari na! I'm only asking for many reasons. If u got the answer, fine. If not. Please read other comments.
I'm having a debate with someone here and I'm asking to know the fact about NOUN and NYSC u are here telling me how frustrated you are as a graduate! Does that in anyway affect me

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 10, 2016
thatsmartgirl:

Bros, I no resemble buhari na! I'm only asking for many reasons. If u got the answer, fine. If not. Please read other comments.
I'm having a debate with someone here and I'm asking to know the fact about NOUN and NYSC u are here telling me how frustrated you are as a graduate! Does that in anyway affect me

Am sorry but i have to intrude before insults start flying. Madam its wrong for you to call the gentle man a frustrated graduate and Sir you wouldn't have quoted her if you weren't going to provide answers to her question.

Concerning the NYSC matter, it is no longer news that the Senate has Approved NYSC programme for NOUN graduates and i reckon that those below 30 years of age who will be awarded B.S.C's and B.A's among the 5000 graduates shortlisted for Convocation on Saturday will fully partake in the NYSC programme. Have a blessed Sunday.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by richtubor: 12:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
7 Things You Should Know About NOUN- National Open University of Nigeria.

You are limited in several ways by the information available to you. The reason for education in the first place is to learn, to acquire information and skills. You may have heard about NOUN but I think it is time to look into the school and see what the school is offering instead of assuming and reading some erroneous information about the school. With 70 centres and over 400000 students, I bet a wrong opinion will not change the trend.

Here are 7 things you should know about NOUN. I have written this to allay your misconception and probably give you a perspective on Open University.

1.Open University is a global concept.
Open University did not start in Nigeria; it is a global educational concept that has been around for about 50 years.
Today, there are more than 60 open universities in the world, in countries like USA, Canada, Australia, India, Thailand, UK, Cyprus, Hong Kong, Israel, Malaysia, Netherland, Japan, Greece and some more.
The concept of Open University was founded on the belief that communications technology could bring high quality degree-level learning to people who had not had the opportunity to attend traditional campus universities.

2.NOUN has increased access to education
NOUN offers amazing flexibility. It increases access to education for those who otherwise have no other opportunities due to work, family, age or physical limitations.
NOUN allows you to change your study centre, thus you are not affected by transfer at work or change of environment.
NOUN has come as a blessing to Police, NSCDC, NURTW, Prisons, Public servants and other students who want to study further while continuing with jobs or who might not be able to attend a full-time.

3.NOUN is a Federal Government School
As a Federal Government University, NOUN is favored. There is no fear of credibility or authenticity of license.
NOUN is NUC approved for graduates, Masters and Ph.D programmes. NUC approval is the ultimate; it is what makes university a university in Nigeria.
I am a pro federal government school anyway.

4.No Union action or strike
It is common in Nigeria to add one or two years to when you are suppose to graduate. ASUU strike and student protest are some of the factors that can elongate your years in the university.
At NOUN, no union action or strike necessitate you to wait few more years before you graduate, you are almost certain of your year of graduation even from the beginning.

5.NYSC Exception Letters
NYSC was not created to confirm university degrees. NYSC certificate is just saying “you have served Nigeria”
NYSC exception letters made available to NOUN graduates is equivalent to NYSC certificate.
NOUN has over 400000 students and still growing, the population of 10-20 Universities. If you incorporate that population to NYSC, NYSC will need almost double of its facility to accommodate the numbers.

6.NOUN has Rep
A former president of this country is an alumnus of NOUN. Royal fathers, celebrities, members of State house rep have considered NOUN as a place to study.
They have a correct knowledge of what NOUN is offering.

7.Admission is easy and open.
NOUN will not let JAMB jam you. You don’t need JAMB or post JAMB to gain admission into NOUN. NOUN admits students every semester and forms are continually on sale.

http://nounites.com/forums/topic/7-things-you-should-know-about-noun-national-open-university-of-nigeria/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MimiHANS(m): 1:13pm On Jan 10, 2016
femikaka:
Am a master student. The programme is for 4 semesters. BT I finished it with my project between 3 semesters. My third semester result is not yet out. BT based on the 5th convocation. Is it possible for me to graduate. Even when my result is not yet out. And when I checked my portal I was asked to pay compulsory fees of 13000. Which have did. Another question is I still see some courses on my portal compulsory once. Which have passed before. The same title but different course codes. What can I do

The programme is for 3 semesters, and not 4 semesters.
Seeing that you have already amassed the 45 credit units (project inclusive) required for the programme, presumably no carry-over, you'll feasibly see your name on the Grad List (New).

Reason: Last semester's result has been compiled, but the result will be out on your portal by February or early March
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by uau(m): 1:34pm On Jan 10, 2016
this is not true.

last semester's result has also been used in the graduating list.

i have seen my name on the first list that just came out and my project arrived lagos on december 12.

also i wrote last semester's exam also.

more lists are coming even up till friday evening.

don't panic.

results will be out 1-3 weeks after the convocation.

for last year, the results came out the night of 31st Jan. to Feb. 1.

MimiHANS:

The programme is for 3 semesters, and not 4 semesters.
Seeing that you have already amassed the 45 credit units (project inclusive) required for the programme, presumably no carry-over, you'll feasibly see your name on the Grad List (New).

Reason: Last semester's result has been compiled, but the result will be out on your portal by February or early March
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MimiHANS(m): 1:46pm On Jan 10, 2016
dest4real:
Hello guys,

How much is the current school fees at NOUN for PGD in Education?

I also want to know the current fees for Course and exam registration for PGD in Education at noun.

Thanks.

Kindly visit www.noun.edu.ng
You'll get to see the varieties of info.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MimiHANS(m): 1:50pm On Jan 10, 2016
thatsmartgirl:

Ma'am, I'll advise you stay glued to your tv set (NTA)this coming Saturday (10am). You'll get to hear the facts from the horse's mouth.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kcboy34(m): 2:07pm On Jan 10, 2016
thatsmartgirl:

no need for u to start getting angry. am sorry .
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kcboy34(m): 2:08pm On Jan 10, 2016
thatsmartgirl:

no need for u to start getting angry. am sorry .
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by wableo: 5:19pm On Jan 10, 2016
How can I use mobile banking for remita. I want to use UBA but I didn't see anything related to remita there.
Also, who is in Ibadan centre here? I want to know if course registration have started there.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 10, 2016
uau:
this is not true.

last semester's result has also been used in the graduating list.

i have seen my name on the first list that just came out and my project arrived lagos on december 12.

also i wrote last semester's exam also.

more lists are coming even up till friday evening.

don't panic.

results will be out 1-3 weeks after the convocation.

for last year, the results came out the night of 31st Jan. to Feb. 1.

More graduating list till friday? when convocation is Saturday? How about those who are not in Abuja? Is there anyone that can help me check the list cos where i de now far?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by thatsmartgirl(f): 7:03pm On Jan 10, 2016
TastyTuoyo:

Am sorry but i have to intrude before insults start flying. Madam its wrong for you to call the gentle man a frustrated graduate and Sir you wouldn't have quoted her if you weren't going to provide answers to her question.

Concerning the NYSC matter, it is no longer news that the Senate has Approved NYSC programme for NOUN graduates and i reckon that those below 30 years of age who will be awarded B.S.C's and B.A's among the 5000 graduates shortlisted for Convocation on Saturday will fully partake in the NYSC programme. Have a blessed Sunday.
Thanks for the correction. Also appreciate your answer...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by uau(m): 7:11pm On Jan 10, 2016
it is not compulsory for you to come for the convocation

ejibaba:

More graduating list till friday? when convocation is Saturday? How about those who are not in Abuja? Is there anyone that can help me check the list cos where i de now far?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by UEDIBO: 7:44pm On Jan 10, 2016
uau:

HOW CAN ONE COLLECT RESULT WITHOUT GOING THE CONVOCATION GROUND

WILL ONE STILL PAY FOR THE GOWN AFTER THE CONVOCATION?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by idu1(m): 7:52pm On Jan 10, 2016
Any nursing science student here please
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by idu1(m): 7:58pm On Jan 10, 2016
MimiHANS:

If you are financially buoyant to add to the remaining 14k, you can go ahead. Better still, you can wait till the subsequent semester.

Nonetheless, you 'must' put it in mind that it should be the very first/prime course to register in your subsequent semester.

All the best!
when is the best time to apply as new student?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by uau(m): 8:15pm On Jan 10, 2016
yes you will pay for the gown

you collect your result at NOUN HQ in Lagos.

UEDIBO:
HOW CAN ONE COLLECT RESULT WITHOUT GOING THE CONVOCATION GROUND

WILL ONE STILL PAY FOR THE GOWN AFTER THE CONVOCATION?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MimiHANS(m): 8:26pm On Jan 10, 2016
idu1:
when is the best time to apply as new student?

The prime time is now.
Currently, the application for the 2016 NOUN admission is still on-going.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 10, 2016
uau:

Pls, update us if new list show. Tnx
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by idu1(m): 9:22pm On Jan 10, 2016
MimiHANS:

The prime time is now.
Currently, the application for the 2016 NOUN admission is still on-going.
ok thanks

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Joe50(m): 9:44pm On Jan 10, 2016
am a student of noun from Benin city study centre (computer science), i checked the list that came out yesterday and i didn't see my name, even some of my friends names didn't appear too. Am so confused now, i did my project and submitted before rounding up last year December exams, and i believe i meet the total credit units they want for students, i have no carry over. i wonder why me and my friends names not on the list. cry angry angry

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 10, 2016
Joe50:
am a student of noun from Benin city study centre (computer science), i checked the list that came out yesterday and i didn't see my name, even some of my friends names didn't appear too. Am so confused now, i did my project and submitted before rounding up last year December exams, and i believe i meet the total credit units they want for students, i have no carry over. i wonder why me and my friends names not on the list. cry angry angry

Relax, another list is in the offing.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by damiliano(m): 11:13pm On Jan 10, 2016
TastyTuoyo:

Have you done your Alumni clearance?
Relax, another list is in the offing.

Does the alumni clearance guarantee ones name on the list and why are they slow about the list

God help us all
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Icekyng: 11:19pm On Jan 10, 2016
Joe50:
good day boss
pls how authentic is d certificate from noun wen finding job in Nigeria
I want to apply undergraduate programmes for computer science
how was ur experience like studying ??
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jan 10, 2016
damiliano:

Does the alumni clearance guarantee ones name on the list and why are they slow about the list

God help us all

Computing a list of over 5000 graduands is like drinking hot soup you don't drink it in an hurry..you drink it slowly....i guess that's the reason the list is coming out in a snail pace.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Tiwanna(f): 12:05am On Jan 11, 2016
Why are they yet to accredit law faculty will they ever give it accreditation?

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (1580) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.