Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,191 members, 7,835,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (499) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3503423 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (1582) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Omotayor123(f): 4:56pm On Jan 28, 2016
Kazrem:

Just seeing this. Pm me or contact me via my bb pin
Are you studying an Educational course
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nogames: 5:08pm On Jan 28, 2016
kunleee:

am also in this issue, i was thinking how do i register for my failed course cus they are not available to register. thanks for clearing this. And how about the TMA of a failed course.
You will have to do the TMA again
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nogames: 5:11pm On Jan 28, 2016
birshi:
Please, how can I get NOUN transcript?
go to your SC or HQ if you are in lagos pay the stipulated amount for transcript then u are good to go
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nogames: 5:18pm On Jan 28, 2016
sonofgodfrey:
Pls i'm about to enter 400lvl(2nd sem), and i have like 3 failed compulsory courses that are really hard, not sure to pass them on a re-sit. I have also passed up to the required 120units 4 b.sc. Now the questions are
1. Will those 3 courses prevent me from graduating?
2. Must i pass all the compulsory courses in my course outline/list b4 i can graduate?
Urgent and genuine reply needed pls...
3 compultory courses? U will need to re-write those papers but why saying u are not sure of passing them. Nothing is impossible if other could you too can pass them. Just put more effort and seek help from your mates. Read very well and study past questions, beleive me u can come out with As in those courses.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dest4real(m): 6:01pm On Jan 28, 2016
Hello Sir/Ma,

I want to apply for PhD in applied Biology.

I read that i have to send my transcript across to be considered for admission.

Since it's going to take time for my transcript to reach NOUN, if i apply now, do i have to wait till next year before i can commence my PhD programme?

Again, how many semesters/years (minimum) must span before my PhD will be awarded?

Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kbshow100(m): 6:14pm On Jan 28, 2016
dayjahvoo:

You'll spend around 120k for the whole programme.

You've got 6 courses in first semester (except you want to add more electives)

You've got 4 courses for second semester (5, if you include project)

The total number of graduating units is, 32 (some will say 30 because the "good study guide course" is 2 units and you have to pass it but its not a core course)
please sir, some people on this forum says the graduating unit for msc info tech 40 unit. Should I disregard what they said. I'm a new student of msc info tech
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donbrowser(m): 6:49pm On Jan 28, 2016
Pls help, i have not been myself since yesterday
I checked my results (e-exams) got 3 A's, 6 B's and 1F
i remember vividly well that i scored 30 in the 'failed course's' TMA and my total score + exam is 60+. How then did i end up with F?
Is there a way i can complain about this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by divinemandate: 7:00pm On Jan 28, 2016
MimiHANS:

Anytime, Boss.
thanks.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sonofgodfrey(m): 7:38pm On Jan 28, 2016
nogames:
3 compultory courses? U will need to re-write those papers but why saying u are not sure of passing them. Nothing is impossible if other could you too can pass them. Just put more effort and seek help from your mates. Read very well and study past questions, beleive me u can come out with As in those courses.
thanks 4 the encouragement.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sonofgodfrey(m): 7:40pm On Jan 28, 2016
donbrowser:
i remember vividly well that i scored 30 in the 'failed course's' TMA and my total score + exam is 60+. How then did i end up with F?
i also have this same problem, pls are they still uploading results or what? Someone?!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 7:50pm On Jan 28, 2016
Omotayor123:
Are you studying an Educational course
No. Entrepreneur and Business management. But thinking of changing to either accounting or Business education.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MimiHANS(m): 8:19pm On Jan 28, 2016
dest4real:
Hello Sir/Ma,

I want to apply for PhD in applied Biology.

I read that i have to send my transcript across to be considered for admission.

Since it's going to take time for my transcript to reach NOUN, if i apply now, do i have to wait till next year before i can commence my PhD programme?

Again, how many semesters/years (minimum) must span before my PhD will be awarded?

Thanks.

NOUN do not give admission to prospective PhD students effortlessly (on a platter of gold). You'll pass through a series of tests/interviews. You can actually apply now. However, the admission office will have to scrutinise and evaluate your transcript before you can be granted your admission. Your admission is dependent on you meeting the minimum admission requirements.

DURATION: A minimum of 3 years, nonetheless, this is dependent on time, dedication and monetary aspect.

Wish you well, Sir.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by osic(m): 8:25pm On Jan 28, 2016
Hi, I'm a returning student 400L, checked my portal now and saw the remita payment option, is that the new method of payment, if yes, how do I go about it.
If no, can I proceed to the bank and complete my payment?
Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Onyioguz: 8:44pm On Jan 28, 2016
Please can someone tell me the highest credit unit one can have for a semester for bsc.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by offegas(m): 8:54pm On Jan 28, 2016
kindly furnish me the requirements into PhD in Public Administration, taking into cognisance am a graduate of political science and also hold a masters in Social work(community development).I presently work with a tertiary institution here in Lagos State. I would also like to know the duration of the program and if am qualified for the program

(
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Punck4real(f): 9:54pm On Jan 28, 2016
samguru:

yes,what do you want to know about M.sc Info Tech?
Please can I use hnd computer science to apply for masters information technology.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Punck4real(f): 9:58pm On Jan 28, 2016
dayjahvoo:

You'll spend around 120k for the whole programme.

You've got 6 courses in first semester (except you want to add more electives)

You've got 4 courses for second semester (5, if you include project)

The total number of graduating units is, 32 (some will say 30 because the "good study guide course" is 2 units and you have to pass it but its not a core course)
Thanks. I have hnd computer science with upper credit. Should I go for master or pgd
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by samguru(m): 10:01pm On Jan 28, 2016
Punck4real:

Please can I use hnd computer science to apply for masters information technology.
U need to do pgd first, better still go to ur study centre for more information
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dayjahvoo: 10:26pm On Jan 28, 2016
kbshow100:
please sir, some people on this forum says the graduating unit for msc info tech 40 unit. Should I disregard what they said. I'm a new student of msc info tech

The information I gave is for PGD info tech.

And yes, you'll need 40units for Msc. info tech.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dayjahvoo: 10:27pm On Jan 28, 2016
Punck4real:

Thanks. I have hnd computer science with upper credit. Should I go for master or pgd

PGD
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by bashdecash(m): 10:29pm On Jan 28, 2016
donbrowser:
I have 5 courses relegated to a lower grade, I went to my SC yesterday and saw many people with same issue. They gave us a result complaint form to fill and submit. Just wishing that'll not be the end of the story.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by bashdecash(m): 10:29pm On Jan 28, 2016
donbrowser:
I have 5 courses relegated to a lower grade, I went to my SC yesterday and saw many people with same issue. They gave us a result complaint form to fill and submit. Just wishing that'll not be the end of the story.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Omotayor123(f): 10:43pm On Jan 28, 2016
Kazrem:

No. Entrepreneur and Business management. But thinking of changing to either accounting or Business education.
If you want to become a university vice Chancellor, you know you must have an educational background... Abi no be so
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by JigsawKillah(m): 10:54pm On Jan 28, 2016
Onyioguz:
Please can someone tell me the highest credit unit one can have for a semester for bsc.

osic:
Hi, I'm a returning student 400L, checked my portal now and saw the remita payment option, is that the new method of payment, if yes, how do I go about it.
If no, can I proceed to the bank and complete my payment?
Thanks

Yes, generate a Remita pin first. Follow the procedure on your portal, if you're confused, ask questions.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by classic01(f): 11:30pm On Jan 28, 2016
Pls my people help a sister I'm reading tirelessly for my pop exam but I still haven't laid my hands on any past questions pls how can I get them am an accounting student pls who has any pls
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dickoflife(m): 12:01am On Jan 29, 2016
I really am a lil confused. I sat for 5 exams and 4 were released. The last course does not even show on my portal, although I registered for 6 courses and even the one I didn't do isn't showing as pending. Please has all the results been released?
bashdecash:

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by wableo: 6:41am On Jan 29, 2016
classic01:
Pls my people help a sister I'm reading tirelessly for my pop exam but I still haven't laid my hands on any past questions pls how can I get them am an accounting student pls who has any pls
The best way to get it is to go to your SC library and do photographies. U may be lucky if someone to get it here too.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 6:44am On Jan 29, 2016
Omotayor123:

If you want to become a university vice Chancellor, you know you must have an educational background... Abi no be so
Na so my sister. I have NCE in Economics/Computer Science. Besides that's more reason why I want to cross to Accounting Education or Business Education.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 29, 2016
kbshow100:
Disregard it @ your own perils. You better do 40-42.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by wonyi: 7:41am On Jan 29, 2016
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 29, 2016
donbrowser:

please NixowL & co. any advice i experienced the same thing

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (1582) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.