Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (528) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3497866 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by rusep: 2:02pm On Feb 22, 2016
Please can somebody help me with MBA 889 Basic French past questions papers and solution and TMA I am to pay for it, please contact me at rusepyola@yahoo.com
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ririri22: 2:20pm On Feb 22, 2016
Please any student of MA peace studies and conflict resolution student around ?
Did you do any CIT course ?
Is it compulsory to do any computer science course while doing your masters just like the pgd student do ?
Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by QAman: 3:12pm On Feb 22, 2016
dmxkiddy:
I just completed an M.sc in information technology with NOUN, am really surprised that out of the 7 courses I did inclusive of my project research work only 3 results were released and the other 3 including even the project that was graded after completion and submission haven't been released, I just hope there's no issue and the courses will still be released, nyone with same issue pls
Cos the wait is becoming frustration.

Please did you have to do any course work or write exams on weekday?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 22, 2016
rusep: The e-mail address you provided is broken. You could check my signature for a mailing address. I've got what you need.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by rusep: 3:24pm On Feb 22, 2016
NixowL:
rusep: The e-mail address you provided is broken. You could check my signature for a mailing address. I've got what you need.

Please check your email
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emmy1999: 5:29pm On Feb 22, 2016
I Just processed an MSc Information Technology,NOUN admission but need some clarifications.

1. is it late to start the course this session, since the programme commenced in January 2016, I was asked to come for my Matriculation No. tomorrow. the 23.02.2016 after which i can pay and register for the 7 courses for the 1st semester.

2. Going thru the Course Programme, I discovered that 1st and 2nd TMA (Tutor-Marked Assignment) were scheduled for the 8th of Feb and 15th of February 2016. Can I still take the TMA's (1st and 2nd) if i register tomorrow.

3. How are the TMA's questions structured. will the questions for the 1st TMA cover only the course Module 1 of all the courses registered for the first semester ie CIT843, CIT831, CIT841, CIT811, CIT853,CIT 891 and CIT851 accordingly and 2nd TMA covering course Module 2 for all the courses. Thks in anticipation of your response
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dest4real(m): 9:10pm On Feb 22, 2016
[quote author=emmy1999 post=43156604]I Just processed an MSc Information Technology,NOUN admission but need some clarifications.

Hello Emmy,
Please find answer to your questions below:
1. It's not late. Course and exam registration will close on 11th of march 2016.

2. Upon payment of course and exam registration fee, access will be granted to TMA portal, in there, you will see four TMA per course, ensure that you attempt all questions. These TMA's are miltiple choice consisting of 20 questions each. Each TMA question (TMA 1 for example) carries 0.5 mark, meaning for 20 questions per TMA, the maximum score is 10 marks. Remember: there are four TMA's per course, the university will choose your best three (3) scores. Example, you scored 9.5, 9, 10 and 10 in TMA 1, 2, 3 and 4 respectively, your three best scores will be 10, 10 and 9.5=29.5/30. The deadline for submission of your TMA is before general Examination, meaning just take your time and ensure you have good scores. Please note that you MUST register all your courses for Exam, otherwise no TMA will appear in your portal.

3. I think i have answered question three (3) already...just to add that questions can come from any page of your textbook or E-course material and not based on modules.

If you need clarification on any other issue, please let me know.

I wish you luck always. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sunmarouk(m): 9:46pm On Feb 22, 2016
Ehmm, U guyz are mistaken, any course result that didnt show when others comes out, will never show again. Dont be deceived that it will come out later. Am a PGDM student of last year 2015, two of my result i wrote in march 2015, is not out till now, another two in my 2nd semester of oct 2015 is nt still out. My center director promised to take the case to lagos herself, dnt knw if she did, but nothing change. They are advising me to register it again

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dmxkiddy: 11:13pm On Feb 22, 2016
QAman:

Please did you have to do any course work or write exams on weekday?

sure all the exams I did was during weekdays... no one answered my question regarding CIT 899, CIT 584, CIT 844 and CIT 899 that haven't been released , WHY IS NOUN HOLDING UNTO THIS RESULTS?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 23, 2016
ririri22:
Please any student of MA peace studies and conflict resolution student around ?
Did you do any CIT course ?
Is it compulsory to do any computer science course while doing your masters just like the pgd student do ?
Thanks
yes my brother.We did CIT 701 during our first semester.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by birshi: 9:04am On Feb 23, 2016
dmxkiddy:
I just completed an M.sc in information technology with NOUN, am really surprised that out of the 7 courses I did inclusive of my project research work only 3 results were released and the other 3 including even the project that was graded after completion and submission haven't been released, I just hope there's no issue and the courses will still be released, nyone with same issue pls
I also finished my courses and all the results came out but NOUN refused to graduate me. I'm also confused. Any advice?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dmxkiddy: 10:00am On Feb 23, 2016
birshi:

I also finished my courses and all the results came out but NOUN refused to graduate me. I'm also confused. Any advice?

How can 3 courses not be released including project making 4 out of 7 courses registered for and the exams I wrote very well, that was graded by the supervisor and submitted? the annoying thing is that no one is giving any information on the matter if there's an issue or not.
As for the graduation thing I guess it was done in batches, the wait for the results is becoming annoying.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by zyead: 11:02am On Feb 23, 2016
Joe50:
am also a D.E student frm Benin city SC.
most of us with DE didnt convocate.
i don't know their problem.
any reason?

Pls what is the status on the graduation thing, were you able to collect your certificate......want to know so as to prepare ahead!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:32am On Feb 23, 2016
rusep:
Please can somebody help me with MBA 889 Basic French past questions papers and solution and TMA I am to pay for it, please contact me at rusepyola@yahoo.com

check the current list of registrable courses, i dont think basic french is part of it. it may no longer be examinable
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ririri22: 11:55am On Feb 23, 2016
Ogbeche10:
Na wa ooo. I hate CIT courses. Its well.
Thanks for your reply

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emmy1999: 1:18pm On Feb 23, 2016
[quote author=dest4real post=43161822][/quote]

Thanks for your prompt response dest4real, I really appreciate !
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by 1money: 2:35pm On Feb 23, 2016
Please house, CIT 711 is showing as user interface design and ergonomics in ecourseware.
But in tma portal it is showing as computer fundamentals.
Now the problem is the course content is very different, I've been trying to do the tma to no avail.None of the answers are in the book.
Anyone else with this problem, how did you solve it?
pgd info tech
thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by akplatnum2005(m): 3:11pm On Feb 23, 2016
Ogbeche10:
I need your help.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Sherville(m): 4:31pm On Feb 23, 2016
SENESCO:
@ 9iceX go to noun website and generate remita pin under prospective student. After dat go straight to the bank( gtb, zenith, skye etc) and pay 5k usin d RRR code you have generated. You wil be given pin @ d bank which u r goin to use to fill form online.
After dat go to ur preferred study centre and do screening and also collect ur matric number.
For this ur 1st semesta d compulsory fee is 41k( u wil stil hav a balance of 5k). For course reg a 2 unit course is 2k and a 3 unit is #2500. Exam reg is 1k per course.
Let's say u want to registar 9 courses of which 6 of dem are 2units and 3 of dem are 3units. This is d calculation:
six 2units course: 2000*6= #12000
Three 3units course: 2500*3= #7500
Exam registration = #9000
Plus compulsory fee = #36000
Everytin = #64,500
Hope that helps a lil bit.

Modified:
a) You must av a study centre ( u can search whether there is a study centre in sango otta)
b) You can register as many courses as you like but u cant register more than 24 units in a semesta
c) The Bsc prog is a minimum of 4yrs.
d) As for the exam, it takes lik 3 weeks of which u can hav 3 or 4 papers in a week. From 100l-200l its CBT, but from 300l upward its POP( pen on paper).
e) Meanwhile, before d exam u will be given 4 TMAs( tutor marked assignment). Each tma consist of 20 questns. The best 3 out of d 4 tmas wil be added wit ur exam score.

I will have to stop here. If u hav any more questns u can drop dem here i'm sure somebody wil ans u.

Hi am sheriff, pls i hve a problem no one seem to understand or give me a reasonable answer, :i registered for the 2014/2015 session nd am supposed to be doing my 100level second semester right now, bt i was unable to pay my compulsory fee, so i decided to start d new semester which started in January bt am still yet to pay as a result of my low income bt d@s not a case for me, bt my problem is dis, if i pay d compulsory fee by month end (feb. Ending ) will i still be able to do my tma, secondly, how will i get my id card cos i hve not got any, another thing is d@ i hvent got any material from d study center is it because i hve not paid or its a normal phenomenon in now, i also wish to know the procedure for changing study center cos i relocated from th area i was b4 now. Nd lastly pls i beg u to give me details of how to make payment so i can wen am ready to do so, pls u can w@tsapp me on 08083880793 THANKS embarassed
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Oluwasolayimika(f): 6:14pm On Feb 23, 2016
1money:
Please house, CIT 711 is showing as user interface design and ergonomics in ecourseware.
But in tma portal it is showing as computer fundamentals.
Now the problem is the course content is very different, I've been trying to do the tma to no avail.None of the answers are in the book.
Anyone else with this problem, how did you solve it?
pgd info tech
thanks
User Interface design and Ergonomics is one of MSc course (cit 811), seems there's a problem with the e-courseware page, you can try Downloading it through this link http://www.nou.org.ng/download-noun-course-material-for-school-of-science-and-technology/
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by 1money: 6:25pm On Feb 23, 2016
Oluwasolayimika:
User Interface design and Ergonomics is one of MSc course (cit 811), seems there's a problem with the e-courseware page, you can try Downloading it through this link http://www.nou.org.ng/download-noun-course-material-for-school-of-science-and-technology/
Thanks so much, God bless.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Oluwasolayimika(f): 6:35pm On Feb 23, 2016
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by classic01(f): 7:11pm On Feb 23, 2016
I have complains 1)my sms 204 result wasn't released reasons best known to noun 2)i payed my school fees today while I was about registering my courses the sms204 course appeared asking me to register after I did that last semester I'm going nuts already noun is getting me upset 3)after registering all the courses for these semester now I'm seeing only 16 tma out of 24 wats going on my exams is barely weeks from now pls help I'm confused already
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by to9ice: 7:39pm On Feb 23, 2016
Pls two of my courses tma aiint showing. Pls wat do I do?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kosewu: 8:42pm On Feb 23, 2016
Please , anyone in the house to assist with my Msc info tech project? I have a tight schedule. just inbox me. I'm done with my courses , now left with the project.

Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mumu9gerian: 10:07pm On Feb 23, 2016
rusep:

Please check your email
did you get the past question
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ebpius1(m): 5:05am On Feb 24, 2016
dmxkiddy:
I Just completed Msc, Info Tech too. All my results were passed and released except my Project. I met wit the study centre councillor. He said they will do something about it when senate meet in march. Should u have any new info keep in touch pls.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by rusep: 7:37am On Feb 24, 2016
mumu9gerian:

did you get the past question

Yes
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by akplatnum2005(m): 9:38am On Feb 24, 2016
pls I need practice questions
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by unibadan(m): 10:23am On Feb 24, 2016
Good day!

Pls i need past questions on the following courses.

MKT 824 Consumer Behaviour
MKT 825 International Marketing
MKT 826 Marketing Management
MKT 827 Product Planning and Development
MKT 833 Advertising Management
MKT 837 Marketing Research
MKT 859 Industrial Marketing
MBA 889 Basic French

Kindly assist if you have past questions of any of the above courses.

My email address is abiodun.adedeji@yahoo.com

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (1581) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.