Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,947 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (649) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3477960 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by itzmzteebee: 6:22pm On Jan 20, 2017
Any noun student at ibadan center?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by UncleSnr(m): 7:28pm On Jan 20, 2017
lilprodigy:
Now it shows Program not available embarassed
you mean the page ain't opening?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 7:39pm On Jan 20, 2017
Vorpal:

Which one is the original?
http://nounoline.com is the correct one
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lilprodigy(m): 7:43pm On Jan 20, 2017
UncleSnr:
you mean the page ain't opening?
[color=][/color] cry Yes
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by UncleSnr(m): 8:03pm On Jan 20, 2017
lilprodigy:
[color=][/color] cry Yes
Send me PM.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Fumbaby: 10:44pm On Jan 20, 2017
Hello, is the form currently on sale?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Emanus: 2:38am On Jan 21, 2017
Plsz I Have 10,000 naira from last Account with NOUN , and I have 3 missing results, pls how do I get back to my portal?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lakesidepapa(m): 3:32am On Jan 21, 2017
Kazrem:

Don't mind those who said that. What they actually meant is that you should read your material pali to pali. Don't concentrate on Tma (CMA) alone. Meanwhile, no past questions for 100 and 200 level as their exams are e-exam. I study Entrepreneurial and Business management as well.

Good to knw u also study that course. I'm in 200L second semester, I suppose to do IT this semester but i don't knw its duration and i also heard it's in two segments, will I use log-book and where will i get it at my study center?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 4:41am On Jan 21, 2017
lakesidepapa:

Good to knw u also study that course. I'm in 200L second semester, I suppose to do IT this semester but i don't knw its duration and i also heard it's in two segments, will I use log-book and where will i get it at my study center?
Yes, it is in two segments. 3 months each. Yes you will use log book to record your daily activities. Where you will get it: Ask them at the IT/SIWES section of your Sc or in your department.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by josh4christ(m): 7:51am On Jan 21, 2017
Kazrem:

http://nounoline.com is the correct one
thats not correct. its nouonline.com. not nounonline.com. no "N" after the "U". u made a little mistake bro
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 10:16am On Jan 21, 2017
INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS RETURNING FOR REGISTRATION
RETURNING STUDENTS REGISTRATION
Returning students should please register afresh on the portal and activate their wallets to enable them register for the Semester. Welcome to StudWare!
Step by Step Procedure for Registration for Returning students
1. Visit the site www.nouonline.com
2. On the Home Page, go to the Menu Bar, Click “Student Login”
3. Click “Register”
4. Input Details
5. Click “Submit”
After Submission
6. Goto “Login” on the Menu and click
7. Enter Matric number and password to login
8. Goto “Manage Wallet”
9. Click “Load Wallet”
10. Enter details and amount
11. Click “Pay”
12. Copy and take your Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) number to any bank branch for payment.
After Payment
13. Login
14. Goto “Manage Wallet”
15. Click “Check Payment Status”
16. Enter Matric Number and RRR number
17. Click “Check Wallet Payment”
Registration
18. Click “Home”
19. Click “Registration”
20. Select Semester Registration
21. Enter Details. (Note: Semester Count; your to specify the number of compulsory fee payment made so far including present semester.)
22. Click “Submit”
23. Proceed with course and exam registration
National Open University of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Timijo(m): 12:28pm On Jan 21, 2017
Anthonyo15:
INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS RETURNING FOR REGISTRATION
RETURNING STUDENTS REGISTRATION
Returning students should please register afresh on the portal and activate their wallets to enable them register for the Semester. Welcome to StudWare!
Step by Step Procedure for Registration for Returning students
2. On the Home Page, go to the Menu Bar, Click “Student Login”
3. Click “Register”
4. Input Details
5. Click “Submit”
After Submission
6. Goto “Login” on the Menu and click
7. Enter Matric number and password to login
8. Goto “Manage Wallet”
9. Click “Load Wallet”
10. Enter details and amount
11. Click “Pay”
12. Copy and take your Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) number to any bank branch for payment.
After Payment
13. Login
14. Goto “Manage Wallet”
15. Click “Check Payment Status”
16. Enter Matric Number and RRR number
17. Click “Check Wallet Payment”
Registration
18. Click “Home”
19. Click “Registration”
20. Select Semester Registration
21. Enter Details. (Note: Semester Count; your to specify the number of compulsory fee payment made so far including present semester.)
22. Click “Submit”
23. Proceed with course and exam registration
National Open University of Nigeria
Thank you for this information. As a fresher, how much do I need to pay to the bank during registration? What are the necessary documents I will take to study center for screening?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by iyatrustee(f): 1:28pm On Jan 21, 2017
@Franklyn4, please check your mail.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lakesidepapa(m): 2:23pm On Jan 21, 2017
Kazrem:

Yes, it is in two segments. 3 months each. Yes you will use log book to record your daily activities. Where you will get it: Ask them at the IT/SIWES section of your Sc or in your department.

Thanks Bruv! I really appreciate. More so, is it compulsory for me to get a company/organization and go there for the duration of the program? Can it be arranged? daily busy schedule won't lemme.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 21, 2017
Has any returning student paid his or her School fees?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Elxandre(m): 2:57pm On Jan 21, 2017
please is it possible to re-register and start afresh in a particular course previously enrolled for maybe in another study center, after years of neglecting the previous admission given? sad
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 3:21pm On Jan 21, 2017
lakesidepapa:

Thanks Bruv! I really appreciate. More so, is it compulsory for me to get a company/organization and go there for the duration of the program? Can it be arranged? daily busy schedule won't lemme.
It is o.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 3:22pm On Jan 21, 2017
josh4christ:

thats not correct. its nouonline.com. not nounonline.com. no "N" after the "U". u made a little mistake bro
Yeah. Thanks for the correction bro. nouonline. com

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by iyatrustee(f): 5:11pm On Jan 21, 2017
I just got past questions from franklyn. Thanks for the swift response!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Acquiredollars(m): 5:11pm On Jan 21, 2017
Hello house,

So, NOUN no longer offer PhD programmes?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kcboy34(m): 6:03pm On Jan 21, 2017
This Semester, you are not going to do the normal Tma but CMA which is computer marked assignment and You will not be able to print it out like TMA, once you open it your time will be going and if you close it, it will score you whatever that you have done.
So, I think it is wise to order for your next semester course material now so that you can read ahead before the CMA will come out February.
contact me for your course materials at very affordable price Note: Delivery is available anywhere in Nigeria.
check my signature for details on how to contact me for it.

Note: We are NOT selling the contents of these materials, you are only paying for Printing and convenience. All course contents still remains the property of National Open University of Nigeria.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kclub83(m): 6:28pm On Jan 21, 2017
Pls i want to apply for noun MBA programme Ibadan study centre but the councelor told me MBA programme and other masters programme is on suspension. Am just confused. Pls any relevant information about this. I need urgent response if actually to forget noun and go for other schools.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kclub83(m): 6:52pm On Jan 21, 2017
Kazrem:
INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS SEEKING ADMISSION (Prospective Students)

APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION

Step by Step Procedure on How to Apply for Admission into National Open University of Nigeria

2. On the Home Page, go to the Menu Bar, Click on Apply for Admission

3. Select either Undergraduate Programme or Postgraduate Programme. Other programme is not available at the moment

4. Goto “Choose Faculty”

5. Select Faculty

6. Select programme of study

7. Select “Level” (Note: Postgraduate level is preset.)

8. Select “View Subject Required” to view compulsory subjects required for admission.

9. Click “Apply” to proceed to payment form.

10. Input details. (Note: Amount is fixed and non refundable.)

11. Select Bank Branch as payment type

12. Click “Pay”

13. Copy and take your Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) number to any bank branch for payment.

After payment

14. Perform step 1 to 3

15. Goto “Continue After Payment”

16. Input Applicant Name and RRR number

17. Click “Proceed”

18. Fill Form. Note: all fields marked with red star are compulsory.

After filling form,

19. Click “Submit”

20. Print Admission Letter

21. Visit the nearest study centre for screening
thanks for this info. Pls enlighten, I studied public administration and I want to apply for MSC business administration but the course I studied which is public administration is not on the course requirements. Please can I apply and still get my admission letter with my 3years work experience?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by frixie: 7:02pm On Jan 21, 2017
Need help pls.,

I paid for admission form since December last year but could not start the application because the site was down. Now I tried to do the application but the new site refused to accept the RRR pin saying it was wrong. Is anyone having the same experience?

I also went to a centre to complain at the IT unit and was told the site is not user friendly at the moment. I just Dont know what to do now because I Dont want to start the school program late. Need help please.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 7:03pm On Jan 21, 2017
kclub83:
thanks for this info. Pls enlighten, I studied public administration and I want to apply for MSC business administration but the course I studied which is public administration is not on the course requirements. Please can I apply and still get my admission letter with my 3years work experience?
I am not too sure and will not want to give any verdict. I will advise you go to the nearest study centre to know about that.

Best of luck.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Timijo(m): 9:20pm On Jan 21, 2017
Please I need someone to tell me the amount I will pay and the necessary documents I will take to study center as a fresher.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by promisechild(m): 11:01pm On Jan 21, 2017
frixie:
Need help pls.,

I paid for admission form since December last year but could not start the application because the site was down. Now I tried to do the application but the new site refused to accept the RRR pin saying it was wrong. Is anyone having the same experience?

I also went to a centre to complain at the IT unit and was told the site is not user friendly at the moment. I just Dont know what to do now because I Dont want to start the school program late. Need help please.
you need to re generate the RRR and use it within 24hrs because it does expires.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by promisechild(m): 11:04pm On Jan 21, 2017
Timijo:
Please I need someone to tell me the amount I will pay and the necessary documents I will take to study center as a fresher.
your admission letter, birth certificate,olevel result, Idigene certificate!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Timijo(m): 11:46pm On Jan 21, 2017
promisechild:
your admission letter, birth certificate,olevel result, Idigene certificate!
Where do I get indigene certificate?

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dungas30(m): 5:33am On Jan 22, 2017
Timijo:
Where do I get indigene certificate?
YOUR LOCAL GOVERNMENT
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 5:57am On Jan 22, 2017
The Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Professor Ishaq Oloyede, has called on all agencies of the Federal Government, especially the Council for Legal Education (CLE), and the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), to respect the provisions of the law and stop the discrimination against graduates of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN).

Oloyede said this yesterday at the 6th Pre-Convocation Lecture of the Open University held in Abuja. It would be recalled that for some years now, the Council for Legal Education has denied law graduates of NOUN, admission into law school, arguing that the Open University was a part time programme. Opposing arguments by the vice chancellor of NOUN, Professor Abdalla Uba Adamu, that the Open University was a full time programme, as well as the intervention by the National Universities Commission (NUC), under immediate past executive secretary, Professor Julius Okojie, failed to get the CLE to yield.

Likewise, the NYSC has allegedly refused to mobilise graduates of the Open University for the one year national service on same argument.

Professor Oloyede said yesterday, that the agencies are taking the law into their hands. He enjoined them to take the matter to the National Assembly, rather than deny the graduates their rights either into law school or into the NYSC programme.

According to him, those who are castigating the Open University are ignorant, and the NUC should call them to order.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 5:57am On Jan 22, 2017
Nigeria Is Living In Denial Over It’s Challenges – Pat Utomi

Prof Pat Utomi has said that the country is experiencing a huge challenge of living in denial about its problems.

‎He said there is a certain conceit by Nigerians regarding the Nigerian condition and the place of ‎ Nigeria in the world and they think‎ that Nigeria is too big to fail.

Utomi, the two times Nigeria Presidential aspirant, who was the Guest Speaker at the 6th Pre-Convocation Lecture of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), in Abuja, disclosed this during his lecture titled, “Political economy of education: “Issues and challenges of opening and distance learning in Nigeria.”

According to him ” if we were not living in denial, one of the things we would have realised is that our country is in a rolling civil war.‎”

He said many people are dying as a result of violent death than any other country in war situation.

“We are struggling with Boko Haram, crisis in the north Central and in the South South, we are dealing with all kinds of issues llike militancy and so forth.

“More people die in Nigeria, a violent death than many of the countries in war.‎ What we have in Nigeria is an evrgreen civil war.

” How are we going to make progress when there’s so much violence everywhere?

“We have a zero-sub mindset. People are struggling over things that they shouldn’t be struggling over.”

Meanwhile, Utomi, who’s also the co-founder, Lagos Business School, has called on the federal government to prioritise education and health for its citizenry.

‎He said education would help to ameliorate the poverty of Nigerians.

In his speech, the Vice Chancellor, NOUN,Prof Abdallah Adamu, warned that the National Universities Commission (NUC) will shutdown any university that rejects degrees from students of the institution.

He said this while responding to a question raised by a student about non admission of NOUN nursing graduates by some unnamed university in Nigeria at the 6th pre-convocation lecture.

Adamu said NOUN degree had become acceptable globally.

He said the NUC for a long time had hindered the growth of tertiary education in Nigeria through its regulations.

According to him, it took the commission some time before it embraced private universities.

The commission, he added, had refused to adapt to the rapid change of education globally.

“This is a conversation into which the NUC has to be drawn. As guardians of the idea of a university in Nigeria the NUC has been traditionally slow to change. For the NUC a university was 100 hectares of condominium with many faculties and traditional teaching methods.

“To be sure, it is changing but the pace has been slow. It took it long to accept the idea of private universities and even such methods of pedagogy as the case study method. But we must not blame the leadership of the NUC alone,” he said.

Earlier in his response, the chairman of the lecture and registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Prof. Is-haq Oloyede, called on all institutions of the federal government to respect the law.

“The Council of Legal Education is a creation of the law. The National Youth Service Corps is a creation of the law and therefore NOUN is created by the law. If we decide to be lawless there will be anarchy.

“If anybody disagrees with a law the best place to go is the National Assembly not to take the law into his own hands. I therefore call on agencies of government to be law makers rather than law breakers,” he said.

(1) (2) (3) ... (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) ... (1580) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.