Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,691 members, 7,813,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (646) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3479391 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by trytillmake(m): 6:44pm On Jan 15, 2017
Does NOUN have anything like statement of result in lieu of certificate, cause i was just cleared by my PGD course by my supervisor since convocation is on the 21st.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Emanus: 8:41pm On Jan 15, 2017
Dear fellow colleagues, I am not surprised with the level of deterioration in NOUN, if you followed my previous messages about NOUN with other great colleagues like Anthony et al, then will could conclude that Nigeria government is not ready for open University.

The level of injustice to the students is on acceptable and many can't approach any study centre with hope that issues will be resolved.

I am not bother about these but little I have suffered for in NOUN.

I hope that one day, NOUN SUG will come out either as online protest against the leaders of the school and condemned there autrocities and injustice done by the school.

We need answers to so many questions? Why we are cut short of our Portal without information, why we pay course reg and yet errors in modules and shortages of modules? Why social classes have divided the school ( bribe and corruption) by staff and rich students, why our results are missing and TMAs are not computed well. With many more

There are lots to be told about NOUN but I hope our results released before will not be different from the one will see in this new portal.

Honestly, until we stand up and defend ourself as make sure that our hard earned money is of great successes to us.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 15, 2017
PORTAL might be ready this week
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kcboy34(m): 6:15am On Jan 16, 2017
This Semester, you are not going to do the normal Tma but CMA which is computer marked assignment and You will not be able to print it out like TMA, once you open it your time will be going and if you close it, it will score you whatever that you have done.
So, I think it is wise to order for your next semester course material now so that you can read ahead before the CMA will come out February.
contact me for your course materials at very affordable price Note: Delivery is available anywhere in Nigeria.
check my signature for details on how to contact me for it.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by oNj(m): 12:04pm On Jan 16, 2017
kcboy34:
This Semester, you are not going to do the normal Tma but
CMA which is computer marked assignment and You will not be
able to print it out like TMA, once you open it your time will be
going and if you close it, it will score you whatever that you have
done.

So, I think it is wise to order for your next semester course
material now so that you can read ahead before the CMA will
come out February.

contact me for your course materials at very affordable price
Note: Delivery is available anywhere in Nigeria.

check my signature for details on how to contact me for it.

"Pay" for course materials
These materials are free naa
Even as the portal have issues, a simple Google search will put them in your hands; so why the sale embarassed
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kwaso2: 3:17pm On Jan 16, 2017
Please for NOUNITES in Abuja, You can Call me to assist you with your Project, thesis, data analysis, TMA, workloads. Lets worry for you, I work with a group of other learned professionals. Am Just a Call away. Call Nsa-08055617560, 08036823538.

Regards,
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by odinu: 3:58pm On Jan 16, 2017
So happy my name was on the convocation list yeeepeeee......B.Sc Computer Science (Second class upper.)
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donplus1: 5:20pm On Jan 16, 2017
@odinu no list was pasted in my center, can u help me check few names abeg??
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by rusep: 5:43pm On Jan 16, 2017
Please how can I see the graduation list (MBA)
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by chiforall: 6:31pm On Jan 16, 2017
odinu:
So happy my name was on the convocation list yeeepeeee......B.Sc Computer Science (Second class upper.)
. pls is the graduating list out and how do I see it?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ShofoworaIV(m): 11:16pm On Jan 16, 2017
Add me up on Whatsapp for the 2017/18 Jamb group, Questions and Answers, Advice, Guideline and more. +2348189266777
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 11:49pm On Jan 16, 2017
NOUN To Graduate 12 First Class, 5,975 Other Students

Twelve students of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) have bagged first class honours while 5,975 students would be awarded various degree certificates in its forthcoming 6th convocation ceremony on Saturday in Abuja.

Speaking during a press briefing ceremony last weekend ahead of the NOUN convocation ceremony, the Vice Chancellor, Prof. Abdallah Adamu said the university has 224,000 students out of which 5,975 will be graduating at the event adding that the graduands spread across the eight faculties of the institution.

The NOUN VC said prisoners who want to study at the university would not be charged tuition fees.

“If a prisoner wants to study in noun, it is free of charge. We feel while they are there, they should not be denied education. But once he or she is out of prison they will pay,” he said.

The VC also disclosed that the law establishing the university was going to be amended to address the contentious issue of its law programme and the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) entrance.

According to him, the National Assembly would be holding a public forum to expunge the phrase which said the university will provide knowledge through ‘correspondence’ and replaced it with ‘Open Distance Learning (ODL).’

“The Senate will hold public hearing on the law upholding NOUN on Monday 16th January, to make amendments on the provision of law school and when that is expunged after second and third reading, we are home-free.

“Part of the essence of the public hearing is to erase the concept that NOUN is part time. No, we are not part time. So if we emphasise that we are full time, then the barriers of NYSC will be moved away. NYSC will listen to us.”

He said law students from the university would attend law schools and graduates would soon be mobilized for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) after the amendment.

“I can conveniently tell you everybody is worried about our students not being admitted into the Nigerian law school,” Adamu said.

He said the university had reduced the incidences of missing results after developing its own independent web portal following the termination of the agreement with an IT company that developed and managed the previous portal.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 11:51pm On Jan 16, 2017
The President of the Senate, Dr Bukola Saraki, has called for the inclusion of Information Communication Technology (ICT) among courses offered by the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN).
Saraki said that if included, it would advance learning in the institution across the Nigeria.
He made the call on Monday at the opening of a public hearing on “The National Open University Act amendment Bill 2016’’ organised by the Senate Committee on Tertiary Education and TetFund, in Abuja.
The President of the Senate, who was represented by the Chief Whip, Sen. Olushola Adeyeye, said that the amendment of the Act would strengthen the capacity of the university to deliver on its goal.
He said that the pivotal role of higher education as an underlined principle of moral education could not be over-emphasised, adding that the major thrust of the amendment bill was to improve on the existing legislation.
According to Saraki, studies have shown that increase in students’ exposure to ICT through curriculum integration has significant and positive impact on their achievements, especially in knowledge and comprehension of skills.
“It is on this basis that the establishment of the National Open University in July, 1983 as a springboard for open and distance learning in Nigeria was conceived.’’
He said that the university as it was currently ran depended on virtual learning and students individual research hence the need for improvement and introduction of helpful learning tools as presented by ICT.
Senator Saraki
He stated that so far, the success of the university was the most encouraging, adding that Nigerians must not lose sight of the fact that the global organisation of education was constantly evolving.
Saraki explained that NOUN provided access and flexibility to those, who ordinarily would not have had the opportunity to get formal education.
He therefore called for support from the legislators for the amendment of the bill.
He also called for updating of laws and policies to give valuable support to Nigeria’s quest for improved quality learning.
Earlier, Chairman of the Committee on Tertiary Education and TetFund, Sen. Jibrin Barau, said that the deployment of and penetration of ICT had eased the way of doing business and had modified the traditional means of communication.
Barau explained that the introduction of a platform to provide online tuition as a method of instruction would bring efficiency and convenience in the Open University system.
“As a foremost university that has brought education to the doorsteps of many individuals and has made learning easier for all, this amendment is apt, timely and in tune with the global best practices,” he said.
He said that amendment of the bill would also help to reposition the institution for better services, and help in producing quality graduates for Nigeria.
In his submission, Vice Chancellor of the university, Prof. Abdallah Adamu, said that the university was established to be technologically-driven.
He said that though ICT had been incorporated in the new amendment, the biggest area of concern to the institution was the inclusion of “Correspondent’’ on the bill in reference to students of the school.
“This gives the impression that we are not a full-time university, making us to be seen as part time.
“They give us the impression of temporariness rather than permanence,” Adamu said.
He disclosed that the institution had 78 study centres with a total of 254, 000 students’ enrolment across the country.
“This is the only university that provides thousands of people opportunity to acquire university education without having to leave their work.”
Adamu said that the new amendment should also include Open and Distance Learning (ODL) to clear the impression that the institution was not carrying out full-time programmes.
Similarly, Executive Secretary, National Universities Commission (NUC), Prof. Adamu Rasheed, said that the challenges of access to conventional Nigerian universities were not new to Nigerians.
Rasheed, who was represented by Dr Olamide Adesuwa, Director, Open and Distant Education of NUC, said that the low percentage of admissions into universities in the country necessitated the establishment of the NOUN.
According to him, global best practices in distance education have shown that it had moved from correspondence to leveraging on ICT.
He explained that distant education was “mediated learning’’, and that it was powered by ICT.
“Open and Distant Learning is not part-time; it is flexible mode of learning.
“It has to be seen as such in order not to misconstrue the efforts of the students who rather than waste time after work, now invest all of the time in learning.”
The executive secretary said that the commission was in support of amendment of the proposed amendment.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by odinu: 12:45am On Jan 17, 2017
I can see a brighter future for NOUN,am very sure, that as soon as the bill is amended NOUN will be OFFICIALLY accepted to participate in the NYSC scheme and her Law graduates will also be admitted into the Nigeria Law School...Kudos our able VC I think he is moving in the right direction...God Bless.

And for those asking about the convocation list..it must have been placed in all the study centers across Nigeria...well my study center used to be the Annex...Central Area Abuja....

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by birshi: 6:34am On Jan 17, 2017
Please, help us paste msc information technology graduation list
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by birshi: 6:37am On Jan 17, 2017
Please, what about Msc information technology graduation list
odinu:
I can see a barighter future for NOUN,am very sure, that as soon as the bill is amended NOUN will be OFFICIALLY accepted to participate in the NYSC scheme and her Law graduates will also be admitted into the Nigeria Law School...Kudos our able VC I think he is moving in the right direction...God Bless.

And for those asking about the convocation list..it must have been placed in all the study centers across Nigeria...well my study center used to be the Annex...Central Area Abuja....
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by chiforall: 9:59am On Jan 17, 2017
odinu:
I can see a brighter future for NOUN,am very sure, that as soon as the bill is amended NOUN will be OFFICIALLY accepted to participate in the NYSC scheme and her Law graduates will also be admitted into the Nigeria Law School...Kudos our able VC I think he is moving in the right direction...God Bless.

. pls can u help me paste pgde graduating list .
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by phisaryor: 10:16am On Jan 17, 2017
Pls when will the portal be opened for registration. Anyone with any tangible info should help pls
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by TheArchangel(f): 10:48am On Jan 17, 2017
odinu:

Please dear, kindly paste faculty of health sciences list. Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 11:13am On Jan 17, 2017
Join Attend Vantage Study Centre (AVSC) Today For The Best Noun Student Free 2 Weeks Lectures Starting On Saturday 21st January, 2017 @ No.45 Akobi Crescent,off Caxton Street, Ojuelegba, Surulere, Lagos Or Call 08185025045,08119855931 For More Infromation
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fejeerow(f): 12:22pm On Jan 17, 2017
birshi:
Please, help us paste msc information technology graduation list
How many years is MSc information technology?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fejeerow(f): 12:25pm On Jan 17, 2017
Am in 300l entrepreneurial and I already have a first degree in computer science from a conventional university.
Can I do my msc along side with my on going bsc degree? Or am I adviced to go to another school to do it?
Lastly , what is the duration of msc in open university
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by oneluvs: 2:56pm On Jan 17, 2017
fejeerow:
Am in 300l entrepreneurial and I already have a first degree in computer science from a conventional university.
Can I do my msc along side with my on going bsc degree? Or am I adviced to go to another school to do it?

You can proceed with ur application if u meet up with the requirements for Master. For duration it is one year, then research project
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 3:32pm On Jan 17, 2017
fejeerow:
I think you can. They are inconsequential. A year and half for MSc with project.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fejeerow(f): 9:18pm On Jan 17, 2017
Ok thanks guys. Another question . For 200l entrepreneurial and business managment. The industrial training, is it for 3months or 6montha, I haven't done mine cos I intend to do it this semester but there is another IT for this sememster... my question is that each IT is it 3mnths each or 6mnths each? Thanks ms
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 9:49pm On Jan 17, 2017
fejeerow:
Ok thanks guys. Another question . For 200l entrepreneurial and business managment. The industrial training, is it for 3months or 6montha, I haven't done mine cos I intend to do it this semester but there is another IT for this sememster... my question is that each IT is it 3mnths each or 6mnths each? Thanks ms
6 months each
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Pimiento(m): 5:47am On Jan 18, 2017
fejeerow:

I met with a guy from their SIWES dept. last November. He said for facaulty of management sciences' students, we are to register both IT at the same time and run it at stretch for 6 months. Meaning each is 3 months. He also told me that they are working towards merging the IT program to 1(six months)
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by temmydhayour: 7:13am On Jan 18, 2017
pls auz, I have a degree in estate management....will love to know from d auz if I can study business management at d PGD level. or what Oda course can I study with my degree. tanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:19am On Jan 18, 2017
6TH CONVOCATION CEREMONY
Sequel to the 6th Convocation Ceremony scheduled for 20th and 21st January 2017, the graduands concerned are required to sign and receive their Academic Gowns/Hoods from 12th to 20th January, 2017.

Please note that graduands of undergraduate programmes are to receive their gowns from their respective Study Centers while hoods would be issued at NOUN Model Study Centre Dutse Alhaji, Junction on Kubwa Express Way, Abuja.

However, graduands of Postgraduate programmes are required to collect academic gowns and hoods from the NOUN Model Study Centre Dutse Alhaji, Junction, Kubwa Express Way.

All graduands are expected to present the under listed documents at the point of collection of both items.

Evidence of payment of a fee of N15,000.00 for the use of Academic gown payable through: remita.net  (remita print-out inclusive)
Duly completed and authenticated clearance form (see attached sample).
The programme of activities are as follows:

Pre-Convocation Lecture

Date:              Friday, 20th January, 2017                                                                                                         

Venue:  Aja Nwachukwu Auditorium

National Universities Commission,

Aguyi Ironsi Way, Maitama, FCT-Abuja.

Time:              10.00am

Award of Certificates

Date:              Saturday, 21st January, 2017                                                                                                   

Venue:     Convocation Arena,

NOUN university village, Plot 91 Cadastral zone,

Nnamdi Azikwe Expressway, Jabi, Abuja.

Time:              10.00am

Thank you.

Mrs. Omorogieva E. Ileka

Deputy Registrar (Academic)

For: Registrar
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by talk2alabama: 7:36am On Jan 18, 2017
Anthonyo15:
NOUN To Graduate 12 First Class, 5,975 Other Students

Twelve students of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) have bagged first class honours while 5,975 students would be awarded various degree certificates in its forthcoming 6th convocation ceremony on Saturday in Abuja.

Speaking during a press briefing ceremony last weekend ahead of the NOUN convocation ceremony, the Vice Chancellor, Prof. Abdallah Adamu said the university has 224,000 students out of which 5,975 will be graduating at the event adding that the graduands spread across the eight faculties of the institution.

The NOUN VC said prisoners who want to study at the university would not be charged tuition fees.

“If a prisoner wants to study in noun, it is free of charge. We feel while they are there, they should not be denied education. But once he or she is out of prison they will pay,” he said.

The VC also disclosed that the law establishing the university was going to be amended to address the contentious issue of its law programme and the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) entrance.

According to him, the National Assembly would be holding a public forum to expunge the phrase which said the university will provide knowledge through ‘correspondence’ and replaced it with ‘Open Distance Learning (ODL).’

“The Senate will hold public hearing on the law upholding NOUN on Monday 16th January, to make amendments on the provision of law school and when that is expunged after second and third reading, we are home-free.

“Part of the essence of the public hearing is to erase the concept that NOUN is part time. No, we are not part time. So if we emphasise that we are full time, then the barriers of NYSC will be moved away. NYSC will listen to us.”

He said law students from the university would attend law schools and graduates would soon be mobilized for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) after the amendment.

“I can conveniently tell you everybody is worried about our students not being admitted into the Nigerian law school,” Adamu said.

He said the university had reduced the incidences of missing results after developing its own independent web portal following the termination of the agreement with an IT company that developed and managed the previous portal.
no pictures?

(1) (2) (3) ... (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.