Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,467 members, 7,836,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (802) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3504502 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) (804) (805) ... (1582) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by missyojo(f): 3:06pm On Dec 31, 2017
donplus1:

it hasn't started anywhere...chill till next year (probably first week of January)
See u in Abuja.

OK. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 4:50pm On Dec 31, 2017
Macharthony solutions (MS)��

Let me introduce you to MS. It started in the year 2012 when I became a student of NOUN and saw a lot of difficulties students go through ranging from unfriendly administrative staff, to lack of no conventional lecture, prey hanging around school compound seeking who to devour and so on.

Macharthony solutions was giving birth to in November 2012 at NOUN study centre sango, Ibadan (Ibadan study centre) and has been able to help a lot of students up till date and we still counting.

Our services⌛

1. Processing of new student application

2. Remita code generation (RRR)

3. Career counselling

4. Portal,semester, course and exam registration

5. IT, TP, field trip assistance

6. Project writing assistance

7. Course materials

8. TMA solutions

9. All Kinds of Past Questions

10. All NOUN related issues

Our testimony

We went through the system and came out with flying colours so we know about NOUN and we lead by example

We have lead a lot of students through, who also came out with flying colours

We keep ourselves abreast of NOUN matters

Contact

With just a click you can reach us on

08140289600(WhatsApp and call)

08185025045 ( calls only)
Distance is not a barrier.�
A trial will convince you...
Macharthony consult

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 4:59pm On Dec 31, 2017
FROM THE VICE CHANCELLOR OF NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA

NEW YEAR MESSAGE FROM THE VICE CHANCELLOR

Dear Colleagues,
Compliments of the season and happy New Year 2018 to all staff of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN).
The year 2017 witnessed a lot of transformation and important milestones in our operations, amongst which were the hosting/co-hosting of conferences, public lectures, workshops, etc. The University Management has also put measures in place to ensure adequate training and re-training of all cadre of staff. In this regard, we have developed a more aggressive and proactive means of accessing TETFund funding for these activities. This is part of the robust welfare package of the Management to ensure that staff are adequately equipped and motivated to put in their best at all times.
At the national level, the Senate of the National Assembly took a bold step in the onerous task of reviewing the Act establishing the NOUN, to pave the way for our graduates to be accepted in the Nigerian Law School and the NYSC scheme, and also to grant greater recognition our certificates by other tertiary institutions and employers of labor.
Of particular importance is the almost monumental success of the University in securing NUC’s approval and accreditation for new and previously suspended programs. This has come to confirm the NOUN mantra that “NOUN is more NUC than the NUC…” Management shall not rest on its oars until all that is required to nurture and sustain regulatory approvals of all NOUN programs are identified, acquired, provided and deployed.
The year 2017 also witnessed the appointment of the first female Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic) in the person of Prof. Joy Eyisi. More women were also appointed to important positions in the University as Directors of Academic Units and Study Centre Directors.
It is important to point out the robust advocacy quests of the various Study Centres across the country, which has helped to further popularize NOUN as an important public institution in the tertiary education sector. On this, Management commends the leadership and staff of all our Study Centres as well as the Directorate of Media and Publicity for their efforts and sacrifices in etching the NOUN brand in the minds of Nigerians. It is also in the spirit of advocacy that NOUN went all out to participate in the maiden Federal Education Sector Games (FEDUGAM) 2017 held in Lafia in which we overwhelmed all other educational institutions, confirming another of Management’s mantra: “NOUN is simply the best.”!
Let me also salute members of the University Management Team, Deans and Directors, Heads of Units and staff at all levels who have continued to show dedication to duty and put in their best to build the NOUN brand.
As the achievements-filled year 2017 draws to a close, we look forward to an even more promising and exciting 2018, starting with the 7th Convocation ceremony holding on 20th January, which would see the University graduating a record number of graduands including the His Excellency, Olusegun Obasanjo, a former President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the pioneer Ph.D. student of the University. The second semester examinations for 2017 that could not hold as a result of disruption of our academic calendar would then follow. Management counts on all staff to put in their best, usual best and nothing but the best, bearing in mind the need to act responsively and ethically as public servants at all times.
Also in 2018, we look forward to the completion of new Faculty Building and the University Library, whose construction we hope will begin soon. Our target is to move the remaining Faculties to Abuja in or before August 2018. We are currently building a media center to house our Radio Station (Abuja service) as well as a Warehouse for Course materials. We are hopeful also that a construction of NOUN Press will also begin soon which when fully active will save the university the cost of commercially printing our Study Materials.
Management is also excited to introduce the NOUN Business School (NBS)—a collaboration between the University and the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation—which would commence operations at its proposed Learning Centre located at the Federal Treasury Academy, Orozo in the Federal Capital Territory before second quarter of 2018. This would usher in a new era of top-notch business and leadership education in the country.
In all, 2018 looks promising for the University and Management believes that with your cooperation, understanding and continued sacrifice NOUN will to blaze the trail and overcome all challenges and remaining the best ODL institution in Africa.
I wish you all and your families a wonderful New Year and God’s abundant blessings.
Yours truly
Abdalla Uba Adamu
Vice Chancellor
Jabi, Abuja,
NIGERIA

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by coolsalm: 8:55pm On Dec 31, 2017
Good day house, please i would like to know if i can still apply for admission in Noun and when will the new academic session be starting

Thanks as i await ur replies
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 9:04pm On Dec 31, 2017
coolsalm:
Good day house, please i would like to know if i can still apply for admission in Noun and when will the new academic session be starting

Thanks as i await ur replies
You can. But new session/semester begins next year around March.
Wisedove same applies to you.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 31, 2017
ayungmony15:

ITS NOW LAGOS STUDY CENTRE, VICTORIA ISLAND

I want to transfer to Sure study centre.

So I have to go to VI to effect it?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Wisedove(m): 1:08am On Jan 01, 2018
Kazrem:

You can. But new session/semester begins next year around March.
Wisedove same applies to you.
Thanks Bro. Happy New Year
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by iamsammie(m): 8:43am On Jan 01, 2018
Please who knows the process for getting a NOUN statement of result and NYSC exemption letter from Abuja
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 9:02am On Jan 01, 2018
Happy New Year to all students of NOUN. May we all achieve academic success this year and beyond.

4 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 11:12am On Jan 01, 2018
In this new year I pray that the Lord of all grace perfect, establish, strengthen and settle us all in all ramification.

Happy New Year folks we all made it.

Macharthony ��

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 8:56pm On Jan 01, 2018
Happy New Year to all our esteem students as we all know that the race as began for Examination which is less than 22days now I hope you are fully prepared? I hope u must have finished your TMA by now so as to be able to concentrate on your exams. And if you are yet to complete your TMA we can help you fix it up that's why we are here to give u the best score u deserve.

Let the countdown begins for another exams once again Happy new year and have a glorious year

MISHA_CARES
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:24am On Jan 02, 2018
Greetings
Please I need your help guys.
Can I run a degree programme in noun while working and living in another city?
Like running a programme in the study centre in osogbo while living in Ilesa? .
How often must I show at the centre?
I need a detailed explanation please..
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by engrj(m): 6:34am On Jan 02, 2018
Good morning people of God

Pls who can help me out
I forgot to reg one carry over course and I'm written my last semester exam dis month
Pls somebody should help me or link me up
Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Wisedove(m): 9:19am On Jan 02, 2018
SnakeXenzia:
Greetings
yeah it is so much possible because I'm a friend who works in Akungba and his study center is in Akure. He said it's not compulsory to go the study since the course materials will be gotten online and you can study it on your own, you only have to login to the student portal to you get information on test which will be done online as well but you will be writing every exam physically, I mean POP(pen on paper) .
I stand to be corrected anyway
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayungmony15(m): 9:20am On Jan 02, 2018
New Development!

You can talk directly to the school through a new icon on the portal now.
Login to your portal and scroll down. You'll see "Report an Issue" icon. Click on it. Write your whatever and input your phone number then submit

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 10:00am On Jan 02, 2018
Good morning and welcome to a brand new year

This is to inform you that ID cards are now available on your portal if you have not uploaded your passport please do so you can print out your ID card
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mikeshine(m): 10:10am On Jan 02, 2018
iamsammie:
Please who knows the process for getting a NOUN statement of result and NYSC exemption letter from Abuja

I will like to have information on it as well
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emeraldoe(f): 10:57am On Jan 02, 2018
Pls help i've forgotten my password. How do i go about it?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Funkybabee(f): 12:59pm On Jan 02, 2018
SnakeXenzia:
Greetings

Chck ur mail
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hollayemy89: 1:23pm On Jan 02, 2018
Visit your Study centre IT, they will assist to reset it.

emeraldoe:
Pls help i've forgotten my password. How do i go about it?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 02, 2018
Funkybabee:

Chck ur mail
thank you.
Please check your mail again .
I'm hoping for a +response .thanks

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 6:21pm On Jan 02, 2018
The Issue Of Student's Missing Results In NOUN

After looking at the issue of missing results in NOUN and its effect of denying eligible students from graduating from the school; even though students(including myself) have met the requirements to be graduated from their chosen degree programmes , sometimes by even exceeding the minimum requirements of (50 & 90 & 120 respectively) in credit units .

READ MORE
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 6:24pm On Jan 02, 2018
FG backs NOUN’s plan to expand to African countries

The Federal Government has given its nod to the plan by the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) to extend academic proficiency to other African regions.

The Minister of State for Education, Prof. Anthony Anwukah disclosed this when he met with the President and Board members of the African Council for Distant Education (ACDE).

Anwukah, who thanked the team for the visit and commended them for the progress made so far in ACDE, assured the visitors that the ministry would provide the necessary support towards NOUN’s out-reach to other African regions, as well as sending a representative to the forth-coming Open and Distance Learning (ODL) Assembly proposed to hold in Mozambique in May, 2018 Earlier, in his remarks, the President of ACDE, Prof. Abdelraouf Ahmed Abbas Elbadawi expressed gratitude to the ministry for taking a major decision to host the maiden African Council for Distance Education (ACDE) Quality Assurance and Accreditation Agency (QAAA) in 2009 at the National Open University of Nigeria.

READ MORE
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 6:38pm On Jan 02, 2018
BE INFORMED:
Convocation holds January 20th, POP exam begins January 23

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by naijaboy756: 6:44pm On Jan 02, 2018
Anthonyo15:
Good morning and welcome to a brand new year

This is to inform you that ID cards are now available on your portal if you have not uploaded your passport please do so you can print out your ID card
I am trying to upload mypassport and itis saying the file name doesnt match my matric number. What could be wrong
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by NENigeria(m): 6:48pm On Jan 02, 2018
Hello everyone, is there any hope of reopening the portal for registration?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayungmony15(m): 7:19pm On Jan 02, 2018
IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!

It is glaring that the school management is abiding with the school calendar by virtue of payment and closure of registration notification, which they abode with. We cannot predict them on their next move concerning Tmas.

,Therefore it is advisable to do the needful at the right time before congestion comes up on the portal,which will call for fixing days for each faculty.

Moreover, Sometimes 0.5 ,1 or 2 Marks is been deducted when there's congestion on the portal.

The earlier the better.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emeraldoe(f): 7:46pm On Jan 02, 2018
Ok. Thanks
hollayemy89:
Visit your Study centre IT, they will assist to reset it.

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Wisedove(m): 8:01pm On Jan 02, 2018
I wanna apply for direct entry into faculty of management science with a NCE in study Business Education.

My question is that, does it mean I need all the requirements below apply or I will only choose from it and apply with the one I'm having?

I need urgent answer fam. Thanks in anticipation.

when trying the registration out on the site the requirements was stated as below:

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by to9ice: 5:29am On Jan 03, 2018
Am a pgde student of noun... Did my teaching practice last semester ND yet to c my result... Pls anyone in my shoes pls... Has anyone who did tp last semester seen result? Someone should plz ansa me... Thks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 6:23am On Jan 03, 2018
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!

compliments of the season sorry this is coming late but it better late than never

I hope we are rounding up with TMA cos exam is just around the corner

POP timetable is already out first draft though

Registration portal has closed buh still hoping it re-opens before exams.

Check your portals as to view some course codes which have being changed

If you have not seen one or two of your TMA don't worry it will be sorted out soon

Assistance is still available for TMA with nice scores you can chat me up if interested

Finally the portal is very stable now so no need for check ups

MISHA_CARES
+2349051481358

(1) (2) (3) ... (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) (804) (805) ... (1582) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.