Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (894) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3485023 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (891) (892) (893) (894) (895) (896) (897) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ennychoc019: 9:40pm On Aug 31, 2018
pls,how many semesters is made up PGD.Education
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Chiglo1: 1:21am On Sep 01, 2018
Please I want to register for M.ed guidance and counselling. What is the procedure and school fees estimate. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Chiglo1: 2:19am On Sep 01, 2018
Please can someone add me to the group, I'm M.ed guidance and counselling Student. 09056628312 Thanks

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 5:36am On Sep 01, 2018
Dhara12:

@nounitesportal

How To Reprint Application Form/Admission Letter

1. Go to www.nouonline.net

2. Click on Apply for admission and choose Apply for undergraduate

3. On the new page, click on Reprints and choose Reprint 2018/1 undergraduate application form (or admission letter as the case may be)

4. Enter the RRR code and Unique ID and then click on submit.

5. Click on Proceed to print to finally have it downloaded.

Visit NOUNITESPORTAL for more guides

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 6:09am On Sep 01, 2018
NOUN to Admit One Million Undergraduates Soon

The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) is working to raise its admission to one million students soon, Chairman of the NOUN Governing Council, Prof. Peter Okebokola, has said.

Okebokola told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Friday in Abuja on the sideline of the meeting of the council, that the open university currently admits up to 450,000 undergraduates.

He said: “The new council would work with the Senate of the university to double enrolment to one million through the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) in the next couple of years.

“We have about 450, 000 for now but more importantly for us is that the quality of delivery of NOUN programmes will be significantly enhanced that in another two years, graduates from NOUN will be the best in Nigeria.

READ MORE
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 6:50am On Sep 01, 2018
NOUN vs. Law School

•It’s high time the imbroglio was resolved

The imbroglio over the status of the law graduates of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), should be resolved by this administration as quickly as possible. The previous administrations could not resolve it because they only paid lip service to that challenge. The administration of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, for instance, didn’t do anything to resolve the dispute, yet he now gives the impression that he sympathises with the distressed graduates, by openly associating with them.

It is such a double standard that has rendered the law products of the university emotionally and physically endangered. They are endangered because they attended a university approved and run by the state, where they are awarded the law degree, yet they are told that they are unqualified to be admitted to the Nigerian Law School, which would entitle them to be admitted to the Nigerian Bar as Solicitors and Advocates of the Supreme Court.

READ MORE. . . .
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 6:51am On Sep 01, 2018
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by akachianyim: 9:42am On Sep 01, 2018
Become a Certified world safety professional by enrolling in Health, safety and Environment (HSE) level 1,2,3 training organize by a certified world safety instructor. Participants become an automatic WSO associate member FREE OF CHARGE.

Training is starting on the 6th-8th September in Lagos

*Fee:*

*Registration fee:* *#5,000*

*Training fee: #30,000 for classroom training*

**Training fee: #30,000 for online training.*

Fee covers Training, material and membership
*Registration is on!!!*

Online five participants needed!!

For inquiry and registration, call:08031883143

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 8:15am On Sep 02, 2018
GOOD MORNING ERUDITE COLLEAGUES OF MINE

The 2018_2 semester begins tomorrow which is on the 3rd of september, 2018.

Resuming this new semester is neither by our power nor might but by the grace of the Almighty for making it a success. May the Almighty provide us with all our needs and make this semester a peaceful and very successful one for us. AMEN.

As we resume this semester, we all know we might encounter so many obstacles to grapple with likewise having to perform a lot of tasks within a very short while. Here are some concepts on how to manage our time so we can achieve so much more with our limited quantity of available duration.

1. KILL NOTIFICATIONS
Modern technology has evolved to exploit our urgency addiction: Facebook, Twitter, BBM, Whatsapp and more will fight to distract you constantly. Choose to check these things only at your leisure and work through them together, saving time.

2. SCHEDULE YOUR PRIORITIES
Humans are such funny critters. If you have a friend to meet, you’ll arrange to see them at a set time. But if you have something that matters to you more than anything – say writing a book, or going to the gym – you won’t schedule it. You’ll just ‘get round to it’. Treat your highest priorities like flights you have to catch: give them a set time in advance and say no to anything that would stop you making your flight.

3. FIRST THINGS FIRST
What is the single? Most important (not urgent) thing you could possibly be doing? Do some of that today. Remember there’s a limitless number of distracting stormtroopers – don’t fool yourself by thinking “if I just do this thing first then I can”. *Great men and women don’t live by excuses*.

4. START A DIARY
This should not be too difficult, all you need is a good book and a pen. Every night before you go to sleep, you can take twenty or thirty minutes to jot down the day in summary. Your accomplishments, mistakes and feelings. It helps to put each day in perspective and start a new day just right. It also helps you to keep track of your progress and growth.

5. READ 2 HOURS DAILY
*NOTE*: It does not always have to be books related to your academics, although school books should take the bulk time. Just remember that you must read for two hours everyday. Depending on your attention span, you can spread it throughout the day, just make sure you keep to the goal. You will be amazed at how much you can achieve with such a goal.

6. LEARN A SKILL
Learn a skill, either related to your field of study or not. The internet is a wonderful resource in this aspect, there are millions of YouTube videos and PDF textbooks, you can download free of charge and use to get acquainted with the skill you wish to learn. Time, effort and practice will be required, but at the end of this semester you will become a better and more employable person.

7. DON'T MISS A LECTURE-(OPTIONAL)
This will likely be difficult, but it is a worthwhile goal, if you manage not to miss a lecture and take good notes, you will most likely do well in your exams at the end of the semester, the goal is very well worth it. Set it. Work towards it. Make sure you don't spend more time on frivolities.

May the goodness, favor, mercy and blessings of the Almighty follow us all as we embark on another great journey this semester. Amen.

Be Reminded!!!
If you need our assistance, feel free to contact us.

#Macharthony Solutions

3 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by xcelentattitude(m): 1:21pm On Sep 02, 2018
Please how many years it if I enter using direct entry
How much is the school fees(maybe an approximate value)
How many times can it be paid?
Lastly, what are the things I must have (laptop, modem etc)

Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by NobodyKnows(m): 1:32pm On Sep 02, 2018
Lol.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by segsman(m): 3:35pm On Sep 02, 2018
News:
*TIMELINE FOR COURSE AND EXAM REGISTRATION*

Registration of Courses/Examinations begins on the *3rd of September, 2018.*

Registration of Courses/Examination ends *5th of October, 2018.*

*SIGN........*
*GIVE US A CALL IF YOU NEED ANY ASSISTANCE 07063875320
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Macaulish(m): 5:29pm On Sep 02, 2018
Hi

Everyone ...

Is NOUN REGISTRATION now through Jamb Portal.

I stumble on it few days back.

Seams the FG are they making all Institutional Registration go through the same Medium.

Has anyone tried it out yet.

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sammirano: 7:20pm On Sep 02, 2018
Please, can i still apply today?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 11:24pm On Sep 02, 2018
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sammirano: 1:22am On Sep 03, 2018
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 03, 2018
segsman:
News:
*TIMELINE FOR COURSE AND EXAM REGISTRATION*

Registration of Courses/Examinations begins on the *3rd of September, 2018.*

Registration of Courses/Examination ends *5th of October, 2018.*

*SIGN........*
*GIVE US A CALL IF YOU NEED ANY ASSISTANCE 07063875320

Does this mean screening starts today too?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by walexzee11(m): 8:44am On Sep 03, 2018
Anthonyo15:
GOOD MORNING ERUDITE COLLEAGUES OF MINE

The 2018_2 semester begins tomorrow which is on the 3rd of september, 2018.

Resuming this new semester is neither by our power nor might but by the grace of the Almighty for making it a success. May the Almighty provide us with all our needs and make this semester a peaceful and very successful one for us. AMEN.

As we resume this semester, we all know we might encounter so many obstacles to grapple with likewise having to perform a lot of tasks within a very short while. Here are some concepts on how to manage our time so we can achieve so much more with our limited quantity of available duration.

1. KILL NOTIFICATIONS
Modern technology has evolved to exploit our urgency addiction: Facebook, Twitter, BBM, Whatsapp and more will fight to distract you constantly. Choose to check these things only at your leisure and work through them together, saving time.

2. SCHEDULE YOUR PRIORITIES
Humans are such funny critters. If you have a friend to meet, you’ll arrange to see them at a set time. But if you have something that matters to you more than anything – say writing a book, or going to the gym – you won’t schedule it. You’ll just ‘get round to it’. Treat your highest priorities like flights you have to catch: give them a set time in advance and say no to anything that would stop you making your flight.

3. FIRST THINGS FIRST
What is the single? Most important (not urgent) thing you could possibly be doing? Do some of that today. Remember there’s a limitless number of distracting stormtroopers – don’t fool yourself by thinking “if I just do this thing first then I can”. *Great men and women don’t live by excuses*.

4. START A DIARY
This should not be too difficult, all you need is a good book and a pen. Every night before you go to sleep, you can take twenty or thirty minutes to jot down the day in summary. Your accomplishments, mistakes and feelings. It helps to put each day in perspective and start a new day just right. It also helps you to keep track of your progress and growth.

5. READ 2 HOURS DAILY
*NOTE*: It does not always have to be books related to your academics, although school books should take the bulk time. Just remember that you must read for two hours everyday. Depending on your attention span, you can spread it throughout the day, just make sure you keep to the goal. You will be amazed at how much you can achieve with such a goal.

6. LEARN A SKILL
Learn a skill, either related to your field of study or not. The internet is a wonderful resource in this aspect, there are millions of YouTube videos and PDF textbooks, you can download free of charge and use to get acquainted with the skill you wish to learn. Time, effort and practice will be required, but at the end of this semester you will become a better and more employable person.

7. DON'T MISS A LECTURE-(OPTIONAL)
This will likely be difficult, but it is a worthwhile goal, if you manage not to miss a lecture and take good notes, you will most likely do well in your exams at the end of the semester, the goal is very well worth it. Set it. Work towards it. Make sure you don't spend more time on frivolities.

May the goodness, favor, mercy and blessings of the Almighty follow us all as we embark on another great journey this semester. Amen.

Be Reminded!!!
If you need our assistance, feel free to contact us.

#Macharthony Solutions
Hi Boss, I'm getting conflicting amount for IT/SIWES Fee, Please I need you to shed light on it. Is it 15k,10k or what? Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Tojued: 8:51am On Sep 03, 2018
Iyamarun:

Does this mean screening starts today too?

Yes
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emmaclue: 9:30am On Sep 03, 2018
Good morning all. Happy new month.. Please I want to know the nearest tutorial centre at ikotun area.... Happy resumption and a stress free semester. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:47am On Sep 03, 2018
ATTENTION EVERYONE

INFORMATION JUST REACHING ME FRM SOURCE IS DAT COURSE AND EXAM REGISTRATION WILL BE OPENED TODAY.. ALL STUDENTS RE ADVICED NOT TO REGISTER IMMEDIATELY U RE ALL ADVICED TO LEAVE UR COURSE AND EXAMS REGISTRATION TILL NEXT WEEK TO AVOID STORY DAT TOUCHES TANKS.. INFORM OTHER STUDENTS

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by amulet: 10:01am On Sep 03, 2018
so new students are to register from next week?
and i applied for direct entry with cambridge Alevel result but admission slip indicated that i have been adnitted to 100level , can i rectify this during course registration? thank you in advance

Anthonyo15:
ATTENTION EVERYONE

INFORMATION JUST REACHING ME FRM SOURCE IS DAT COURSE AND EXAM REGISTRATION WILL BE OPENED TODAY.. ALL STUDENTS RE ADVICED NOT TO REGISTER IMMEDIATELY U RE ALL ADVICED TO LEAVE UR COURSE AND EXAMS REGISTRATION TILL NEXT WEEK TO AVOID STORY DAT TOUCHES TANKS.. INFORM OTHER STUDENTS
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 10:18am On Sep 03, 2018
How To Know Your Registrable Courses For The Incoming Semester.

The 2018 second semester is here.. It is important you know the courses you will take and the likely cost estimate for them.

Here is a step by step guide on how to know your registrable courses and the likely amount to pay.

Steps for registrable courses:

Step 1: Visit nouedu.net

Step 2: Click on Study with us, choose Programmes, and then select Registrable Courses

Step 3: On the new page, choose your Faculty in the Host Faculty and click on Apply

Step 4: The new page has the list of courses in your Faculty. So choose your course of study.

Step 5: Finally, the new page has the list of all courses to be taken in your department from 100-400 (or 700 level for PGD and 800 level for Masters) both first and second semester.

Step 6: Scroll to your level and semester and write out your courses for the new semester that is to commence by September 3rd.

Things you should note are these:

a: the credit units of the course e.g 2 units, 3 units, 4 units or even 6 units.

b: the status if it is Core or Elective.

Next, I will explain how to know your estimated cost for the semester.

For now, go see your registrable courses for the semester.

For any challenge, send a private message to me.

-KAS
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 10:22am On Sep 03, 2018
Chiglo1:
Please I want to register for M.ed guidance and counselling. What is the procedure and school fees estimate. Thanks

Step by Step Procedure on How to Apply for Admission

Visit the site www.nouonline.net

On the Home Page, go to the Menu Bar, Click on Apply for Admission

Select either Undergraduate Programme or Postgraduate Programme. Other programme is not available at the moment

Goto “Choose Faculty” (note it can be found at the left hand side of the screen)

Select Faculty

Fill displayed form

Click below to view admission criteria

Click “Apply” to proceed.

Take note of the UNIQUE ID displayed

Click 'Continue' button

Select Bank Branch as payment type

Click “Pay”

Copy and take your RRR number to any bank branch for payment.

After payment

Perform step 1 to 3

Goto “Continue After Payment”

Input Unique ID, RRR number and Programme

Click “Proceed”

Fill Form. Note: all fields marked with red star are compulsory.

After filling form

Click “Submit”

Print Admission Letter

Visit the nearest study centre for screening
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by babs4090(m): 11:22am On Sep 03, 2018
I just received an information that screening has been shifted to next week. How true is this info? And can we go ahead to register for courses and exams before screening?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ahijo1990(m): 12:41pm On Sep 03, 2018
Pls I need help guys.

I applied for MSc peace studies and conflict resolution, paid application form, filled the form and printed it out pending screening.

But I had a change of mind. I want to switch to MSc public administration which is in faculty of management science. Can I re-register with my old remita code? And is it possible to switch courses at this stage?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 03, 2018
babs4090:
I just received an information that screening has been shifted to next week. How true is this info? And can we go ahead to register for courses and exams before screening?

Yes screening has been shifted. Just coming from a center
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 03, 2018
Tojued:

Yes

Thanks tojued
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Tojued: 1:57pm On Sep 03, 2018
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sunmarouk(m): 9:17pm On Sep 03, 2018
Ahijo1990:
Pls I need help guys.

I applied for MSc peace studies and conflict resolution, paid application form, filled the form and printed it out pending screening.

But I had a change of mind. I want to switch to MSc public administration which is in faculty of management science. Can I re-register with my old remita code? And is it possible to switch courses at this stage?

not possible, thay money has already been used. just go and pay another 7500 & re-apply to your deisire course
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sunmarouk(m): 9:18pm On Sep 03, 2018
Hi everyone. no one told me i have to burn/copy my project to a CD(compact disk), along side, the hard copies
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 9:23pm On Sep 03, 2018
sunmarouk:

not possible, thay money has already been used. just go and pay another 7500 & re-apply to your deisire course
Its possible. Ahijo1990 you can actually do a change of course. Visit your study center for the how

(1) (2) (3) ... (891) (892) (893) (894) (895) (896) (897) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.