Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,159 members, 7,856,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 02:46 AM

Short Story Competition - Literature (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Short Story Competition (42032 Views)

Short Story Competition - <<Nuges11 wins!!!!>> / Commonwealth Short Story Competition / 2008-9 Commonwealth Short Story Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Short Story Competition by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 02, 2013
Damex333: If the judges are to make all their critics and observations before d week ends, why is that thread still locked?
I bow o undecided
Re: Short Story Competition by AbuMikey(m): 2:58pm On Oct 02, 2013
^^ gringrin
Re: Short Story Competition by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 02, 2013
Larai Boluwaji:
I bow o undecided
why are you bowing?
Re: Short Story Competition by Nastydroid(m): 8:36am On Oct 03, 2013
*passing by eating pop corn * why is this place empty?
Re: Short Story Competition by FoxyFlow(m): 9:04am On Oct 03, 2013
Nastydroid: *passing by eating pop corn * why is this place empty?

Them dey compile the result,.... Walai, even INEC no dey delay like this grin grin

1 Like

Re: Short Story Competition by kingphilip(m): 9:09am On Oct 03, 2013
Foxy_Flow:

Them dey compile the result,.... Walai, even INEC no dey delay like this grin grin

bros e tire me o...see as here dry as if nothin go ever happen here again smh
Re: Short Story Competition by FoxyFlow(m): 9:42am On Oct 03, 2013
kingphilip:

bros e tire me o...see as here dry as if nothin go ever happen here again smh

Make we hope say dem go release the results today
Re: Short Story Competition by kingphilip(m): 10:32am On Oct 03, 2013
Foxy_Flow:

Make we hope say dem go release the results today
result today? Wey dem be de clamor for one week plus
Re: Short Story Competition by princesa(f): 11:06am On Oct 03, 2013
Okay, finished reading all entries and as usual I've got a little something something

T-flow: good choice of diction, impressive narration and dialogue, consistent plot. The opening paragraph was bulky, some copy and paste work? Please endeavour to keep the opening paragraph catchy, precise and punchy.

Numerruno- Me thinks your story lacks a definite sense of direction and the plot inconsistent with so many characters that do not have clear-cut roles. I advise that you concentrate on and develop very few characters if you get to the next round.

Oma4u: hmm, it felt like i was watching a flick from 'yollywood' (the yoruba version of the nollywood grin). Anyway, the proverb coloured dialogues suit the epic piece I.e. Good dialogue, good spacing too, but the length! Did you word count? don't forget you have to always work with the rules of the competition.

That all criticism i have, will be dropping my best five soon..smiley
Re: Short Story Competition by MaziOmenuko: 11:06am On Oct 03, 2013
The submission thread will be unlocked tomorrow, friday. Results and analysis will start coming in from tomorrow and by sunday, the result will be announced. The final stage commences thereafter.

Thanks.
Re: Short Story Competition by FoxyFlow(m): 11:11am On Oct 03, 2013
princesa: Okay, finished reading all entries and as usual I've got a little something something

T-flow: good choice of diction, impressive narration and dialogue, consistent plot. The opening paragraph was bulky, some copy and paste work? Please endeavour to keep the opening paragraph catchy, precise and punchy.

Numerruno- Me thinks your story lacks a definite sense of direction and the plot inconsistent with so many characters that do not have clear-cut roles. I advise that you concentrate on and develop very few characters if you get to the next round.

Oma4u: hmm, it felt like i was watching a flick from 'yollywood' (the yoruba version of the nollywood grin). Anyway, the proverb coloured dialogues suit the epic piece I.e. Good dialogue, good spacing too, but the length! Did you word count? don't forget you have to always work with the rules of the competition.

angry angry angry angry
Re: Short Story Competition by MaziOmenuko: 11:17am On Oct 03, 2013
princesa:

I pray thee to wait a while longer until the submission thread is opened tomorrow so you can drop your nominations there.

Thanks.

#how is my son treating you?#
Re: Short Story Competition by princesa(f): 11:28am On Oct 03, 2013
Foxy_Flow:

angry angry angry angry
someone is having middle age crisis grin grin

Mazi_Omenuko:

I pray thee to wait a while longer until the submission thread is opened tomorrow so you can drop your nominations there.

Thanks.

#how is my son treating you?#
okay then, i surely can waitsmiley

#hmm, your son and I are having those couple crisis they talk about on tv embarassed we seem estranged these days with both of us seeking succour in the arms of others, poor me, can't even make a relationship work sad#

grin
Re: Short Story Competition by FoxyFlow(m): 11:32am On Oct 03, 2013
princesa:
someone is having middle age crisis grin grin

grin

Like seriously, na which kind person you be self.... You just abandon the thread like that and you know say to quarrel with you na fun angry tongue
Re: Short Story Competition by princesa(f): 11:48am On Oct 03, 2013
Foxy_Flow:

Like seriously, na which kind person you be self.... You just abandon the thread like that and you know say to quarrel with you na fun angry tongue
fun ba, i know you're tripping for mewink tongue

anyway, my hormonal fluctuation determine my mood and if i wanna comment or bicker, and for a while its being static grin cool
Re: Short Story Competition by FoxyFlow(m): 11:52am On Oct 03, 2013
princesa:
fun ba, i know you're tripping for mewink tongue

anyway, my hormonal fluctuation determine my mood and if i wanna comment or bicker, and for a while its being static grin cool

Tripping for who?

Not in a million years. I am supposed to ask you that self...

#Fine boy no pimples#
Re: Short Story Competition by princesa(f): 12:35pm On Oct 03, 2013
Foxy_Flow:

Tripping for who?

Not in a million years. I am supposed to ask you that self...

#Fine boy no pimples#
like i care cool
Re: Short Story Competition by EfemenaXY: 1:50pm On Oct 03, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: The submission thread will be unlocked tomorrow, friday. Results and analysis will start coming in from tomorrow and by sunday, the result will be announced. The final stage commences thereafter.

Thanks.

My feedback analysis, critiques and nominated five will come through on Sunday, not before.
Re: Short Story Competition by FoxyFlow(m): 1:56pm On Oct 03, 2013
Efemena_xy:

My feedback analysis, critiques and nominated five will come through on Sunday, not before.

I hate working with women walai....

What stopped you from using the PM button?

Efe, you ma sef angry angry

1 Like

Re: Short Story Competition by Kslib(m): 2:33pm On Oct 03, 2013
**clears throat***
Erm **Adjusts bow tie to allow him breathe well**

I think the short stories posted so far should at-least make FrontPage na.. That should be enough compensation for those who put in effort to write something down..
I hope this isn't too much to ask,considering the fact that this is also a competition no matter how small it looks..

The 15contestants will be gingered/motivated by the Negative and positive comments they'll receive from a larger audience..

Mynd,do something..
All izz well!
Re: Short Story Competition by AbuMikey(m): 2:35pm On Oct 03, 2013
Kslib: **clears throat***
Erm **Adjusts bow tie to allow him breathe well**

I think the short stories posted so far should at-least make FrontPage na.. That should be enough compensation for those who put in effort to write something down..
I hope this isn't too much to ask,considering the fact that this is also a competition no matter how small it looks..

The 15contestants will be gingered/motivated by the Negative and positive comments they'll receive from a larger audience..

Mynd,do something..
All izz well!

#word
Re: Short Story Competition by Kslib(m): 2:40pm On Oct 03, 2013
Abu Mikey:

#word
lol..

Every competition dey make frontpage..

NL's Poet competition..
Mr Nairaland..
Mrs Nairaland..
NL's men's wooing challenge..
NL's women's wooing challenge.

I sure say this one sef go make FP..lol grin
All izz well!
Re: Short Story Competition by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:14pm On Oct 03, 2013
Let me drop my something too.

Foxy, stay off back please angry
Re: Short Story Competition by FoxyFlow(m): 3:18pm On Oct 03, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Let me drop my something too.

Foxy, stay off back please angry

You should have smiled... This one you are boning.

If what you wanna say is "sensible", then I would have no probs with it
Re: Short Story Competition by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 03, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Why must it be sunday? Stop being so bossy,u arnt d only judge here. Mazi said by sunday so let the judges have everything ready before then for smooth transition

1 Like

Re: Short Story Competition by FoxyFlow(m): 3:40pm On Oct 03, 2013
Larai Boluwaji:
Why must it be sunday? Stop being so bossy,u arnt d only judge here. Mazi said by sunday so let the judges have everything ready before then for smooth transition

This thread really was unplanned.

I will reserve my comment until the end of the competition.

Most time, the PM button is really a wonderful tool to work with.
Re: Short Story Competition by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:44pm On Oct 03, 2013
Foxy_Flow:

This thread really was unplanned.

I will reserve my comment until the end of the competition.

Most time, the PM button is really a wonderful tool to work with.
Don't provoke! Do not provoke! Do not provoke
Re: Short Story Competition by AbuMikey(m): 3:50pm On Oct 03, 2013
Niccur was just saying the truth nau undecided

True words from Laria Boluwaji lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Short Story Competition by Omolola1(f): 3:54pm On Oct 03, 2013
Larai Boluwaji:

True

3 Likes

Re: Short Story Competition by timpaker(m): 6:44pm On Oct 03, 2013

I'm sorry I missed the deadline submission date.
I wish I had gotten a notification email or something.
Anyway, I wish the contestants goodluck

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (41) (Reply)

[story] The Perfect Couple (adults Only)…part 1 / ... / Olaokun Soyinka Writes Tonye Cole Over Airplane Seat Saga Of Wole Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.