Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,931 members, 7,814,162 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

"Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward (9487 Views)

Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi / Graphic Photos Of Kidnappers Shot Dead By Security Operatives In Anambra State / Picture & Names Of Kidnappers Of Osun Speaker’s Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by naptu2: 2:49pm On Sep 17, 2013
This title was the original title of the story when it was posted on another website (I wonder if the anti-spam bot will ban me if I write the name of the website) yesterday.
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by 3ace(m): 2:50pm On Sep 17, 2013
chreld_b: MOD's Please for the sake of your credibility I advice that you change the title of this thread. This article has gone relatively viral. I personally have read it in other newspapers and websites. The title of the article is in contradiction to its content and I think that is an irresponsible misrepresentation.
The mod too didn't read the content and unfortunately at the moment, he is gone to sleep. Until he wakes up, the wrong title remains.
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by collynzo2(m): 2:52pm On Sep 17, 2013
Anti-Serious:
ahh.......his wife would have enough time with other men dats why she sent him away grin grin
Seriously his wife must be having some good time with the plumber or something, she desperately wanted him out of her sight.
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by naptu2: 2:53pm On Sep 17, 2013
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by aiksneffects: 2:55pm On Sep 17, 2013
AND BRITAIN IS A COUNTRY OF PAEDOPHILES, CHILD RAPISTS, SODOMITES AND CORRUPT GLOBAL ELITES. I LIVE IN LONDON AS A BRITISH NATIONAL OF NIGERIAN ORIGIN, I CAN PROUDLY SAY I LOVE NIGERIA AND THE FAMILY AND GOOD MORAL STANDARD I WAS RAISED UP IN MY HOME VILLAGE CAN NEVER BE FOUND IN ANY BRITISH SOCIETY.

THE CRIME KIDNAPPERS AND CORRUPT POLITICIANS COMMIT CAN NEVER TO BE COMPARED TO SECRET EVIL OF THE BRITISH ROYAL FAMILY AND THEIR GOVERNMENT.
WE DONT CELEBRAT HOMOSEXUAL IN NIGERIA but the british do

WE DONT INVADE OTHER COUNTRY AND TOPPLE THE LEADERS WE DONT LIKE AND KILL WOMEN AND CHILDREN LIKE THEY DO IN IRAQ, LYBJA, AFGHANISTAN, PAKISTAN ETC.

WE DONT HAVE OPENLY HOMOSEXUAL POLITICIANS IN NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by IloveGH: 3:00pm On Sep 17, 2013
Why am I here sef? This matter be family matter. Oya, runs away and not turning back cheesy
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by Tekzyflex(m): 3:02pm On Sep 17, 2013
The topic of his article is actually an irony.
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by dbride: 3:03pm On Sep 17, 2013
Well written but Asaba, Oghara, Gov Uduaghan couldn't have given you, Mr Hayward, all you need to complete your report on Nigeria. Why Delta State (Asaba, Warri and Ibori's Oghara) and the Governor, who commissioned that project and for what purpose?
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 17, 2013
Smh! So, many Nls comments on thread without reading, how do they pass exams? The way the writer framed the topic is to attract readers and enthusiasts like you who will quickly open the thread or buy their book/newspaper only to be taken aback with the original intention of the writer. This is accepted in journalism or in writing.

Meaning of the article: The writer was misinformed about Nigeria being a country of kidnappers and corrupt politicians and so, he was eager (owing to his nature of job as a journalist and the encouragement he got from his wife) to come to Nigeria and have a first-hand experience. On getting to Nigeria, he found a different story all together, that Nigeria is one of the most friendly countries he has ever been to and some infrastructures like airports and hospitals are well equipped and modern like what they have in his home country UK.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by solomon111(m): 3:22pm On Sep 17, 2013
Someone should give me ONE GOOD REASON why i should care about what a brit thinks of Nigeria.
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by Godogwu: 3:24pm On Sep 17, 2013
aiks-n-effects:
AND BRITAIN IS A COUNTRY OF PAEDOPHILES, CHILD RAPISTS, SODOMITES AND CORRUPT GLOBAL ELITES. I LIVE IN LONDON AS A BRITISH NATIONAL OF NIGERIAN ORIGIN, I CAN PROUDLY SAY I LOVE NIGERIA AND THE FAMILY AND GOOD MORAL STANDARD I WAS RAISED UP IN MY HOME VILLAGE CAN NEVER BE FOUND IN ANY BRITISH SOCIETY.

THE CRIME KIDNAPPERS AND CORRUPT POLITICIANS COMMIT CAN NEVER TO BE COMPARED TO SECRET EVIL OF THE BRITISH ROYAL FAMILY AND THEIR GOVERNMENT.
WE DONT CELEBRAT HOMOSEXUAL IN NIGERIA but the british do

WE DONT INVADE OTHER COUNTRY AND TOPPLE THE LEADERS WE DONT LIKE AND KILL WOMEN AND CHILDREN LIKE THEY DO IN IRAQ, LYBJA, AFGHANISTAN, PAKISTAN ETC.

WE DONT HAVE OPENLY HOMOSEXUAL POLITICIANS IN NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT.

LOL, you couldn't even read the article.....sigh
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by IAMBREEZY: 3:28pm On Sep 17, 2013
-Mr Cork-:
...1000,00,0000% true..u cant find me in that place (no oofeinse) angry
coward who want u here before.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by ooshinibos: 3:34pm On Sep 17, 2013
it always amaze me that oyibo has never seen the good side of Nigeria , e.g our food , music , lanscape and the nice houses in port harcout ,lagos ....... they oyibo have never published the anti social behaviour is UK e.g to mention a few racism ,knife and gun thuggery , vandalism of the trains station , hatred , racial abuse , teenage pregnancy and peadophila etc, could you imagine all these risk were listed at the british embassy ..people will think twice to come to britain ,,every country has it downside ..oyibo are just good at managing problems while we are not , ---somebody challenge me now , if am not telling the truth

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by BEMAN: 3:43pm On Sep 17, 2013
Please read through before making your comments the subject is completely different from the body of text
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by solomon111(m): 3:43pm On Sep 17, 2013
I love GH: Why am I here sef? This matter be family matter. Oya, runs away and not turning back cheesy
I am sure you were disappointed at the positivity in the report,my ghanian friend.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by solomon111(m): 3:45pm On Sep 17, 2013
ooshinibos: it always amaze me that oyibo has never seen the good side of Nigeria , e.g our food , music , lanscape and the nice houses in port harcout ,lagos ....... they oyibo have never published the anti social behaviour is UK e.g to mention a few racism ,knife and gun thuggery , vandalism of the trains station , hatred , racial abuse , teenage pregnancy and peadophila etc, could you imagine all these risk were listed at the british embassy ..people will think twice to come to britain ,,every country has it downside ..oyibo are just good at managing problems while we are not , ---somebody challenge me now , if am not telling the truth
It's not only Nigeria.
Africa has been a victim of bad western propaganda.
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 17, 2013
Do pple read before commenting these days?.I Smh 4 some pple sha.
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by samento: 3:51pm On Sep 17, 2013
I love the caption. It is a piece of positive content with negative heading just to capture the reader's imaginations. Good write up.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by AK481(m): 4:00pm On Sep 17, 2013
what kind of topic is this?? angry angry angry angry angry(i dey vex)
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by LajaLaba: 4:10pm On Sep 17, 2013
Anti-Serious:
ahh.......his wife would have enough time with other men dats why she sent him away grin grin
lol tongue
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 17, 2013
I was hoping to read more of the article..in subsequent posts...was it abridged?

#GoodOne.
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by rill: 4:33pm On Sep 17, 2013
Chai, see finishing
Dis one pass fatality!
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by pheyikemi: 4:37pm On Sep 17, 2013
tawa89: just like this poster above me, 90% of the people that commented on this thread didn't read it. Why is it so difficult for Nigerian youths to read? Nawa oo. Oga go back and read the thread again..... The title is slightly 'paradoxical' to ignite your curiosity and get your attention.
@OP vintage Asaba and Onitsha.......they are the future!
Do they have to read it . Even though d thread's title doesn't go along wiv d Briton's story, let him spend up to a year, I'm sure his story won't be d same. He wrote wot he experienced during his brief visit. I believe evry Nigerian (even kids) knws that the topic is true and u knw ds, except if u r deceiving urself. Most of our politicians are corrupt and they tarnish d country's image. Also, there is kidnapping in d country and it is more rampant in some parts of d country. By d way, I dnt undastnd why u had to quote me
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by MCKULQ(m): 4:48pm On Sep 17, 2013
God bless you and God bless Nigeria.

Thanks for seen the good part of Nigeria i hopefully believe in the saying that says seen is believing.
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by Mustay(m): 5:29pm On Sep 17, 2013
In Nigeria, people are even analysts via various headlines they've read in the past!!!
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 17, 2013
samento: I love the caption. It is a piece of positive content with negative heading just to capture the reader's imaginations. Good write up.

Interesting read, really. I was expecting more of it. Couldn't believe it ended that way..#JustLikeThat!!! cheesy
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by fedimol: 5:35pm On Sep 17, 2013
Nice, this is the first article he has written that I like. He usually annoys me with his editorials on goal.com
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by Mustay(m): 5:43pm On Sep 17, 2013
The viewing centre was created by the governor of Delta State, Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan. He is an Arsenal
supporter. I met him once while playing tennis. For some reason he didn’t seem very impressed by my love of
Leicester City. I simply don’t understand why
Nigerians like good things - the big teams are the Arsenal etc. We pretty much like success. Wjilst I can understand why he supports Leicester, since that's his home town, a typical Lagosian would've supported NPA/Julius Berger some years ago no matter their status in the league.

The comedian who anchored the programme took quite a shine to me…..

“Ahhh give it up for the white man, where are you from”?

This was followed by ten minutes of him royally taking the **** out of me. I understood about one word in ten, but by the reaction of everyone else, it was obviously very amusing. So much for being inconspicuous.

Lol cheesy Dem dey use you do mugu experiment.

The quote by the comedian made me remember Keshi's "white dude" to the MAlawian coach and he insists it's no racism!

Anxious to appear as inconspicuous as possible I tried to sneak past, not drawing too much attention to myself, convinced I was about to be arrested. However quite the opposite. We were greeted with cheers of “Good morning sir, well done, how far?”.
This is the main point for me here! The complex thingy!!! Nigerians can be so good to foreigners and you wonder why we're hostile to ourselves. This happens daily - we want to impress any foreigner to the detriment of our people. Very annoying. It's full of deception!!!
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by Omotolaaraujo(f): 6:10pm On Sep 17, 2013
He should have gone to Lagos to see the city life.
Re: "Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward by creativino: 6:15pm On Sep 17, 2013
the Oyibo man should make sure he change his people perception about Nigerians by voicing it out on BBC!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Heart Bleeds As I Saw This Picture (pics) / BREAKING NEWS!! Godwin Obaseki Booed In Atlanta / Mafia Groups Frustrating Anti-corruption War –ICPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.