Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Yar’adua Declares War On Militants - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar’adua Declares War On Militants (8726 Views)

Pipeline Bombings: Soldiers Declare War On Militants, Comb Creeks / Gov Ganduje Declares War On Kwankwaso / Adesola Amosu Declares War On South-south Militants,Orders Air Bombing Of Creeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by SENATORJD(m): 10:46am On Jun 25, 2008
something should be done Dranoel but not what the militants are doing, what would they eventually gain after destroying all infrastructures? we as a nation would be the ones to suffer for it.
most of them(militants) have never and would never leave the shores of this country, if eventually a crises that cannot be handled breaks out, where do they run to?the high and mightiesss of the society can easily arrange and leave the country, what happens to them? stay back here and rot.with no food to eat,good water,security,light and what have you
violence would never be the answer even if, note even if their cause is just( which at this point i doubt)
Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by otokx(m): 11:05am On Jun 25, 2008
Was is not the same guy that declared war on NEPA abi PHCN? When he is tired body go tell am.
Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by skyone(m): 11:17am On Jun 25, 2008
It's true that Nigeria is suffering from many disorderly activities i[i].e corruption [/i] but the fact remains that it is

imperative of a government to apprehend any unduly actions posed by any so called militant group otherwise gongo-aso and that can lead to regional war; hence more loss of life, damage of properties, starvation name it.

Let's give him sometime and lets keep praying that things to get better.
Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by otokx(m): 11:30am On Jun 25, 2008
He better embark on a massive infrastructural development instead of playing politics. The east west road is in a bad state of repair; they have been dualizing it for the past 15 years yet they have not gone up to a quarter of the length infact they are confused. These people have been commissioning imaginary projects, insulting the people and stealing all the money.
Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by Beline(f): 11:32am On Jun 25, 2008
An Irish poet once wrote THOSE THAT I GUARD I DO LOVE AND THOSE THAT I FIGHT I DO NOT HATE, I really pity those soldiers who are going to die on this course and the poor citizens.  How I wish the president and his cabinet Will be the one to face the militant
Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by denony(m): 11:54am On Jun 25, 2008
THERE IS ONE QUESTION I WOULD LIKE TO ASK:

1. IF THERE IS NO MORE OIL PIPELINE WILL CORRUPTION STOP IN NIGERIA?

2. APART FROM OIL CAN OUR LEADERS GET STICK TO ANOTHER DEVELOPMENT (SOURCE OF INCOME)?

IF YES THE MILITANTS SHOULD GO AHEAD LET'S STOP THIS RUBISH HAPPININGS IN THIS BLESSED COUNTRY WITH SELFISH LEADERS AND INDIVIDUALS DWELLING ON IT, WHO THINK THEIR LIVES LIES ON THE COUNTRY RESOURCES.

WHAT HAVE WE BENEFITED AS CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY FROM THIS OIL MONEY?
WHAT DEVELOPMENT HAVE WE ENJOYED FROMTHE MONEY?
WHERE IS ALL THE MONEY GOTTEN FROM THIS OIL?

HOW MANY HOUR DO YOU ENJOY POWER SUPPLY: TWO HOURS, TEN MINUTES IN TWO DAYS?, ONE HOUR IN ONE WEEK, HOW OFTEN HAVE YOU ENJOYED IT.

TALK ABOUT PUMP WATER, IN YOUR AREA HOW HAVE YOU BEEN COPING WITH WATER?
WHAT ABOUT GOOD ROAD?
WHAT ABOUT GOOD AND FREE EDUCATION?
THINK ABOUT HEALTH IN THIS COUNTRY.

WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS AS CITIZEN IN AN OIL PRODUCING COUNTRY, IT'S THROUGH THIS GUYS ARE GOING BEYOND THE LINE MARK, BUT YOU CANT BLAME THEM, HAVE YOU BEEN IN SOME RURALPARTS OF THIS STATE? THE OIL MONEY IS FOR NIGERIA AND NOT FOR THE SELFISH LEADERS WHO ARE MANIPULATING IN ONE THING OR THE ORDER. HAVE YOU EVER THINK OF HOW THIS LEADERSHIP ALWAYS ROTATE FROM ONE HAND TO ANOTHER OF THE SAME PEOPLE SINCE THE INDEPENDENT DAY?

THE OIL ON NIGERIA WHICH IS A BLESSING FROM GOD HASS TURN TO BE A BUSINESS FOR ONLY OUR LEADERS.

NIGERIA NEEDS TOTAL REHABILITATION, NIGERIA NEEDS TOTAL RECONSTRUCTION, NIGERIA NEEDS TOTAL RECONCILIATION, IT'S GETING OUT OF HAND.

IT'S TIME FOR EVERYBODY TOSTAND UP AND TELL THIS PEOPLE THAT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, WE NEED GOOD ACCOUNT OF ALL THE MONEY GOTTEN FROM THIS OIL, AND WHERE THEY WERE USED.

cry I CAN'T STOP CRYING FOR MY DEAR COUNTRY

angry
Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by dayokanu(m): 12:01pm On Jun 25, 2008
He better embark on a massive infrastructural development instead of playing politics. The east west road is in a bad state of repair; they have been dualizing it for the past 15 years yet they have not gone up to a quarter of the length infact they are confused. These people have been commissioning imaginary projects, insulting the people and stealing all the money.

The East west road or whatever. Have you ever asked the govt at the state level to justify all the allocation they have been receiving from Govt since 1999. All the money given to them by oil companies How can they account for the money.

These Militants are not channeling their anger in the right direction. Ibori, Odili, Alams, Igbinedion should be held responsible.
Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by eminemkayc: 12:38pm On Jun 25, 2008
, but i feel this guys have overstrechted their limits in the course of their ''fight''.i have my reservations towards the war but definitely i don't support the militants actions
they have actually, but then for goodness sake, the country is generating bulk of its resources from this region and refuses to fund its development over the years, that has resulted to militancy and now we want to wrestle our military might with them, i dont support those folks, however, but i think its high time the nigerian government look else where in generating revenue for this country other than oil because, i dont see any solution to this problem even in the near future cos these boys are used to this shit, infact, IF I WASNT EMPLOYED, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN MY NEXT OPTION, BUT GUESS WHAT, MINE WOULD BE DIRECTED TOWARD THE PHCN OFFICIALS , grin grin
Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by tulk2mi: 12:40pm On Jun 25, 2008
hmmmmm tori 4 town anoda temporary measure to solve a permanent problem. d all time nigerian solution.just thinking did the bombing of odi stop the aggitation for resources control? no. Instead it gave rise to militancy and cultism. Yaradua declares war on militant sad oh d state will win d war but the victory will be costly. lipsrsealed
Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by Radiant(f): 12:57pm On Jun 25, 2008
We even forgot to mention where these militants get their arms from.
Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by jintujinta(m): 1:13pm On Jun 25, 2008
Attack is the best form of defence. This declaration of Yar adua ought to have come in the days of Obasanjo. Because the militants were not checked, they have graduated into kidnapping and all sorts of crimes to extort money and even torment innocent children. The earlier they are met with greater force, the better for Nigeria.

The truth is that you may have a good cause, but the way you pursue the cause may make a nonsense of your struggle. I believe that the militants have gone too far. If need be, let them be treated like the Odi community. There is a need to restore sanity in that region and only force could do that now. I only pray that the Nigerian soldiers be really ready for the task and do not under estimate the adversary. The operation should also be short and direct to the enemy camp so that not many civilians and innocent citizens will be affected.

The truth is that the militants' mouth has become too big, so even if you resolve the deprivation problem in the region they will become jobless and hungry. They can only thrive in chaos and turbulent situations where they will have opportunity to steal and extort money. They dont have the interest of the masses at heart.

Fight them to their last man and get rid of them!
Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by youngies(m): 1:44pm On Jun 25, 2008
jintujinta:

Attack is the best form of defence. This declaration of Yar adua ought to have come in the days of Obasanjo. Because the militants were not checked, they have graduated into kidnapping and all sorts of crimes to extort money and even torment innocent children. The earlier they are met with greater force, the better for Nigeria.

Your history is failing you. The Nigerian State has since the discovery of oil in the ND declared war on that zone. What other form of attack could be worse than state induced poverty, environmental degradation, criminal neglect of the zone, hanging and killing of the spokes persons of the zone? Your regret that OBJ did not move in tanks and troopers is standing truth on its head. He did that in Odi and Okirika (using proxies). So, your wish that Yaruda should move in the gun boats into the ND is coming a little bit late. He will utterly fail where others before him failed.

The truth is that you may have a good cause, but the way you pursue the cause may make a nonsense of your struggle. I believe that the militants have gone too far. If need be, let them be treated like the Odi community. There is a need to restore sanity in that region and only force could do that now. I only pray that the Nigerian soldiers be really ready for the task and do not under estimate the adversary. The operation should also be short and direct to the enemy camp so that not many civilians and innocent citizens will be affected.

Dude you have no clue of what the truth is/are. You wish of total annihilation of fellow Nigerians because their struggle did not conform to your perceived standards tell much of your extreme intellectual masturbation. Still in your drudgery, you don't even have confidence that you soldiers will do a good job in the exterminating venture. You are simply pathetic!

The truth is that the militants' mouth has become too big, so even if you resolve the deprivation problem in the region they will become jobless and hungry. They can only thrive in chaos and turbulent situations where they will have opportunity to steal and extort money. They don't have the interest of the masses at heart.
Maybe you have not been listening to the news. If you have time, please go and watch/listen to the Rivers State Truth and Reconciliation Commission. It will give you the clue you so much deserve of how this monster was created, who created them and when it was created, then you will know who your real culprits are. Will your Yardua have the stomach to go after them? No, I don't think so, he will prefer to continue deluding himself

Fight them to their last man and get rid of them!
That was the choice catch phrase of Bush and Blair, but we have all seen that it is easier said than done.
Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by landis(m): 1:50pm On Jun 25, 2008
Yaradua is a joke.

let him go play squash with MEND.

If Yaradua wins: MEND will stop the WAR

if MEND wins: yara-ill can go back to his Kattsina

grin cheesy grin
Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by springtime(m): 2:10pm On Jun 25, 2008
The niger delta struggle has made a point , i hope they have not pushed their luck too far by allowing criminality to creep into their struggle. I do not blame the president, do we expect him to sit down fold his hands and watch while the Niger delta region decline into anarchy. In the history of the modern world, sustained violence and militancy have always achieved little and have always been counter product rather, diplomacy and non violent struggle have always been a better alternative. The recent expulsion of shell from Ogoni land is a proof of this. I hope the Niger delta militants will not learn this the bloody way. In arms, they are not strong enough to face the Nigerian Armed forces.
Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by springtime(m): 2:17pm On Jun 25, 2008
The niger delta struggle has made a point , i hope they have not pushed their luck too far by allowing criminality to creep into their struggle. I do not blame the president, do we expect him to sit down fold his hands and watch while the Niger delta region decline into anarchy. In the history of the modern world, sustained violence and militancy have always achieved little and have always been counter productive rather, diplomacy and non violent struggle have always been a better alternative. The recent expulsion of shell from Ogoni land is a proof of this. I hope the Niger delta militants will not learn this the bloody way. In arms, they are not strong enough to face the Nigerian Armed forces.
Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by youngies(m): 2:19pm On Jun 25, 2008
I don't think the militants have a made a point, rather they are about making a point. If they have made a point, what was the reaction of the Nigerian State? Decit and more decit.

Don't even talk of push their luck too far. Which yeye luck? A man that is already down fears no fall. The president has so much to do rather than resort to martial song.

In sofar as the Nigerian State continue to play games with the ND issues, we are only sitting on a keg of gun powder.
Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by babakuns: 2:47pm On Jun 25, 2008
yaradua is a man of peace as i know he should be wiser more enough than his brother ;uncle segun obasanjo;he should remember ODI, yaradua should tackle this problem from local level i mean task all local council to take good care of the grass root instead of allow the affluence only to enjoy the dividend of their oil
let theinfracstructure be put up and let all and suudry enjoy it .PERIOD!
Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by Beline(f): 3:02pm On Jun 25, 2008
I just want to remind most of us that most of the crime that took place at that region is not carry out by militants nor freedom fighters but pure criminals which on so many occasion MEND knew nothing of it. Lets not ascribe every crime to militant just because they oppose government.
Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by codedguy1(m): 3:18pm On Jun 25, 2008
I have always mentained in my opinion that if the right things are not done from the begining of a quest, then no matter how well that quest is going, it will eventually start to face problems it ought not to face in the near future.

This saying is directed at both the militants and the government of this country. There are thieves everywhere in government in this country, both at federal and state level, they are practically the same ten and ten pence.

In asmuch as i dont support violence, i think the situation in the country is one that will definitely lead to the very situation which we find ourselves today. The system we run is a very faulty one to say the least, we claim to be a democratic state but still are controlled by the federal government who shares the wealth to the states as they deem fit. In a true federal situation the states generate their income and pay a certain % to the federal Government. The states with less potent to produce anything will be substantially considered in the equation(read somewhere sometime ago that every state in Nigeria has the potential of producing sometihing in commercial value) This will make the fed Govt less attractive and all these problems would have been reduced. If this had been agreed on from the onset of democratic rule in the country all our gnut pyramids, cotton, palm oil and all other products which we were depending on would not have fissled out so fast since the discovery of oil.

The early civilian govts and the military govts we have had are the main problems here, they established a system of GET RICH BY ALL MEANS at the detriment of the people. Weve had this oil  flowing since the oil boom period, how has it translated to the other part of the economy? BIG QUESTION.

As Per Yar adua and the militants, i believe the guy is confused because if the fed govt goes in there and defeat the militants(which i quite doubt) what is the guarantee that it does not become business as usual, which is take the oil and abandon the people.
People say that Ogoni people have succeeded in getting shell out , which is good, but at what cost. Did it have to come to this, shell has been operating in Ogoni for God knows how long, what is the fate of a child who was given birth to when shell started operations there, the child would either have had a decent life growing up if things have been done correctly (by govt and oil coy) from the onset but now that child is probably a militant as we speak.

We are in a serious situation here and i dont think declaring war will solve anything, THE REAL ISSUES ARE THAT THERE ARE THIEVES EVERYWHERE WETHER FEDERAL OR STATE READY TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF WHATEVER THE SITUATION IS/WILL BE AND THE MILITANTS KNOW THIS. They feel its better they destroy everyhing so that nobody can cash in on it than to allow them come take the oil and neglect them, which again is not a good option.

can we ever be sincere and Honest in this country?

Which way Nigeria?
Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by Echidime(m): 3:30pm On Jun 25, 2008
IS NO NEWS,all Nigerians Head of state has declear war on the Niger Delta,not just yara dua,OBJ,ABACHA,IBB all did it,go backto history and you will know that is an old news
Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by ojimboIV: 3:42pm On Jun 25, 2008
countercultures, movements and rebellion spring up as a result of perceived injustices to a people. what YA has not yet owned up is the fact that the situation in the ND is not a problem that developed overnight. the ND people have been marginalised for many decades. YA should know that to solve this problem requires finding a middle ground where all parties involved voice out their concerns. if he demonizes the movement he is only digging himself deep into the puddle. no army in the world has ever successfully defeated a guerrilla army. the best case scenario is that an agreement is reached in which the rebel group becomes the de facto security outfit. YA should know this and also realise the civil cost of an all-out military action, not only in terms of lives but reprisal attacks that could end up grounding the nation's economy to a halt.
Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by Okejazz(m): 4:11pm On Jun 25, 2008
F#ck that!!!

Nigeria has problems no doubt, however being the President, leadership ought to come from Yaradua and not from the dictates of thieves gone wild in Niger Delta. This is a case of our country losing millions of dollars from these crooks who have refused to get a descent job ---kidnapping expats, blowing up pipelines, raping women, killing fishermen, wrecking havoc in communities, when is it going to stop? I mean who rules the country?

Freedom fighters don't do crap like this and I suppose amongst the bad eggs, there might be some of them with actual good intentions-----but the vices underscores the virtues and no matter how you cut it ---order need to be in place there.  What those guys are doing isn't uplifting to the region nor the country at large.

And by propounding that Yaradua have a round table discussion with the militants is akin to pacifying armed robbers with resources when you're locked and loaded with a whole army with you. We cannot continue to send our boys to neighbouring countries when we have this quasi- hostage situation in the country.

Needless to say that some folks only listen when they lay dead on the floor.

GUN TALK!!
Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by tnthommie(m): 4:24pm On Jun 25, 2008
i think this is another blog by our talk-more-and-do-less president.Lets watch and see
Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by joecooper(m): 4:37pm On Jun 25, 2008
declaring war is not the solution,
you cant use fire to quench fire
Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by tng(f): 4:46pm On Jun 25, 2008
they have actually, but then for goodness sake, the country is generating bulk of its resources from this region and refuses to fund its development

refuses to fund? common! pray tell what were ompadec,nddc set up for? as much as I sympathise with their predicament, their leaders shoulsd shoulder some responsibility as well.
Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by youngies(m): 4:52pm On Jun 25, 2008
Okejazz:

F#ck that!!!

Nigeria has problems no doubt, however being the President, leadership ought to come from Yaradua and not from the dictates of thieves gone wild in Niger Delta. This is a case of our country losing millions of dollars from these crooks who have refused to get a descent job ---kidnapping expats, blowing up pipelines, raping women, killing fishermen, wrecking havoc in communities, when is it going to stop? I mean who rules the country?
There is no confusion of who rules the country, Yaradua to be exact. But who leads the country? Is Yaradua showing leadership? I'm sorry you are going to worry more if your only concern is that the country is losing millions of dollars. Soon there will be nothing to lose, because those "crooks" will be making it very difficult for the Nigerian State to continue stealing their oil.

Freedom fighters don't do crap like this and I suppose amongst the bad eggs, there might be some of them with actual good intentions-----but the vices underscores the virtues and no matter how you cut it ---order need to be in place there.  What those guys are doing isn't uplifting to the region nor the country at large.
What is the definition of a Freedom fighter? Where is the UN Freedom Fighting Chatter? Dude if you don't have anything meaningful to say, why not continue sipping your coffee than ridicule yourself in a public forum

And by propounding that Yaradua have a round table discussion with the militants is akin to pacifying armed robbers with resources when you're locked and loaded with a whole army with you. We cannot continue to send our boys to neighbouring countries when we have this quasi- hostage situation in the country.
Yaradua should roll in the tanks and the troopers and get them crushed? You are a neophite in conflict resolution and management.

GUN TALK!!
You can only say this because you have managed to smuggle yourself into another man's country.[quote][/quote]
Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by codedguy1(m): 5:04pm On Jun 25, 2008
Okejazz:

F#ck that!!!

Nigeria has problems no doubt, however being the President, leadership ought to come from Yaradua and not from the dictates of thieves gone wild in Niger Delta. This is a case of our country losing millions of dollars from these crooks who have refused to get a descent job ---kidnapping expats, blowing up pipelines, raping women, killing fishermen, wrecking havoc in communities, when is it going to stop? I mean who rules the country?[/b]Freedom fighters don't do crap like this and I suppose amongst the bad eggs, there might be some of them with actual good intentions-----but the vices underscores the virtues and no matter how you cut it ---[b]order need to be in place there.  What those guys are doing isn't uplifting to the region nor the country at large.

GUN TALK!!

1. There are thieves everywhere, both as militants and as govt officials. which job?

2. Greedy,selfish, visionless people rule this country.

3. Which type of order, the type that takes the resources of the ND leave the people and place dejected and rejected.

4. He should send the whole nigerian Army to the ND, That would solve the problem one time!!!!

5. The gun talk has already started.
Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by jintujinta(m): 5:04pm On Jun 25, 2008
youngies:

There is no confusion of who rules the country, Yaradua to be exact. But who leads the country? Is Yaradua showing leadership? I'm sorry you are going to worry more if your only concern is that the country is losing millions of dollars. Soon there will be nothing to lose, because those "crooks" will be making it very difficult for the Nigerian State to continue stealing their oil.
What is the definition of a Freedom fighter? Where is the UN Freedom Fighting Chatter? Dude if you don't have anything meaningful to say, why not continue sipping your coffee than ridicule yourself in a public forum
Yaradua should roll in the tanks and the troopers and get them crushed? You are a neophite in conflict resolution and management.
You can only say this because you have managed to smuggle yourself into another man's country.

Then they will be busy stealing their own oil? We know that has been their problem now. That is why they don't want any amicable settlement. They don't want to pursue the way of peace. Has peace ever failed to resolve anything in life? Or you think what peace can not resolve it is violence that will resolve it? They only make matters worse with their wanton destruction, two wrongs don't make a right.
Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by Instunla(m): 5:06pm On Jun 25, 2008
Well hope this ends well o.
Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by Beline(f): 5:10pm On Jun 25, 2008
Instunla:

Well hope this ends well o.

Nothing will end well. if they are to fight the criminals that are scattered all over the region they will succeed but for the militants more blood will flow.
Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by alexleo(m): 5:56pm On Jun 25, 2008
I do not see any need why people should abuse Yaradua for his actions. Mind you he is the president of this country and deserve to be honoured at least for the sake of that office. Niger delta millitants have pushed this country to the wall and this is the way the deserve to be treated so i see nothing wrong in what Yaradua did. By the way who says a amn will not reap what he sowed? Of course we wont forget in a hurry how the Niger people betrayed their brothers, the igbos during the work and took our hard earned properties in the name of "abandoned property". They are reaping the fruits they sowed. The north deceived them intop supporting them but today have realised rather late that the north has cheated them all this while. And igbos are still better off. All those properties they took from us illegally, today we have bought them back from them thats why it seems Ph is filled with igbos. They only have to appologise to us. Gowon has done his own on behalf of the north. Thats the only way they will prosper.
Re: Yar’adua Declares War On Militants by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 25, 2008
Let everyone go away from other people's lands. Leave Niger-Delta region only for the inhabitants. They will determine and invite who and which companies to mine their resources. Nigerian Governments;state and Federal cannot do anything good for people of those regions. Use what God has given you to build your places, people. So yaradua wants Azazi to wipe his own people?? Crazy presido.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Breaking News: Supreme Court Sacks Kebbi Gov, Orders Fresh Election / Twenty Die In Abia Scooping Fuel From Fallen Tanker / Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.