Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,906 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query (13576 Views)

An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi / Keshi Draws Vs Kano Pillars / Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by saintandsinnerz: 9:23am On Sep 19, 2013
Lilimax: Is this a racist remark except for using the word CRAZY

If you say the highlighted words are not racist then you are completely ignorant of what can be termed racist! "He is not from African, he should go back to Belgium, he is a White dude" and you say all these are not racist comments. How will you take it if for example you work in a company in Belgium and a white Belgian lady in your office tells you to go home, that you are not an European and that you are a black lady? If you answer this honestly then you will know that Keshi's comment can be considered racist. Fine he may not have intended to be racist but his comments were!

5 Likes

Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by ayusco85(m): 9:24am On Sep 19, 2013
If U call this racism then wat do u call the scenario where A̶̲̥̅ black player is been thrown banana??
* i want the malawi coach and FIFA to answer this question
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by Reski2500(m): 9:25am On Sep 19, 2013
I just hope there wont be any punishment for keshi, till the END we really need him at these TIMES when THINGS are lookin up for super eagles

1 Like

Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by collynzo2(m): 9:25am On Sep 19, 2013
Whether they find him guilty or not, FIFA does not take racism seriously anyway so I am not worried! FiFA had fined FAs peanuts in the past for fans racism. Bendtner got a bigger fine for pulling his shorts down and displaying an advert on his boxers than a whole FA got for racism, more than double their fine.
So, be not afraid Nigerians, the worst Keshi can get is a fine!
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 19, 2013
saintandsinnerz:

If you say the highlighted words are not racist then you are completely ignorant of what can be termed racist! "He is not from African, he should go back to Belgium, he is a White dude" and you say all these are not racist comments. How will you take it if for example you work in a company in Belgium and a white Belgian lady in your office tells you to go home, that you are not an European and that you are a black lady? If you answer this honestly then you will know that Keshi's comment can be considered racist. Fine he may not have intended to be racist but his comments were!
You are right grin
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by benlay(m): 9:33am On Sep 19, 2013
When you say he is a white dude and that he is not African, that's racism and discrimination based on national origin and color.
We should expect FIFA's sanctions! Keshi is too egoistic, we all know that. He just dented his own image. So pathetic, he better apologise so that the sanctions might be less. The NFF board must be 'high' to defend him.

1 Like

Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by naptu2: 9:35am On Sep 19, 2013
Saintfiet - "Nigeria would like to play in Calabar because it is close to Cameroon in the south-east of Nigeria - not so easy to reach with the only connection via Lagos and Abuja but with no international flights," he said.

"There are not so many hotels available so it will be very difficult to get there. I have one question also about security because the UK's Foreign & Commonwealth Office says it is a no-travel area.

"Fifa they may have to think of shifting the match either to Abuja or to another place outside Nigeria because Calabar is obviously not the capital and it is not a big city. The accommodation is not good for such a big game.

"But I think it is also a plan by Nigeria. They try to disturb their opponents on and off the pitch. So in all the ways we must be prepared as top professionals to try to find solutions and make good plans."

Keshi - “I think the coach of Malawi is crazy. If he wants to talk to FIFA, he should go back to Belgium. He is not an African person, he is a white dude, he should go back to Belgium."

BBC - Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi "does not see anything bad" about his recent comments towards Malawi counterpart Tom Saintfiet. "I only gave a strong reaction that it was wrong to insult the same country that Saintfiet was ready to work in. I really don't see anything bad about defending my country," Keshi told BBC Sport.

Fifa - ?

2 Likes

Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by Nuzo1(m): 9:37am On Sep 19, 2013
Keshi is an arrogant racist! angry

I don't mind if we get to loose a quality coach. Dude should be punished squaarely!

2 Likes

Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 19, 2013
benlay: When you say he is a white dude and that he is not African, that's racism and discrimination based on national origin and color.
We should expect FIFA's sanctions! Keshi is too egoistic, we all know that. He just dented his own image. So pathetic, he better apologise so that the sanctions might be less. The NFF board must be 'high' to defend him.
Oh, you are right grin
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 19, 2013
Nuzo':
Keshi is an arrogant racist! angry

I don't mind if we get to loose a quality coach. Dude should be punished squaarely!
Hmmm you are right grin
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by lexyman(m): 9:43am On Sep 19, 2013
#pidgin# If to say oga Keshi use pidgin for that interview with bbc , all dis kasala of racism for no dey , them for look for interpreter .

That racist remark was"nt intentional .

Keshi Oya apologies to Uncle Tom , u done win am already. Go and sin no more...

I don"t think u will escape some match ban (duration unknown) and fine by FIFA .

1 Like

Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by zaza1(m): 9:43am On Sep 19, 2013
The problem with Nigeria is education..Nigerians make so many statements and they don't even know they are racist,homophobic or downright tactless..Keshi most likely didn't even know the magnitude of the racism in his comments..a good education does not only teach you good english but you also learn tact.Many of us are socially irresponsible with the statements we make and when you add Keshi's arrogance to the pot..this is what you get!!Hope he is more careful in future.

On CNN sports they were interviewing the chairman of one African FA(can't remember her name now)..she was being interviewed cause she is the only female chairman of an FA in the world and she was sooooo articulate..Long and short she was asked whether Keshi was a racist and she tried defending him and said no but his comments were TACTLESS..#education

8 Likes

Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by francdec4(m): 9:52am On Sep 19, 2013
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by Visocrate(m): 9:58am On Sep 19, 2013
abeg jor where peter dey bring me my bb charger my bb don dey blink red charging his bb now while fifa continue with their query cool
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by naptu2: 10:00am On Sep 19, 2013
Keshi made two errors in that interview.

1) Saintfiet had applied for the post of technical director at the NFF (which would have made him Keshi's boss) and there were also rumours that he would take over Keshi's job. The Eagles' performance at the Nations Cup put an end to that.

Then Saintfiet said that Calabar's not safe and Keshi felt that it was an insult that someone who was prepared to work here, suddenly feels that Calabar is not safe. However, there's a difference between

"How can he say that Calabar is not safe when he was prepared to work here"

And

"If he feels that Africa is not safe, then he should go back to his country"

And

“I think the coach of Malawi is crazy. If he wants to talk to FIFA, he should go back to Belgium. He is not an African person, he is a white dude, he should go back to Belgium."

The first statement is forgivable, but the other two are patently WRONG.

2) Coaches usually teach their players that they should not respond to provocation, whether real or imagined, because it could cost them (red card, etc). Just focus on your job. How can Keshi teach the players that they should not respond to provocation, when he is doing the same thing? A simple "I would rather focus on my team and our preparations" would have sufficed. It's the NFF's job to respond to the complaint, while Keshi's job is to prepare the players and pick the team. His response was unprofessional and I hope he learns from it.

2 Likes

Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 19, 2013
lexyman: #pidgin# If to say oga Keshi use pidgin for that interview with bbc , all dis kasala of racism for no dey , them for look for interpreter .

That racist remark was"nt intentional .

Keshi Oya apologies to Uncle Tom , u done win am already. Go and sin no more...

I don"t think u will escape some match ban (duration unknown) and fine by FIFA .
You are very very RIGHT! grin grin grin
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 19, 2013
zaza1: The problem with Nigeria is education..Nigerians make so many statements and they don't even know they are racist,homophobic or downright tactless..Keshi most likely didn't even know the magnitude of the racism in his comments..a good education does not only teach you good english but you also learn tact.Many of us are socially irresponsible with the statements we make and when you add Keshi's arrogance to the pot..this is what you get!!Hope he is more careful in future.

On CNN sports they were interviewing the chairman of one African FA(can't remember her name now)..she was being interviewed cause she is the only female chairman of an FA in the world and she was sooooo articulate..Long and short she was asked whether Keshi was a racist and she tried defending him and said no but his comments were TACTLESS..#education
My brother,You Are Right grin
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by telexfree1: 10:02am On Sep 19, 2013
colombiana: Mtcheeew!!!!! Kip geting problems with every body keshi ur ego go soon write u check wen ur body nor fit ever ever cash

Stupid.
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 19, 2013
francdec4: That was still unnecessary since when did it become a crime for a "white dude" to have the freedom to coach a team in the African continent. If the table is turn the other way, and the comment "a black dude go back to Africa" is per chance used in Europe or America, dusts will be raised and it will make headlines as racism.

Hey! You are right grin
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by vislabraye(m): 10:02am On Sep 19, 2013
Keshi better say something constructive. He should learn to use his head more.

1 Like

Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by chreldb(m): 10:24am On Sep 19, 2013
Keshi's comments were not only racist but they were also politically incorrect.

1 Like

Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by meforyou1(m): 10:30am On Sep 19, 2013
A judge in US has rule that a comment made to a "white" person cannot consider to be racist. atmost it will be an insult.

and what about the malawaian coach that went about saying calabar is not safe based on a british website? when spain and brazil will gladly go to calabar and play super agles.

the malawian dude insulted nigeria big time and keshi replied him. 1-1
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by Onyenna(m): 10:34am On Sep 19, 2013
D-Engineer:

Whats the criteria for a thread making FP anyway, just curious. undecided

Helep mi ask Seun oooh.....abi nah Mukina sef.......
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by Kizuba: 10:35am On Sep 19, 2013
I cant believe some people dont see the racism in keshi's statement Jesss !!!!
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by naptu2: 10:42am On Sep 19, 2013
me_for_you: A judge in US has rule that a comment made to a "white" person cannot consider to be racist. atmost it will be an insult.

and what about the malawaian coach that went about saying calabar is not safe based on a british website? when spain and brazil will gladly go to calabar and play super agles.

the malawian dude insulted nigeria big time and keshi replied him. 1-1

So you mean that it's Keshi's job to insult the opponent's coach?

1 Like

Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by papi365: 11:11am On Sep 19, 2013
Lilimax: I did not see any 'Racist' remark on the comment above undecided.
Let's wait and see the outcome sad.
D PROBLEM WITH WE HUMANS,IS DAT WE DESCRIMINATE LITTLE DID WE KNOW DAT WE RE OF ONE BLOOD.,ONE FLESH Y MUST KESHI SAYS WHITE DUDE?
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by adahib: 11:18am On Sep 19, 2013
Jayeris: "He is not an African person, he is a white dude, he should go back to Belgium.”

We should not even argue about this, they are racist remarks. Imagine if it were a Nigerian on the receiving end. It would go llike this:

"He is not a European person, he is a black dude, he should go back to Nigeria"

My thoughts exactly. For all those defending keshi, kindly take a look at the reverse scenario painted above and tell me if it's racist or not. Keshi must learn to speak and act like the leader he is.
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 19, 2013
Lilimax: I did not see any 'Racist' remark on the comment above undecided.
Let's wait and see the outcome sad.
I can't believe this. Do u really means u did not see any Racial remark here? Then I suggest Kelshi will be a good Husband to u.
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by Artlove(m): 12:03pm On Sep 19, 2013
dannysteve99@ya:
I can't believe this. Do u really means u did not see any Racial remark here? Then I suggest Kelshi will be a good Husband to u.
Hahahahah.. Nigeria eeh!
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by bibiking7(m): 12:09pm On Sep 19, 2013
god_of_music: You are right grin
god_of_music: Oh, you are right grin
god_of_music: Hmmm you are right grin
god_of_music: You are very very RIGHT! grin grin grin
god_of_music: My brother,You Are Right grin
god_of_music: Hey! You are right grin
god_of_music: You are right grin

you are very correct. grin
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 19, 2013
In the phone interview aired on UK-based African television show, Keshi was quoted to have said, “I think the coach of Malawi is crazy. If he wants to talk to FIFA, he should go back to Belgium. He is not an African person, he is a white dude, he should go back to Belgium.”

Hmmmmmm, if the above quoted words doesn't sound racist to most commentators in here, nff and nigerians at large then we are all doomed!

These comments are racist in nature and fifa will surely sanction our national team coach but the magnitude of the sanction is yet to be decided.

Keshi's choice of words as a response to d malawian coach allegations abt the security situation in calabar was purely out of point and sadly that's hw most of us that are nigerians respond to issues- we don't address the issue but rather we attack the personality of the person while we completely digress from d issue in question.

Hw does calling on d malawian coach a white dude that is not an african and should go back to belgium answer the security allegation made by the mawian coach? That response was totally brainless.

Let's be rational and objective here, supporting a wrong and negative remarks of mr keshi does not in anyway come close to been patriotic- dats a collective and deliberate stupidit-y.

We should all know how to stick to issues and not to weep up sentiments- dis one has backfired.

I pray and hope that the penalty wldnt be so detrimental to our victory and eventual participation of the world cup proper come nxt year!

Reppn team Objectivity all d way.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Senegal: AFCON Int'l Friendly Sunday, 16th June, / Top Ten Footballers With The Most Expensive Cars / Flying Eagles Lose, Falconets Win As Football Begins At The All Africa Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.