Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query (13581 Views)

An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi / Keshi Draws Vs Kano Pillars / Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by lexyman(m): 12:52pm On Sep 19, 2013
byrron: In the phone interview aired on UK-based African television show, Keshi was quoted to have said, “I think the coach of Malawi is crazy. If he wants to talk to FIFA, he should go back to Belgium. He is not an African person, he is a white dude, he should go back to Belgium.”

Hmmmmmm, if the above quoted words doesn't sound racist to most commentators in here, nff and nigerians at large then we are all doomed!

These comments are racist in nature and fifa will surely sanction our national team coach but the magnitude of the sanction is yet to be decided.

Keshi's choice of words as a response to d malawian coach allegations abt the security situation in calabar was purely out of point and sadly that's hw most of us that are nigerians respond to issues- we don't address the issue but rather we attack the personality of the person while we completely digress from d issue in question.

Hw does calling on d malawian coach a white dude that is not an african and should go back to belgium answer the security allegation made by the mawian coach? That response was totally brainless.

Let's be rational and objective here, supporting a wrong and negative remarks of mr keshi does not in anyway come close to been patriotic- dats a collective and deliberate stupidit-y.

We should all know how to stick to issues and not to weep up sentiments- dis one has backfired.

I pray and hope that the penalty wldnt be so detrimental to our victory and eventual participation of the world cup proper come nxt year!

Reppn team Objectivity all d way.

Oga , if we keep quoting ourselves , @ the end of the day we will derail this thread and attack ourselves on this forum . Do you know that this ur comment is not polite enough to correct the remarks of Keshi ?

U can read through again u will realised that no one is perfect in life ...
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 19, 2013
Keshi made an unprofessional remark, there are far better ways to slang a coach or player especially when the world is trying to go past the trend of Racism against non-whites. Keshi has a mouth but it is not as cultured as his demeanor. Do you think Arsene Wenger does not have harsh words for the winning side at every post-match interview? Yet he keeps it in his guts and plays the diplomatic speech. Keshi is not an International Coach in this regard. he is an African Coach who needs to get some more maturity in his delivery of words

1 Like

Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by omar22(m): 3:08pm On Sep 19, 2013
Jayeris: "He is not an African person, he is a white dude, he should go back to Belgium.”

We should not even argue about this, they are racist remarks. Imagine if it were a Nigerian on the receiving end. It would go llike this:

"He is not a European person, he is a black dude, he should go back to Nigeria"

I could imagine if they had said the same to Keshi in Belgium, I wonder how he would feel? when someone tells him "Go back to Africa"
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by 3ace(m): 3:16pm On Sep 19, 2013
Jayeris: "He is not an African person, he is a white dude, he should go back to Belgium.”

We should not even argue about this, they are racist remarks. Imagine if it were a Nigerian on the receiving end. It would go llike this:

"He is not a European person, he is a black dude, he should go back to Nigeria"
Na lie, if to say na Nigerian be d victim, it will go like this; "He is not a European person, he is a black dude, he should go back to Nigeria and eat his bananas"
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 19, 2013
bibiking7:

you are very correct. grin
WOW you are right grin
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by felixtare(m): 4:34pm On Sep 19, 2013
colombiana: Mtcheeew!!!!! Kip geting problems with every body keshi ur ego go soon write u check wen ur body nor fit ever ever cash

no kill me wth laugh abeg
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by chalxdon(m): 5:14pm On Sep 19, 2013
psalmdave: Keshi was rong but d malawi's coach was ronger grin
And you are the rongest. grin loll
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by chalxdon(m): 5:22pm On Sep 19, 2013
ayusco85: If U call this racism then wat do u call the scenario where A̶̲̥̅ black player is been thrown banana??
* i want the malawi coach and FIFA to answer this question
You think like a kid.

1 Like

Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by chalxdon(m): 5:26pm On Sep 19, 2013
Keshi's statements are purely RACIST. I'll be surprised if he goes free. We shouldn't expect Keshi to handle our next round of qualifiers cos he'll certainly be on ban. If he's not banned, then we definitely have a biased FIFA.
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by DaWizard47: 7:04pm On Sep 19, 2013
Ok.. Malawi and The Malawi Football Federation and The "White" Belgian coach [who was banned in his home country] are still irrelevant grin

If you don't like Keshi.. kindly observe the nearest vegetation next to you..

Irrelevant thingz .. SMH..

Abegn when be Ethiopia Vs Nigeria again?
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by Ustec: 11:32pm On Sep 19, 2013
So if bolloteli tell d press dat dat white dude call me a black man...wat apen nxt,dey fine both of dem for racial comment abi....!
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by Rossikk(m): 5:22am On Sep 20, 2013
zaza1: The problem with Nigeria is education..Nigerians make so many statements and they don't even know they are racist,homophobic or downright tactless..Keshi most likely didn't even know the magnitude of the racism in his comments..a good education does not only teach you good english but you also learn tact.Many of us are socially irresponsible with the statements we make and when you add Keshi's arrogance to the pot..this is what you get!!Hope he is more careful in future.

On CNN sports they were interviewing the chairman of one African FA(can't remember her name now)..she was being interviewed cause she is the only female chairman of an FA in the world and she was sooooo articulate..Long and short she was asked whether Keshi was a racist and she tried defending him and said no but his comments were TACTLESS..#education

You're right. I saw a video once of a Naija wedding held in London. Among the numerous guests were several white folks - friends and colleagues of the Nigerian bride and groom. The mother of the groom, flown in from Nigeria, and donning glittering traditional garb, was given a mic, and she stood and made a speech - very long-winded, in which she said, ''I am proud of my son because I had told him before he left for England that he must not marry a white woman. That he must not come back home with a white woman, and today he has done me proud, by marrying a black Igbo woman!'' The embarrassed looks on some of the guests' faces was a story in itself. It simply didn't occur to her to consider the impact of her words - and sentiments - on the guests, especially the white guests, at the wedding.
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by 9icegee: 8:15am On Sep 20, 2013
[author=psalmdave]Keshi was rong but d malawi's coach was ronger chai!!! 'ENGLISHES'!!
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by 9icegee: 8:21am On Sep 20, 2013
chalxdon: And you are the rongest. grin loll
chai!! 'ENGLISHES'!! e hard some ppl o!
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by 9icegee: 8:32am On Sep 20, 2013
i'l not say keshi's comment were meant to be racist in nature. But neither wil i say he was right in saying wot he did. I know he meant 2say sometin in reply 2de malawian coach, but he only didnt know how best to conver his thoughts into words. They ended up coming out wrongly. Wot keshi shud now do is to apologiz to FIFA and every1 involved, to show he didnt mean racism one bit. I hope tht's wot his reply to FIFA is, i also hope some thinking persons in NFF wil advice him this too (tho i strongly doubt, cos we dont have thinking persons in NFF. They're all bunches of morons!) instead of attackin more or trying to defend his comments. We all knw how racism in soccer is viewed of late worldwide. Every1 is lookin 4de slightlest opportunity to impress. Keshi nor NFF SHOULDN GIVE DEM DE OPPORTUNITY
Re: Racism Allegation: Keshi Answers FIFA Query by coolebux(m): 11:49am On Sep 20, 2013
grin ;DThis post has been hidden ;DThis post has been hidden

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. / Johan Cruyff: Netherlands Great Dies Of Cancer Aged 68 / Belgium Vs Canada. FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: (1 - 0) - Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.