Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,783 members, 7,824,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. (13587 Views)

List Of Super Eagles Squad for Egypt Game / Emenike Rejects Invitation Back To The Super Eagles Squad / Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 2:43pm On Jan 15, 2010
Hi fellow football lovers, this thread is not to insult the current squad, nor to insult the coach or the NFF, it's only to show the rest of the world what you are capable of doing if ever you are made to be the coach of the super eagles for the upcoming worldcup. undecided

Let's say the NFF provided you with the fund to prepare for the worldcup with a free hand to work and pick whoever you want to play for you and the ultimatum from the NFF is for you to :

Build a winning team capable of at least drawing with Argentina, Beating South Korea and Greece. tongue tongue tongue

Reaching at least the Quarter final, semi final or even the Final. angry angry angry

Having players who understands eachother to the core, play with cohesion, beautiful football. kiss kiss kiss kiss

And Finally a team who should be able to stand the test of time, a team that can represent us till like 2012 or 2016 worldcup. kiss

Pick a 24 man squad lipsrsealed

Winning tactics, you must have a plan A and a plan B as the headcoach wink

Your play pattern must be explained. wink

We all know every Nigerian thinks he or she's a coach (150million people), so come and show your coaching skills. angry angry embarassed embarassed

NB: you need to post your formation, arrange them the way you them to play, any contributing member can ask questions from other poster about his or her tactics and formation. cool

Now, let the game begins grin grin grin
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by dani1luv: 2:54pm On Jan 15, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin
I dunno what to say
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 2:57pm On Jan 15, 2010
dani1luv:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
I dunno what to say

grin grin grin don't fall my hand, say something grin grin grin grin

Nigerians are good at insulting any under-performing coach in charge of the super eagles, so show your skills, shine man grin grin grin

Don't worry, no one is going to sack or shoot you for trying!!! cool cool
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by dani1luv: 3:03pm On Jan 15, 2010
Okay gimme few minutes grin
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 3:05pm On Jan 15, 2010
dani1luv:

Okay gimme few minutes grin

Okay coachie coachie coachie cool cool cool

coach dani1luv of the super eagles grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by dani1luv: 3:09pm On Jan 15, 2010
Im not doing this again. . .

Im not the coachito of the Super Eagles
angry tongue
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 3:16pm On Jan 15, 2010
dani1luv:

Im not doing this again. . .

Im not the coachito of the Super Eagles
angry tongue

Tai, don't chicken out bro grin grin grin

Ok, you are not the real coach, just assemble your own worldcup winning team and let's see how you fair cool
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by dani1luv: 3:23pm On Jan 15, 2010
Enough grin ., . .

Let's see urs. .Like they say Leaders lead by example
tongue
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 3:33pm On Jan 15, 2010
dani1luv:

Enough grin ., . .

Let's see urs. .Like they say Leaders lead by example
tongue

H ah ha ha, u dey fear to lead?
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by dani1luv: 3:40pm On Jan 15, 2010
Just chill. .

Give us ur tactics, and the list of ur squads first; including ur formation. et cetera
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 3:48pm On Jan 15, 2010
dani1luv:

Just chill. .

Give us your tactics, and the list of your squads first; including your formation. et cetera

Give me few minutes,
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 4:30pm On Jan 15, 2010
I am coach Eric the honeric01

here is my worldcup winning team for SA 2010

goalkeepers:

Vincent Enyeama
Oladele Aiyenugba
Austin Ejide

Defenders:

Chubuizor Okonkwo
Dele Adeleye
Onyekachi Apam
Joseph Yobo
Chidi Odiah
Ederson Echiejile
Fortune Chukwudi

Midfielders:

Rabiu Ibrahim
Mikel Obi
Ajilore
Yusuf Ayila
Taiye Taiwo
Osaze odewingie

Strikers:
Peter Utaka
Obafemi Martins
Nsofor
I.K Uche
Mike Eneramo
Obasi Obuke

A space left for one more home based player (still thinking of which one to take).

Formation should be 4:3:3

line up should be :

Enyeama

Chidi Odiah Joseph Yobo Dele Adeleye Ederson Echiejile

Osaze odewingie Mikel Obi Taiye Taiwo

Obasi Obuke I.K Uche Obafemi Martins

Option A:
Rabiu Ibrahim for Taiye taiwo
Mike Eneramo for Obasi
Nsofor for I.k Uche (martins moved to 9 pos while Nsofor occupies former martin's space)
Chukwudi for Adeleye
Okonkwo for any of the FB
Ajilore for any of the DM

With this formation, i will rely on neutral play, osazie and Taiwo moving forward while mikel stay guard, Obasi and osaze must always cover eachother same with martins and Taiwo while both FB stays at their pos.

Option B:

Will rely on wing play, change formation to 4:4:2

Enyeama

Chidi Odiah Joseph Yobo Dele Adeleye Taiye Taiwo

Mikel Obi Yusuf Ayila

Obasi Obuke Osaze odewingie

I.K Uche Obafemi Martins

Eneramo for I.k Uche (in a wing play, you need tall/strong strikers good with the head in the box)
Rabiu Ibrahim for Obasi
Nsofor/Utaka for Martins.

With this formation, i will rely on the players at the wings, osaze and obuke must always do the attacking sideways, supported by chidi and Taiwo, when they lose the ball, it's their job to fall back and while falling back, it's the job of Mikel and ayila to cover the midfield. the wingers should not fail to send crosses into the box and they should be ready to try cutting into the box when there's an opening.

I am ready to play 10-15 friendly matches with these formations just to make them familiar with eachother, get used to the tactics and also to gain more confidence/cohesion, experience and binding.

More explanation to do later.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 6:21pm On Jan 15, 2010
Oya, where una dey? all the cyber-coach, where una dey abi na only cussing una know how to do? grin grin grin
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 15, 2010
i wont pick players cos i dont know the best players we have

only a coach who sees them daily or on the field will be able to ascertain their level of fitness and how ready they are

however, the ingredients to doing well at the mundial is simple

~we need to have a coach who will eb able to instill a winning mentality and a never say die attitude (just like the early 94s set) in our boiz. Our boiz are low in spirit, they are not gingered to play well for us, and of course, they are not the best we have

~ we need to stop the favouritism thingy that will make an Amodu to even think of droppin Obasi for an injured or not ready to play Martins

~ We can recall our Siasia made use of some set of dedicated players to shine at the last olympics. we saw an olympic team that matched the argentines with the likes of messi, aguero ,mascherano and others skill for skill and streghth for strength. names dont win games.
we should demystify our big names and go for the hungry ones ably supported and coached by a coach who is hungry to bring the best out of them and also hungry to win laurels for a developing nation like Nigeria

~ very important tho is the fact that we need to start looking at our local league. if kano pillars can beat 80% of the players that walloped the so called professionals home and away in the caf champions league, then the local league might be a succor if the foreign players cannot ignite their passion to win games for Nigeria

Amodu should be sacked is ma first prescription for a better super eagles
he has nothin in his skull
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 6:45pm On Jan 15, 2010
57 empty buckets viewed the thread, only 2 responded, this is just a proof that Nigerians are arm-chair coaches and all they are good at is to insult Amodu and his choice of players. sad sad sad
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 6:48pm On Jan 15, 2010
sleek417:

i wont pick players cos i dont know the best players we have

only a coach who sees them daily or on the field will be able to ascertain their level of fitness and how ready they are

however, the ingredients to doing well at the mundial is simple

~we need to have a coach who will eb able to instill a winning mentality and a never say die attitude (just like the early 94s set) in our boiz. Our boiz are low in spirit, they are not gingered to play well for us, and of course, they are not the best we have

~ we need to stop the favouritism thingy that will make an Amodu to even think of droppin Obasi for an injured or not ready to play Martins

~ We can recall our Siasia made use of some set of dedicated players to shine at the last olympics. we saw an olympic team that matched the argentines with the likes of messi, aguero ,mascherano and others skill for skill and streghth for strength. names dont win games.
we should demystify our big names and go for the hungry ones ably supported and coached by a coach who is hungry to bring the best out of them and also hungry to win laurels for a developing nation like Nigeria

~ very important tho is the fact that we need to start looking at our local league. if kano pillars can beat 80% of the players that walloped the so called professionals home and away in the caf champions league, then the local league might be a succor if the foreign players cannot ignite their passion to win games for Nigeria

Amodu should be sacked is ma first prescription for a better super eagles
he has nothin in his skull

Like i said before, this is not an Amodu bashing thread, if you don't know anything about our players or about coaching, DO NOT INSULT THOSE DOING THE JOB. you don't even know our best players yet you insult and question the choice of the current coaches?
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 15, 2010
honeric01:

57 empty buckets viewed the thread, only 2 responded, this is just a proof that Nigerians are arm-chair coaches and all they are good at is to insult Amodu and his choice of players. sad sad sad
lol

honeric01:

Like i said before, this is not an Amodu bashing thread, if you don't know anything about our players or about coaching, DO NOT INSULT THOSE DOING THE JOB. you don't even know our best players yet you insult and question the choice of the current coaches?
u dont have a brain do you?
i dont have to know the best players to play on the field

didnt Amodu try benching obasi?
my point is, only the coach on the turf will know who and who should play for Nigeria at the mundial

who says the local players are not better than some foreign pro?

amodu is an inept vagabond

and how can i talk about mundial 2010 without mentioning amudo?
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 6:55pm On Jan 15, 2010
sleek417:

lol
u dont have a brain do you?
i dont have to know the best players to play on the field

didnt Amodu try benching obasi?
my point is, only the coach on the turf will know who and who should play for Nigeria at the mundial

who says the local players are not better than some foreign pro?

amodu is an inept vagabond

and how can i talk about mundial 2010 without mentioning amudo?

Can u read at all? the rules clearly states that this thread is to to bash the current squad or coaches, if you can't make up your own 23 man squad good enough to win the worldcup or get to the quarter final at least, why not ignore the thread and learn to stop insulting those that are already there? undecided undecided
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by 12large: 6:59pm On Jan 15, 2010
my dream team is 433 this is even better than ivory coast

enyeama

ordiah         udoh      adeleye    taiwo

mikel

lukman            ibrahim

osaze                                     obasi
                              martins

the suprises in this team is udoh, i have been following his career since 2007 and he is 250 times better than own goal yobo.
for the midfield it is too good to be true, this team is better than ivory coast anyday. anyway i predict another golden generation for super eagles as soon as amodu is sacked.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by stereotype: 7:02pm On Jan 15, 2010
@ Poster,

This is a totally useless thread.

I work in an organization and i am paid to do a job and if i can't do the job then anyone that criticizes me very well has the right to cos' i was paid to deliver.

So give us the kind of funds that was given to Amodu then we will start picking a team and giving out tactics. I was not PAID to do that, he was!
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 15, 2010
honeric01:

Can u read at all? the rules clearly states that this thread is to to bash the current squad or coaches, if you can't make up your own 23 man squad good enough to win the worldcup or get to the quarter final at least, why not ignore the thread and learn to stop insulting those that are already there? undecided undecided
what fckin rules are u stating?

then i jump out of a hopeless thread with no iota of sense

how can i pick a 23 man team when i dont know who will be injured or fit

and why on earth are u proliferating other threads with ur junk thread?
desist or i delete it maself grin

do ur analysis urself and praise sing ur amodu

sagamite will soon come and help u
hiss
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by stereotype: 7:03pm On Jan 15, 2010
AND don't confuse criticism with insults
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 7:03pm On Jan 15, 2010
12large:

my dream team is 433 this is even better than ivory coast

enyeama

ordiah         udoh      adeleye    taiwo

mikel

lukman            ibrahim

osaze                                     obasi
                              martins

the suprises in this team is udoh, i have been following his career since 2007 and he is 250 times better than own goal yobo.
for the midfield it is too good to be true, this team is better than ivory coast anyday. anyway i predict another golden generation for super eagles as soon as amodu is sacked.

And this team is likely to get to the quarter final of the worldcup with 10% experience in the midfield? undecided
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 7:04pm On Jan 15, 2010
stereotype:

@ Poster,

This is a totally useless thread.

I work in an organization and i am paid to do a job and if i can't do the job then anyone that criticizes me very well has the right to cos' i was paid to deliver.

So give us the kind of funds that was given to Amodu then we will start picking a team and giving out tactics. I was not PAID to do that, he was!

Then what are you doing here? since it's not for you, must you post here? why are some Nigerians so slow in thinking? didn't you read the purpose of this thread? undecided
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 15, 2010
honeric01:

Then what are you doing here? since it's not for you, must you post here? why are some Nigerians so slow in thinking? didn't you read the purpose of this thread? undecided
ure not different from amodu

buncha gorimapas cheesy
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 7:08pm On Jan 15, 2010
sleek417:

what fckin rules are u stating?

then i jump out of a hopeless thread with no iota of sense

how can i pick a 23 man team when i dont know who will be injured or fit

and why on earth are u proliferating other threads with your junk thread?
desist or i delete it maself grin

do your analysis urself and praise sing your amodu

sagamite will soon come and help u
hiss

i was trying to calm down but it seems you need to be flogged, why are you talking like someone who mistakenly drank 5 liters of unrefined crude oil? if you don't know what coaching entails, then sh.ut the mess up, you can't even name players you deem fit for the SE, yet you are one of the first to criticize others that do so, why not delete yourself once and for all from this thread?
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by stereotype: 7:09pm On Jan 15, 2010
then stop forcing people to read the thread, na by force?
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 7:10pm On Jan 15, 2010
sleek417:

ure not different from amodu

buncha gorimapas cheesy

And you are not different from a blind man who thinks the best way to travel to Kano is by sea.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 15, 2010
honeric01:

i was trying to calm down but it seems you need to be flogged, why are you talking like someone who mistakenly drank 5 liters of unrefined crude oil? if you don't know what coaching entails, then sh.ut the bleep up, you can't even name players you deem fit for the SE, yet you are one of the first to criticize others that do so, why not delete yourself once and for all from this thread?

e be like say u no dey think b4 u post
u know what coaching entails? why not take over from amodu grin grin grin

all ure doing is fantasy selection and doesnt mean u know what coachin entails

in footie, ure a smallie and i dont debate at this level

stereotype:

dude is an illiterate grin grin

honeric01:

And you are not different from a blind man who thinks the best way to travel to Kano is by sea.
duh! u berra delete this thread now now
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 7:14pm On Jan 15, 2010
stereotype:

And why are you posting on a thread you don't like? just too tempting to ignore? since you are too empty headed to name 23 man squad good enough to win the world cup or at least get to the quarters, you resorted to insults and cussing? typical beer parlor football fan.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 7:16pm On Jan 15, 2010
stereotype:

AND don't confuse criticism with insults

You must be blind not to know the difference between criticizing without having a better option and insulting when you are frustrated from not knowing the way forward grin
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 15, 2010
honeric01:

You must be blind not to know the difference between criticizing without having a better option and insulting when you are frustrated from not knowing the way forward grin
lol, this boi is gettin fraustrated o grin

wetin u wan do if i no commot for this thread?
u go beat me grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Johan Cruyff: Netherlands Great Dies Of Cancer Aged 68 / Manchester United: Carrick To Step Down As First Team Coach / Super Falcons Abandoned After Win Over Banyana — NFF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.