Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia (31734 Views)

Liz Anjorin Converts To Islam, Changes Name To Aisha / Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim World Beauty Pageant / Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by whsipernaija(m): 7:00pm On Sep 18, 2013

[img]http://3.bp..com/-heLCdae8jWo/Ujn_722fUSI/AAAAAAAAxQM/1G6gSFAgSww/s1600/aisha.jpg[/img][img]http://1.bp..com/-kUaetnNTuPk/UjoALjdCv0I/AAAAAAAAxQU/AlXwbspYaqo/s320/Muslim-Pageant-300x363.jpg[/img][img]http://4.bp..com/-vLLxHeyJXN0/UjoALz30G_I/AAAAAAAAxQY/qmIyxovxWkg/s320/aisha+2.jpg[/img]

The newly crowned the Muslimah World 2013 Obabiyi Aishah Ajibola (C)
A Nigerian woman tearfully prayed and recited Koranic verses as she won a beauty pageant exclusively for Muslim women in the Indonesian capital Wednesday, a riposte to the Miss World contest that has sparked hardline anger.

The 20 finalists, who were all required to wear headscarves, put on a glittering show for the final of Muslimah World, strolling up and down a catwalk in elaborately embroidered dresses and stilettos.
After a show in front of an audience of mainly religious scholars and devout Muslims, a panel of judges picked Obabiyi Aishah Ajibola from Nigeria as the winner.
While the event in a Jakarta shopping mall paled in comparison to Miss World on the resort island of Bali, in which scores of contestants are competing, Ajibola was nevertheless overwhelmed.

Upon hearing her name, the 21-year-old knelt down and prayed, then wept as she recited a Koranic verse.
She said it was “thanks to almighty Allah” that she had won the contest. She received 25 million rupiah ($2,200) and trips to Mecca and India as prizes.
Ajibola told AFP before the final that the event “was not really about competition”.

“We’re just trying to show the world that Islam is beautiful,”she said.

Organisers said the pageant challenged the idea of beauty put forward by the British-run Miss World pageant, and also showed that opposition to the event could be expressed non-violently.
Eka Shanti, who founded the pageant three years ago after losing her job as a TV news anchor for refusing to remove her headscarf, bills the contest as “Islam’s answer to Miss World”.

“This year we deliberately held our event just before the Miss World final to show that there are alternative role models for Muslim women,” she told AFP.

“But it’s about more than Miss World. Muslim women are increasingly working in the entertainment industry in a sexually explicit way, and they become role models, which is a concern.”

Hosted by Dewi Sandra, an Indonesian actress and pop star who recently hung up her racy dresses for a headscarf, the pageant featured both Muslim and pop music performances, including one about modesty, a trait the judges sought in the winner.
The pageant, which also featured bright Indonesian Islamic designer wear, is a starkly different way of protesting Miss World than the approach taken by Islamic radicals.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/world/18997229/nigerian-wins-muslim-beauty-pageant-rival-to-miss-world/
http:///4bvry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Freiburger(m): 7:07pm On Sep 18, 2013
wey the beauty na? me neva see any figure 8 o. grin

10 Likes

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by AbuMikey(m): 7:17pm On Sep 18, 2013
Ok na!!!

2 Likes

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 18, 2013
I see no changes
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by azeeza(f): 7:27pm On Sep 18, 2013
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder my brother.
Freiburger: wey the beauty na? me neva see any figure 8 o. grin

9 Likes

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by ayodeji752: 7:28pm On Sep 18, 2013
D most interestin part is "25million Indonesian money = 2,200 dollars" Nigeria is indeed a great country

29 Likes

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Rexsul: 7:43pm On Sep 18, 2013
muslim pageant? i c signs of endtym.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by busar(m): 8:37pm On Sep 18, 2013
Subhanallah! Muslim pageant!! This is absurd and strange in islam.

50 Likes

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by fr3do(m): 8:57pm On Sep 18, 2013
Her hijab is so sexy!
:p

2 Likes

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by eluquenson(m): 9:31pm On Sep 18, 2013
Islam is beautiful...Lovely grin

8 Likes

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Cestmoi1(f): 11:11pm On Sep 18, 2013
Unbelievable! Congrats to her.
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 18, 2013
Eyaaah
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 18, 2013
Oh boy, I no fit laff abeg. grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Celepope: 11:12pm On Sep 18, 2013
My take on this is that the event stinks of hypocrisy.Miss world 2002 Nigerian hosting on my mind

18 Likes

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by jovichi: 11:13pm On Sep 18, 2013
What's with d struggle 2 belong?
Cant u people just b yourself? At least for once?

3 Likes

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Chinaimporter: 11:13pm On Sep 18, 2013
[size=18pt]islam is beautiful........this is saudi arabias queen[/size]

7 Likes

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by jovichi: 11:13pm On Sep 18, 2013
What's with d struggle 2 belong?
Cant u people just b yourself? At least for once
Abegii!

Btw-just wondering what criteria were used.
Winner? Of a beauty pageant?
Smh!!!

6 Likes

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 18, 2013
eluquenson: Islam is beautiful...Lovely grin
Where is the beauty, maybe u re being sarcastic. grin

8 Likes

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by omoalayo(m): 11:14pm On Sep 18, 2013
ayodeji752: D most interestin part is "25million Indonesian money = 2,200 dollars" Nigeria is indeed a great country
chai.. to buy car 4 dat country Person go need lyk 500million ...d beauty of d girl is 70% coverd ..so I cnt say if She's realy worth it or nt...

6 Likes

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 18, 2013
This face? boxing things! she won the medal in islam boxing joo

13 Likes

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Positiveminds(m): 11:14pm On Sep 18, 2013
Wahala dey ooo. see beauty. Obasanjo go win beauty contest be that, hope dey!

17 Likes

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by homesteady(m): 11:15pm On Sep 18, 2013
Good for her! But seriously she's not pretty

9 Likes

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 18, 2013
Chinaimporter: [size=18pt]islam is beautiful........this is saudi arabias queen[/size]
All I see powder and black pencil, moreover where was she when this contest was on?

14 Likes

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by meforyou1(m): 11:15pm On Sep 18, 2013
It's only yoruba muslims that can attend this type of competition. I can almost swear that a muslim girl from kano, katsina or sokoto can never

10 Likes

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by lastpage: 11:16pm On Sep 18, 2013
So our Muslim 'fwends' are finally waking up eehn?

Should not have taken this long to know that "Boko is NOT Haram"!

Just some smart Imams taking you for a ride! wink

I hope the "copy-copy" ones in Nigeria will learn from these and stop causing riot and anarchy, anytime we want to host a Miss World or Miss naija in their enclave?

Shine ya eyes, l say. Ahliham-dundun-nlahi! shocked shocked

Lastpage!

BTW: As a "sign/show of protest", l gerrit. Its a "protest beauty protest" .... not a pageant really. shocked grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by simade123(m): 11:17pm On Sep 18, 2013
dats cool good luck
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by mitchyy(f): 11:17pm On Sep 18, 2013
Na wa o
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 18, 2013
miss world in Nigeria- cancelled
miss islam - won
islam, the religion of peace!
Error 404 peace not found.

29 Likes

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by 4reigningqueen: 11:19pm On Sep 18, 2013
"if he no be panadol, he no fit be like panadol"

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Islamic Scholar Dies In Saudi Arabia / Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers / Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.