Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License (16997 Views)

Military Helicopter Flying Around Uyo. / Nigeria Air Force To Inaugurate Helicopter Flying School In Enugu / Nigeria Air Force To Inaugurate Helicopter Flying School In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by Nigerianmovie(m): 10:00pm On Sep 18, 2013
Just saw this on NTA news. License has been granted to International Helicopter flying school in Emene Enugu to commence the training of pilots.
this is said to be the first in the whole of West Africa.
this is a food one. Thanks to the Jonathan led administration, bringing the much needed fresh air to all regions.

30 Likes

Re: International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 18, 2013
Nonsense...why helicopter school??..

Who flies helicopter this days when our politicians and pastors are flying in bombardier jets..

That school need to upgrade sharp sharp..

I wish to enrol then get employed by Oyedepo and Adeboye.
Its my dream to be the first to fly our DADDIES in the Lord across Bermuda Triangle.

7 Likes

Re: International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by manny4life(m): 10:55pm On Sep 18, 2013
gbosaa: Nonsense...why helicopter school??..

Who flies helicopter this days when our politicians and pastor are flying in bombardier jets..

Its my dream to be the first to fly our DADDIES in the Lord across Bermuda Triangle.

You make sense no be small but come o, at the bold, do not let the wrath of God fall on you.. grin grin
Re: International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by Akpaife(m): 10:59pm On Sep 18, 2013
After some piple will say GEJ is nt working

Heater hug naked wire

3 Likes

Re: International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 18, 2013
First helicopter flying school in the West African region. This PPP initiative is a great development.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MJb0vIPcws

3 Likes

Re: International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 18, 2013
manny4life:

You make sense no be small but come o, at the bold, do not let the wrath of God fall on you.. grin grin

Wrath of God...My Jehova liveth..

Nothing wrong with the bolded bro..

We,ll make history and set some record exploring bermuda triangle..
Re: International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by manny4life(m): 11:25pm On Sep 18, 2013
gbosaa:

Wrath of God...My Jehova liveth..

Nothing wrong with the bolded bro..

We,ll make history and set some record exploring bermuda triangle..

Hmmm

You have been warned o, Bible said, touch not my anointed, neither speak ill of them nor do them any harm.. You have been warned. grin grin

Besides, on the real, I think this is good, but a flight school would have been better.
Re: International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 18, 2013
@uncle agbameta...i can see you hovering around this thread.. wink

What says thou??

say something sir...pls break the ice.. cheesy
Re: International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by Horus(m): 12:21am On Sep 19, 2013
[img]http://4.bp..com/-BAWDpOWzuo0/UNR0so5MsdI/AAAAAAAAAxI/-5QADicRZ9s/s1600/Airorce+Delivery.jpg[/img]

The first two Robinson R66 training helicopters have been assembled in Lagos, and delivered to the Nigerian Air Force.
The 2011-build helicopters will be based at the International Helicopter Flying School, Enugu. The Air Force will take
delivery of several more Robinson R66s in the next few months.

4 Likes

Re: International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by agbameta: 12:24am On Sep 19, 2013
gbosaa: @uncle agbameta...i can see you hovering around this thread.. wink

What says thou??

say something sir...pls break the ice.. cheesy

Yes I'm here to attend to this latest empty and shallow chest beating BS jare...

1. This is old news

2. This is not the first helicopter training school in Nigeria talkless west Africa

3. Bristow helicopter training school is a reputable school in Nigeria and theve been around for some time like others.

Abeg ease up on the empty and shallow chest beating lame story...

Now, go back to regular programming...I'm out grin

3 Likes

Re: International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by Nobody: 12:42am On Sep 19, 2013
agbameta:

Yes I'm here to attend to this latest empty and shallow chest beating BS jare...

1. This is old news

2. This is not the first helicopter training school in Nigeria talkless west Africa

3. Bristow helicopter training school is a reputable school in Nigeria and theve been around for some time like others.

Eya must really hurt,... By the Time GEJ's tenure expires in 2019, all of you haters..must have been down with Hate induced stroke... Pele ooo grin

21 Likes

Re: International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by Dpeacemaker101: 1:41am On Sep 19, 2013
Yea, I have been there such a big place with lots of facilities, and good accomodation.

2 Likes

Re: International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by agbameta: 2:01am On Sep 19, 2013
Dpeacemaker101: Yea, I have been there such a big place with lots of facilities, and good accomodation.

Been there too, lots of helicopters including Apache helicopters, SA 321 Super Frelon, A129 Mangusta ("Mongoose"wink, Westland Lynx and many more. Yeah, lots of accommodation and isi ewu joints.

It's massive, best in Africa... grin
Re: International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by Dpeacemaker101: 2:10am On Sep 19, 2013
agbameta:

Been there too, lots of helicopters including Apache helicopters, SA 321 Super Frelon, A129 Mangusta ("Mongoose"wink, Westland Lynx and many more. Yeah, lots of accommodation and isi ewu joints.

confirmed
Re: International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by remarkD(m): 3:31am On Sep 19, 2013
I can understand when people hate (for whatever reason).... I mean... Israel is surrounded by people who wish they be wiped off the face of the earth.... and everyone can't or doesn't have to live every other person)

but what I don't get is why people, or HOW... they lie so profusely, intentionally, and even when they are caught... are not even willing to own up to their bold-face lies....

I find these kind of people despicable, desperate, devilish and will be doomed - by the very lies they have made their craft...

The reasons for telling their lies is also shocking...

You will lie and intentionally cook up so-called facts, twist phrases here and there (and then pull out a dictionary to start defining words which are normally used without ambiguity...) turn stories on their heads ... all for what?.... for the pulling down and/or portrayal in bad light of a people that are succeeding, and endeavoring to further succeed and progress in this life....

The crab-syndrome a poster mentioned in another was so apt and correct that the righteous Gbawe unashamedly came in to preach his long gospel/epistle.... but will never show up when lies and lies upon lies are coming from his brothers...

The seemingly smart ones amongst them, referring to Katsumoto is guilty of this too... all the way down to the dumbest of them.. the girl called Tinaksai or whatever her name is...

From strawman-based arguments and questions Kats concocts to utter ridiculous comments and long-lasting lies continuously being propaged by the rest of the tribalists here...
|
As I said.. hate- I can understand, but bold faced and downright straight up lies....? I don't get... maybe its just me...

agbameta:

1. This is old news

12 Likes

Re: International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by dgitrader(m): 3:54am On Sep 19, 2013
[size=20pt]yet another badnews[/size] for haters who only critisize ,as result of deep-rooted hatred and pull-him-down syndrome

Trains r back... they cry its slow
Power is improving.. they cry its not 50,000 megawatts
FG orders naija-built buses.. they cry its not fair
intl. Flights into enugu... they cry its not needed
Now helicopter trainings... they cry its its not 1st and their pastors fly only jets.

''They will lie and intentionally cook up so-called facts, twist phrases here and there (and then pull out a dictionary to start defining words which are normally used without ambiguity...) turn stories on their heads ... all for what?.... for the pulling down and/or portrayal in bad light of a people that are succeeding, and endeavoring to further succeed and progress in this life. .."
agbameta:

Who flies helicopter this days when our politicians and pastors are flying in bombardier jets..

18 Likes

Re: International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by taharqa: 4:22am On Sep 19, 2013

Who flies helicopter this days
when our politicians and pastors are flying in bombardier jets..

You are joking, right??
Re: International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by agbameta: 4:58am On Sep 19, 2013
remark D: [s]I can understand when people hate (for whatever reason).... I mean... Israel is surrounded by people who wish they be wiped off the face of the earth.... and everyone can't or doesn't have to live every other person)

but what I don't get is why people, or HOW... they lie so profusely, intentionally, and even when they are caught... are not even willing to own up to their bold-face lies....

I find these kind of people despicable, desperate, devilish and will be doomed - by the very lies they have made their craft...

The reasons for telling their lies is also shocking...

You will lie and intentionally cook up so-called facts, twist phrases here and there (and then pull out a dictionary to start defining words which are normally used without ambiguity...) turn stories on their heads ... all for what?.... for the pulling down and/or portrayal in bad light of a people that are succeeding, and endeavoring to further succeed and progress in this life....

The crab-syndrome a poster mentioned in another was so apt and correct that the righteous Gbawe unashamedly came in to preach his long gospel/epistle.... but will never show up when lies and lies upon lies are coming from his brothers...

The seemingly smart ones amongst them, referring to Katsumoto is guilty of this too... all the way down to the dumbest of them.. the girl called Tinaksai or whatever her name is...

From strawman-based arguments and questions Kats concocts to utter ridiculous comments and long-lasting lies continuously being propaged by the rest of the tribalists here...
|
As I said.. hate- I can understand, but bold faced and downright straight up lies....? I don't get... maybe its just me...[/s]

Geezzzz lmao.

This rubbish essay over what? So what the Nigerian air force is building helicopter school in your village? Who cares?

All I'm saying is, ease off on the silly chest beating about the first in Nigeria or Africa which was a lie as usual because there are tons of Helicopter training school in Nigeria and Bristow is one of them.

I don't even see any sane human approaching any Nigerian government related entity for such training unless you are ready to crash and die off malfunctioning and badly maintained helicopter.

All I'm saying is, stop making up lies or silly claims about first here and there.

Aviation college dey Zaria and another one dey for Ilorin in Kwara state. Abge relax joo.

2 Likes

Re: International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by agbameta: 4:59am On Sep 19, 2013
Bristow Helicopters to train pilots with $4.8m

Posted by: Kelvin Osa-Okunbor in Business May 31, 2013

Bristow Helicopters is to spend $4.8million (about N758.4m) on training of its pilots, the Managing Director, Capt. Akin Oni, has said’

[img]http://www.proudlyafrican.info/uploads/files/bristow-helicopter_nigeria-vol1_other-1.jpg[/img]

The said it would spend $300, 000 each on 16 pilots this year.

Oni said the training of pilots, engineers and other technical personnel was a yearly exercise by the company, adding that the current pilots would be trained at the Ilorin Aviation College, in Kwara State.

He explained that the selected candidates were picked from 2,000 applicants, while the training is expected to last for between seven and eight weeks.

He informed that after the initial training at Ilorin, they would proceed for further training to Bristow Academy in Florida, United States of America.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/bristow-helicopters-to-train-pilots-with-4-8m/
Re: International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by manny4life(m): 5:03am On Sep 19, 2013
$300k for one person?

The Managing Director of the so-called Bristow is a fvcking liar, to get your flight ratings up to CP-CFII, IR is no more than 60k and that includes EVERYTHING, not to talk of helicopter, na wa o... That's like 5x the amount.

2 Likes

Re: International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by agbameta: 5:06am On Sep 19, 2013

The General Manager, Human Resources, Bristow Helicopters, Mr Femi Collins, in a recent interview, with Correspondent, Abel Orukpe, said that apart from the fact that the rotary wing giant will continue to train Nigerian pilots and engineers to reduce the number of expatriates working in the country, the company’s target is to have 100 per cent Nigerian pilots. He also spoke on the number of Nigerians Bristow has trained as pilots in the last five years, and that training of pilots is a huge investment. Excerpts

How many Nigerians is Bristow Helicopters training this year, and where?

As it is in our tradition in Bristow Helicopter, we are about to train another set of Nigerians to become pilots in our ever expanding Nigeria aviation industry. This is not the first time we are doing that. In fact, in Bristow we are noted for incubating Nigerian pilot in the rotary wing of the aviation industry. We have the highest percentage of Nigerians trained as pilots in the helicopter wing of the aviation industry.
In other words, there is virtually no helicopter aviation company that you do not see ex-Bristow pilots well bread in the Bristow tradition of safety. We do this yearly, and this year, out of over 2,000 candidates that applied for sponsorship, we have selected 16, and these people are today being given final briefs before they depart for their various trainings. The training itself is divided into two. Many of them who have no experience in aviation at all would be sent to the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology (NCAT) in Zaria, and the College of Aviation in Ilorin. The idea is for them to be given an introductory lesson in flying. And they will be there for between seven and eight weeks.

Another reason why we are sending them to these schools is to take advantage of the local expertise in the aviation training in Nigeria so as to ensure that the Nigerian local content policy is deepened.

After successfully completing these seven to eight weeks, they will now be sent to Bristow Academy in Florida United States.

http://www.dailyindependentnig.com/2013/06/our-target-is-to-have-100-nigerian-pilots-bristow-helicopters/
Re: International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by agbameta: 5:16am On Sep 19, 2013
manny4life: $300k for one person?

The Managing Director of the so-called Bristow is a fvcking liar, to get your flight ratings up to CP-CFII, IR is [b]no more than 60k [/b]and that includes EVERYTHING, not to talk of helicopter, na wa o... That's like 5x the amount.

What's there to lie about? Depending on what you are offering, you can charge whatever you want for your product?

Is you 60k going to fly you to Florida for more intensive training?

Quality is better than quantity my friend, common sense should tell you that.

Bristow is the premier Helicopter company in Nigeria for a reason.
Re: International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by manny4life(m): 5:32am On Sep 19, 2013
agbameta:

What's there to lie about? Depending on what you are offering, you can charge whatever you want for your product?

Is you 60k going to fly you to Florida for more intensive training?

Quality is better than quantity my friend, common sense should tell you that.

Bristow is the premier Helicopter company in Nigeria for a reason.

STOP arguing shitt, FL is the center of flight training and yes $60,000 is more than enough to get ALL your licenses and ratings let alone for an helicopter. This includes flight training, resource and materials, aeronautical class, FAA written exam and check rides, etc, although may not include room and board.

Whether they are premier or not is not relevant, what I said is $300k for a flight training is a FAT LIE. If you talk too much, I will post flight rates are and you will see for yourself. $300k is an inflated amount, PERIOD.

2 Likes

Re: International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by agbameta: 5:41am On Sep 19, 2013
manny4life:

STOP arguing shitt, FL is the center of flight training and yes $60,000 is more than enough to get ALL your licenses and ratings let alone for an helicopter. This includes flight training, resource and materials, aeronautical class, FAA written exam and check rides, etc, although may not include room and board.

Whether they are premier or not is not relevant, what I said is $300k for a flight training is a FAT LIE. If you talk too much, I will post flight rates are and you will see for yourself. $300k is an inflated amount, PERIOD.

What's stopping you? As if it matters? Is it your business or are you in any position to dictate to businesses what to charge for their product and services? All schools/colleges/Universities or any training institution charge the same for their services ni?

What kind of silly rubbish talk is this?

Obviously, some folks are paying for it..This is their program and this is what they charge for it... period. The fact that a broke asssss like you can not afford it is your own personal wahala..

1 Like

Re: International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by remarkD(m): 5:43am On Sep 19, 2013
You son of a ----

Call it rubbish essay or whatever tickles your fancy, but listen, I don't know what you believe in, God or not, Karm or whatever, but know this: that your obsessive lies, accusations, deception and mischief.... which you have decided to trade for honesty & truth against others all the time, when its called for and when its not.... has a way of returning back to you.... you'll no longer be lieing against others, but yourself lol.
You know who the father of all liars is.... keep it up... self-destruction and lagging behind is what you are doing with your own acts and behavior... while the people you want to keep looking at what they doing, with whom, how, what they've accomplished, how the government is faring, the economy etc... is what you are constantly looking at and comparing to your own ish west of the Niger,

Keep hating, whom god has blest, no man can curse/effectively lie again or drag backward or hold down....

Liar, keep lieing... the ones we can burst here on NL, we definatly burst when we have the time,

Poisonous tongues full of vile, keep spewing ish... good day, sir.
---
So master of deception, carry on. Continue.... trying to, one word at a time, begin twisting "international HELICOPTER college" and hope to in another several comments or pages, arrive at "Aviation college" as you've tried now to slip away from your bold faced lie.... green snake in a green grass... you aint smart okay?

agbameta:

Geezzzz lmao.

This rubbish essay over what? So what the Nigerian air force is building helicopter school in your village? Who cares?

All I'm saying is, ease off on the silly chest beating about the first in Nigeria or Africa which was a lie as usual because there are tons of Helicopter training school in Nigeria and Bristow is one of them.

I don't even see any sane human approaching any Nigerian government related entity for such training unless you are ready to crash and die off malfunctioning and badly maintained helicopter.

All I'm saying is, stop making up lies or silly claims about first here and there.

Aviation college dey Zaria and another one dey for Ilorin in Kwara state. Abge relax joo.

2 Likes

Re: International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by manny4life(m): 5:47am On Sep 19, 2013
agbameta:

What's stopping you? As if it matters? Is it your business or are you in any position to dictate to businesses what to charge for their product and services? All schools/colleges/Universities or any training institution charge the same for their services ni?

What kind of silly rubbish talk is this?

Obviously, some folks are paying for it..This is their program and this is what they charge for it... period. The fact that a broke asssss like you can not afford it is your own personal wahala..

What a dolt!

Sometime I wish you had lil common sense to comprehend what is being said to you, because it's a Yoruba man quoting falsified figures. Here is price quote from Bristow in FL

Tuition & Fees - FAA

Bristow Academy reserves the right to adjust the prices at any time. Bristow Academy will give 30 days notice of any rate changes. All prices are in US dollars. Prices effective April 1, 2013. Fuel surcharges may be imposed due to the inflating cost of fuel, oil, and other petroleum products. Printable Version

Click on the links below to jump to the courses within the page.

back to Tuition & Fees

FAA Courses

Student Flight Rates
Instruction Rates
Additional Costs
Training Cost Examples
Private Pilot Program (PPL)
Commercial Pilot Program (CPL)
Commercial Add-on Program
Certified Flight Instructor Program (CFI)
Instrument Rating Program (IR)

Certified Flight Instrument Instructor Program (CFII)
Instrument Add-on
External Load Program
Turbine Transition
Airline Transport Pilot License (ATP)
Professional Pilot Program

FAA COURSES

STUDENT FLIGHT RATE
FLIGHT RATES PER HOUR
300CBi/R22 Dual Instruction VFR $305.00
300CBi/R22 Solo Rental VFR $257.00
300CBi/R22 Instrument Instruction $330.00
300CBi External Load Instruction $310.00
R44 External Load Instruction $489.00
Bell 206 JetRanger $955.00
Robinson R44 $480.00
Robinson R44 with G500 Glass Cockpit $495.00
Simulator $148.00
Simulator Bell 206 $178.00

INSTRUCTION RATES
INSTRUCTION RATES PER HOUR
Ground/Tutorial Instruction $48.00
Ground School Class Per Hour $10.00
Pre/Post Flight Briefing $48.00

ADDITIONAL COSTS
Books and Equipment (Estimate) $750.00
FAA Medical Exam (Class II) $70.00
FAA Written Tests (Each)

$130.00
Student Registration Fee $150.00
FAA Examiner Checkride (Each) $600.00
FAA Examiner Checkride CFI course $800.00
Estimated Fuel Surcharge (per hour)
-----300CBi n/a
-----R22 n/a
-----R44 n/a
-----Bell 206 n/a

TRAINING COST EXAMPLES

The cost of each program is based on the hourly rates above. The total cost of each program can vary significantly depending upon each individual’s aptitude. The training cost examples do not include any fuel surcharge.

PRIVATE PILOT PROGRAM
DESCRIPTION QTY COSTS
Dual Instruction 300CBi 33 $10,065.00
Solo Practice 11.4 $2,929.80
Tutored Instruction 10 $480.00
Ground School Class 140 $1,200.00
Pre/Post Flight Briefing 12.9 $619.20
Written Test 1 $130.00
Checkride Examiner’s Fee $600.00
Checkride Aircraft Rental 1.5 $385.50
Total Cost $16,409.50

(The cost of each program is based on the hourly rates above. The total cost of each program can vary significantly depending upon each individual’s aptitude. The training cost examples do not include any fuel surcharge.)

COMMERCIAL PILOT PROGRAM

These prices are in addition to the Private Pilot Program fee. The cost and content of the Commercial Pilot Program will be reduced if the pilot takes additional training courses, such as Instrument and External Load, immediately after completion of the PPL(H).
DESCRIPTION QTY COSTS
Dual Instruction 20 $6,100.00
Solo Practice 75 $19,275.00
Instrument Instruction 10 $3,300.00
Pre/Post Flight Briefing 10 $480.00
Written Test 1 $130.00
Total Cost $30,750.50

(The cost of each program is based on the hourly rates above. The total cost of each program can vary significantly depending upon each individual’s aptitude. The training cost examples do not include any fuel surcharge.)

COMMERCIAL ADD-ON PROGRAM

For FAA Commercial/Instrument Rated Fixed-Wing Pilots
DESCRIPTION QTY COSTS
Dual Instruction 300CBi 31.5 $9,607.50
Solo Practice 10.5 $2,698.50
Ground School Class 140 $1,200.00
Pre/Post Flight Briefing 20.5 $984.00
Checkride Examiner's Fee $600.00
Books and Equipment $250.00
Total Cost $15,725.50

*The first 2 weeks of the Rotorcraft Ground School cover the necessary helicopter specific material. The remainder of the necessary ground material can be covered in a one-on-one situation with the pilot’s primary helicopter flight instructor.

FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR PROGRAM
DESCRIPTION QTY COSTS
Dual Instruction 300CBi 16 $4,880.00
Tutored Instruction 11 $528.00
Ground School Class 60 $600.00
Pre/Post Flight Briefing 2.2 $105.60
Written Tests 2 $260.00
Checkride Examiner’s Fee $800.00
Total Cost $7,559.10

INSTRUMENT RATING PROGRAM
DESCRIPTION QTY COSTS
Dual Instruction (Hooded)* 25 $8,250.00
Simulator Training 10 $1,480.00
Ground School Class 68 $680.00
Pre/Post Flight Briefing 5 $240.00
Written Test 1 $130.00
Checkride Aircraft Rental 2 $564.00
Total Cost $12,424.00

***Some of these hours can be combined with Commercial training.

CERTIFIED FLIGHT INSTRUMENT INSTRUCTOR PROGRAM
DESCRIPTION QTY COSTS
Dual Instruction 5 $1,650.00
Written Test 1 $130.00
Total Cost $3,424.00

INSTRUMENT ADD-ON
DESCRIPTION QTY COSTS
Dual Instruction (Hooded) 15 $4,950.00
Ground School Class 68 $680.00
Checkride Examiner's Fee 10 $600.00
Books and Equipment $150.00
Total Cost $7,664.00

EXTERNAL LOAD PROGRAM****
DESCRIPTION QTY COSTS
Dual Instruction 300CBi 15 $4,650.00
Ground School Class 8 $80.00
Tutored Instruction 2 $96.00
Pre/Post Flight Briefing 2 $96.00
Total Cost $4,922.00

B206 TURBINE TRANSITION
DESCRIPTION QTY COSTS
Dual Instruction 5 $4,775.00
Pre/Post Flight Briefing 1 $48.00
Total Cost $5,303.00

AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT LICENSE
DESCRIPTION QTY COSTS
Dual Instruction 300CBi 10 $3,050.00
Dual IFR Instruction 15 $4,950.00
Tutored Instruction 20 $960.00
Written Test 1 $130.00
Checkride Examiner's Fee 1 $800.00
Total Cost $10,694.00

PROFESSIONAL PILOT PROGRAM

The following show two example students. In Option A, by combining courses, and by taking them in the optimum order, it is possible to maximize the flight hours and the total cost while maximizing your career opportunities. Option B is the minimum necessary in order to be eligible for an entry level position in the helicopter industry. International students participating in the F-1 visa program must enroll in Option A to meet F-1 program requirements.

Option A (suggested)
Course Element
COURSE ELEMENT DUAL SOLO GROUND SIM
COST
Private Pilot 33 12.9 162.9 $16,409.50
Instrument Rating 25 2 83 10 $12,424.00
External Load 300CBi 15 12 $4,922.00
R44 Transition and SFAR Hours 25 10 $12,480.00
Commercial Pilot 10 19.2 12 $9,290.40
Flight Instructor 16 1.5 73.2 $7,559.10
Instrument Instructor 5 2 11 $3,424.00

Additional Costs
(books/equipment/uniform + FAA medical)
$820.00
Total Cost 129 37.6 364.1 10
$67,329.00

Certified Flight Instructors who wish to instruct in Robinson aircraft must meet the requirements of SFAR 73. To instruct in the R22 the pilot must have 200hrs total
time of which 50hrs are in the R22. To instruct in the R44 the pilot must have
200hrs total time of which 50hrs are in the R44 (the pilot may credit up to 25hrs in the R22 toward the 50hr requirement in the R44).

This course takes approximately 9-11 months to complete.

Option B (minimum)
Course Element
COURSE ELEMENT DUAL SOLO GROUND
COST
Private Pilot 33 12.9 162.9 $16,409.50
Commercial Pilot 30 66.5 20 $28,180.50
Flight Instructor 16 1.5 73.2 $7,559.10
Additional Costs
(books/equipment + FAA medical) $570.00
Total Cost 79 80.9 256.1 $52,719.10

You can see the option A and B, I pity your stupidity at times, imagine my broke ass cannot afford it.... LOL, Bros, I went through flight training school, only that I did not pursue it any further (a sad mistake I regret today). I have one of my license, when I'm ready, I'm headed next for my three other licenses and ratings.

On that note, tell you brother at Bristow helicopters to STOP swindling his company of their money. Bristow in FL does not charge 1/2 or even 1/3rd or even 1/4 of what he's estimating... Onye oshi.

4 Likes

Re: International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by agbameta: 5:53am On Sep 19, 2013
remark D: [s]You son of a ----

Call it rubbish essay or whatever tickles your fancy, but listen, I don't know what you believe in, God or not, Karm or whatever, but know this: that your obsessive lies, accusations, deception and mischief.... which you have decided to trade for honesty & truth against others all the time, when its called for and when its not.... has a way of returning back to you.... you'll no longer be lieing against others, but yourself lol.
You know who the father of all liars is.... keep it up... self-destruction and lagging behind is what you are doing with your own acts and behavior... while the people you want to keep looking at what they doing, with whom, how, what they've accomplished, how the government is faring, the economy etc... is what you are constantly looking at and comparing to your own ish west of the Niger,

Keep hating, whom god has blest, no man can curse/effectively lie again or drag backward or hold down....

Liar, keep lieing... the ones we can burst here on NL, we definatly burst when we have the time,

Poisonous tongues full of vile, keep spewing ish... good day, sir.
---
So master of deception, carry on. Continue.... trying to, one word at a time, begin twisting "international HELICOPTER college" and hope to in another several comments or pages, arrive at "Aviation college" as you've tried now to slip away from your bold faced lie.... green snake in a green grass... you aint smart okay? [/s]

I really can't be bothered with emotional pansies like you on their menstrual period..

1 Like

Re: International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by Jakumo(m): 5:55am On Sep 19, 2013
That turbine-engined Robinson R66 is the top-of-the-line model from that manufacturer, so this new helicopter school is certainly well equipped. I would hazard a guess that the cost of one single R66 is enough to pay for at least four of the entry-level R22 piston-engined helicopters made by the same California company, so clearly cost is no object for the corporate entity setting up this new roatary-wing flight school in Enugu.

It is encouraging to see that full motion simulator facilities area already installed at this Enugu helicopter school, given the number of hours that can be shaved off actual flight time when students start off with simulator practice that enables them to get the hang of the basics of hovering before moving up to take the controls of a real bird. That video is very enlightening. Somebody with real business savvy is obviously behind this project, and the investment returns will be considerable, given that the cost per student for the most basic qualification if 15 million naira a pop.

All told this is a good development for Nigeria and for Africa. A British helicopter pilot instructor in Nigeria commented not long ago in another forum that the Nigerian pilots he has trained all turned out to be highly skilled aviators, several of whom later moved on to re-train as commercial airline pilots who currently are employed far beyond Nigeria's shores.

3 Likes

Re: International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by ifyalways(f): 6:00am On Sep 19, 2013
Bristow is a private firm and can charge "any" amount for their services. Simple market demand. You think its exorbitant?, come run your own. Keeping a company afloat and running "smoothly" in this country is not easy.
Btw, Bristow offers yearly, free cadet training for Nigerians too.

@topic, lovely. Hope it stays afloat and free of the usual "local content killers" ie (corruption, no maintenance)

1 Like

Re: International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by agbameta: 6:12am On Sep 19, 2013
manny4life:

[s]You can see the option A and B, I pity your stupidity at times, imagine my broke ass cannot afford it.... LOL, Bros, I went through flight training school, only that I did not pursue it any further (a sad mistake I regret today). I have one of my license, when I'm ready, I'm headed next for my three other licenses and ratings.

On that note, tell you brother at Bristow helicopters to STOP swindling his company of their money. Bristow in FL does not charge 1/2 or even 1/3rd or even 1/4 of what he's estimating... Onye oshi.[/s]

Is your dumb and irrelevant copy/paste nonsense going to pay for the Nigerian portion of the training and the 12 month extra training in Florida including tuition, room and board?

It's capitalist economy, even if they are charging $1 billion, it's their business, not yours, it's up to them and the market they serve to decide who can afford to pay or can not, not a broke assss hungry man like you...

2 Likes

Re: International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by agbameta: 6:15am On Sep 19, 2013
ifyalways: Bristow is a private firm and can charge "any" amount for their services. Simple market demand. You think its exorbitant?, come run your own. Keeping a company afloat and running "smoothly" in this country is not easy.
Btw, Bristow offers yearly, free cadet training for Nigerians too.

@topic, lovely. Hope it stays afloat and free of the usual "local content killers" ie (corruption, no maintenance)

How hard is this to understand? Sometimes it's like you are going back n forth with elementary school kids...

1 Like

Re: International Helicopter Flying School In Enugu Granted License by Okijajuju1(m): 9:48am On Sep 19, 2013
Hello!!

Mr. Pi Yung kim!! Abeg I need you to supply me 10 40ft container of assorted second hand Helicopter spareparts ozigbo ozigbo.. NO!! Dont ship it to Lagos, Fly it into Akanu Ibaim International airport by Cargo.. Yes!! The Money is being wired to your account by my Boy Chukwuma!

Thanks..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov. Ikpeazu Cuts Own Salary, Travelling Allowance By 50% / Just In: No Candidates For APC In Zamfara, INEC Insists / Real Reasons Petrol Scarcity, Queues Returned To Nigerian Fuel Stations- PT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.