Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,599 members, 7,816,488 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum (28101 Views)

Bot Gives Jonathan March Deadline To Reject Sheriff / Pirates Attack Polish Ship In Niger Delta, Kidnap 5 / 2015: PDP Gives Jonathan 1-week Ultimatum To Declare Interest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by emmaliveth10(m): 8:18am On Sep 19, 2013
hmmmm planning of forming my own gang
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by DoffMan2: 8:23am On Sep 19, 2013
CFCfan: A dreaded and ‘most wanted’ kidnap kingpin in Delta State who doubles as leader of the new Liberation Movement of the Urhobo People (LIMUP) today gave President Goodluck Jonathan a stunning 60-day ultimatum to address the sufferings of the Urhobo as well as grant amnesty to kidnappers or face attacks on oil facilities in the area.

Known simply as Kelvin, the bandit, who wore a mask and was surrounded by members of his gang who were dressed in military fatigues, said at a press conference that if Jonathan failed to address what he described as the ‘gross marginalization’ of the Kokori community and grant unconditional amnesty to kidnappers, he will have no option than to shut down oil facilities.

Present at the occasion were members of the Kokori, Ethiope East Local Government Area community, who expressed admiration of Kelvin and his men.

“The reason why we are here today is because of the continuous cheating of our people by the Federal government. The federal and state governments have been suffering us and now we want them to hear us because for over 50 years now they have been drilling oil from our community (Kokori), which is the second best oil in this country.

“Yet we have nothing to show for it, the community has no road, they do wooden bridges in areas that need a formidable bridge that will last for a long time. There is hunger everywhere, graduates have no work. So we want the government to listen to us. In fact we are giving the federal government 60 days ultimatum to listen to us or else we will shut down all the well heads in the area,” he threatened.

Kelvin, who was declared ‘most wanted’ by security agents last year for allegedly masterminding a high profile kidnap and killing some security personnel, rejected the names he and his gang have been called. He declared them as being far from the truth, stressing that the mission and vision of his group is nothing but to draw the attention of the world to the criminal neglect of his oil-bearing community and the Urhobo nation.

According to the visibly angry Kelvin, “For over fifty years, they have exploited our land in the guise of oil exploration with nothing to show for it in terms of development. There are no good roads, no industries for the youths to work, our women and mothers cannot farm again because of the devastating effect of the oil exploration on our land.

“Fifty years of oil exploration has left our men prostrate without no meaningful source of livelihood. Most of them can no longer fend for their families and all attempts to draw the attention of the State Government and the Federal Government of Nigeria to the plight of the community have been greeted by repression, so we have no other alternative than to bear arms against the nation, in order to drive home our demands since the only language Nigeria understands is violence.”

Asked Kelvin, “When the Ijaws and Itsekiris where agitating with arms, we the Urhobo youths chose to be peaceful, but what did we get? We are rather left out completely in the amnesty program. Is it not the same oil that the Ijaws and Itsekiris produce that is also produced in Kokori, which has the second best oil in Nigeria? So what is our crime?”

He said that his group does not fear the army, should the government want to send it in, warning that when his group is ready to attack, “no amount of security” can stop them as they have the backing of “top people” in Nigeria and abroad.

“The reason why they have been hearing of the name Kelvin is because of what I just told you now. I am the Kelvin; I am like two million Kelvin. I am not a kidnapper. What is happening as a result of our activities in the state and the country is for the federal government to know that we are angry,” he explained.

He warned that the cease fire and peace currently being enjoyed in Delta State was not the work of men of the Joint Task Force or of large numbers of security men parading the streets, but that his group had simply decided to give peace a chance by giving the State and Federal Government the benefit of the doubt.

However, he warned, “After this 60 days ultimatum, if we do not see any meaningful attempt by the authorities to address our plights, we would shut down all oil facilities in Urhobo land and there is no amount of security personnel that can stop us. I know I cannot fight the federal government alone but I will do things that will touch their marrow.”
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/%E2%80%98most-wanted%E2%80%99-delta-kidnap-kingpin-gives-president-jonathan-60-day-ultimatum-address-deman

Urhobo people na giri die people! Yawa dey o!
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Lilimax(f): 8:27am On Sep 19, 2013
What of Tompolo and John Ogbomo or what is he called
Seems this Kelvin is going to be their repalcement ? angry
Not again... cry
We've had enough angry

1 Like

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by amosadamu: 8:32am On Sep 19, 2013
angry Men naija don cast, its easier to be a militant for 2yrs, terrorize the country by any means possible in the name of anything.. After that ask for amnesty and u get paid 200k per month or you are sent abroad for a course..
It baffles me when u spend 4 or 5 yrs in the university or 7yrs with ASUU strike. And u get a 70k job per month..

2 Likes

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by pesty100(m): 8:32am On Sep 19, 2013
Give him some money and he will shut up
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 19, 2013
joeydozzy: The Federal Government Of Nigeria does not negotiate with terrorists angry

I once heard the original version from George Bush, i doubt if GEJ has got such ballz.

GEJ would probably come out with this ''The Federal Government of Nigeria would negotiate with terrorists if only their stakes are not high'' cheesy

1 Like

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 19, 2013
Omen100: My Mum's is actually from Kokori & I'm in support of the demands of Kelvin.
what is the name of your local government chairman? What is the name of the senator representing your constituency?
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by ba7man(m): 8:39am On Sep 19, 2013
They have a point there. Their region is being destroyed and with the money released to better the ND region, it just doesn't touch the grass-root because its being cornered by the big-shots in the region.

God help them.......but the idea of turning to crime to air your grievances will always be a bad idea.
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Memyselfu2009(m): 8:39am On Sep 19, 2013
I don't have to read this Bullshit kidnapper demanding for ransom see rubbish

1 Like

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Gwekzy: 8:43am On Sep 19, 2013
Nigeria!! A country where Criminals re honored...its a Pitiable dismal occurrence
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by misterjosh(m): 8:44am On Sep 19, 2013
mekaboy: Jonathan don suffer for this him people. A mans greatest enemy are from his own home. The north on one hand jonathan pple on the other hand.

Amnesty for kidnappers? Wonders shall never end. Wetin prostitutes dey wait to demand amnesty or else they spread HIV and AIDS anyhow.

This oil has become a curse.
Abeg make prostitutes no threaten to spread AIDS OOO
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by geeez: 8:48am On Sep 19, 2013
Under GEJ, lawlessness has assumed frightening proportions with criminals turning celebrities and thugs calling the shots. It's a nation ruled by outlaws and gangsters

3 Likes

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Gwekzy: 8:49am On Sep 19, 2013
Dis Kelvin Boy get mind sha..N I heard he is only 25
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 19, 2013
lakhadimar: what is the name of your local government chairman? What is the name of the senator representing your constituency?

Late Senator Ewerhido is the one representing them, he is actually from this said Kokori, and Delta State hasnt done the Local Govt election yet, due to insufficient funds for allocation, according to Uduaghan
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 19, 2013
Kai, GEJ don see sumtin
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 19, 2013
ba7man: They have a point there. Their region is being destroyed and with the money released to better the ND region, it just doesn't touch the grass-root because its being cornered by the big-shots in the region.

God help them.......but the idea of turning to crime to air your grievances will always be a bad idea.

Yeah, their Kings and Chiefs precisely, i guess everyone has forgotten also how the Chairman of DESOPADEC Looted 17Million dollar that was found in his house, till now he has gone cot free without anymore investigation.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by CGKing(m): 8:53am On Sep 19, 2013
Oil is never a curse. Ask Dubai and the other western countries. Thing is, when u permit falsehood and criminality, because u think it doesn't affect you, it's a seed for ur future. Christians, beware.

1 Like

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by ecolime(m): 8:54am On Sep 19, 2013
Kelvin sef wan use private jet grin ..
GEJ don suffer oo. The north is pulling his left arm, his people are pulling his right arm while some south-west peeps courtesy of Tinubu are pulling his ballss. I've never seen a president being this troubled. Let this man rest abeg.

1 Like

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 19, 2013
Jonathan kai! E don be for you!
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by deandavid(m): 8:56am On Sep 19, 2013
eddiebruk:

You are right bro, but i must tell you something that is going on in the N-Delta, myself is from a place in the Major city of warri, but i will never aggree with anyone when it comes to backing them up with this Oil ish, because they are all greedy, Let me explain this in a simple manner now.

In Delta State, a King is now being called to serve his people by the Governor, in the olden days, what power does a Governor have over a King who is the custodian of the old-traditions, Now the reason why they are doing this is because with the Kings being under the Governor he now has Total control over the Voice of the communities, communities respect their Kings even when the Government are Bad, and now the Kings are now being bossed by the Government, how will the cry of the people be heard...?

The Chiefs are now being paid by the Government making them forget their roles in the communities as Royal fathers, 2007 80% of the Chiefs in Warri/Effurun were using bike to attend palace meetings and Government events, but today, Not even a single one has Concord Benz anymore, they all now drive in flashy cars that were bought for them by the Government, Rights of the communities have been sold.

Issues like these in the first place are supposed to be handled by the Royal Fathers and Traditional Rulers, even as it is now, It's been 2-3years since Delta State conducted Local Government Election simply because the state Government said they are not financially strong enough to allocate budget yet to the Local Governments, and you expect people to pay Tax....?

Our rights as citizens has been stolen by our Traditional Rulers and the value of community service and Rural Developments/Empowerment has been stolen, now if the State Government does any little thing they expect the whole state to commend their efforts when Individual communities are actually suffering, The Air Pollution that is caused alone by Refinery is enough for the Oil companies to Power the whole city with 24/7 Electricity, but no they will not, because there are people who are actually collecting the funds meant for rural development through back door. so it will be better if the People start first with their Traditional Rulers, then step up to those representing them both in the Senate and House of Assembly, that way they will be able to get the message, after which they can face the State and then the Federal Government.
oshare...u sound like a man 4rm d tribe of lion and a put.am i correct?
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 19, 2013
mekaboy: Jonathan don suffer for this him people. A mans greatest enemy are from his own home. The north on one hand jonathan pple on the other hand.

Amnesty for kidnappers? Wonders shall never end. Wetin prostitutes dey wait to demand amnesty or else they spread HIV and AIDS anyhow.

This oil has become a curse.
Guy ur comment funny die. I can't stop laughing.
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by wellmax(m): 8:57am On Sep 19, 2013
I thought they have a governor....ooooo that was Ibori grin

1 Like

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by jmoore(m): 8:58am On Sep 19, 2013
Ibori and your present governor are the cause.
Cowards!!

GEJ, please give me fighter jet to silence these terrorists for only 12 hours. I will do it for free.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 19, 2013
deandavid: oshare...u sound like a man 4rm d tribe of lion and a put.am i correct?

yeah
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 19, 2013
Brake up dis damn country for goodness sake! The north, east and west keeps developin at our very own expence! Not acceptable at all. Jona giv us ND republic I take God beg u oh!
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 19, 2013
Jenams: Brake up dis damn country for goodness sake! The north, east and west keeps developin at our very own expence! Not acceptable at all. Jona giv us ND republic I take God beg u oh!

No way, Nigeria is too small to even be regarded as a country and you are talking about dividing, did other Nations divide themselves because one part of the country was the major producers of the resources, see, because of oil you are now being selfish, i don't want to say greedy, but really, this is the problem N-Delta as a whole is having, ONLY-ME-WAN-CHOP.

3 Likes

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Omen100(m): 9:03am On Sep 19, 2013
lakhadimar: what is the name of your local government chairman? What is the name of the senator representing your constituency?

Dude, I just said my Mum's, Kokori is my maternal Village but Pap's is from Sapele and the name of Sapele Local government caretaker committee chairman is Julius Egbadi, our representative in Delta House of assembly is Monday Igbuye, our House of representative is Ojakovo & we don't have anyone one yet in Senate because we lost our beloved Senator some few months back & may God bless his soul because he was a fine Senator & I hope, I have satisfied your taste?
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by alaoeri: 9:06am On Sep 19, 2013
Everybody is seizing the opportunity of GEJ imcompetency to give him ultimatum.
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Bizibi(m): 9:07am On Sep 19, 2013
Frm the senators representing the oil communities down to the traditional rulers,all of them need beta flogging,oza kelvin focus on those people first na them be the problem nt gej

1 Like

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by ALISMILE(m): 9:16am On Sep 19, 2013
doctokwus: Kidnapper or not,dis guy just has 2luk @ how wealthy& powerful d likes of tompolo,Asari etc av become,evn walking d corridors of power wt pomp,to realise d best line to toe is d miltant line,using threat of blowup of oil pipeline as a bait.This is what happens wen u reward militants wt contracts,make dem stupendously rich& powerful,while actually neglecting d communities dey claim neglect of.Is it not ironic dat since asari& tompolo became more wealthy beyond dere dreams,dey av not bn agitating for d devpt of their communities,yet,nothing has improved since.Kelvin must av bn well advised by evn those who claim 2 b after him in order for dem all to continue to sulk d nation dry!
Thanks very much bro. Ur analysis is the most brilliant ve read on nairaland since inception. Evrytin still bores down to d fact that gov still does not want to do the rite tin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saraki-Ekweremadu Forgery: Senators Stand In Court As No Where To Sit / Kukah: There Could've Been Coup If A Non-Northern Practised Nepotism Like Buhari / Ogoni Leaders Cry For Help As Armed-bearing Fulani Herdsmen Occupy Farms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.