Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,514 members, 7,816,250 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum (28098 Views)

Bot Gives Jonathan March Deadline To Reject Sheriff / Pirates Attack Polish Ship In Niger Delta, Kidnap 5 / 2015: PDP Gives Jonathan 1-week Ultimatum To Declare Interest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Litmus: 12:32pm On Sep 19, 2013
eddiebruk:

You are right bro, but i must tell you something that is going on in the N-Delta, myself is from a place in the Major city of warri, but i will never aggree with anyone when it comes to backing them up with this Oil ish, because they are all greedy, Let me explain this in a simple manner now.

In Delta State, a King is now being called to serve his people by the Governor, in the olden days, what power does a Governor have over a King who is the custodian of the old-traditions, Now the reason why they are doing this is because with the Kings being under the Governor he now has Total control over the Voice of the communities, communities respect their Kings even when the Government are Bad, and now the Kings are now being bossed by the Government, how will the cry of the people be heard...?

The Chiefs are now being paid by the Government making them forget their roles in the communities as Royal fathers, 2007 80% of the Chiefs in Warri/Effurun were using bike to attend palace meetings and Government events, but today, Not even a single one has Concord Benz anymore, they all now drive in flashy cars that were bought for them by the Government, Rights of the communities have been sold.

Issues like these in the first place are supposed to be handled by the Royal Fathers and Traditional Rulers, even as it is now, It's been 2-3years since Delta State conducted Local Government Election simply because the state Government said they are not financially strong enough to allocate budget yet to the Local Governments, and you expect people to pay Tax....?

Our rights as citizens has been stolen by our Traditional Rulers and the value of community service and Rural Developments/Empowerment has been stolen, now if the State Government does any little thing they expect the whole state to commend their efforts when Individual communities are actually suffering, The Air Pollution that is caused alone by Refinery is enough for the Oil companies to Power the whole city with 24/7 Electricity, but no they will not, because there are people who are actually collecting the funds meant for rural development through back door. so it will be better if the People start first with their Traditional Rulers, then step up to those representing them both in the Senate and House of Assembly, that way they will be able to get the message, after which they can face the State and then the Federal Government.

Respect your traditional leaders, respect your culture.
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by gbishman: 12:57pm On Sep 19, 2013
this is what u get when u undermine the integrity and capabilities of your authority and stoop low to the demands of common criminals. Now amnesty was granted to niger delta militants now the Urhobo kidnapper is now given ultimatum to the nigerian president. This is very appaulling. They are criminals thats the ish and as such treat them as they are. No civilised society rewards criminals apart from nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by ijawcitizen(m): 12:58pm On Sep 19, 2013
Abagworo:

What is so difficult in making States autonomous today? What you wrote above is what majority of Nigerians have been clamoring for and Jonathan + PDP have kept deaf ears. Amaechi has been at the fore front of autonomy for States and so have been some other political parties. Infact most of the so-called Amaechi faction belong to the PDP that want what most Nigerians want and that is true federalism.

http://theeagleonline.com.ng/news/four-northern-call-for-true-federalism/

http://www.thetidenewsonline.com/2009/07/01/on-resource-control-we-stand-–amaechi/

Abagworo pls don't come to twist my comment & opinion with your demented pattern of reasoning.

Everyone in the country knows that the confrontation & attacks on Jonathan from Amaechi has nothing to do with resource control as you wanna make people to believe.

Jonathan and Amaechi may have their differences on certain issues, but as Niger Deltans they are united in a common voice for resource control.

Since you've choosen to be ever ignorant, acrimonious, hateful, partial and mischievious, I guess you're member of #TeamKemiOmololu-Olunyolo.
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by confusion247(m): 1:19pm On Sep 19, 2013
Dpeacemaker101: Abeg what is this country turning to? GEJ you don hear am, God will see you through
The country is turning to One Nigeria.
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by confusion247(m): 1:23pm On Sep 19, 2013
Megaflex: I kinda agree wif dis Kelvin guy, but I still strongly believ that violence is not the solution
If he didn't choose violence, nobody will listen to him and him and his members will end up in kirikiri. Nobody is listening to massob today because they choose to be peaceful.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Litmus: 1:29pm On Sep 19, 2013
gbishman: this is what u get when u undermine the integrity and capabilities of your authority and stoop low to the demands of common criminals. Now amnesty was granted to niger delta militants now the Urhobo kidnapper is now given ultimatum to the nigerian president. This is very appaulling. They are criminals thats the ish and as such treat them as they are. No civilised society rewards criminals apart from nigeria.

Yeah

The Nigerian poor like to think that they are oppressed and that this is part of the problem. However the truth is that the problem lies in the fact that all Nigerians live in a state of impunity. So we need to address this issue.

Nigeria is a nation with primordial emotions within a modern superstructure. States with modern superstructures clamp down hard on citizens through the use of law. Who controls the law has always been a point of hard debate unresolved even in the developed Nations who's form of rule we copy-more or less. Therefor we should ignore for now the sentiment embodied in the emotional statement, "one rule for them one rule us" and go after the lawbreakers in our society. We need to clean up Nigeria the way the Texas rangers tamed the wild west. No more amnesty for anyone breaking the law. Some may argue that it is the right of citizens to take up arms against the state if the state fails them, or that Nigeria is a mere geographic expression (whatever that means) however it also means that the sate can fight back and if you want to hide under the "Nigeria is a Mere geographic expression nonsense",and take up arms, then so be it, you are a rebellion, and rebellions should be crushed. If you win,then so be it but lets not quibble any longer. Take out these scum or die trying!

Nigerians are lucky i don't hold power.
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by confusion247(m): 1:36pm On Sep 19, 2013
repogirl: The day when we'll start seeing one another as Nigerians and not by our tribes is the day we'll begin to make progress.
That day you are dreaming of will never come because we are not one and we can never be one. We were forced into this unholy marriage. For peace to reign, let's leave their oil for them.
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by splitnaija(m): 1:46pm On Sep 19, 2013
confusion247:
If he didn't choose violence, nobody will listen to him and him and his members will end up in kirikiri. Nobody is listening to massob today because they choose to be peaceful.
Biafra, the senior brother of massob, hasn't forgotten the bitter lessons of 1967-1970 war. That's why they appear peaceful at least for now. Until these ND militants are taught some bitter lessons too or this country is divided, there will never be peace and progress.
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by desmondoo(m): 1:47pm On Sep 19, 2013
tnk God amnesty ws given to HIV CARRIERS by providing them wit vaccines, wud hav been disastrous by now if notin ws done. God help us oooo!!!! like KELVIN said, "THE ONLY LANGUAGE NIGERIA UNDERSTAND IS VIOLENCE" . i think he's right cos wot nigeria is turning to is wot i dont understand. REVOLUTION shud be the answer for all diz. NAIJA AWAKENING shud be the caption very soon. i said very soon!!!!!
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Jonnie29: 1:50pm On Sep 19, 2013
he is not a kidnapper but doin the kidnappin to attract attention.urhobos are not fully regnize in delta state.check out the roads.

1 Like

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by confusion247(m): 1:50pm On Sep 19, 2013
Litmus:

Yeah

The Nigerian poor like to think that they are oppressed and that this is part of the problem. However the truth is that the problem lies in the fact that all Nigerians live in a state of impunity. So we need to address this issue.

Nigeria is a nation with primordial emotions within a modern superstructure. States with modern superstructures clamp down hard on citizens through the use of law. Who controls the law has always been a point of hard debate unresolved even in the developed Nations who's form of rule we copy-more or less. Therefor we should ignore for now the sentiment embodied in the emotional statement, "one rule for them one rule us" and go after the lawbreakers in our society. We need to clean up Nigeria the way the Texas rangers tamed the wild west. No more amnesty for anyone breaking the law. Some may argue that it is the right of citizens to take up arms against the state if the state fails them, or that Nigeria is a mere geographic expression (whatever that means) however it also means that the sate can fight back and if you want to hide under the "Nigeria is a Mere geographic expression nonsense",and take up arms, then so be it, you are a rebellion, and rebellions should be crushed. If you win,then so be it but lets not quibble any longer. Take out these scum or die trying!

Is it by force to be in One Nigeria? Let those who want One Nigeria go on with it and let those who wants freedom go on with their lives. It was Lugard that brought this problem upon us. Why are you so scared of disintegration? Does your life depend on the people of Niger delta?

1 Like

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by unmask: 1:58pm On Sep 19, 2013
please who knows if the kelvin guy has started recruiting.....please no scam o....

Thats how I was informed that asari was recruiting only for me to apply and realise it was massob

2 Likes

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by ijawcitizen(m): 2:00pm On Sep 19, 2013
Litmus:

Yeah

Hey Oil Parasite! You can't fool us with your IDEALISTIC PACIFIST'S desposition. Nigeria aka Republic of WaZoBia is a tyrannical state governed by greed & Tyranny.

Take your ideal rubbish to the trash can, nonsense!
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by stacomaster(m): 2:07pm On Sep 19, 2013
F**K HIM.. 60 days is Tomuch..!!!
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by eddyvilla: 2:09pm On Sep 19, 2013
I concur with Kelvin in just some regards. Although am from Kokori as well,and that community is nothing to write home about despite her input in the Nigerian economy,but reverting to Criminal ways is not supported by me. There are better forms of expressing our anger to the Government and Kidnapping is surely not an option at all
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Litmus: 2:12pm On Sep 19, 2013
confusion247:
Is it by force to be in One Nigeria? Let those who want One Nigeria go on with it and let those who wants freedom go on with their lives. It was Lugard that brought this problem upon us. Why are you so scared of disintegration? Does your life depend on the people of Niger delta?

Of course by force, one Nigeria.

In the absence of force anarchy reins. Even when there is extraordinary liberalism people will always demand some form of separate specialness and eventually force will be applied. Or else you get something like, Great Britain and northern island, becomes England, Scotland and Wales, soon it becomes City Sates of London, Edinburgh and Cardiff, then Town State of Glasgow, Dundee and Aberdeen, Leeds, Liverpool and Swansea and Newport. etc,etc etc ad infinitum.....
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by ifemixed: 3:42pm On Sep 19, 2013
Kelvin wants his own share of the National cake.Jonathan should give him
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by frankyychiji(f): 3:48pm On Sep 19, 2013
geeez: Under GEJ, lawlessness has assumed frightening proportions with criminals turning celebrities and thugs calling the shots. It's a nation ruled by outlaws and gangsters
idey teeell u! Like Tinubu and Amaechi.
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by frankyychiji(f): 4:01pm On Sep 19, 2013
alaoeri: Everybody is seizing the opportunity of GEJ imcompetency to give him ultimatum.
ultimatums are a necessary ingriedient in a democracy. Infact that's the beauty of it. You give ultimatums only to a listening civilian government. It happens all over the world. If u would only take sometime to stay away from super sports and Africa magic channels, u would notice that protests and ultimatums are at the peak in this millenium.

1 Like

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Weyrey1ofNaija(f): 4:03pm On Sep 19, 2013
This one sef will soon join his uncle Dokubo in the mansion in maitama and then his 'people' will be left on their own. Amadioha visit him sha.
This is the problem with Nigeria, putting the wants of ONE above the needs of MANY
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by ilebaami: 6:08pm On Sep 19, 2013
eddiebruk:

You are right bro, but i must tell you something that is going on in the N-Delta, myself is from a place in the Major city of warri, but i will never aggree with anyone when it comes to backing them up with this Oil ish, because they are all greedy, Let me explain this in a simple manner now.
In Delta State, a King is now bein
called to serve his people by the

Governor, in the olden days, what power does a Governor have over a King who is the custodian of the old-traditions,
Now the reason why they are doing this is because with the Kings being under the Governor he now has Total control over the Voice of the communities,

communities respect their Kings even when the Government are Bad, and now the Kings are now being bossed by the Government, how will the cry of the people be heard...?

The Chiefs are now being paid by the Government making them forget their roles in the communities as Royal fathers, 2007 80% of the Chiefs in

Warri/Effurun were using bike to attend palace meetings and Government events, but today, Not even a single one has Concord Benz anymore, they all now drive in flashy cars that were bought for them by the Government, Rights of the communities have been sold.

Issues like these in the first place are supposed to be handled by the Royal

Fathers and Traditional Rulers, even as it is now, It's been 2-3years since Delta State conducted Local Government Election simply because the state Government said they are not financially strong enough to allocate budget yet to the Local Governments, and you expect people to pay Tax....?

Our rights as citizens has been stolen by our Traditional Rulers and the value of community service and Rural Developments/Empowerment has been stolen, now if the State Government does any little thing they expect the whole state to commend their efforts when Individual communities are actually

suffering, The Air Pollution that is caused alone by Refinery is enough for the Oil companies to Power the whole city with 24/7 Electricity, but no they will not, because there are people who are actually collecting the funds meant for rural development through back door. so it will be better if the People start first with their Traditional Rulers, then step up to those representing them both in the Senate and House of Assembly, that way they will be able to get the message, after which they can face the State and then the Federal Government.

Your post got over 50 likes and interests me. IF YOU ALL KNEW THE MEANING OF CONSTITUTIONS YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THE SOURCE OF ALL THESE COMMUNITY, TRIBE AND RELIGIOUS RELATED SECURITY BREACHES. NIGERIA HAS A WRONG CONSTITUTION THAT CANNOT WORK NO MATTER WHO THE PRESIDENT. OWNERSHIP, CONTROL AND POLICING OF ANY RESOURCE MUST BE LOCAL IN ANY MULTIPLE-ETHNIC COUNTRY FULL STOP. NO PEACE WITHOUT A SOVEREIGN ETHNIC CONFERENCE TO MAKE NEW CONSTITUTIONS FOR NIGERIA.
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by eightsin(m): 6:52pm On Sep 19, 2013
This is d funniest thread i've read this week... Lmfao...Chaiii president GEJ don suffer.

Amnesty for kidnappers? Are u srz?
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 19, 2013
ilebaami:

Your post got over 50 likes and interests me. IF YOU ALL KNEW THE MEANING OF CONSTITUTIONS YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THE SOURCE OF ALL THESE COMMUNITY, TRIBE AND RELIGIOUS RELATED SECURITY BREACHES. NIGERIA HAS A WRONG CONSTITUTION THAT CANNOT WORK NO MATTER WHO THE PRESIDENT. OWNERSHIP, CONTROL AND POLICING OF ANY RESOURCE MUST BE LOCAL IN ANY MULTIPLE-ETHNIC COUNTRY FULL STOP. NO PEACE WITHOUT A SOVEREIGN ETHNIC CONFERENCE TO MAKE NEW CONSTITUTIONS FOR NIGERIA.

Well you really didn't get the message on my post, if not you would have understood i was saying the same thing, Meanwhile the reason why these problems shouldn't be taken as a National Issue is because once it becomes a National Issue the Value for their rage and clamor will surely increase, (Of course it has already increase) but if Nigeria ignores them and focus on other resources from other parts of the country, surely they will become humble because then Oil will have not as much Value internally..to Nigeria...it is the increase on too much capitalization on Oil that has led to things like this in the first place, Nigeria is not the one stealing their Oil, they are being paid duly, but their Leaders, Fathers, Reps, and other N-Delta Government officials are the once looting the money from getting to the Grassroots, do you expect Nigeria to use all her finance to pay these people just because they have Oil......Of course no.
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by creativino: 7:35pm On Sep 19, 2013
God have mercy sha
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Evestar200(f): 7:53pm On Sep 19, 2013
Truth be told,,Ehiope east,west and Okpe LGA have no single development Excepth Oghara which is the former Governor home,,no road,,no work no company,,ntn good is in this place ughelli south & North is more develop than those places,,,,DESOPADEC,,,NDDC,,LOCAL STATE AND FEDERAL GOVERMENT NEED TO BE BLAME 4 THESE,,,apart for the OSUBI AIRPORT and THE OSUBI HOTEL they build in those forest IN OKPE,,There is ntn to write about those place
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Evestar200(f): 8:02pm On Sep 19, 2013
Just look at the Federal Goverment road from PTI to Onisha is still one tight lane,,,,That roads claims 5 students lives that went to write Delsu post ume in Abraka,, in kokori close to the railway track,,if that road is 2 lane will those students died?
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 19, 2013
Evestar200: Just look at the Federal Goverment road from PTI to Onisha is still one tight lane,,,,That roads claims 5 students lives that went to write Delsu post ume in Abraka,, in kokori close to the railway track,,if that road is 2 lane will those students died?

That aptly sums up the incompetence of most FG MDAs. That is a bleeping shame.
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Evestar200(f): 8:49pm On Sep 19, 2013
CFCfan:

That aptly sums up the incompetence of most FG MDAs. That is a bleeping shame.
thats really a big shame,,i saw the truck that hit the car the students enter,,there is no way two small cars can pass that road not talk of big cars, unless
u re goin to drive along the bushes,,,i pass that road when i went to ph last year and i was ashame of the road,,,i cudnt believe my eyes that this same road is still the same way it is when when we drive pass that road last month
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Isiterere(m): 10:23pm On Sep 19, 2013
its high time unemployed graduate demand for amnesty as well

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by ferking(m): 1:02am On Sep 20, 2013
i Don't know what is wrong with nigerians?they are too selffish for my liking,Imagine nonsence must they finish the country money before they rest,dò they calculate what the government spent in oil bussiness before they think that everything that the government made in oil should bè handed to them for the satisfaction of their selfish libidos, i'm sick and tire of this unpathrotic adtittute of Nigerian citizens every body are just after themself,they are not concern for the interest of the country.every unit that would have help in making the country great are working for the downfall of the country. yesterday assu, today labour and some selfish governor tommoro something else,will you allow my hear to Eat salt?
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 20, 2013
Delta state i hail thee o! I trust my pple, no amount of security personnels cn stop dem. URHOBO WA DO!

1 Like

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by osy4u: 8:20am On Sep 20, 2013
very soon unemployed graduates will giv FG 7 days automatum

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope / Anambra Election: Yul Edochie Denies Stepping Down, Threatens Legal Action / Soldiers In Hot Chase Of Remnant Of Boko Haram Terrorists – Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.